Sign in to follow this  
beefy1

***Official College Football Wagering Thread*** 11/7

WTF? Cancel the fvcking game. Nobody can see sh!t!

I'm so pissed at Olympic right now for pulling the in-game total so I can't even attempt to get some money back for this debacle!!!

The Mystery Machine just arrived on the scene to try and find the Wide Receiver who went deep and dissappeared under the field somewhere near the endzone.....

Nothing those pesky kids cant solve...

NIU -3 +110....thats tempting to take. This game should be all running from this point which should favor NIU. Garrett Wolfe will probably show up in the 2nd half and Toledo cant kick field goals....

hmmm....

uhhh...forget it

It's official: I was simply not meant to win money for long periods of time. Period.

Yeah, I can hold onto big winnings for a few days, but I only have 24-48 hours before I have to give it back.

Well considering Toledo....who sucks......just ran right up the middle like 37 straight plays and NIU couldnt stop them.....i dunno if id do anything else on this game.

Oh...who am i kidding.....ill throw some money one way or the other on the 2nd half.

Probably whatever the under is.

They just announced that a Miami player was shot and killed.....the line on the game went from Maryland -2.5 to -3. I thought about taking it myself.....but man, hard to come up off of something that dark.... :blink:

They just announced that a Miami player was shot and killed.....the line on the game went from Maryland -2.5 to -3. I thought about taking it myself.....but man, hard to come up off of something that dark.... :blink:

Bad karma man. Let it slide.

Bad karma man. Let it slide.

I side with you...I am a believer.

2nd half:

NIU -7 24

Seems like a good under, but if there is throwing there could be a sh!tload of PI calls.....

NIU TEAM TOTAL 14.5?? That seems like too many?

Guest SheVegas

I take it back...it is up now...sorry GR

I side with you...I am a believer.

2nd half:

NIU -7 24

Seems like a good under, but if there is throwing there could be a sh!tload of PI calls.....

NIU TEAM TOTAL 14.5?? That seems like too many?

Im jumping all over the 24.....under

Wolfe has some sort of injury...he's playing half two...but he must have something that is slowing him down

:thumbsdown:

Wolfe has some sort of injury...he's playing half two...but he must have something that is slowing him down

Yeah...im thinkin that team total of 14.5 is too many there. I may just layoff and call it a day.

Good Luck guys!!

I took the under 24 (-115) but something seems awfully fishy. Even though we saw 10 points in the final minutes of the first half, that Toledo drive took almost 8 minutes. With the fog as thick as it is, the line should be around 17.5.

My guess is the books can't afford to give too much leverage to middlers. Since the game total was 53-54, they can't give too much leeway.

Anyone know why Pittsburgh is getting -4 against New Orleans this sunday??

I'm still trying to figure out if Louisville -6 is a trap! :wall:

I'm still trying to figure out if Louisville -6 is a trap! :wall:

Good point.....

I think UL pounds Rutgers....but thats me.

Cyc- Becarefull on the game....If that drops to 3 for Pitt...I am all on it.....That has sucker written all over it.

Oh yeah im not on it yet....i just thought it was odd they were getting the points.

Guest SheVegas

I think NI has fog in their heads...they can't catch a pass.

Live in-game betting once again made things interesting. But I'm really starting to buy this "college football is fixed" thing after tonight. How do you work your way down to the 2 yard line with all four downs and plenty of time on the clock and don't punch it in?

Easily lost N. Ill -11.

Ended up grabbing Toledo -3.5 (EVEN) - Sad that I had to wait that long especially since the line was like +17.5 (+110) after the first NI TD.

Grabbed Under 24 for a decent amount at halftime (THANKFULLY!)

After the NI field goal, I did what I do best: I panicked. And grabbed NI +3.5 (+120). So now, all I needed was the game to end, and I break even after starting the night with a big loss.

But nooooooooooo....Olympic just had to put up NI to win (+240). So naturally, greed took over and I grabbed it. So the excitement brimmed when NI worked all the way down to the 2 yard line. I should have known better that you could only fight fate for so long.

Ended the night down only a few bucks. Can't leave well enough alone so I'm waiting for the Laker game to go to halftime so I can play something (likely the over).

Yeah, yeah, I know. I hope the bed is comfy in my GA rehab dorm.

I won some ok $$ with the under 54...and the 2nd half under 24.

Missed the NIU -13

Made up for it with Pacers game as they covered nicely.....thanks to Philly or whoever it was that posted some NBA games. I think they were all winners.

I won some ok $$ with the under 54...and the 2nd half under 24.

Missed the NIU -13

Made up for it with Pacers game as they covered nicely.....thanks to Philly or whoever it was that posted some NBA games. I think they were all winners.

Good. Give me something good for the 2nd half of this Laker game.

Good. Give me something good for the 2nd half of this Laker game.

Hah....im way too new at this to be running any advice.

The only one im still sticking with is whoever my beloved Iowa State plays....bet that the other team will cover. This team has folded the tent badly. This week CU is -8 faves....they should cruise past that.

Ill play the NBA 2nd half when it pops up...

LAL 51

Minn 45

2nd half

98.5 points O/U

LAL -3

What do you think?

Ok fvck it...im playing LAL to cover the -2.5 now

Hah....im way too new at this to be running any advice.

The only one im still sticking with is whoever my beloved Iowa State plays....bet that the other team will cover. This team has folded the tent badly. This week CU is -8 faves....they should cruise past that.

Ill play the NBA 2nd half when it pops up...

LAL 51

Minn 45

2nd half

98.5 points O/U

LAL -3

What do you think?

Ok fvck it...im playing LAL to cover the -2.5 now

I'm a square, so I took the square bet:

2H Over 98.5

I hate the Lakers (actually, I just hate KobMe), but best of luck!

:bandana:

I'm a square, so I took the square bet:

2H Over 98.5

I hate the Lakers (actually, I just hate KobMe), but best of luck!

:bandana:

you too fellow degenerate. :banana:

Sharing my early plays as always. Good luck for those who I sway, but you'll all probably do better with other people's picks as these are my gut plays. I'm considering making Colorado a much bigger play later in week once I do some more research.

Navy -12.5 2 units

Houston -5 2 units

Louisville -6.5 2 units

Wyoming +19 2 units

Purdue ML 2 units

Colorado State +14 2 units

Minnesota U -2 2 units

NCAAF YTD: 110-70-2

+56.09 units

College/Pro YTD - (+41.4 units)

G Tech -13.5 @ North Carolina----------11am

V Tech -26.5 vs Kent St-------------------2:30pm

LSU -16.5 vs Alabama---------------------6:45pm :cry:

South Carolina +13 @ Florida-------------2:30pm B)

Cal -13 @ Arizona--------------------------2:30pm :D

Notre Dame -11.5 @ Air Force--------3pm ;)

Texas Tech +9 @ Oklahoma---------6 pm :P

Minnesota -1.5 @ Michigan St.--------11am

Texas -17 @ K State-------------------7pm

I usually never tease games but getting Notre Dame at -5.5 and LSU at 10.5 is too good to be true. I'm not sure exactly which games I'm going to parlay with each other but I'll be putting something on each one of them.

Ditka, Yer Mom, philly:

Can you see any way that Louisville doesn't win tomorrow night by a TD or more? I'm ready to throw a ton on L'ville at -6 or better but it doesn't sit right with me that the line is that low. We saw what Louisville did against quality competition last week vs. W. Virginia. Has Rutgers beaten anyone of importance during this admittedly impressive streak?

Not ripping on the Rutgers fans. You have tons to be proud of. Just checking out the betting angle on this one and if I can get an edge by betting early (needmoremoney already took it at -6.5; I saw -6 but was too engrossed in my silly N. Ill-Toledo wagers).

Ditka, Yer Mom, philly:

Can you see any way that Louisville doesn't win tomorrow night by a TD or more? I'm ready to throw a ton on L'ville at -6 or better but it doesn't sit right with me that the line is that low. We saw what Louisville did against quality competition last week vs. W. Virginia. Has Rutgers beaten anyone of importance during this admittedly impressive streak?

Not ripping on the Rutgers fans. You have tons to be proud of. Just checking out the betting angle on this one and if I can get an edge by betting early (needmoremoney already took it at -6.5; I saw -6 but was too engrossed in my silly N. Ill-Toledo wagers).

A couple of thoughts, as I am not a believer in Rutgers this year, which is weird since I played them quite a bit last year, but...

Louisville is only 3-7 ATS last 10 away. Huge let down factor off revenge win over West Virginia. Rutgers one of the top statistical defenses in the country. Louisville struggled big time vs Kansas St and Syracuse in recent road games, before pulling away in the fourth quarter. Louisville had trouble moving the ball recently vs Cincinnati at home. It was the West Virginia game that produced an offensive explosion, which is more of an anomoly, since Louisville has been having trouble converting red zone chances in to TDs rather than FG attempts.

Rutgers is a team that might be as good as West Virginia. However, Rutgers RB Rice has a bad ankle, and may not be 100% for this game. And he is the key to the game, as their biggest offensive weapons, since the Rutgers QB is not very good. Rutgers has the speed to match up with Louisville, and the defense, but I don't know how many points they will score. Rutgers has wins over Pitt, So Florida, and Navy. All road games, and all three teams are 6-3, all teams that are going to bowls this year. Rutgers also shut down Ohio U and Illinois at home, which are two teams that have been improving as the season has been going along, with Ohio U in the MAC title hunt.

With the letdown in effect for Louisville, initially, I like the under in this game. But that's tomorrow, and I have plenty of time to make some decisions.

A couple of thoughts, as I am not a believer in Rutgers this year, which is weird since I played them quite a bit last year, but...

Louisville is only 3-7 ATS last 10 away. Huge let down factor off revenge win over West Virginia. Rutgers one of the top statistical defenses in the country. Louisville struggled big time vs Kansas St and Syracuse in recent road games, before pulling away in the fourth quarter. Louisville had trouble moving the ball recently vs Cincinnati at home. It was the West Virginia game that produced an offensive explosion, which is more of an anomoly, since Louisville has been having trouble converting red zone chances in to TDs rather than FG attempts.

Rutgers is a team that might be as good as West Virginia. However, Rutgers RB Rice has a bad ankle, and may not be 100% for this game. And he is the key to the game, as their biggest offensive weapons, since the Rutgers QB is not very good. Rutgers has the speed to match up with Louisville, and the defense, but I don't know how many points they will score. Rutgers has wins over Pitt, So Florida, and Navy. All road games, and all three teams are 6-3, all teams that are going to bowls this year. Rutgers also shut down Ohio U and Illinois at home, which are two teams that have been improving as the season has been going along, with Ohio U in the MAC title hunt.

With the letdown in effect for Louisville, initially, I like the under in this game. But that's tomorrow, and I have plenty of time to make some decisions.

Thanks for the analysis philly. What's the total as of now? East Coast getting hit with some pretty bad storms, so it might make the number drop even more over the next 36 hours.

Thanks for the analysis philly. What's the total as of now? East Coast getting hit with some pretty bad storms, so it might make the number drop even more over the next 36 hours.

I thought it was around 51.5 last night, if memory serves me right.

Tread carefully with these weekday games, but I think you already know that. I know I used to do well with them, consistently. The last month or so, there have been some strange games, to the point where I don't want to play them for anything other than a small bet.

Tread carefully with these weekday games, but I think you already know that. I know I used to do well with them, consistently. The last month or so, there have been some strange games, to the point where I don't want to play them for anything other than a small bet.

Gentleman:

The total, depending on your book, is ranging anywhere from 51 to 52. I tend to like the under in this spot. I think both team's defenses are better than people think; both are very fast on D. Also, the public appears to be pounding the over (the last I saw it was about 85% on the over) since they saw the offensive show that Louisville put on last week. In my eyes there is a huge difference between the WVU defense and Rutgers D.

I hate to say it, but I am opposite you on the side. I was able to get Rutgers +7 and jumped on it. This could be a little bit of a let down game for UL and this is, by far, the biggest game in Rutgers' recent history. That, coupled with a well coached team with 10 days of rest and the fact that the public loves Louisville has me liking Rutgers.

Ditka, Yer Mom, philly:

My .02

Theres no chance I would take Louisville aside from the points Philly made above. Huge emotional win last week for Louisville now going on the road to a team that plays great D and runs the ball well, thats a recipe for a close game or even a loss. Also, keep in mind that if Slaton doesnt fumble that ball in the red zone and Louisville didnt get that kick return for a TD, they could have lost the game outright or at the very least they may have only won by a field goal!

No need to put a ton of stock into what I am saying...but my play is Rutgers without question. Im hoping the line gets to +7, or I may just buy the half a point since the line is at 6.5 right now...

Good Luck!! ;)

For what its worth......

Colorado is favored by -8.5 and id pound that.

ISU i firing the head coach today and the teams has basically folded the tent weeks ago. They havent covered a spread in probably 5 games at least.

I know CU is terrible....but even they can cover this damn spread.

For what its worth......

ISU i firing the head coach today and the teams has basically folded the tent weeks ago. They havent covered a spread in probably 5 games at least.

I agree.

Good Luck!! :pointstosky:

For what its worth......

I think Colorado has probably quit too, with their efforts the last couple of weeks. It's been downhill for them since upsetting Tex Tech.

My .02

Theres no chance I would take Louisville aside from the points Philly made above. Huge emotional win last week for Louisville now going on the road to a team that plays great D and runs the ball well, thats a recipe for a close game or even a loss. Also, keep in mind that if Slaton doesnt fumble that ball in the red zone and Louisville didnt get that kick return for a TD, they could have lost the game outright or at the very least they may have only won by a field goal!

No need to put a ton of stock into what I am saying...but my play is Rutgers without question. Im hoping the line gets to +7, or I may just buy the half a point since the line is at 6.5 right now...

Good Luck!! :thumbsup:

FYI, if you have a Bodog account (which can be both good an bad) you can get Rutgers +7 at -105. By far the best line I have seen out there. They must be getting pounded with Louisville bets.

FYI, if you have a Bodog account (which can be both good an bad) you can get Rutgers +7 at -105. By far the best line I have seen out there. They must be getting pounded with Louisville bets.

Thanks dmaid, I dont think i'll ever stray from my newly beloved Greek site though. Appreciate the heads up none the less.

Good Luck!! :thumbsup:

That's why I love this forum. You guys are awesome at talking me off the ledge.

I'm not confident in Rutgers so I'm not going to be them. But judging how scoring has been unpredictable midweek and both teams have solid defenses, predicting lower than 50+ points is a solid bet. I'll doublecheck the weather report, but will make a decent play on the Over tonight before it starts dropping.

Thanks dmaid, I dont think i'll ever stray from my newly beloved Greek site though. Appreciate the heads up none the less.

Good Luck!! :dunno:

Understand. I don't really care for Bodog, but I keep open a few accounts here and there and then hunt for the most favorable line. Bodog is usually pretty good if you are betting on underdogs.

I'm not confident in Rutgers so I'm not going to be them. But judging how scoring has been unpredictable midweek and both teams have solid defenses, predicting lower than 50+ points is a solid bet. I'll doublecheck the weather report, but will make a decent play on the Over tonight before it starts dropping.

GR:

The weather is supposed to be very nice tomorrow. At gametime it is supposed to be in the upper 50s and partly cloudy. It is rainy in Piscataway today, but is supposed to be quite nice tomorrow.

You still owe me a dollar. And I will hold you to it until the day I die.

My only concern about the over/under on this game is if Louisville decides to put together a complete game on offense. At times they have looked better than Hawaii (I inserted that to jab philly) passing the ball. But then they seem have a few drives with bad play calls. Also, if they get out to a lead I would expect them to keep trying to put style points on the board.