Sign in to follow this  
Hurricane Ditka

***Official Week #1 College Football***

Well, it is that time of the year once a again. Time to bet the kids college money for our own benefit. Time to get Philly drinking heavily again. And time to go find OGAR and bring him out of retirement. Time to find bouve so we can bet the opposite of all his picks.

15 Days from right now we will be glued to the television watching some college football.

So lets get the first week discussion thread going now!!! Lines are as current as of 8/18/07.

Thursday Night 8/30/07:

Utah at Oregon State -6.5

Buffalo at Rutgers -30.5

Kent State at Iowa State -4

Miami OH at Ball State -6.5

Murray State at Louisville

LSU at Mississippi State +17

UNLV at Utah State +7

Weber State at Boise State

Tulsa at UL Monroe +4.5

Friday Night 8/31/07:

Navy at Temple +21

Washington at Syracuse +2.5

Saturday 9/1/07:

Alabama-Birmingham at Michigan State -19.5

Appalachian State at Michigan

Youngstown State at Ohio State

Florida International at Penn State -38

East Carolina at Virginia Tech -24

Marshall at Miami -18

Northeastern at Northwestern

Colorado State vs Colorado -2.5

South Carolina State Bulldogs at Air Force

Virginia at Wyoming +4.5

Connecticut at Duke +6

Nevada at Nebraska -19.5

Mississippi at Memphis +3

Western Michigan at West Virginia -23

Wake Forest at Boston College -6.5

UCLA at Stanford +17

Washington State at Wisconsin -14

Missouri vs Illinois +5.5

Iowa vs Northern Illinois +12

Georgia Tech at Notre Dame -2.5

Middle Tennessee St. at Florida Atlantic

Arizona at Brigham Young -5.5

Western Kentucky at Florida

Villanova at Maryland

Baylor at Texas Christian

James Madison at North Carolina

Central Florida at North Carolina State

Eastern Michigan at Pittsburgh -20

Eastern Kentucky at Kentucky

Oklahoma State at Georgia -7

Gardner Webb Bulldogs at Ohio

Army vs Akron

Richmond at Vanderbilt

North Texas at Oklahoma

UL Lafayette at South Carolina

Montana State at Texas A&M

Purdue at Toledo

Central Michigan at Kansas -7.5

Central Arkansas at Louisiana Tech

Tenn. Martin at Southern Mississippi

Troy at Arkansas

Arkansas State at Texas -38

Kansas State at Auburn -13.5

Bowling Green at Minnesota -16

Nicholls State at Rice

Tennessee at California -5.5

Sacramento State at Fresno State

New Mexico at Texas El Paso +3

San Jose State at Arizona State

Northern Colorado at Hawaii

Elon University at South Florida

Idaho at USC -45

Monday Night 9/2/07

Texas Tech at SMU +10

Florida State at Clemson +3

AP Top 25

1. USC (62) 0-0 1,622

2. LSU (2) 0-0 1,511

3. West Virginia (1) 0-0 1,396

4. Texas 0-0 1,375

5. Michigan 0-0 1,371

6. Florida 0-0 1,276

7. Wisconsin 0-0 1,192

8. Oklahoma 0-0 1,166

9. Virginia Tech 0-0 1,148

10. Louisville 0-0 1,031

11. Ohio State 0-0 876

12. California 0-0 790

13. Georgia 0-0 782

14. UCLA 0-0 605

15. Tennessee 0-0 571

16. Rutgers 0-0 560

17. Penn State 0-0 542

18. Auburn 0-0 519

19. Florida State 0-0 392

20. Nebraska 0-0 377

21. Arkansas 0-0 376

22. TCU 0-0 283

23. Hawaii 0-0 256

24. Boise State 0-0 187

25. Texas A&M 0-0 162

Others Recieving Votes

Missouri 128, Georgia Tech 94, Boston College 75, Oregon 73, South Carolina 69, Miami (FL) 68, Alabama 66, Oregon State 42, Wake Forest 40, South Florida 28, Arizona State 17, Brigham Young 14, Southern Miss 12, Notre Dame 11, Virginia 7, Clemson 6, Oklahoma State 3, Texas Tech 2, Purdue 1, Houston 1, Kentucky 1, North Carolina State 1

Mississippi State with the biggest upset of the year on National TV Thurday Night! Oh I can't wait to hear those cowbells ringing in my ear, the feeling of jumping over the fence to tear down the goalposts. I can feel it now :music_guitarred:

Mississippi State with the biggest upset of the year on National TV Thurday Night! Oh I can't wait to hear those cowbells ringing in my ear, the feeling of jumping over the fence to tear down the goalposts. I can feel it now :overhead:

bump for gameweek.

ND not even ranked :thumbsdown:

Irish will be top 10 by seasons end ! and a third straight BCS bowl !

I just copied and pasted below what I put in the thread on the geek board, stickin to it, LSU huge...Good Luck!!

Greetings gentlemen,

Its nice that were gettin so close to what makes life worth living, College foozball! Gettin ready to stack the beloved Greek account with a nice little pile to play with, its a bit premature but heres my first play:

LSU -17.5

If Matt Flynn doesnt even complete a pass, LSU will run for 5 TDs on these clowns. The Tigers are the deepest at RB position that they've ever been in their university history and Mississippi State couldnt stop my grandma from running for 190 plus 3TDs (course shes 6'4" 240, drives a mac truck)

Once LSU has a nice 28-0 lead which should be by the 2nd quarter, in comes Ryan Perrilout (sp) a gifted running QB who will just make fools of MS's defense.

Im thinkin a final score of 45-7 is in the making, the only question should probably be will MS even score against LSU's supersick D. Im layin the lumber now cause I think that line should be more like -20 by gametime.

Good luck!!

-Yer mom

NCAA 0-0

NFL 9-8 (-.5 units)

I just played my first 3 games of the season.

LSU, I agree that the early line looks like a favorable play even with LSU on the road. Many are picking LSU to be in the national title game and this could be the early statement to back it up. I think other than USC this team has the most talent on both sides of the ball in the country.

Head to Head: LSU are 9-1 ATS in their last 10 meetings.

LSU -18 (2 units) WINNER

Even though Iowa State finished last in the Big 12 North last season I think they are going to come out, at home, a step ahead of Kent State.

78% of the public is betting on Iowa State right now.

Iowa State -3.5 (1 unit) LOSER

I have no idea why Oregon State is not ranked in the top 25 coming into the season this year. I am going to start my own Yvenson Bernard Heisman watch right here, right now. Right now 77% of the betting public is on Oregon State and you can put me with the majority. This game is at Oregon State as well. I like this game to go 33-21 Beavers.

Oregon State -7 (2 units) WINNER

I think I am going to go with a play based off of last season. UL-Monroe was terrible and finished the season with like 7 straight losses to some pathetic teams. Tulsa on the other hand has a pretty solid running game and this line doesn't really scare me off. Tulsa is 11-3 ATS in their last 14 road games.

Tulsa -3 (3 units) WINNER

I really like the over 40.5 between Virginia Tech and East Carolina. NOT because I think this will be a close game I just don't want to lay -28 on a defensive team. East Carolina's starting QB is suspended and their starter hasn't thrown a college pass and he is going to Va Tech against that Defense in that House??? I think the Hoakies will stomp a mudhole in their azzes and be in mop up by the 3rd quarter. I like the total points best in this game.

Va Tech/East Carolina over 40.5 (4 units) FOCKING LOSER

I like UAB on the road against Michigan State. Michigan State has always been a tough gamble as they have been so up and down. Scores and Odds has the game favoring the Spartans by 13 so the 21.5 line has some value. UAB could just win this game period in my opinion.

UAB +21.5 (1 unit) LOSER

I think Washington State is set up to get just WHACKED at Wisconsin. WASU is 0-5 in the last few season openers and they return a few starters on offense including QB Alex Brink. Wisconsin on the other hand has a ton of expectation. For 14 points at home for a top 10 preseason team in the country against a team picked to finish 8th or 9th in the Pac 10 there is value with the Badgers.

Wisconsin -14 (2 units) WINNER

I personally think that UCLA can score 1,000 points this Saturday against Stanford. Maybe even that figure is low. I also expect some creativity from Jim Harbaugh the first year coach at Stanford and I look for this to be a fun game for some reason. I will take the Ovah!

UCLA/Stanford over 46.5 (2 units) WINNER

I looked at the Oklahoma game and I see that the Sooners are going to be missing their tailback. I see 41 points being offered to take North Texas. Truelly, the Sooners should beat N.Texas by as many points as they want to. I just think 41 points is worth looking at for the first game of the season and will give it a go.

North Texas +41 (1 unit) LOSER

I am an Illini fan and I am excited about the future for them. Until they show that they can compete I just don't believe in them. That being sain Missourri is not that much better, but I think they are better. This would be one that I would love to see Juice prove me wrong on.

Missourri -4 (1 unit) WINNER

Not a Husker fan even at home. Not a believer in Callahan and their new QB Keller was up and down at ASU. That all being said Nevada has to replace Rowe but I have been a huge fan of their offensive system. The Huskers should win at home but I like the points and Nevada.

Nevada +21.5 (1 unit) LOSS

I am going to go with a home play here and take Notre Dame at home as my bookie has this game at -1 and I like that value versus Georgia Tech. I was going to wait and see what kind of team the Irish will be this year but I think the home team is worth 1 unit.

Notre Dame -1 (1 unit) LOSS

I was looking at New Mexico as a play early but the problem is I haven't found enough good information on El Paso. At -3 I like the preseason forecast enough on New Mexico to make a play here. Plus Philly backed it.

New Mexico -3 (2 units) LOSER

Finally, and I hope to not add any more games but I can't resist on this game. I hate interstate rivalry games but I have long been a fan of Colorado's coach and ScoresandOdds has the Buffaloes as 12 point side. I am going to make this my biggest play of the weekend.

Colorado -2.5 (4 units) WINNNNNEEERRRRR!!!!!!!!

This one is a group play. That Cal/Tenn game last year had me so ticked off that I didn't play another Cal game all year. Hoping for some redemtion of my own and since we are almost all on this game, why not. I am a degenerate anyway.

Cal -6.5 (2 units) WINNER

A buddy of mine said this was his "play" of the day. And since he loses everything he touches I am going to take the opposite side, so it is a 100% winner for me!!

Iowa -12.5 (half unit) :thumbsup: WINNER

Miami -10 1st Half (2 units) WINNER

UCLA -10 1st Half (2 units) LOSER

West Virginia -14 1st Half (2 units) PUSHY

Thursday Night 8/30/07:

Tulsa at UL Monroe +4.5

Saturday 9/1/07:

Virginia at Wyoming +4.5

Connecticut at Duke +6

Missouri vs Illinois +5.5

Georgia Tech at Notre Dame -2.5

Tennessee at California -5.5

Monday Night 9/2/07

Florida State at Clemson +3

LSU -17

The Tigers have something to prove, and Miss State is still as awful as ever. I will be shocked if LSU doesn't double cover this line to start the year off. MSU won't hit double digits, and LSU should score at least 35.

Tulsa -4.5

The new coaching staff in town brings a great spread offense that should put up a ton of points, and QB Paul Smith is a perfect fit for it. They should light up the scoreboards and slaughter ULM.

Colorado -2.5

Dan Hawkins and this Buffaloes squad were absolutely embarassed last year, but son/QB Cody Hawkins is a baller and this team should really bounce back this year. A week one rivalry victory will do the trick.

Virginia -4.5

Al Groh's team is a sneaky pick early this season. They return most of their starters, and the defense will be dominating at times with Chris Long up front and a great set of 3-4 LBs. Wyoming will have a terrible time trying to score.

Connecticut -6

Come on, we're talking about Duke here. No reason to think this team can be anything less than awful just like every other year. UConn is actually building a respectable program, and Donald Brown II will run for a huge game as the Huskies roll.

Illinois +5

My week one upset special. I think the Big 12 is a bit overworked this year and will disappoint early. Zook has brought in a lot of big time recruits, and Juice Williams and Arrelious Benn will step onto the national scene in a big way with this home upset.

Georgia Tech +2.5

Notre Dame is an absolute joke this year. They will be lucky to make a bowl game. Literally the entire offense is gone, and even worse, the entire defense returns. If this same collection of talent went by any other name, Tech would be a ten point favorite.

Cal -5.5

The Bears were embarassed last year in Tennessee, and it's payback time. Longshore and DeSean Jackson are ready to light up the scoreboards, and Erik Ainge is ailing. Tennessee is due to fall apart this year, too many big question marks.

FSU -3

Papa Bowden and boys are back in a big way this year, and they'll show everyone on national TV Monday night. Clemson is not consistent enough yet, and new QB Cullen Harper cant possibly be ready in his first start to face such a swarming defense as this. Noles win big.

ND not even ranked :dunno:

:wub:

;)

:lol:

LSU -17

The Tigers have something to prove, and Miss State is still as awful as ever. I will be shocked if LSU doesn't double cover this line to start the year off. MSU won't hit double digits, and LSU should score at least 35.

Tulsa -4.5

The new coaching staff in town brings a great spread offense that should put up a ton of points, and QB Paul Smith is a perfect fit for it. They should light up the scoreboards and slaughter ULM.

Colorado -2.5

Dan Hawkins and this Buffaloes squad were absolutely embarassed last year, but son/QB Cody Hawkins is a baller and this team should really bounce back this year. A week one rivalry victory will do the trick.

Virginia -4.5

Al Groh's team is a sneaky pick early this season. They return most of their starters, and the defense will be dominating at times with Chris Long up front and a great set of 3-4 LBs. Wyoming will have a terrible time trying to score.

Connecticut -6

Come on, we're talking about Duke here. No reason to think this team can be anything less than awful just like every other year. UConn is actually building a respectable program, and Donald Brown II will run for a huge game as the Huskies roll.

Illinois +5

My week one upset special. I think the Big 12 is a bit overworked this year and will disappoint early. Zook has brought in a lot of big time recruits, and Juice Williams and Arrelious Benn will step onto the national scene in a big way with this home upset.

Georgia Tech +2.5

Notre Dame is an absolute joke this year. They will be lucky to make a bowl game. Literally the entire offense is gone, and even worse, the entire defense returns. If this same collection of talent went by any other name, Tech would be a ten point favorite.

Cal -5.5

The Bears were embarassed last year in Tennessee, and it's payback time. Longshore and DeSean Jackson are ready to light up the scoreboards, and Erik Ainge is ailing. Tennessee is due to fall apart this year, too many big question marks.

FSU -3

Papa Bowden and boys are back in a big way this year, and they'll show everyone on national TV Monday night. Clemson is not consistent enough yet, and new QB Cullen Harper cant possibly be ready in his first start to face such a swarming defense as this. Noles win big.

I love it!!! One page in and we already have a Notre Dame sucks or a Notre Dame should be ranked post. And we have a Juice Williams reference. I love college football.... Also, I am waiting for Philly to step in and take Miss St..... Mark that down that I called Philly taking the points.

just looking at the thursday games, only play i might make is LSU if i can get it to 17 pts probably. public is hammering lsu and the line has moved a point and a half to two points from the open. probably put a play in on thursday unless this line moves even more toward miss st and theres no value left.

it's finally here...the gambling season is upon us...

Haven't done any research yet but just a quick eyeballing tells me that I love G Tech laying the 2.5 to the Domers and Cal to stomp a mudhole in Tennessee for last year's fluke game

A couple things to keep in mind early in the year...

Play against new coaching staffs. It usually takes time to implement an offensive system, and it becomes more difficult if you are playing out of conference and trying to keep parts of your play calling under wraps until conference play.

Play against teams that lost a lot of starters. especially QBs and offensive linemen. Young teams struggle early.

Play on teams with a lot of starters returning. No explanation necessary, obviously.

Play against the betting public. They tend to rely on the past season's reputation of teams and memory of them playing. However, teams can change dramatically year to year. The oddsmaker knows this, the betting public is slower to catch on.

Starting to look over the games. Good luck to all in the upcoming season.

A couple things to keep in mind early in the year...

Play against new coaching staffs. It usually takes time to implement an offensive system, and it becomes more difficult if you are playing out of conference and trying to keep parts of your play calling under wraps until conference play.

Play against teams that lost a lot of starters. especially QBs and offensive linemen. Young teams struggle early.

Play on teams with a lot of starters returning. No explanation necessary, obviously.

Play against the betting public. They tend to rely on the past season's reputation of teams and memory of them playing. However, teams can change dramatically year to year. The oddsmaker knows this, the betting public is slower to catch on.

Starting to look over the games. Good luck to all in the upcoming season.

Told you all Philly will not be on LSU!!! Love ya Philly! :unsure:

Told you all Philly will not be on LSU!!! Love ya Philly! :mellow:

Not necessarily. I don't really like playing the high profile games. But I am looking more closely at Kent, Utah, and UL Monroe on Thursday. But the week is young. Time to put the research aside for the night.

There are three (3) games that I am looking at this week.

1) Arizona +5.5 over BYU

I love the Cats here. Yes, last year their offense was miserable. I look for that to change in a big way this year. When Tuitama is healthy he is one of the more dynamic QBs in the country. The problem was that he was banged up all of last season. Also, the offense was not very imaginative last year. That too will change, with the addition of Sonnie Dykes. He will open up the playbook for Willie this year and let him do some things. Tuitama should be able to spread the ball around to a good group of receivers.

While the offense of the Cats will definitely be improved, the defense was already tough last year. If I recall they were one of the top units in the Pac 10. With 10 starters back this year I think they will only be better. They will battle with UCLA to be the second toughest defense in the conference this year.

Although it is tough to win at BYU I think Zona has a good change. BYU has to replace their QB, RB, and leading receiver. Their defense returns 7 starters and will be tough again, although they lost their best player from that side of the ball as well.

This should be a tight game. I really like Arizona to cover and possibly pull the upset.

5 units on Arizona

2) UCLA -16.5 over Stanford

Defense. That really is all that needs to be said here. I think Stanford will have trouble putting any points on the board. They will want to start the season off with a bang in order to get momentum, and they should just tee off on a bad Stanford team.

If that isn't enough, the Bruins also have a veteran offense line and Markey at RB. The WRs aren't bad either, if Olson can get them the ball.

3 units on UCLA

The last game that I am looking closely at will be LSU/MSU. By all accounts LSU should run them right off the field. So much so that around 90% of the public is on LSU to cover. Right now this is the only thing that is keeping me from taking the Tigers. I will decide on this later this week.

Good luck to all!! :)

ND not even ranked :thumbsdown:

HA! scroter lame! they will make another bowl game on their name alone, and get exposed just like last year. how many bowl games have they lost in a row? i think it's 7.

I have no idea why Oregon State is not ranked in the top 25 coming into the season this year. I am going to start my own Yvenson Bernard Heisman watch right here, right now. Right now 77% of the betting public is on Oregon State and you can put me with the majority. This game is at Oregon State as well. I like this game to go 33-21 Beavers.

Oregon State -7 (2 units)

Yeah, how bout them Beavs!

Well, it is that time of the year once a again. Time to bet the kids college money for our own benefit. Time to get Philly drinking heavily again. And time to go find OGAR and bring him out of retirement. Time to find bouve so we can bet the opposite of all his picks.

15 Days from right now we will be glued to the television watching some college football.

So lets get the first week discussion thread going now!!! Lines are as current as of 8/18/07.

Thursday Night 8/30/07:

Buffalo at Rutgers -30.5

UNLV at Utah State +7

Tulsa at UL Monroe +4.5

Friday Night 8/31/07:

Navy at Temple +21

Hello all,

oh how i missed u guys and the college picks....i only bet on football...so along with playing FF, sports betting on football is the only sport i bet on n e how....i've been watching and reading u guys for the last 4 years or so getting advise and FF and reading all ur picks for college and NFL....this year i plan to do something crazy....IM GONNA FOLLOW ALL PICKS DITKA makes....

but for starters...i like tulsa, iowa state and of course LSU...come on miss state...

btw, i need to make my annual super bowl picks (2 teams from eeach conference) and 4 college teams to win the BCS

usually i pick 2 favorites and 2 sleepers....would like some of ur opinions????

good luck to everyone this season !!!!

Mississippi State with the biggest upset of the year on National TV Thurday Night! Oh I can't wait to hear those cowbells ringing in my ear, the feeling of jumping over the fence to tear down the goalposts. I can feel it now :banana:

Someone wake this guy up :lol:

Lay the 17, this will be ugly.

Only game stands out to me: Oklahoma State vs Georgia -6.5

Oklahoma St just doesn't have SEC caliber talent and Georgia is one of the better teams in the SEC. Georgia at home, by less than a TD, again an unranked non-SEC team? You won't find a better line.

Only game stands out to me: Oklahoma State vs Georgia -6.5

Oklahoma St just doesn't have SEC caliber talent and Georgia is one of the better teams in the SEC. Georgia at home, by less than a TD, again an unranked non-SEC team? You won't find a better line.

I tend to agree with you on this, although OSU does have a potent offense. Also, it remains to be seen whether Stafford is ready for the big time. With that being said, I would have a tough time going against the Dawgs in Athens in an opening game.

What websites does anyone use for there betting now. Is there one that is still reliable.

Its nice to see everyone back for another year. :music_guitarred:

ive found this to be a pretty good source for the first couple weeks of the college season, it hits on all the teams returning starters in the articles and the returning starters on offense are highlighted in bold on the right of each page. just go to the site and click "View all college teams"

http://www.blitzmag.com/nfl_teams_preview.html

Thursday Night 8/30/07:

Buffalo at Rutgers -30.5

UNLV at Utah State +7

Tulsa at UL Monroe +4.5

Friday Night 8/31/07:

Navy at Temple +21

Hello all,

oh how i missed u guys and the college picks....i only bet on football...so along with playing FF, sports betting on football is the only sport i bet on n e how....i've been watching and reading u guys for the last 4 years or so getting advise and FF and reading all ur picks for college and NFL....this year i plan to do something crazy....IM GONNA FOLLOW ALL PICKS DITKA makes....

but for starters...i like tulsa, iowa state and of course LSU...come on miss state...

btw, i need to make my annual super bowl picks (2 teams from eeach conference) and 4 college teams to win the BCS

usually i pick 2 favorites and 2 sleepers....would like some of ur opinions????

good luck to everyone this season !!!!

You killing me Smalls! Let's just hope I can turn some profits for a 5th year in a row on college football!

The NFL Super Bowl picks are always a crapshoot. If I had to play I would not bet on San Diego (Norv Turner will not win a Super Bowl). I also don't like Indy to repeat as they lost alot of talent from that team. So in the AFC I would say you have to consider New England as they did the most to take that next step. I also think Cincy could take that major leap. Take your pick on a sleeper there. In the NFC I know it is against the odds for a the Super Bowl loser to go back but I really think Chicago has the defense to do just that. I also think the Eagles could do well and I still don't believe in the Saints because of their defense.

Glad you asked about the BCS.

Talking preseason I think LSU vs USC in the national championship. I also think West Virginia could be there as they have the talent to run the table. My college sleepers this year would be Georgia and Oregon State. I think the Big 12 and Big 10 will beat each other up and take themself out of the running for the National Title.

Saturday 9/1/07:

Alabama-Birmingham at Michigan State -19.5

Appalachian State at Michigan

Youngstown State at Ohio State

Florida International at Penn State -38

East Carolina at Virginia Tech -24

Marshall at Miami -18

Northeastern at Northwestern

Looking over the Saturday games, the Marshall game stood out to me: I really like Miami giving the points here. Marshall got into this series about 6 or 7 years ago when they were sort of the princess at the ball in terms of producing guys like Pennington and later Leftwitch.

Since then, Marshall has fallen on pretty hard times. Coaching staff is two years old. Camp was a disaster this summer and the team emerged with no real identity. Lost a couple key guys to injury and a couple to the law. Going down to the Orange Bowl the first game of the year is going to be a wake up call for alot of kids, considering a good number of them were playing high school ball last fall.

I like Miami to just take over this game from the first whistle and completely shut down the Herd.

ive found this to be a pretty good source for the first couple weeks of the college season, it hits on all the teams returning starters in the articles and the returning starters on offense are highlighted in bold on the right of each page. just go to the site and click "View all college teams"

http://www.blitzmag.com/nfl_teams_preview.html

What I was getting at is is anyone using online betting anymore and if so which websites

What I was getting at is is anyone using online betting anymore and if so which websites

World Sports Exchange (www.wsex.com) for me. Of course, now I have to send a money gram to some place I have never heard of before in my life. Will be doing that tomorrow, so I can take advantage of Ditka's Thursday picks.

World Sports Exchange (www.wsex.com) for me. Of course, now I have to send a money gram to some place I have never heard of before in my life. Will be doing that tomorrow, so I can take advantage of Ditka's Thursday picks.

I guess I was happy and kind of surprised that is it a Florida address. I didn't really want to be questioned about some money gram I am sending to Costa Rica or some small Island in the pacific.

Updated plays:

LSU, I agree that the early line looks like a favorable play even with LSU on the road. Many are picking LSU to be in the national title game and this could be the early statement to back it up. I think other than USC this team has the most talent on both sides of the ball in the country.

Head to Head: LSU are 9-1 ATS in their last 10 meetings.

LSU -18 (2 units)

Even though Iowa State finished last in the Big 12 North last season I think they are going to come out, at home, a step ahead of Kent State.

78% of the public is betting on Iowa State right now.

Iowa State -3.5 (1 unit)

Oregon State -7 (2 units)

I think I am going to go with a play based off of last season. UL-Monroe was terrible and finished the season with like 7 straight losses to some pathetic teams. Tulsa on the other hand has a pretty solid running game and this line doesn't really scare me off. Tulsa is 11-3 ATS in their last 14 road games.

Tulsa -3 (3 units)

I really like the over 40.5 between Virginia Tech and East Carolina. NOT because I think this will be a close game I just don't want to lay -28 on a defensive team. East Carolina's starting QB is suspended and their starter hasn't thrown a college pass and he is going to Va Tech against that Defense in that House??? I think the Hoakies will stomp a mudhole in their azzes and be in mop up by the 3rd quarter. I like the total points best in this game.

Va Tech/East Carolina over 40.5 (3 units)

I like UAB on the road against Michigan State. Michigan State has always been a tough gamble as they have been so up and down. Scores and Odds has the game favoring the Spartans by 13 so the 21.5 line has some value. UAB could just win this game period in my opinion.

UAB +21.5 (1 unit)

I think Washington State is set up to get just WHACKED at Wisconsin. WASU is 0-5 in the last few season openers and they return a few starters on offense including QB Alex Brink. Wisconsin on the other hand has a ton of expectation. For 14 points at home for a top 10 preseason team in the country against a team picked to finish 8th or 9th in the Pac 10 there is value with the Badgers.

Wisconsin -14 (2 units)

I personally think that UCLA can score 1,000 points this Saturday against Stanford. Maybe even that figure is low. I also expect some creativity from Jim Harbaugh the first year coach at Stanford and I look for this to be a fun game for some reason. I will take the Ovah!

UCLA/Stanford over 46.5 (2 units)

I looked at the Oklahoma game and I see that the Sooners are going to be missing their tailback. I see 41 points being offered to take North Texas. Truelly, the Sooners should beat N.Texas by as many points as they want to. I just think 41 points is worth looking at for the first game of the season and will give it a go.

North Texas +41 (1 unit)

I am an Illini fan and I am excited about the future for them. Until they show that they can compete I just don't believe in them. That being sain Missourri is not that much better, but I think they are better. This would be one that I would love to see Juice prove me wrong on.

Missourri -4 (1 unit)

Not a Husker fan even at home. Not a believer in Callahan and their new QB Keller was up and down at ASU. That all being said Nevada has to replace Rowe but I have been a huge fan of their offensive system. The Huskers should win at home but I like the points and Nevada.

Nevada +21.5 (1 unit)

There are alot of games that I am saying "wait and see" on because after I search around I say "push". So I am not posting an opinion on them.

Hey Philly any early write up for tommorows game?? I was wondering if u had anything bc i am busy tommorow soo i have followed your picks for the past two years. THanks

Who the action is on....

Thursday

Miami OH 69% over Ball St

Rutgers 76% over Buffalo

LSU 85% over Miss St

Iowa St 73% over Kent

Utah St 54% over UNLV

Oregon St 68% over Utah

Tulsa 60% over UL Monroe

Friday

Navy 92% over Temple

Washington 61% over Syracuse

Just posting this mostly as a reference, as I will bookmark for later reference, as I have lost some papers in the past.

Football final stats.

College Football Overall: 278-212-8; +77.5 units

Subset: 2 unit plays or higher: 112-82-2; +45.45 units

Subset: 4 unit plays or higher: 5-2-1; +15.25 units

Subset: Bowl games: 15-10-2; +5.5 units

College Football Overall: 277-237-6; +62.17 units

Subset: 2 units plays or higher: 148-117-2; +71.67 units

Subset: Bowl games: 21-13; +20.15 units

2007 so far

Arena Football: 19-15; +7.35 units

NFL Preseason: 20-17-1; +3.55 units

It's been a couple of nice years; I simply can't find my paperwork for previous years, and acknowledge that I've struggled a bit in the NFL. Just trying to grind out a small profit, and stay ahead of the juice. Follow the picks at your own risk. Looks like the loyal Hurricane Ditka fans are out in force this year, which is good news. Less pressure on me.

Good luck to all this year. Good luck to any that follow any of our resident handicappers.

I'll post a few Thursday games in a few minutes, with some writeups.