Sign in to follow this  
Durtee

David Carr signs with Panthers....

According to the Charlotte Observer David Carr has agreed to terms on a two-year contract with the Carolina Panthers. Carr, 27, made the decision after returning from a two-day visit with the Seattle Seahawks and meeting with his wife at their California home late Thursday night. Carr had visited with the Panthers Monday and Tuesday. The financial terms of the deal weren’t immediately available.

http://www.charlotte.com/209/story/76173.html

I guess thats a good move for both parties. Delhomme struggled at times last season so the Panthers needed a quality backup to come in and compete for the job. I think it's a good move for David Carr to and wouldn't be shocked if you won the job from Delhomme at some point this season.

According to the Charlotte Observer David Carr has agreed to terms on a two-year contract with the Carolina Panthers. Carr, 27, made the decision after returning from a two-day visit with the Seattle Seahawks and meeting with his wife at their California home late Thursday night. Carr had visited with the Panthers Monday and Tuesday. The financial terms of the deal weren’t immediately available.

http://www.charlotte.com/209/story/76173.html

I guess thats a good move for both parties. Delhomme struggled at times last season so the Panthers needed a quality backup to come in and compete for the job. I think it's a good move for David Carr to and wouldn't be shocked if you won the job from Delhomme at some point this season.

As a Panther fan, I am happy to see this signing of a legit backup... although personally i was rooting for Joey cause i think he could have been just as good, and probably at a lower cost (not that the terms have been disclosed yet).

And i was almost certain Carr would have wanted to learn under Holmgren for 2 years since he is an offensive-minded coach... What kind of tuteledge is he going to get from Fox (former DC), and the "reknown" Jeff Davidson we signed to OC??

Carr must really think he can take the starting job from Delhomme... which could create a QB controversy, but at least Jake will be getting pushed for once...

I'm happy to hear about it. As I stated in another post, I think Jake D. needs some extra motivation, and I think this certainly qualifies. Hopefully the contract terms will not be too offensive.

I think I read somewhere that Carr might be listed as the emergency QB on gameday for the Seahawks if he signed because they were absolutely commited to keeping Seneca Wallace active. If true, I think this was an easy decision for Carr; 3rd string QB or potential to start sooner rather than later in Carolina.

Delhomme is a backup for me in a dynasty league, oddly, I don't really feel much of a threat from Carr to be honest... :banana:

Delhomme is a backup for me in a dynasty league, oddly, I don't really feel much of a threat from Carr to be honest... :dunno:

I feel the same way. Jake is too good to be benched for a bust like Carr. Carr is nothing more than an insurance policy.

Carr is nothing more than a backup for a team who had the worst backup in the league in Wienke.

Well I like the move. Light a fire under Delhomme's arse, put a little pressure on him and see if the offense can get going. If not, I think Carr has a legitimate shot at taking over the position. A breath of fresh air for Carr.

Solid move for both. I assume Carr would have rather started somewhere, but at least now he is on a good team and will provide some heat for Delhomme.

Solid move for both. I assume Carr would have rather started somewhere, but at least now he is on a good team and will provide some heat for Delhomme.

I agree it was a solid move for both teams.

I think Delhomme now has some pressure on him to produce. It will be great competition for both in camps. Let's see what Carr can do with a line. John Fox also has pressure to win this year. Dont think he doesnt feel a native Bill Cowher breathing down his neck next year. This whole team and situation will be fun to watch.

Good move for Carr and the Panthers :mad:

Delhomme is a backup for me in a dynasty league, oddly, I don't really feel much of a threat from Carr to be honest... :doublethumbsup:

Nor should you, IMHO.

Well I like the move. Light a fire under Delhomme's arse, put a little pressure on him and see if the offense can get going. If not, I think Carr has a legitimate shot at taking over the position. A breath of fresh air for Carr.

ditto

You know... There was a time when people said worse things about Jim Plunkett. Much worse...