Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Who are you?

How did the saying "jump the shark" come about anyways? What focking genius decided to name something that is old and out of style "jump the shark"? What does jumping and mean fish have to do with it?

How did the saying "jump the shark" come about anyways? What focking genius decided to name something that is old and out of style "jump the shark"? What does jumping and mean fish have to do with it?

ask this guy: :first:

"jumping the banana" is now the proper term, TIA

"Jumping the shark is a metaphor that has been used by US TV critics and fans to denote the tipping point at which a TV series is deemed to have passed its peak. Once a show has "jumped the shark," fans sense a noticeable decline in quality or feel the show has undergone too many changes to retain its original charm.

The phrase specifically arises from a scene in the hit TV comedy series Happy Days in which one of the central characters, Arthur "The Fonz" Fonzarelli, on water skis, literally jumps over a shark. The scene was written into the show at a point when the viewing ratings were beginning to drop, and it is generally regarded as the creative low-point at which the show finally lost all credibility."

wiki

"Jumping the shark is a metaphor that has been used by US TV critics and fans to denote the tipping point at which a TV series is deemed to have passed its peak. Once a show has "jumped the shark," fans sense a noticeable decline in quality or feel the show has undergone too many changes to retain its original charm.

The phrase specifically arises from a scene in the hit TV comedy series Happy Days in which one of the central characters, Arthur "The Fonz" Fonzarelli, on water skis, literally jumps over a shark. The scene was written into the show at a point when the viewing ratings were beginning to drop, and it is generally regarded as the creative low-point at which the show finally lost all credibility."

wiki

I guess they're right, old people, though slow and dangerous behind the wheel, can still serve a purpose. Don't you go dyin' on me!

it is my opinion that WAY too many posters on here have "jumped the banana"

:shocking:

it is my opinion that WAY too many posters on here have "jumped the banana"

:shocking:

I wish. :unsure:

I expect that the phrase "jump the banana" will be used going forward as part of board lore.