Sign in to follow this  
bauman88

Team Improvements?

I am 3-3 right now in a ppr league where all catches are .2 pts. Rushing/Receiving yards are 1 pt per 20 yards. 50 yards passing are 1 pt, passing TDs - 4 points and all other TDs are 6. We start 1 Qb, 2 Rb, 3 Wr, Te, K, Def and IDP. 10 teams.

Here is my team

QB

Kitna

Leinart

RB

C. Taylor

F. Gore

L. Jordan

T. Jones

WR

S Smith

Roy Williams

J. Walker

B. Berrian

L. Evans

TE

Colston

McMichael

K

Wilkins

Def

SD

What should I do to improve?

Thanks and I will answer

U r good at WR but u r struggling little at QB. kitna is not consistant. leinhert still worries me little. and ur RB are alright. u can try to combine wr with QB to get better qb but I don't think u will get one since there are not that many good QB this year. I would try to combine ur WR berrien or evans with taylor to get a stud RB. see if anyone need WR help. keep smith.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=245720

Surely you could get a better qb either by trade or through free agency. Although Oakland is terrible against the run the Raiders play the pass pretty good so you could use him this week. I would look at other matchups and set your lineup accordingly.

I'd probably try to package 2 or 3 players to work a deal for a top RB. Players I would look to possibly trade are Walker, Berrian, Evans (Steve and Roy can carry you at WR), Gore, Jordan, Jones. I'd look to maybe trade for Alexander, S-Jax, Rudi, Portis. My 1st offer would probably be Gore and Berrian for Alexander.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=245867

You need to upgrade at RB for sure. Lamont just will not be there long-term and Thomas Jones is always a worry. Gore and Taylor look to be good #1 and 2 throughout, but I'd try to ship Thomas and Lamont for a better RB. Maybe a R. Brown or someone who at least will be there throughout the season getting most of the carries. Perhaps you could ship say Jones/Berrian and get something a little more consistent for #3 RB.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=245859

I would package up a WR (not Smith or Williams) with a RB for a top tier RB and wish for the best out of Leinart. I think he looks very poised and confident and has plenty of weapons to toss too.

Thanks for mine!

Offer C. Taylor & R. Williams for L. Johnson. I he goes for it, your good to go. I like your QB's. I have Lienart and will continue to start him because of the schedule he has the next few weeks. Thanks for the help on mine.

Your team looks pretty solid except for your RB situation. First of all, if you do anything to your QB's, I'd stick with Kitna. His schedule, especially in the playoffs, is easy. If I were you, I'd really focus hard on trading a couple RB's for Tatum Bell. A lot of people are under rating him immensely. You might be able to get a pretty good deal for him.

A good QB or RB are what I would go for. Leinart could sell high right now.

Alexander I believe is worth the risk, TJones and Evans I think you could afford to give up, I think I'd keep Taylor over Jones.

Thanks for mine

I think you will be fine with Leinart at QB and Kitna as the backup. It would be good if you could package one of your RB and WR for a stud RB that is struggling such as Rudi or Cadillac.

You need better quality at RB, my friend. WRs are very deep. Trade a top notch WR (Roy Williams, Colston) ande pick up another solid RB. No problems with your QBs. Leinhart has shown me a lot so far.

I would definitely upgrade at QB. Although Leinart could help you a little as he progresses. Move a receiver or two to get a primetime QB. If you cant do that, i agree with the other posts, try for a solid #1 runningback.

I disagree about your QB's. I think both, being on bad teams are going to get alot of fantasy points. Look what Leinart did v Bears and that is w/o Fitz. The only way Detroit moves the ball is through the air and their schedule is pretty good.

I think your RB's are weak. Jordan is nothing. I worry that Gore may fizzle. I have T. Jones and he really has not done much.

Trade one of your recievers to upgrade at RB. I saw the Alexander proposal. He has already been out longer than they originally planned. Something may be worse than they are letting on. I would not pick him up at this point since you don't know when he will play and how good he'll be. Right now Taylor is better than him on a team that will need to score alot since their D just got weaker with injuries.

Remember, he wasn't doing much before his injury. Beware the Madden curse.

I am 3-3 right now in a ppr league where all catches are .2 pts. Rushing/Receiving yards are 1 pt per 20 yards. 50 yards passing are 1 pt, passing TDs - 4 points and all other TDs are 6. We start 1 Qb, 2 Rb, 3 Wr, Te, K, Def and IDP. 10 teams.

Here is my team

QB

Kitna

Leinart

RB

C. Taylor

F. Gore

L. Jordan

T. Jones

WR

S Smith

Roy Williams

J. Walker

B. Berrian

L. Evans

TE

Colston

McMichael

K

Wilkins

Def

SD

What should I do to improve?

Thanks and I will answer

I think you need to trade one of your outstanding WR for a better QB, Even if you traded Williams or Walker you should be able to land a solid QB

Otherwise I think you are good, RB and TE looks good

i really dont see much weakness in your team.... cept for QB

RB - decent with good depth

WR - solid solid

TE - colston is legit

K and DEf, one of the top best

If you can, try to get a top tier QB, does not have to be Mcnabb or manning type, but a brees type

Your QB situation is iffy. Sure Kitna is a top 5 QB as of now, but I don't see it lasting. I would try and package one of your WR's and Leinart for a QB.

With SA not playing well preinjury and the fact that this injury is lingering, I'm not really high on trading 2 rb's for him right now. I think Chester and Gore are both solid RB2's but you could really use an upgrade there. With your scoring favoring td's over yardage, and Chester's aversion to the endzone so far this season, I'd be tempted to package him with someone for the upgrade. I just don't like the idea of trading him or anyone else you can actually use for SA right now.

I might be inclined to get a better QB. Use all of your depth at rb to aquire a safer pick at QB, as I think that both of your QBs could be hot and cold.

Definitely package a WR and a QB for a better QB.

Who do the WR weak teams in your league have at QB? I like the idea of getting Brees, whose team is playing well and who has both a WR/RB TD threat through the air.

I have been offered Alexander for Jones and Taylor. Should I do it?

Thanks

Yes.

Also, I wouldn't be so in a hurry to trade for a QB. Leinart is only continue to get better, and once Fitzgerald returns, fuggedaboutit! Good luck and thanks for mine..

I would take the trade for brees. Then I would package Kitna and Berrian and maybe Jordan to get a solid RB. Check the free agents to fill in the empty spots.

I think qb is your bigegst weakness, but I would try to trade a wr & rb for an uprgade at rb. I'd find a team thin at receiver see what Javon Walker & T.Jones or Gore could get you.

Thanks for mine

I dont think your qb is too bad. I would try to get a top RB, but I wouldnt do the trade for SA. He may never come back this year, or be right.

Unless you get offered something you cant pass up, you may want to ride your team, it looks pretty good.

I would package up a WR (not Smith or Williams) with a RB for a top tier RB and wish for the best out of Leinart. I think he looks very poised and confident and has plenty of weapons to toss too.

Thanks for mine!

Take a WR (not Smith or Williams) and couple him with a RB like TJones and get a better Rb.

I think you can ride the Leinert/Kitna QBBC and do fine there.

Your WR's are quite nice!

Your QB's are not as solid

I agree with TonyB1972. I think tha tyou have a pretty solid team. You can improve (as many others have said) at RB...try to package maybe 2 good WRs for a top RB or a Top WR and one of your RBs for a top RB...those are some suggestions. But I wouoldn't jump too quickly at some of the offers....ie, i wouold not go for the SA trade. Who knows how he will be when he comes back....

THanks for mine...I hope this helps a little!

I agree with Melvinbet. I think you should play the matchups with Kitna and Leinart. Then I would package a WR and RB for a stud RB. Smith and Williams are great, and you already have a good #2 RB. Maybe Berrian and Taylor or Gore for a top notch RB. Colson at TE is a dream and your DST is solid too. Kitna will be fine (throws a lot) and Leinart looks like the real deal. Just try and find a RB thats had his bye and roll with it.

Thanks for your advice and GL.