Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

2007 Cheatsheet Compiler/Draft Buddy

Looks like there have been a decent amount of rumblings around key positions in the NFL since the last update. I know the next scheduled update isn't until 8/30 but I was wondering if there's any chance of seeing an ad-hoc update before then?

Also, since this site has put up the compiled rankings for the major positions has there ever been any mention of actually incorporating these rankings directly into the compiler so that we have easy access to them?

Sorry for all the questions. I know I'm just the new guy but I figured I'd throw out some stuff that was on my mind. I have my draft on Tuesday night and I can't wait to use the compiler/buddy. Looks like a top notch draft tool that will hopefully lead me to back to back league titles.

Great job guys and thanks :thumbsup:

Thank BeanTown. I don't think anything major has happened this weekend to require a change to the projections, so we will probably just wait to 8/30. I'll check with Mike Krueger though.

Haven't given too much thought to putting the consensus rankings in the Compiler. For one thing, they are rankings when we really need projections which Mike K. provides so well already. Second thing, they are not compiled until kind of late in the game for us to incorporate them into the Compiler. Are you saying you trust the guys on the main board? :dunno:

It was just me thinking out loud mainly.

Some of the noteworthy news I've seen in the last couple of days has been:

Leftwich possibly being cut

RBBC in Tennessee

Tory Holt's lingering injury

Dunn starting over Norwood?

That's off the top of my head and now looking at it in hindsight none of it is a huge surprise. Anxious to take put the Compiler/Buddy through the paces.

Hey Mike,

First year user of the Compiler/Draft Buddy. Just finished my draft last week that I commish. The Draft Buddy is a total Godsend. Thank you so much. Made things so much easier, gave me such edge in knowing when to draft whom. Wow. Definitely will buy it again next year.

Couple of suggestions:

1. In the Draft Buddy "By Team" tab, perhaps adding a bye week column, so at a glance I can see everyone's teams and bye weeks at each position.

2. Make manually adjusting player rankings a bit easier, drag/drop ability would be great but I don't think Excel supports it. But it belongs in the Compiler instead of the Draft Buddy I think, so that after updating projections and it doesn't reset all my manual rankings in the Draft Buddy.

3. My league's draft order is a new order every odd round, and the even rounds are serpentine of the previous round. Perhaps an option to support that would be great.

Other than that, not a whole lot of wants. It's almost perfect as it is. GREAT TOOL. THANK YOU!!!

Wisconsin Bills

Hi W.B. Thanks! I'm glad you like the Compiler and Buddy in your first year with us. I appreciate the feedback too, and I'll consider these things for next year.

Sorry to say now I can already help you with #1 though. Go to the by team tab in Buddy, for one of your completed drafts, and see the "+" sign above your team name (and ever other team)? Click that. The bye weeks will be revealed.

Have a great season.

Hi Mike -Have my draft tonight and can't wait. I've been kicking butt each year I started using this program. THANKS!!! :mad:

Anyway, in reading some of the posts, I noticed some discussions on "Compiler Recommended", "Median Player", etc...I have always used the "Compiler Recommended" as I never really paid attention to the other options. I'm wondering if you can ease my mind and inform me whether or not I should continue using the "Compiler Recommendation" or change it.

I start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF.

For reserves, I usually draft 1 QB, 3 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE

Scoring for RB's is avg. 1/10 yds, 6/TD, but WR are 1pt/Rec., QB's get 6pts/TD...DEF gets points for BOTH PA, and TYA.

I experimented by changing to the Medium Player and the Ravens D moved up to # 9, Gates is # 8...not sure if I like it this way, but my point system is slightly different than most leagues (especially for the DEF), I want to make sure that the rankings are true to my league and draft accordingly (not that I would draft DEF within the 1st 2 rounds, but maybe I pick one of the top 2 a few rounds earlier than their ADP indicates).

Lastly, if you can let me know when today's update will come out, I would like to go into tonight (5:30PM EST) with the most current updates.

Thanks!

Neil

Hi Neil (and everyone). The 8/30 update is now... up! :music_guitarred:

You can hit Update Projections now and you'll be all set.

As for your overall ranking method, I would stick with Compiler Draft Pick Recommended. The Ravens and Bears have been getting ranked very high, because those 2 defenses are projected so much higher than the others. Mike Krueger backed off those projections a little, so as to temper such high expectations, but regardless you know not to draft them that early. If they are still coming out very high, then you can input a custom baseline adjustment for DEF of 0.5, and hit Compile Cheatsheets again to see the impact of that change.

Good luck tonight!

Final Update! :music_guitarred:

(barring any other crazy stuff like starting QBs getting released, etc.)

Hey Mike anything new planned for the compiler this year? Also, any idea of a purchase date? I know it's early but just thought I'd ask. :cheers:

Hey Mike anything new planned for the compiler this year? Also, any idea of a purchase date? I know it's early but just thought I'd ask. :cheers:

Hey FlaHawker! I was wondering who would be first to show up here, and when. We're looking at a 6/6 or 6/7 sale date. As for new stuff, its getting very tough to figure out new features since its already packed from the past 10 years. I have a few small things going, but don't want to commit until I decide if they are working 100% as expected and don't bugger up anything else.

Hey FlaHawker! I was wondering who would be first to show up here, and when. We're looking at a 6/6 or 6/7 sale date. As for new stuff, its getting very tough to figure out new features since its already packed from the past 10 years. I have a few small things going, but don't want to commit until I decide if they are working 100% as expected and don't bugger up anything else.

Less than a month!! Looking forward to it as always! :rolleyes: