Sign in to follow this  
jocstrap

Trade discussions/options

F.S. FWP for Westy straight up? I thought I highlighted Westy but FWP appeared :dunno:

Just in case you have a hard on for FWP I thought is was worth a try. Let me know.

I'll trade any RB or combination of RB/WR for an updrade to WR

PS. trades like Rudi and Lee Evans for LT2 and Troy Williamson won't cut it.

If you want LT2 you gotta pay the price. :thumbsup:

F.S. FWP for Westy straight up? I thought I highlighted Westy but FWP appeared :wub:

Just in case you have a hard on for FWP I thought is was worth a try. Let me know.

Well, seeing as I had Westy 1.03 on my projections for this scoring system, and FWP 1.09, here's how that deal would have to go:

You give me FWP, $100 and a blowjob and I give you Westy, under the following conditions:

- you give me the blowjob

- you pay me the $100

- I think about it.

- I continue to think about it.

- I think about it some more.

- I spend the $100 (on a blowjob from a chick so I don't feel as gay) and then decline the offer.

:doublethumbsup:

Well, seeing as I had Westy 1.03 on my projections for this scoring system, and FWP 1.09, here's how that deal would have to go:

You give me FWP, $100 and a blowjob and I give you Westy, under the following conditions:

- you give me the blowjob

- you pay me the $100

- I think about it.

- I continue to think about it.

- I think about it some more.

- I spend the $100 (on a blowjob from a chick so I don't feel as gay) and then decline the offer.

:banana:

Well I just about blew my swallow of bud light out my nose. Freakin' hillarious :ninja:

Remember after last season I started a mock draft on the JP home site? FWP I had at number 4. I have big hopes for him, I just hate to have him as my #1 in two fftoday leagues. I could have sworn I highlighted westy :sleep: . Oh well

If you want LT2 you gotta pay the price. ;)

I deletored the trade offer two minutes after it was sent. I thought about it for two seconds and realized it was way off target for LT.

Well I just about blew my swallow of bud light out my nose. Freakin' hillarious :cheers:

Remember after last season I started a mock draft on the JP home site? FWP I had at number 4. I have big hopes for him, I just hate to have him as my #1 in two fftoday leagues. I could have sworn I highlighted westy :doh: . Oh well

As a Steeler fan, I love your enthusiasm for FWP & my team. :D

If you want LT2 you gotta pay the price. :rolleyes:

I thought my offer involving Harrison was good enough for LT2.

I offered Westbrook+Driver and he declined. in a PPR I don't see how it gets much better than that, but in a way I'm glad he declined.

My mad Tomlinson Mancrush nearly rooned my season before it began. :cheers:

I offered Westbrook+Driver and he declined. in a PPR I don't see how it gets much better than that, but in a way I'm glad he declined.

My mad Tomlinson Mancrush nearly rooned my season before it began. :cheers:

I had Harrison and Jacobs, and IMO, that is just as good as Westbrook and Driver.

and yea, i'm going to stop chasing LT2 now...its like buying a PS3 when you can have a Wii and a 360.

I got three offers for LT at the same time and yours was by FAR the worst.

1) Larry Johnson+Fitz for LT2+Ward... (this one I would have taken if LJ wasn't having contract problems. I countered with LJ and Fitz for Lt2 and Glenn to cover the risk I'd be taking on acquiring LJ and he declined)

2) Westbrook+Driver for LT2+Mush... (considered this but the math didn't add up. I'd be giving up around 80 projected FF points if I took this trade. If you think I really believe "you're glad I declined" you need to lay off the pipe. You and I both know it would of been a sweet deal for you).

3) Harrison+Jacobs for LT+Ward... (do I really need to comment? You want to hang onto your #1 RB and still get LT2... lolerskates).

After listening to all your girls rag on my WR's for 2 weeks I've decided to roll with what I got and prove I can go far with the three I have.

See you ladies on the field. :pointstosky:

2) Westbrook+Driver for LT2+Mush... (considered this but the math didn't add up. I'd be giving up around 80 projected FF points if I took this trade. If you think I really believe "you're glad I declined" you need to lay off the pipe. You and I both know it would of been a sweet deal for you).

I think you should re-examine the scoring system. Westbrook will likely finish top 3 in this system.

I was interested in acquiring LT2, but if you recall, my initial offer was LT2+Moosh for Ronnie Brown+Driver. I wanted to pair Westbrook with LT2, making me an unstoppable force. Well, even more of an unstoppable force. :unsure:

You rejected saying you'd consider it if it was LT2.

And I actually thought about it for a long time. The fact is that I think Driver + Westbrook will equal or exceed the total points that LT2+Moosh puts up. I am not high on Moose at all - he was a toss-in WR to balance the deal, but I think 700/6 is his upside.

But the durability of LT2 was why I wanted to do it. I disagree that you're giving up points in this deal at all, and we can certainly revisit at season's end to see who's right on that one, but the appeal for me was doing a 2:1 to get a durable top player. it was a very very fair offer, IMO.

But I honestly think I have a better chance of winning the league with Westy/Driver provided they stay healthy.

:rolleyes:

As for your reject of my subsequent offer of Curtis for MBIII, I think you'll regret that one. IMO, Curtis has a great chance of passing Reggie Brown as WR1 in Philly.

my opinion is that your opinion is both wrong and retarded.

hth?

:ninja:

1st and 4th rounder vs a 2nd and 3rd rounder.

How is it that far off there scoots?

1st and 4th rounder vs a 2nd and 3rd rounder.

How is it that far off there scoots?

Westbrook >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jacobs, especially in a PPR league

Driver > Harison (but not by much)

Your offer is nowhere near close to mine. Just because you reached for Jacobs doesn't make him worth Westbrook. And just because I took Drivr in the early 4th doesn't mean he didn't slip to me there - IMO he should have gone late 3rd in this format.

Besides, if I'm giving up Tomlinson in a deal I would much rather have a 1st round RB and 3rd round caliber WR than a 2nd round WR and 3rd-4th round RB. Offering a 3rd round RB2 caliber back paired with a 2nd round (old) WR is not going to net you LT2, ever.

It's not fair value.

Really, if you're looking at value based by round it's

Westbrook >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Harrison

Driver = Jacobs

I see why you'd offer that - for the same reason I offered Ronnie Brown+Driver for LT2. IMO my initial offer was still as good, if not better than your final offer.

If you're still confused, let's look at it by positional ranking:

for this scoring system, I offered a top 5 RB (ranked 6th by TSN, not a PPR format ranking) and a top 10 WR (ranked 9 by TSN, not PPR format)

You offered a top 8 WR (ranked 4th currently by TSN) and a what, 20th ranked RB? (ranked 20 by TSN) :ninja:

With PPR thrown into the mix, Westbrook's +/- 75 receptions are money.

Heck, you could offer me Jacobs+Harrison for Westbrook and I'd melt my keyboard hitting reject.

Is that really that hard to figure out? B)

I think you should re-examine the scoring system. Westbrook will likely finish top 3 in this system.

I was interested in acquiring LT2, but if you recall, my initial offer was LT2+Moosh for Ronnie Brown+Driver. I wanted to pair Westbrook with LT2, making me an unstoppable force. Well, even more of an unstoppable force. B)

You rejected saying you'd consider it if it was LT2.

And I actually thought about it for a long time. The fact is that I think Driver + Westbrook will equal or exceed the total points that LT2+Moosh puts up. I am not high on Moose at all - he was a toss-in WR to balance the deal, but I think 700/6 is his upside.

But the durability of LT2 was why I wanted to do it. I disagree that you're giving up points in this deal at all, and we can certainly revisit at season's end to see who's right on that one, but the appeal for me was doing a 2:1 to get a durable top player. it was a very very fair offer, IMO.

But I honestly think I have a better chance of winning the league with Westy/Driver provided they stay healthy.

:clap:

Fair enough. I didn't say it was a bad trade at all. I also agree that Mush was basically a throw in. But let's really look at the numbers. I'm sure we can both agree Westy and LT2 both had career numbers last year (I don't expect either to repeat)

BW: 240 carries for 1217 and 7 on the ground, 77 receptiuons for 699 and 4 in the air. That's approx 335 FF points give or take a couple.

Driver: 92 receptions for 1295 and 8. That's right at 269 FF points

TOTAL = 604

LT2: 348 carries for 1815 and 28 on the ground, 56 receptions for 508 and 3 (not to mention the 2 TD's he threw). That's approx 486 FF points give or take a couple.

Mush: 60 for 863 and 5. That comes out to 176 FF points

TOTAL = 662

So a combined 58 FF points...

Taking into consideration both Westy and LT2 had carrer years I expect both to have a small decline so that's a wash. Westy is also a much bigger injury risk as well as his QB who directly affects his value (Westy only scored 3 of his 11 TD's in the final 7 games after McNabb went down). Driver also had a career year for reception totals and has the Tiki Barber disease when it comes to TD's (9,2,9,5, and 8 in 2006). I expect this to be another 5 or 6 TD year for Driver.

Add that all up and that's where I came to my approximate 80 point differential this season.

Like I said, it wasn't a bad trade at all. I just feel like I was getting the short end of the deal. If I'm going to trade away the #1 player in FF I want to feel like it was a deal "I couldn't refuse", not a "well if everything works out ok ok, this might end up being a wash".

As for your reject of my subsequent offer of Curtis for MBIII, I think you'll regret that one. IMO, Curtis has a great chance of passing Reggie Brown as WR1 in Philly.

Come on man. MB3 was my 5th rounder and only capable back-up RB if Chris Brown starts in Tennessee. Giving him up at this point in the pre-season for a Kevin Curtis caliber WR would just be plain retarded on my part.

:ninja:

Come on man. MB3 was my 5th rounder and only capable back-up RB if Chris Brown starts in Tennessee. Giving him up at this point in the pre-season for a Kevin Curtis caliber WR would just be plain retarded on my part.

:cry:

I never suggested that you weren't retarded? :unsure:

Who has Vincent Jackson? I want him. Let's trade - No really!

That would be me, and he will score 10 TDs this year. Write it down. 10 TDs, 800 yds+

He is a 3rd year WR, with a QB that Turner will take the reins off of, and he's 6'5" with a ridiculous vertical leap.

If you want him, he'll cost you. Throw me some offers.

:wall:

That would be me, and he will score 10 TDs this year. Write it down. 10 TDs, 800 yds+

He is a 3rd year WR, with a QB that Turner will take the reins off of, and he's 6'5" with a ridiculous vertical leap.

If you want him, he'll cost you. Throw me some offers.

:banana:

:thumbsdown:

:pointstosky:

still trying to figure out if you're busting my balls or if you're actually as high on VJax as I am.

I have two WRs I see as major breakout candidates in Jackson & Curtis. Both have a chance to be 1000+/8-12 TD players.

Jackson moreso, IMO as he is in a better offense with the best RB in the league and the best TE in the league - the coverage will be non-existant for a guy who's essentially replacing McCardell as the #1 WR on the Chargers. Jackson is my best sleeper this year, so hopefully I don't get burned by him. I'm targeting him in the mid-rounds of every league. I haven't felt this strongly about a breakout candidate since I was hyping Gates a few years ago as a 9th-10th round steal. My VJax man :cheers: might cost me if I'm wrong. :doublethumbsup:

still trying to figure out if you're busting my balls or if you're actually as high on VJax as I am.

I have two WRs I see as major breakout candidates in Jackson & Curtis. Both have a chance to be 1000+/8-12 TD players.

Jackson moreso, IMO as he is in a better offense with the best RB in the league and the best TE in the league - the coverage will be non-existant for a guy who's essentially replacing McCardell as the #1 WR on the Chargers. Jackson is my best sleeper this year, so hopefully I don't get burned by him. I'm targeting him in the mid-rounds of every league. I haven't felt this strongly about a breakout candidate since I was hyping Gates a few years ago as a 9th-10th round steal. My VJax man :banana: might cost me if I'm wrong. :huh:

I am 100 % sold on Jackson. There were 4 guys I really liked this year as a great pick in the WR corps with nice potential (8+ tds).

Berrian

Henderson

Jackson

Clayton (ravens not bucs)

Then I look to a great running game to keep the safeties scared about the running attack and keep them cheating on the run, not pass. LT will have every defensive player looking at him every play. I can't help but think that Vincent will be on man coverage often with defenses looking to stop LT2. Even if they keep a safety deep in cover 2 or something, I think that safety will still be looking at the line of scrimmage to stop LT2. VJ is in a perfect set up. Not to mention Gates taking the pressure off also.

Definitely not busting your balls on this guy.

TRADE OPTION:

FWP AND BERRIAN for WESTY AND JACKSON?

TRADE OPTION:

FWP AND BERRIAN for WESTY AND JACKSON?

Westy >>> FWP, especially in a PPR format

VJax >>> Berrian, who I'm not high on at all with Grossman at QB

so uh, see my response to the above offer of FWP for Westy and you'll know my answer here.

:clap:

Westy >>> FWP, especially in a PPR format

VJax >>> Berrian, who I'm not high on at all with Grossman at QB

so uh, see my response to the above offer of FWP for Westy and you'll know my answer here.

;)

Fair enough, just checking to see if you were a rook ;)

I can't give up Owens or Walker this year. :clap:

Grossmans did have 23 td's vs Rivers 22!

Grossmans did have 23 td's vs Rivers 22!

1. don't see that as a trend and please don't get me started on Grossman's inconsistency.

2. I don't expect this to be a trend. Rivers will throw more and Grossman could throw more, throw the same, or throw less on any given sunday. Only God knows.

lol

1. don't see that as a trend and please don't get me started on Grossman's inconsistency.

2. I don't expect this to be a trend. Rivers will throw more and Grossman could throw more, throw the same, or throw less on any given sunday. Only God knows.

lol

No doubt Grossman is THE enigma qb. He can win you the Title one week only to get you negative points the next. Do I trust him on my team hell no. Can he hit Berrian from time to time - hell yes. I can't wait to see what this team does on the offense this year.

Should be interesting come the end of the season, how many of these guys you're all projecting to be break-out actually do anything.

I'm not among the many who believe Mark Clayon is gonna be a stud. He might catch a few more TD's than Mason, but he's not gonna catch 80 balls or break the 1000 yard plateau imo. Berrian is going to be feast or famine all year long (most likely famine 75% of the time). VJax might be a decent bye-week filler but he's basically a WR3 behind LT and Gates. San Diego spreads the ball around as much as the Pats so projecting anything more than 60 for 800 and 5 is a stretch imo.

Of the 4 I like Henderson the best, just because Colston is going to receive so much attention. Even then, if you look at Henderson's #'s last year, He did most of his damage the game Colston went down (11/19 vs. CIN: 9 for 169), and the first game he missed (11/26 at ATL 4 for 158 and 1 TD). That's almost half of his receiving totals for the entire year (745) in just 2 games. Then in the final 4 games after Colston returned (all of which Joe Horn missed) Henderson didn't do much. So, I'd temper my expectations for him quite a bit too.

Colston, 7 of 8 TD in first 10 weeks, missed 2 with the ankle, only 1 TD in final 4...

12/10 @DAL 5 for 48

12/17 WAS 7 for 84

12/24 @NYG 4 for 37 and 1

12/31 CAR 0 for 0

Henderson, in those final 4 weeks with Horn out and Colston back...

12/10 @DAL 2 for 92 and 1

12/17 WAS 2 for 20

12/24 @NYG 0 for 0

12/31 CAR 2 for 71

Kinda reminds me of a certain Chicago Bear player we've been talking about...

:dunno:

Yippie - - Fred Taylor for Adrian Peterson?

Come on baby check just once :headbanger:

Let me know what you want for him