Sign in to follow this  
Mike MacGregor

$5,000 CC/DB Survivor Contest

Hey guys and gals. Just a friendly reminder about the...

Everyone who buys the 2007 Compiler & Buddy gets 1 free entry to join for their chance at the $5K.

It has been up since we kicked off the '07 season, but I've noticed not too many people joined so far. All you need to do to join is make sure you are logged in, and make your pick for Week 1 (the system will know if you bought the Compiler). Also, you can always come back and change your pick anytime before the Week 1 deadline.

Okay, that's all. Good luck! :thumbsup:

Hey guys and gals. Just a friendly reminder about the...

Everyone who buys the 2007 Compiler & Buddy gets 1 free entry to join for their chance at the $5K.

It has been up since we kicked off the '07 season, but I've noticed not too many people joined so far. All you need to do to join is make sure you are logged in, and make your pick for Week 1 (the system will know if you bought the Compiler). Also, you can always come back and change your pick anytime before the Week 1 deadline.

Okay, that's all. Good luck! :banana:

FYI, though I can't repeat it, when I first saw this, I wasn't logged in, and the page I was taken to said the sign up period was over. Of course, I thought that was awfully strange, since you'd just posted two days ago, so I logged in and it let me join. Might want check thru those pages, might've missed something.

EDIT: Forgot to ask, I didn't see in the rules, once I've made my 1st pick, I CAN go back and change it before game time, right? A bit early to try to figure this one out. :)

FYI, though I can't repeat it, when I first saw this, I wasn't logged in, and the page I was taken to said the sign up period was over. Of course, I thought that was awfully strange, since you'd just posted two days ago, so I logged in and it let me join. Might want check thru those pages, might've missed something.

EDIT: Forgot to ask, I didn't see in the rules, once I've made my 1st pick, I CAN go back and change it before game time, right? A bit early to try to figure this one out. :)

NM, I saw where I could edit it. I'll email you my full name so you can pre-print the check. :clap:

Thanks Patrick, I'll look into that. I think I know what you mean and I probably didn't update it from last year.

Mike, I have tried several times to enter the Survivor contest and it repeatedly shows me as a guest?

Hi Chasgh. If it shows you as "Guest" then there should be a login link. You need to use the same login you used for accessing the CC/DB. Did you put that in? Are you still getting the same problem? Let us know your username at login@fftoday.com and we'll check the status in our database.

Mike, I got it. I was trying to sign in with my current FFToday password. After reading your post went back and tried an old password that I must have been using last year during the contest. Thanks for your help. I just uploaded the results of our draft which was last night. Everything went fine with the software and the "draft player: buttons on each page were so convenient! The only thing I had trouble with was getting the sounds to play consistently. It seemed the timer would "hiccup" during the countdown and count down every two seconds. About half the time it would skip over the "trigger time" to start the sound clip and wouldnt play anything. Its not big deal but do you think thats something with my laptop or is there something that could be changed in the software? Rathe than count down each second from 60 it might go 58, 56, 54.......ect. If the trigger was an odd number like 1 it would skip it and the clip wouldnt play.

Mike, I got it. I was trying to sign in with my current FFToday password. After reading your post went back and tried an old password that I must have been using last year during the contest. Thanks for your help. I just uploaded the results of our draft which was last night. Everything went fine with the software and the "draft player: buttons on each page were so convenient! The only thing I had trouble with was getting the sounds to play consistently. It seemed the timer would "hiccup" during the countdown and count down every two seconds. About half the time it would skip over the "trigger time" to start the sound clip and wouldnt play anything. Its not big deal but do you think thats something with my laptop or is there something that could be changed in the software? Rathe than count down each second from 60 it might go 58, 56, 54.......ect. If the trigger was an odd number like 1 it would skip it and the clip wouldnt play.

Good to know Chasgh. I think the timer does/can be prone to slowing down Buddy, in which case the timer skips a second here or there, although this is the first I've heard of it. And I didn't think this would impact the playing of the sounds, but it makes (some) sense. I'll have to contact my timer expert in the off-season and see if we can make it more streamlined to combat this.

In your recent mail, you said the submission deadline for week 1 was sep. 9th. I think everybody's going to get the Sep. 6th game correct at that point.

:pointstosky:

In your recent mail, you said the submission deadline for week 1 was sep. 9th. I think everybody's going to get the Sep. 6th game correct at that point.

:pointstosky:

They can get it correct but it won't be eligible. You only pick 1 team to win per week. If you pick the game on the 6th then it is locked at kickoff of that game - no change allowed. If you don't pick that game before kickoff on the 6th, then you can't pick that game and will have to go with one of the Sunday or Monday games. Setting the deadline for Sunday gives people a little more time to get in the pool.