Sign in to follow this  
theplaymaker

Ask The Playmaker

Need a FLEX player - any position in a 10 team league, 1 pt / 10 yds RB, WR, TE, 1pt / 30 yds QB pass.

Currently have Carr and Chris Brown there, but not happy with that.

Batch, Collins, Frey, Losman, Heap, Gabriel, and bunch of others are out there...

SHould I stick with Carr?

Thanks.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=228464 plz see mine, thanks.

or if you don't do links for this.

who do i start at wr? pick 2

djax, coles, kennison, evans, d. bennett, mark clayton, michael clayton.

Jackson is iffy right now so I wouldn't be suprised if he doesn't play or is limited in week 1. Especially since Engram has shined in training camp and earned Hasselbeck's trust.

Word from the Bills camp is that Evans has earned the confidence of the team to take over the number 1 spot, they will feature him in the passing attack so he has a very good chance of scoring.

Kennison is still the go to guy in Kansas City and should be steady as usual but don't expect spectacular numbers.

Drew Bennett should be downgraded for the time being until they get the QB situation settled. Volek is hardly a reliable QB and V Young and Collins are not ready yet. I go Bennett too and I'm looking to drop him if he struggles early.

Mark Clayton has lots of upside but with Mason getting the red zone looks from McNair I would wait.

Go with Evans and Kennison.

Need a FLEX player - any position in a 10 team league, 1 pt / 10 yds RB, WR, TE, 1pt / 30 yds QB pass.

Currently have Carr and Chris Brown there, but not happy with that.

Batch, Collins, Frey, Losman, Heap, Gabriel, and bunch of others are out there...

SHould I stick with Carr?

Thanks.

Carr looks like a good option.

Who should I start?

Culpepper vs Pitt or Brees vs Cleveland

Also

Need to start two.

C. Williams vs Bal or W.McGahee vs NE or F. Gore vs AZ or C. Taylor vs Washington

Thanks

Who should I start?

Culpepper vs Pitt or Brees vs Cleveland

Also

Need to start two.

C. Williams vs Bal or W.McGahee vs NE or F. Gore vs AZ or C. Taylor vs Washington

Thanks

Your QB's are really a toss up. Both are on new teams and both are coming back from injury. Both are playing away. Cullpepper has looked better so far but Chambers has thumb problems so he may be iffy even if he plays. Brees has been mediocre but has the better matchup. I like Cullpepper but really an argument could be made for either one.

For your RB Williams and McGahee are the picks. Always go with your best players if for no other reason. Gore looks better than Barlow but remember he's in SF. Taylor is averaging less than 2yds per carry with his new team and that's a little concerning.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=228640

Just made my 1st post and would like some advice playmaker. Thanks!

You have pretty good options. Lewis, Taylor are sure fire starts. Rhodes has upside but the issue of when and how many carries Addai will get makes him a slight downgrade. Clayton could be in for a banner year but with Galloway still holding court and now Boston in the mix it is still in the air.

I would go with Lewis and Rhodes although it would be nice to play Taylor now while he's healthy because at some point he will be unusable.

Pick two! Thanks Bud!

Driver vs. Chicago

Lundy vs. Philly

Taylor vs. Dallas

Taylor for sure.

Driver has been demoted and Lundy is unproven. Take your pick.

Whenever choosing between a rook and a vet, the vet is the safer choice.

I have to trade or cut one of these to make room for a WR

Ronnie Brown-------No I am keeping this one

Cadillac--------------No I am keeping this one

J Addai

F Gore

D Williams

M Bell

Which one should I get rid of?

I am leaning toward Addai

If I had to let go one of them it would be D Williams with Addai second. Mike Bell has given Shanahan enough confidence to let go of Ron Dayne. Tatum Bell make the situation iffy but the word from Denver is that Shanahan felt that Tatum Bell was given enough chance to prove himself and failed. That's when Mike Anderson came in for platoon duty. So far Tatum Bell is the only guy not named the starter in Denver so there is no reason to believe that the report is not true. Although this last press release has to do with Tatum Bell handling the demotion well. Basically shutting up and being a team player and has won points with Shanahan. At this point nobody know, Cedric Cobbs could come out and start this week, but IF Bell is or becomes the starter then he would be more valuable then Williams and Addai. The Broncos run the ball, that is who they are. All three are rookies but I would pick any back starting for Shanahan any day of the week.

Have to start 2 of Clinton Portis, Javon Walker, and Deuce McAllister - Leaning towards Portis and then who?

Don't start Portis. He is hurt. He did not practice today. He might be the biggest bust of the year.

How about my question:

I know it might sound like a stupid question, but I am really in a quandary over starting Eli Manning or Kurt Warner. I mean, Kurt isn't all that but he has Fitzgerald, Boldin and James against the 49ers defense, at home!! Honestly, how can he lose?

Also, I wonder how Eli will do against big brother in his house on turf against the Colts Defense. I'm thinking he might choke.

The computer on CBS sportsline says Eli has the advantage but I don't know. I welcome your feedback.

Thanks,

Daniel

hey ive got a bit of an issue

have to start 4 wrs... and i think id be set but im iffy on D jackson

gotta pick four...

ward, d jackson, horn, glenn, d gabriel, a bryant, j jurevicious

and while im at it why not ask bout rbs....

bush over addai and lundy is ok right?

thanks!

I GIVE UP: CHRIS BROWN,MARTY BOOKER,SANTANIO HOLMES, BEN TROUPE

I GET: JEVON WALKER, JEREMY SHOCKEY, AND JJ ARINGTON.

16 TEAM LEAGUE

MY TEAM AFTER TRADE WOULD LOOK LIKE THIS:

QB- PLUMMER

RB-TIKI AND ANDERSON ARRINGTON AND I WOULD HOPEFULLY PICKUP MUSA OR COBBS OFF OF WAIVERS

WR- HOLT, LEE EVANS, JEVON, SAMMIE

TE- SHOCKEY AND VERON DAVIS.

If you could choose one of these rbs who would you want on your fantasy football team. TD/Yardage league

PPR as well

Tiki, S Jackson or R Brown Who has the biggest impact this year

Thanks

How about my question:

I know it might sound like a stupid question, but I am really in a quandary over starting Eli Manning or Kurt Warner. I mean, Kurt isn't all that but he has Fitzgerald, Boldin and James against the 49ers defense, at home!! Honestly, how can he lose?

Also, I wonder how Eli will do against big brother in his house on turf against the Colts Defense. I'm thinking he might choke.

The computer on CBS sportsline says Eli has the advantage but I don't know. I welcome your feedback.

Thanks,

Daniel

That is solid reasoning. Warner threw the most 300 yd games last year and he is playing SF. Nuff said.

If you could choose one of these rbs who would you want on your fantasy football team. TD/Yardage league

PPR as well

Tiki, S Jackson or R Brown Who has the biggest impact this year

Thanks

All three are solid choices. Tiki being the safest and Ronnie Brown second. With that said if it were up to me I like Jackson. He is terror in open field and he could be a monster this year with the reins unleashed. New couch makes him a slight downgrade but heck fantasy football wouldn't be fun if you couldn't play the guys you like. All three are approximately equal so go with your prefence and don't look back. Word of caution on Tiki, word from the coach is that Jacobs has matured as a runner and is doing a better job if finding the crease. Transaltion: Expect him to get more than the 8 TD's he had last year which means less TD's for Tiki on the horizon.

Standard Yahoo scoring league

QB: Palmer @ KC

RB: Tiki vs. Indy

RB: Rudi @ KC

WR: T. Glenn @ Jax

WR: D. Stallworth @ Houston

WR: J. Walker @ STL

TE: H. Miller

K: Akers

DEF: Carolina

Rest of my bench players are listed below....Is there anyone else I should consider starting this week? Thanks!

Standard Yahoo scoring league

QB: Palmer @ KC

RB: Tiki vs. Indy

RB: Rudi @ KC

WR: T. Glenn @ Jax

WR: D. Stallworth @ Houston

WR: J. Walker @ STL

TE: H. Miller

K: Akers

DEF: Carolina

Rest of my bench players are listed below....Is there anyone else I should consider starting this week? Thanks!

Lineup looks good. The only real choice is Deuce over Rudi. I would go with Rudi. Going with your best players no matter what the matchup is never a bad option.

okay, I have an interesting question and figure I could use an opinion.

we start 2 RB's.

Standard fantasy scoring.

my first RB is Tomlinson who is a must start every week.

my other RBs:

Julius Jones Vs Jacksonville (ouch)

Reggie Bush Vs Cleveland

Kevin Barlow Vs Tennessee.

Julius Jones is my #2, but against such a physical defense, I'm not sure he'll have a great game against them, so I thought it may be worth my while to look into playing the matchup instead.

Reggie Bush plays what was a very weak team against the run last season in Cleveland.

I know Cleveland acquired Ted Washington to help the run, and I think he will do the job, but, I feel this will only close up the inside running game. I would expect bush to use his speed to run wide on them or take dump off passes to burn them in the secondary.

I know hes a rookie and this is a bit of a risk, but I'm considering this option based on who they are playing.

Barlow also remains an option against another weak defense in Tennessee, but I think he is by far an inferior talent to bush and Jones.

so if you have good advice, I'd like to hear it.

Thank oyu for taking the time to help! I am having a little trouble deciding who to start in my flex.

6 pts/TD, 1 pt/10 yds, .5 pt/reception.

Deuce is facing the Browns, in Cleveland. The Browns have a better defense than people realize, particularly against the run. Deuce will be splitting carries, but he'll get the ones at the stripe. Possibly still a bit gimpy, but had some nice moments in preseason, FWIW.

Fred Taylor is fully healthy, has no goal line vulture now that Jones is down, but he's facing the Dallas defense, which is pretty stout. The game is in Jacksonville.

Michael Clayton could be a nice comeback player this year, but there hasn't been much info out there on him. He's facing the Baltimore defense however, so it would seem like he's not a good choice either.

Thanks again.

I have not seen any other league that runs like this, Has anyone else ever seen or been in anything like this? Does anyone really like or dislike this set up???

I am the commish of a keeper league, every year we keep, 3- players with 1 yr or 13 + yrs, 2- players with 2 yrs, 3- players with 3-12 yrs. 1 kicker and 1 Def/Sptms.

Drafted last nite, had 9th pick... 26 man roster, picked 16....

Qb Jake Plummer 5th... Qb jon kitna 9th.... Qb Byron Leftwich 11th....

Rb Ronnie Brown Keeper.... Rb Rudi Johnson Keeper.... Rb Clinton Potis Keeper.... Rb Laurence Maroney 1st.... Rb T.J. Ducket 3rd... Rb Mike Robinson 7th.... Rb Lee Suggs 8th.... Rb Kenney Watson 13 th...

Wr/ Te's are combined...

Wr Mark Bradley keeper... Wr Ernest Wilford Keeper.... Wr Roy Williams Keeper.... Wr Mike Williams Keeper... Te Antonio Gates Keeper... Wr Donald Driver 2nd... Wr Greg Jennings 4th.... Wr Antonio Bryant 6th .... Wr Ashley Lelie 10th... Wr Eddie Drummond 14th .... Wr Hank Basket 16th...

K John Carney Keeper... K Sabastian Janikowski 15 th....

Def. Atlanta Keeper... Pitsburgh 12 th....

So ??? How well do you think my team will do? Did I do good getting my rookis wich are underlined? And how do you like this set up for running a Keeper League???

Being that the set-up for your league is so unique I can't really make an accurate assesment of your situation. When giving advice, I am a whiz at traditional or performance scoring re-draft or keeper set up. Sorry.

Team in sig.

Start 2 RB? I'd normally go R. Brown and C. Taylor but the funky FFT projections have me wondering.

Start 2 WR? Going with Holt and Smith for now.. any reason not to?

Thank oyu for taking the time to help! I am having a little trouble deciding who to start in my flex.

6 pts/TD, 1 pt/10 yds, .5 pt/reception.

Deuce is facing the Browns, in Cleveland. The Browns have a better defense than people realize, particularly against the run. Deuce will be splitting carries, but he'll get the ones at the stripe. Possibly still a bit gimpy, but had some nice moments in preseason, FWIW.

Fred Taylor is fully healthy, has no goal line vulture now that Jones is down, but he's facing the Dallas defense, which is pretty stout. The game is in Jacksonville.

Michael Clayton could be a nice comeback player this year, but there hasn't been much info out there on him. He's facing the Baltimore defense however, so it would seem like he's not a good choice either.

Thanks again.

You have some good options for flex. The question of Bush diminishing McCallister's value of course is a concern but he has quietly had a good preseason and it's a long shot that Bush would make much of an impact in his first pro game of his life. He will also lwill earn that running side to side doesn't work in the pros.

Taylor also would be a good option since he is the main guy again but remember that he wasn't named the featured back until Jones went down so that shows the lack of confidence the coaching staff had in him.

Clayyton is in a make or break situation and it's time he delivered. Tons of upside and a maturing offense are pluses. But there were two WR's in the Bucs camp that Gruden has really praised and they were David Boston and the rook Maurice Stovall from Notre Dame. I would wait to see how things play out down there before starting Clayton. Besides, Galloway is still the man in Tampa.

Go with Deuce.

okay, I have an interesting question and figure I could use an opinion.

we start 2 RB's.

Standard fantasy scoring.

my first RB is Tomlinson who is a must start every week.

my other RBs:

Julius Jones Vs Jacksonville (ouch)

Reggie Bush Vs Cleveland

Kevin Barlow Vs Tennessee.

Julius Jones is my #2, but against such a physical defense, I'm not sure he'll have a great game against them, so I thought it may be worth my while to look into playing the matchup instead.

Reggie Bush plays what was a very weak team against the run last season in Cleveland.

I know Cleveland acquired Ted Washington to help the run, and I think he will do the job, but, I feel this will only close up the inside running game. I would expect bush to use his speed to run wide on them or take dump off passes to burn them in the secondary.

I know hes a rookie and this is a bit of a risk, but I'm considering this option based on who they are playing.

Barlow also remains an option against another weak defense in Tennessee, but I think he is by far an inferior talent to bush and Jones.

so if you have good advice, I'd like to hear it.

So what's the verdict playmaker?

Team in sig.

Start 2 RB? I'd normally go R. Brown and C. Taylor but the funky FFT projections have me wondering.

Start 2 WR? Going with Holt and Smith for now.. any reason not to?

The first game of the season is probably the easiest lineup to make, just go with your best guys. In fact, it's not a bad strategy in any week. Brown and Taylor are soild starts, Taylor has averaged less than 2 yds per carry through the preseason so there is concern but that doesn't mean not to start him. You didn't take him in the third round for nothing.

Holt in a differnt story. The fact that they did a MRI on his chest after giving an all clear on his injury means it's worse than they let on. He came off the injury report so it looks like a go this week but he may be limited if he plays. One thing to remember is that the Rams racked up 400+ yds in offense last year against Denver and this time they are playing at home on turf. Start him.

Need to pick one: D Mason @ Tampa Bay or Reggie Brown vs Houston. What do you think?

Mason. Hands down. McNair loves him and he loves McNair. When Mason he had a career year and was one of the top 5 WR's in fantasy was when he had McNair throwing to him. Throughout the preseason Mason has had all the red zone looks from McNair. He has a good chance to be a top five wideout again this season. Heck I took him on 8 out of 10 team I have.