Sign in to follow this  
SayChowda

Deion Branch news re: Traded to Seattle

BREAKING SPORTS NEWS: The New England Patriots have given Deion Branch permission to seek a trade and negotiate a contract with other clubs. This permission will extend until September 1, 2006, according to a statement released by the Patriots. --Developing

http://www.boston.com/

:unsure: Good for them. Let's see that turd find something better if he can...

Perhaps GreenBay - help out ol' Favre a little?

Seahawks - D Jax knee is a bit troublesome for me

Chargers - McCardell is getting old, Eric Parker uh - this team could use him

Tennessee - gets my vote since Givens has proclaimed himself out the entire preseason with a hammy

Nice link btw - was that the whole paper?

Buffalo, Miami, and Jets should give Branch's agent a call for starters. Give a 3rd/4th rounder and enjoy watching Reche Caldwell and Chad Jackson try and get open consistently.

He deserves David Givens money

:unsure: Good for them. Let's see that turd find something better if he can...

His agent will begin by saying " My client is a SB MVP....." the clubs in unison will say you will not be getting SB MVP money...."

I feel for the guy, but the Patriots had a solid offer on the table, greed has set in.

Perhaps GreenBay - help out ol' Favre a little?

Last thing GB needs is another me 1st player.

I think teams are starting to shy away a little. Yes I know the Falcons traded for Lelie and the Boys signed Owens. But it appears more and more teams are talking about the "type" of players they prefer to sign. For a team to trade for Branch, the price would probably be lower than NE would be willing to accept.

I don't see the Eagles either. They still have a bitter taste in their mouth.

You know who could use a WR like Branch? New Engl...oh wait, my bad.

Last thing GB needs is another me 1st player.

I think teams are starting to shy away a little. Yes I know the Falcons traded for Lelie and the Boys signed Owens. But it appears more and more teams are talking about the "type" of players they prefer to sign. For a team to trade for Branch, the price would probably be lower than NE would be willing to accept.

I don't see the Eagles either. They still have a bitter taste in their mouth.

Branch is not a me-first player.

His desire for a new contract is warranted; the money he's looking for is not.

But you are correct. NE would likely want at least a 2nd rounder for Branch (where he was drafted) and most clubs won't give that up.

Belichick was an economics major in college. He's gonna' let the market show Deion just how good NE's offer was.

What about SD?

Sources said yesterday the Chargers and Saints have broken off trade talks, the Saints refusing to come up from their offer of a fourth-round draft pick in exchange for linebacker Donnie Edwards. The Saints are the only suitor to have contacted the Chargers. -

Could be a fit? :D

You know who could use a WR like Branch? New Engl...oh wait, my bad.

:lol:

post of the day! :D

Branch is not a me-first player.

His desire for a new contract is warranted; the money he's looking for is not.

But you are correct. NE would likely want at least a 2nd rounder for Branch (where he was drafted) and most clubs won't give that up.

Belichick was an economics major in college. He's gonna' let the market show Deion just how good NE's offer was.

You know what would be totaly slick...

Niners have an incentive deal with the Jets...rumored to be a 4th rounder now, and if Barlow starts it's a 3rd rounder. If he gets 1000 yards (starter or not) it's a 2nd round pick.

Niners should offer that pick to the pats for Branch, then do a trade & sign with him. Good deal for both teams, fills another need on the Niners and builds for the future. Pats get between a 4th and 2nd rounder for him. thoughts? :cheers:

Pats get between a 4th and 2nd rounder for him. thoughts? :D

won't happen IMO.

NE would want a 2nd AT LEAST.

The objective here for NE isn't to trade Branch (unless a too-sweet to pass up deal comes along... and it won't)

The objective is to tell Branch's agent to p!ss or get off the pot... go see what the market will give you, and once you see that we've been pretty fair, get your player's ass to camp or we're gonna' put the screws to him:

- we'll impose all the fines and he'll basically play for free this year

- then we'll franchise him next year and he still wont' have the security he wants. Seek a trade then if you'd like but league rules state that NE has to get a 1st rounder for a franchised player.

- after that, if he's still healthy and productive, you can go find another team and another deal but know this:we Focking OWN you for the next 2 years if you don't want to get along here. We will learn to live without Deion, Deion would wish he could live without us because we'll be a thorn in his side during what should be his most productive and lucrative years as a pro.

I personally would LOVE to see Branch on the Eagles... he's a reciever that doesn't need to have the rock thrown his way for 40% of the plays, but his talent level 200x's better than anything the Birds have right now... He'd probably be a good fit in that system as well as in that locker room. Only question would be the contract he's seeking... the Birds would never pay him along the lines of Harrison Moss TO or Johnson and I'm hearing he's looking for top 5 money.

:banana:

post of the day! :dunno:

Niners have an incentive deal with the Jets...rumored to be a 4th rounder now, and if Barlow starts it's a 3rd rounder. If he gets 1000 yards (starter or not) it's a 2nd round pick.

Niners should offer that pick to the pats for Branch, then do a trade & sign with him. Good deal for both teams, fills another need on the Niners and builds for the future. Pats get between a 4th and 2nd rounder for him. thoughts? :D

Exactly what I was thinking, we have some extra draft picks to throw at the Pats, maybe offer some young WR as well.

I personally would LOVE to see Branch on the Eagles... he's a reciever that doesn't need to have the rock thrown his way for 40% of the plays, but his talent level 200x's better than anything the Birds have right now... He'd probably be a good fit in that system as well as in that locker room. Only question would be the contract he's seeking... the Birds would never pay him along the lines of Harrison Moss TO or Johnson and I'm hearing he's looking for top 5 money.

look, we'd ALL like to have Branch on our team(s).

But what are you gonna' pay him

AND

what are you gonna' give up to NE for him?

See, not only does Branch now have to work out another contract with another team

But

NE also has to like what they're being given in compensation (trade) for Branch.

There's no way all these chips are gonna' fall into place, especially this late into pre-season.

But, a smart team (maybe even an AFC east rival) would offer Branch top dollar (to "prove" to deion that he's worth Wayne money) but then lowball the compensation (or trade) offer to NE (i.e. offer a 4th rounder).

Branch will love the deal and think he's worth big money but he'll hate NE even more for not allowing the deal.

Exactly what I was thinking, we have some extra draft picks to throw at the Pats, maybe offer some young WR as well.

maybe offer Linebackers? While I dont' think that there will be any deal, I wouldn't just assume that NE wants a WR.

They have some needs at LB and LB is much more important to NE.

I hate to say it, but hopefully Pinkston craps out tonite, shows he's not quite healed from the achilles injury, which forces Reid to trade for Branch.

The Eagles have the perfect fit, the desperate need, the cap room to sign him long term (they were willing to give Walker big bucks), draft picks, and most importantly, the designation of being out of conference.

Why would the Patriots trade a talented guy like Branch to a division foe?

That's just awful if you ask me. Deion is a great guy and a nice person and a superior player. However Deion is about to follow in a long line of players who left the Pats for better contracts only to end up never being as happy or as succesful again.

Tom Brady doesn't need Deion, we can win without him.

Damien Woody - How's it feel to be in Detroit where the Pistons and Red Wings are kings and your team SUX!

Lawyer Milloy - 31-0 to finish the season against hte Pats and now an also ran in Atlanta

Ty Law - will never win again

Ted Washington - He must be loving it on the Raiders

Terry Glenn - HAH!

Soon to be added to the list

Willie McGinest - He was borderline Hall of Fame, his playoff records speak for themselves, he'll never win again and jsut signed on to be the #1 presence when his career is on the stretch run.

David Givens - Yeah you'll win with Vince Young and Ladell Betts as your core. That's a solid team, good coach and great fans,b ut they aren't winning anytime soon.

wait, so who is the pats #1 wr now? Could be the steal of the draft.

Caldwell, Troy Brown, Chad Jackson, Kelvin Kight?

Take you picks!!

That's just awful if you ask me. Deion is a great guy and a nice person and a superior player. However Deion is about to follow in a long line of players who left the Pats for better contracts only to end up never being as happy or as succesful again.

Tom Brady doesn't need Deion, we can win without him.

Damien Woody - How's it feel to be in Detroit where the Pistons and Red Wings are kings and your team SUX!

Lawyer Milloy - 31-0 to finish the season against hte Pats and now an also ran in Atlanta

Ty Law - will never win again

Ted Washington - He must be loving it on the Raiders

Terry Glenn - HAH!

Soon to be added to the list

Willie McGinest - He was borderline Hall of Fame, his playoff records speak for themselves, he'll never win again and jsut signed on to be the #1 presence when his career is on the stretch run.

David Givens - Yeah you'll win with Vince Young and Ladell Betts as your core. That's a solid team, good coach and great fans,b ut they aren't winning anytime soon.

Never being happy again because they're making alot more money?

Sure, winning is great. But let's be real, this is a job to them. Jobs pay money. NFL players make alot of money.

Love of the game, love for your city, that's great. That's the great thing about being a fan. However, not respecting the economics and reality of the business is kinda silly.

:lol:

post of the day! :banana:

Niners should offer that pick to the pats for Branch, then do a trade & sign with him. Good deal for both teams, fills another need on the Niners and builds for the future. Pats get between a 4th and 2nd rounder for him. thoughts? :mad:

LOL that you still believe that. Everything i've read says it's a flat 4th rounder. You hear on the radio from a hometown source that it's contingent and that's gospel. good stuff.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews...ia/15344020.htm

Barlow ripped his former coach Tuesday, two days after Nolan traded the sixth-year running back to the New York Jets for a fourth-round draft pick in 2007.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews...rs/15346961.htm

Barlow made the remarks in an interview with the Contra Costa Times on Tuesday, two days after the 49ers traded him to the New York Jets for a fourth-round draft pick in 2007.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satel...s=1045855934844

Barlow, who was traded from San Francisco to the New York Jets on Sunday for a fourth-round pick, made his inflammatory comments to the Contra Costa Times.

Sure, all these AP sources are hacks, just like John Clayton who also reported it. The homer SF sports radio station that rumored your scenario the day after is the only one that knows the real deal. What's the color of the sky in your world?

He would be a great fit in Jacksonville. :banana:

:mad: why JAX? all your receivers are too tall? you need a short guy to round it out a bit?

LOL that you still believe that. Everything i've read says it's a flat 4th rounder. You hear on the radio from a hometown source that it's contingent and that's gospel. good stuff.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews...ia/15344020.htm

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews...rs/15346961.htm

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satel...s=1045855934844

Sure, all these AP sources are hacks, just like John Clayton who also reported it. The homer SF sports radio station that rumored your scenario the day after is the only one that knows the real deal. What's the color of the sky in your world?

Hey asshat, I heard it once the other day and had yet to hear anything counter it.

Thanks for the clarification - now go fock yourself you worthless pile of sh!t. :thumbsup:

Am I seeing this right? Eagles fans want to pay Branch top 5 money? This guy is not worth top 10 money. He has averaged 700 yards and 3.5 TDs a year, alot of #2 WRs have better numbers than that. Good move by the Pats.

What is with WRs the last few years? More and more are holding out and demanding more money. When will they figure out they are only WRs not QBs or RBs.

Hey asshat, I heard it once the other day and had yet to hear anything counter it.

Thanks for the clarification - now go fock yourself you worthless pile of sh!t. :clap:

Thanks for showing your true classless colors. :thumbsup: .

I posted an article from John Clayton the other day that refuted your claim and you dismissed it because you have homer glasses on all the time and called Clayton a hack. So to say you hadn't heard anything to refute it is a flat out lie. I thought it was funny that you were still spreading false rumors days later when the evidence was clearly mounting that you were wrong. To me that showed you didn't want to hear the truth, especially after your Clayton comments (shown here) Now go home and kick the dog to vent your frustration about your miserable life.

Am I seeing this right? Eagles fans want to pay Branch top 5 money? This guy is not worth top 10 money. He has averaged 700 yards and 3.5 TDs a year, alot of #2 WRs have better numbers than that. Good move by the Pats.

What is with WRs the last few years? More and more are holding out and demanding more money. When will they figure out they are only WRs not QBs or RBs.

No way man... Don't want them to pay him top 5 money... I said they'd never pay him top 5 which is what he wants...

Link to Betts being traded to Tennessee? :banana:

The Globe updated their story.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patr..._on_branch.html

More on Branch

Negotiations regarding a contract extension for wide receiver Deion Branch took an unexpected turn today, with the Patriots allowing Branch to seek a trade. The team is also allowing Branch to negotiate a contract with other teams up to Sept. 1.

Negotiations between the two sides have been dead for some time. Branch is in the final year of a five-year contract he signed as a rookie in 2002, but has held out of training camp. Branch could be fined $14,000 per day, should the Patriots choose to take that course of action.

The breakdown in talks traces to May, when the Patriots attempted to spark negotiations by offering Branch a contract extension through 2009. The offer included a $4 million signing bonus and $4 million option bonus payable in 2007. Branch's base salary for 2006 would be $1.045 million, followed by salaries of $1.4 million in 2007, $4.3 million in 2008, and $4.75 million in 2009. The deal also included workout bonuses of $300,000.

Over the four years of the deal, Branch would be paid just shy of $5 million per year. Assessing only the three years added to the original contract, plus bonus money, Branch would be averaging about $6.25 million per year.

One source said the sides were in different stratospheres at the time.

Branch’s representatives indicated that Branch would report to training camp if the team agreed not to place the franchise tag on Branch after the 2006 season, which would allow him to enter unrestricted free agency.

Earlier this week, Branch spoke with CBS4 and said: “I’m pretty sure everything is going to work out.” He also noted that he’s watched the Patriots’ first two exhibition games and felt the team looked good, but would look better “when and if” he returned.

I'd love the Bills to trade for him but we don't have guys with "character issues" on our team.

Send Josh Reed and a 4th for Branch

:headbanger:

wait, so who is the pats #1 wr now? Could be the steal of the draft.

Caldwell, Troy Brown, Chad Jackson, Kelvin Kight?

Take you picks!!

That's what I'm wondering. News out of camp on Chad Jackson has been pretty impressive. However he's a rookie so I'm sure there will be a learning curve. Currently the DC shows Deion WR1, Caldwell WR2, and Jackson WR3. If Jackson can work himself into that #2 spot he could be a nice sleeper. I haven't watched Caldwell all that much. Is he more of a possession receiver like Branch or a deep threat?

. I haven't watched Caldwell all that much. Is he more of a possession receiver like Branch or a deep threat?

More like deep throat - he blows!!!

New England is screwed if they let him go

Um....ever heard of a guy named Tom Brady, who consistently throws to at least 6 different receivers during the course of any given game?

The Pats will sign Branch to an extension and he will be with the team for the start of the season. IMO he will fire his agent soon, and negotiate something close to what has already been talked about.

How about the Vikes? They are in need of a WR especially with KoRo out of the picture.

That's what I'm wondering. News out of camp on Chad Jackson has been pretty impressive. However he's a rookie so I'm sure there will be a learning curve. Currently the DC shows Deion WR1, Caldwell WR2, and Jackson WR3. If Jackson can work himself into that #2 spot he could be a nice sleeper. I haven't watched Caldwell all that much. Is he more of a possession receiver like Branch or a deep threat?

couple of things here:

1. Chad Jackson, to my knowledge, hasn't looked good or bad in camp... as he hasn't been in camp much at all. Jackson's been nursing a hammy pull.

2. Reche Caldwell is more of a deep threat type WR; but he not really a blazing speedster. It's just that he's more of a go-route type guy than a posession type guy. Also worth mentioning that he hasn't shown the greatest hands so far. Certainly he can help the team, but relying on him to be a cornerstone of the offense is reaching.

3. Troy Brown. My guess is that he'll be Brady's #1 WR target at least to start the season. Brown is there, he runs great routes, he's reliable, he's smart, he's got great hands. The only problem is he's old &small and he probably won't/can't hold up for a full season of hits.

Right now, T Brown is worth a flier as a late round fantasy WR.

Thanks for showing your true classless colors. :thumbsdown: .

I posted an article from John Clayton the other day that refuted your claim and you dismissed it because you have homer glasses on all the time and called Clayton a hack.

I simply posted what I'd heard on the radio.

I see you posted the link, but like the trolling asshat you are, you lie about the content.

Here's exactly what I said:

posted by scooter

It is - plus incentives.

Clayton doesn't know sh!t, and nothing he reports is accurate. He comes off like a knowitall and there have been many instances of him saying something definitive, then getting ripped to shreds on this forum for being wrong.

Time will tell, but I'm not going to buy it until it's official. IMO KNBR has more cred than Clayton.

Imagine that - what I posted was within minutes of the article being released and hearing it on the radio. I admitted that it wasn't finalized and while I don't care much for your man-crush Clayton, I stated pretty clearly that I didn't in fact know because the details hadn't been released.

But way to hold a grudge like a 12 year old girl.

Now then you pile of sh!t, who's that showing their true colors? :wall: Why, looks like you, moron. Now go troll for someone else. Maybe come on back when you actually have something to contribute to this forum...oh, guess we'll never see you if you wait for that. :rolleyes: