Sign in to follow this  
chao22mien

Trades - Would you trade Portis?

i m in a 3 keeper leagu and my gems are Gore, Addai, Portis, Gates.

Unfortunately, I will have to cut ties with Gates, but my question is would you try to trade Portis while his value is still a little high.

please let me know yoru thoughts...i m def holding on to Gore and Addai..

basically i would trade Portis for another RB + maybe a swap of 1st round picks

i would try to trade portis away, i would rather keep gates than portis. betts signed for 5 years i think and i believe he will be the future rb for that team.

Clearly, it depends on what you get for him. He's a talented back in a run-first offence with a very good offensive co-ordinator.

That said he's not that durable and has a talented back behind him. Since you have two solid starters at RB, I'd look to trade him, but make sure it's for fair value.

i agree with the above posts. portis is young but hurt a lot (shoulder, knee). i think he is on a downhill slide like a 30+ rb. now is the best value he will ever have.

Clearly, it depends on what you get for him. He's a talented back in a run-first offence with a very good offensive co-ordinator.

That said he's not that durable and has a talented back behind him. Since you have two solid starters at RB, I'd look to trade him, but make sure it's for fair value.

I agree with this guy.

At the very least, I think its worth your while to see what you can get for him. you may be surprised. Some guys consider him to be a top 4 or top 5 RB, and if they truly believe this, they will pay a lot to get him.

I'm not a huge portis fan, but I respect what he can do and feel he does have a lot of value. (even if I dont value him the way others do)

I dont know about the value of QB's in your league, but It also may not be a bad idea to see what kind of QB's you can get for him. (even if you choose to take a RB)

I also agree with the above posts. If you are in a PPR league, see what WR you could get for Portis. 2 stud RB's and a stud WR would be a great start to your team.