Sign in to follow this  
beefy1

***Official College Football Wagering Thread*** 11/7

You still owe me a dollar. And I will hold you to it until the day I die.

My only concern about the over/under on this game is if Louisville decides to put together a complete game on offense. At times they have looked better than Hawaii (I inserted that to jab philly) passing the ball. But then they seem have a few drives with bad play calls. Also, if they get out to a lead I would expect them to keep trying to put style points on the board.

You have every right to hold me to that promise. It's a cheap price to pay for the money you've helped me win. Give me your email address again so I can contact you and get your mailing address. I've held off on this long enough.

Good points on why the under could be risky. But I think with in-game betting, it's worth riding out the frequent waves. A few defensive stops early, and the total plummets allowing opportunities for hedging and middling.

That's why I love this forum. You guys are awesome at talking me off the ledge.

I'm not confident in Rutgers so I'm not going to be them. But judging how scoring has been unpredictable midweek and both teams have solid defenses, predicting lower than 50+ points is a solid bet. I'll doublecheck the weather report, but will make a decent play on the Over tonight before it starts dropping.

My thoughts on why i took Louisville... (typing this at work so i cant spend much time).

1. They are the first team that Rutgers has faced with a strong passing attack (good QB, 2 great WRs), oversized oline, and balanced run attack.

2. Betting against Louisville is one of my favorite plays (i.e. Cincinnati) when they are facing unranked teams. However in my eyes, they step it up against other ranked teams. Both Miami(FL) and WV were considered top defenses which swayed the action. Louisville is 2-0 ATS for both high-profile games.

3. Mid-week game superstition is eerily becoming as popular on this thread as the Madden cover curse on the fantasy threads. Although the under may be likley again, I don't think Louisville be the one held down as much as Rutgers will

4. Rutgers's win over UConn was a little misleading as they scored on the blocked punt and another fumble return.

5. Teel will throw more interceptions than Brohm. Rutgers secondary/pass D is not dominant/big on paper. Ummm Uruttia is 6'6" 220. Other WR Douglas is 5'11". Rutgers CB's are 5'10" and safeties are 5'11".

6. Rice is not 100%

Hopefully, this is one of the rare times where I'm right when philly/ditka on the other side.

Go Louisville!

Anyone playing the college hoops games tonight??

Michigan st -9.5 (1st half) vs Brown at east lansing doesnt look too bad.

Maryland -13 vs Vermont

Overall College YTD: 198-168-4; +35.97 units

Subset: 2 unit plays or higher: 94-69; +48.72 units

CFL: 21-13; +15.95 units

Overall NBA: 14-10-1; +7.65 units

Subset: NBA 2 unit plays or higher: 2-0; +5.0 units

NCAA baskets: 0-0

NHL: 2-2; -2.0 units

NFL (Reset, last two weeks): 22-20-1; +.75 units

Wednesday

All for 1 unit. Probably too much action, but it is what it is.

NBA

Washington (-5) WINNER

Toronto (-3.5) LOSER

Seattle (+7) WINNER

Charlotte (+5.5) WINNER

New Jersey (-4) WINNER

Milwaukee (-2) LOSER

Denver (-10.5) LOSER

Portland (+5) WINNER

Edit: Portland 2nd H (+4) for 2 units WINNER

Dallas M/L @+120 LOSER

Edit: Dallas 2nd H (3) for 3 units LOSER

Detroit M/L @+105 LOSER

Edit: Detroit (+1) 2nd H for 3 units LOSER

NHL

Ottawa M/L@+110 LOSER

Over TB/Pitt (6)@-130 WINNER

Edmonton M/L@+170 LOSER

NCAA (my book finally posted a line)

Edit: Brown (+16.5) WINNER

Good luck to all.

SheVegas.....GO BUCKS!!!

Who's Gonna Win it? The Bucks The Bucks!!!

I thought you mentioned that you werent from around WI....

MIchigan st -9.5 (1st half)

Maryland -7 (1st half)

New Jersey -4

Milwaukee -1.5

Thats what im rolling with for now.

Got New Jersey -3 1/2, and Denver-10 1/2.(NBA) GL We have to start new threads on non football nights! If the mods let us.

My thoughts on why i took Louisville... (typing this at work so i cant spend much time).

1. They are the first team that Rutgers has faced with a strong passing attack (good QB, 2 great WRs), oversized oline, and balanced run attack.

2. Betting against Louisville is one of my favorite plays (i.e. Cincinnati) when they are facing unranked teams. However in my eyes, they step it up against other ranked teams. Both Miami(FL) and WV were considered top defenses which swayed the action. Louisville is 2-0 ATS for both high-profile games.

3. Mid-week game superstition is eerily becoming as popular on this thread as the Madden cover curse on the fantasy threads. Although the under may be likley again, I don't think Louisville be the one held down as much as Rutgers will

4. Rutgers's win over UConn was a little misleading as they scored on the blocked punt and another fumble return.

5. Teel will throw more interceptions than Brohm. Rutgers secondary/pass D is not dominant/big on paper. Ummm Uruttia is 6'6" 220. Other WR Douglas is 5'11". Rutgers CB's are 5'10" and safeties are 5'11".

6. Rice is not 100%

Hopefully, this is one of the rare times where I'm right when philly/ditka on the other side.

Go Louisville!

I am with the Cards 100%. Took them yesterday and there is no need for a write since you just mentioned all the reasons.

Well, seeing the "Big Two" (Ditka & Yer Mom) taking opposite sides makes my decision that much easier:

Louisville-Rutgers Under 52 (-120) - 2X play

Good luck to all! :dunno:

OK Fockers! I will post my NBA plays tonight since they are basically the same as everyone elses.

Bucks 1st quarter, 1st half and game

Lakers -5

Suns over 100

Dallas ML

Detroit ML (both plays were in before Philly posted!! uh oh)

I am 6-2 in the NBA so far.

GR,

oneals_home@yahoo.com <--------I want my dollar now and I want you to autograph it. I will hang it in my garage right next to all the Jordan/Bears posters.

You can all keep my email too if this board is ever down again and you want to get my picks. Or you can just send me a friendly email to say "hey".

2 for 2 tonight on the college side.......good start.

took the under on MSU/ Brown of 63.5

No way those two teams score 30 points each.

Takin a stab at this first half NBA thing...

Suns team total over 48.5 1st half.

Good Luck!! :dunno:

Guest SheVegas

Sorry guys...you would think with Ming and Battie on the bench for 5 minutes in the first quarter the Bucks would be winning...but know they suck...Another loser for me...Time to start chasing.

My cable was out for the last hour and a half. Doesn't Comcast realize I have games to keep track of? And Lost is on tonight, for fock's sake. :blink: :pointstosky:

Got New Jersey -3 1/2, and Denver-10 1/2.(NBA) GL We have to start new threads on non football nights! If the mods let us.

If we want to do other sports gambling threads, we can do them on the Geek Board on this site. The mods won't allow non football gambling threads. If that's what everyone wants to do, we can do that.

New Jersey is fvcking atrocious. We had a 14-point lead at some point; now the Nets are clinging to a one-point lead with just 4 minutes left.

Gonna try and keep the ball rollin here and take Dallas team total over 47 1st half, they're 0-3 and need a win bad. They should come out decent one would think....

Good Luck!! :wacko:

New Jersey is fvcking atrocious. We had a 14-point lead at some point; now the Nets are clinging to a one-point lead with just 4 minutes left.

Looks like they still got the job done. If my final score is correct. :wacko:

Looks like they still go the job done. If my final score is correct. :banana:

:P It's a winner. The Greek graded me out already.

Now waiting on:

Lakers Over 99.5 (-120)

Mavericks Over 47 1H

Two teamer:

Detroit ML/Dallas ML (4:1 odds)

Good luck to all! :wacko:

You know, at some point, I have to give up on hockey. Giving up 2 goal leadstonight, and giving up 1 goal leads with 20 seconds to go in regulation the other night, really leave a bad taste in ones mouth. Bleeechh.

Looks like Charlotte covers in OT. Let's keep this nice night going. :rolleyes:

I swear everytime I post on here I lose when I don't I win....Again I am sorry about the bucks game....I wanted to post my 2nd half bet but thought most of you are sick of my bad picks but here it was....Again sorry about the Bucks first half.

Nov 8 9:11pm Basketball - Winner

1. Basketball - Houston Rockets/Milwaukee Bucks - total Over 94½ (-110)

for the 2nd half held on Nov 8 at 8:05pm [winner]

Don't worry about bad picks. All of us are human, and we all take personal responsibility for following anybody's elses picks. I think.

Either way, keep the info coming. :wacko:

I read every post, every gambling thread. I soak up the info.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but I see that Rutgers is currently seeing only 10% of the public's action!?!?!?

10%!????!?!??!?!!!

That is enough for me to roll with Rutgers.......

GR- I have no idea how you got 4:1 odds on the Dallas and detroit parly on the ML...I had that last night for 3.8:1 and right now at 3.3:1.

Thanks Philly- I cleaned house last year...but this year I am struggling hardcore.....I honestly feel about 99% worse when I give predictions and lose and know others have lost then if I kept my big mouth shut.....I will promise to keep posting though because even a gay midget rat is bound to find some cheese.

Got tricked by the damned bet payout info on my confirm page again.

Payout is actually 3.41 to 1 odds (+115 and +105). Doesn't look good though since the Pistons look as good as the Tigers did in the WS!

I am trying to stay awake long enough to hammer Detroit in the 2nd half. Sacr has guard issues.

I am trying to stay awake long enough to hammer Detroit in the 2nd half. Sacr has guard issues.

The way Detroit played in quarter one.....it appears Detroit has some guard issues as well.

Let's see how the 2nd quarter plays out. And see what the half time line is.

Just playing hunches in 2nd half plays, for the record. I was really impressed with Detroit's comeback vs Utah last night. No reason to think they will lay down tonight.

Lets start playing some drunken second half hunches...

Portland 2nd H (+4) for 2 units

You know the Lakers are going to come out and win the 3rd Q by 7 or 8. Now, what happens in the 4th Q is up in the air, but I'm going LAL -4 for the second half. I am on a LUCKY 8-2 NBA streak, which has made me not want to post my picks for fear of jinxing the streak......

edit: ok, nevermind, Kobe is playing solo again.

Im done betting on the Lakers......they never cover.

Hopefully Detroit will cover the +1.5 and ill split on NBA games tonight.

Adding Detroit (+1) 2nd H for 3 units. Yep. I think they win this game.

Adding: Dallas 2nd H (3) for 3 units

Dallas desperately needs this game. No way they let down in the 2nd half. They will pull away for a 20 point win.

Adding Detroit (+1) 2nd H for 3 units. Yep. I think they win this game.

Adding: Dallas 2nd H (3) for 3 units

Dallas desperately needs this game. No way they let down in the 2nd half. They will pull away for a 20 point win.

Alright Philly....im rolling with ya on this one

Since I have off on Friday and Monday, a 4 day weekend coming up, who needs sleep, when you can watch second half bets on West Coast games?

Yeah....... :wall: :wall:

Alright Philly....im rolling with ya on this one

Remember, you are following someone who has had one too many to drink.... :unsure:

Good luck, dude.

Time to share my ridiculous stretch since football season started since historically it can only get much worse from here...

77-21-6

Sorry, needed to flex nutz there really quick since it'll probably never be this good again :wall:

2nd half:

Clippers team total over 49.5...not crazy about it, but im in So Cal and get the game here. The Clipshow cant do any worse than they did in the first half.......hopefully

Good Luck!! :unsure:

Off topic: as much as I want to hate them, I actually like the Lebron James commercials with all the different Lebron James characters. Definitely creative. :unsure:

Guest SheVegas

Wll I went with YEr and Philly...Took Dallas +3 and Clippers over second half...Figured it would be hard to lose both and maybe could win both...gl guys

I am trying to put together a solid night, and Dallas decided to sh!t the bed. I guess they don't want to win their first game of the year. Fockers. :unsure: :wall:

Off topic: as much as I want to hate them, I actually like the Lebron James commercials with all the different Lebron James characters. Definitely creative. :thumbsup:

White suit LeBron is the man. :dunno:

I am trying to put together a solid night, and Dallas decided to sh!t the bed. I guess they don't want to win their first game of the year. Fockers. :lol: :mad:

The Clippers were hotter than the center of the earth in the 3rd, they can only cool off from here, perhaps you get your win...

Good Luck!! <_<