Sign in to follow this  
swirvenirvin

Draft discussion

Who do you like at 5? I have that pic in my money league. I guess I am looking at portis/tiki

I'm only 1/4 done with my projections but yeah gotta think take the leftover of Portis Tiki for sure

Unorthodox draft so far. Which isn't a bad thing.

Yea, I was suprised the WRs went as fast as they did, FFT mocks always are extremley RB heavy.

Not only that but you get the rebound right around the corner. Then you have Gates, another good WR or semi risky running back. Iam not very happy with picking 9th in a money league in 3 weeks.

From what I've seen in mocks and other drafts I've done so far, 9th is probably the worst pick. I just got the 9th in one of my money league as well, really tough spot IMO.

sry, this pick caught me in the drive home from work, dinner, say hi to the fam time.

Hi riddlen's

I'm only 1/4 done with my projections but yeah gotta think take the leftover of Portis Tiki for sure

Agree. As of this time of the summer, with things subject to change, take the leftover between Tiki and Portis at #5.

komlo was just here a bit ago when it was his pick, now he's gone - why I am sandwiched between the replacement and the Master? ;)

komlo was just here a bit ago when it was his pick, now he's gone - why I am sandwiched between the replacement and the Master? ;)

Take it easy Sally, I'm here could'nt decide between WR or RB kinda early for Mason?

Take it easy Sally, I'm here could'nt decide between WR or RB kinda early for Mason?

I am serious, and don't call me Sally.

Yeah I think it was a bit early for Mason - he most likely would've been there with your next pick. However, the other WRs out there right now really don't stand out much more than Mason. He could easily outperform a majority of WRs still not drafted.

eh not my pick right there, gets yards and catches but no td's

I am kinda surprised Jackson is still avaiable, people thinking injury not worth the risk here :(

really wanted djax to fall to me......so took s.moss....normally i don't like players from the same team....but was hurting at WR

Blue you're my boy! I know you wanted Shockey! :shocking:

:banana: You know I wanted him, but I have much man-love for TG. He has carried me in the past.

:lol: You know I wanted him, but I have much man-love for TG. He has carried me in the past.

Yeah the two are pretty interchangable at this point in the draft, I just had to give ya some crap.

So this mock has been good. I didn't see any backs I liked so I took Roy Williams. I know this is his year. Martz will help take him tothe next level and third year!!

4.4 Reggie Bush I needed a back and Itook upside here. Maybe the mosy over hyped guy ever but I think he can produce.

I will be back around 12 I am off totake my cousin on a airboat ride. We went toDolphin practice last night! It was cool seeing Saban and Culpepper up close. I am quite excited about this year!!

4.12 Andre Johnson

5.1 Fred Taylor

Needed a WR, and Andre Johnson was the obvious pick to me, since every other WR had too many question marks surrounding them or I would have felt I was reaching.

Of the remaining RB, Fred Taylor has the best chance of not being in some sort of committee and actually has really good upside if he stays healthy. Same old, same old, but that is why he is a #3 RB in this draft. RBs are disappearing quickly in the first few rounds in this draft. And nothing but dreck would have remained by the time I picked again. The value felt right.

Pretty decent mock so far, not so much in the team clash/kutulu drafted, but in that many players I had targeted have gone prior to getting a chance to draft. Well informed group or equally as clueless as myself. Take your pick.

Unlike the real, 2 player keeper draft I did about 2 weeks ago. One handcuff RB went several spots before I could get him (Perry to backup Rudi). Just once did I get reamed when a player went 1 spot in front of me.

Zack mentioned that he'd be out til about noon. Did he drop a list with anyone?

Also, looks like taking Tom Brady started the QB run. With Palmer injured to end last year, there is no obvious #2 QB. Therefore, I went with consistency in Tom Brady. :thumbsdown:

Riddle me this. :lol:

:first:

:(

I was happy being able to land Deuce Mac here in the 5th round. Even if he loses a lot of touches, he has too much upside to let slip much farther.

ehhhhhhhh, my team behlows.

I figured that you drafted 4 halfway decent RBs so that you can create some frankenstein-like RB monster. :banana:

I wanted Benson in a bad way right there.....

That's funny, cause if I didn't go RB, I was gonna go with Walker, who has got some great press the last few days (nice pick :thumbsup: ). But with only 2 RBs and having to go all the way down the draft line and back, I had to go RB now.

Hold on guys just got in give me 5.

he was the only guy left on my list. I didn't want to dig to much. I expect big things from him.

OK you guys can take this with a grain of salt because I am a Dolphin fan and all. Culpepper looks good man!! he rolled out on a play last night at practice and hit Chambers on a beautiful pass. He did it again later as well. These were those great leaping catches where chambers extends himself all the way and pulls the ball in. This was like 1rst team offense against 1rst team D at the end. If you can get Chambers or Culpepper without over paying for them in any money leagues I would jump all over them this year. I am excited to be a Dolphin fan this year!!

I don't think it will matter, but I'll be leaving work at about 3:30 and won't be able to check in till about 5pm EST. I doubt we will get to the kutulu/clash pick, but if we do...that will be the holdup.

I am too lazy to make a list and email it out

:lol:

6.12 Chris Brown

7.1 Chris Cooley

With McNabb and Bulger disappearing the two picks right ahead of me, I am simply choosing to trust the tiers on my cheat sheets.

Tough draft so far. I don't feel like I have made a single selection of value up to this point. No one has fallen to me past their usual draft position. And I feel I reached with Cooley. Tough draft.

Nice job so far everyone.