Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

The Bush Presser Today

I don't know who George Scarborough is, but Joe Scarborough's piece on Bush as Idiot is making huge waves in the media, it seems.

The one line out of that presser that was kind of shocking was Bush saying "We won't leave Iraq during my presidency." :( :lol: Now THAT'S what the electorate wants to hear: two-plus more years of death, destruction and deficits!

For the past six years George W. Bush has been the target of ridicule from liberal circles. But now, instead of laughing at Democrats’ ill-directed arrogance, Republicans are quietly joining the left in questioning the President’s intellectual prowess.

The biggest knock on Bush’s brain is his lack of intellectual curiosity. Former administration officials still close to the White House will tell you Mr. Bush detests dissent, embraces a narrow world view and is intellectually incurious.

Worse for this White House is the fact that George W. Bush has daily smackdowns with the English language and the English language usually wins.

His gaffes are funnier than most SNL skits. But more disturbing are his rambling, disjointed press conferences like the one he held earlier this week.

Friends and foes alike agree that George W. Bush is one political figure who gets worse with age. Look back at his performance as Texas governor and you will see a funny, self-assured public figure who inspires confidence. But these days, the mere opening of Mr. Bush’s mouth makes many GOP loyalists shake in their tasseled loafers.

So does it matter in the end whether our president is articulate and intelligent?

You bet your life, it does. I’m not saying we need to elect a dork like Michael Dukakis, who famously spent vacations at the beach reading books on Swedish land use or was so overwhelmed with the details of the old SALT treaties that he would sulk off to bed depressed.

But when America is fighting a global war on terror where the battle is for hearts and minds instead of beachheads and landing strips, we need a leader who can explain to friend and foe alike why America is in Iraq, why we keep sending arms to Israel and why liberal democracy really is preferable to Islamic fascism.

Right now, George W. Bush is not that leader.

- Never would've expected this from "Regular Joe"

Gawd, this sounds like an "Abbbott and Costello routine:

You know, I've heard this theory about everything was just fine until we arrived, and kind of "we're going to stir up the hornet's nest" theory. It just doesn't hold water, as far as I'm concerned. The terrorists attacked us and killed 3,000 of our citizens before we started the freedom agenda in the Middle East.

That led to this point-counterpoint:

Q: What did Iraq have to do with that?

THE PRESIDENT: ? What did Iraq have to do with what

Q: The attack on the World Trade Center?

THE PRESIDENT: Nothing,.....

Bump

you bump those threads where your questioned Obama's sanity or even ragged on him.

Surely there had to be a few

Thanks for confirming what we already knew, you're a hack.

Good bump

you bump those threads where your questioned Obama's sanity or even ragged on him.

Good bump

A deranged hack.

Good bump

It's like English, only Not...

W was a cuck and let the media walk all over him. How did that work out? He was the most hated President in history.

Trump slaps those communists daily and his support keeps growing.

Anyone who thinks Trump should "tone it down" needs only to see how the media treated W when he was cordial.

I see that I missed an opportunity to spew hate and vitriol at the Bushtard twelve years ago. :(

W was a cuck and let the media walk all over him. How did that work out? He was the most hated President in history.

Trump ###### slaps those communists daily and his support keeps growing.

Anyone who thinks Trump should "tone it down" needs only to see how the media treated W when he was cordial.

My support grows every time he slaps around the media.