Sign in to follow this  
ArsonIsFun

My First Time Playing FF - Starter help/Roster Advice?

Hi,

I decided to finally take the plunge and join a 12 person company league. I'm very green at this, so I could use any advice people have.

Here my 1st week setup

QB Vince Young

WR Chad Johnson

WR Lee Evans

RB Joseph Addai

RB Marshawn Lynch

W/T Jerricho Cotchery

W/R Eddie Kennison

K Jeff Wilkins

D San Diego

BN Brandon Jackson

BN Kellen Winslow

BN Rex Grossman

BN Michael Pittman (I don't know why I took him, just wanted another RB for Bye Week)

I was planning on seeing how Brandon Jackson and Kellen Winslow do and then sub them in for Cotchery/Kennsion depending. League is 4pts for Passing TDs, so I wasn't too concerned with top QB pick. My picks by round below.

1. (5) Joseph Addai

2. (20) Marshawn Lynch

3. (29) Chad Johnson

4. (44) Lee Evans

5. (53) Vince Young

6. (68) Brandon Jackson

7. (77) San Diego

8. (92) Kellen Winslow

9. (101) Jerricho Cotchery

10. (116) Jeff Wilkins

11. (125) Eddie Kennison

12. (140) Rex Grossman

13. (149) Michael Pittman

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help! :thumbsdown:

Why Cotch or Kennison over Jackson? (if healthy that is)

Real nice first effort. I don't see any problem with Pittman. He is the starting Fullback, catches the ball well, and replacing a TD vulture in Alstott! They also released his primary competition yesterday.

Why Cotch or Kennison over Jackson? (if healthy that is)

Real nice first effort. I don't see any problem with Pittman. He is the starting Fullback, catches the ball well, and replacing a TD vulture in Alstott! They also released his primary competition yesterday.

I was thinking of putting in Jackson over Kennison, but I wasn't really positive how good he's looking.

Also - Kevin Curtis is free, I'm thinking it might be worth picking up him, but I'm not sure where I'd cut. I've heard Kennison isn't looking as hot this year, so maybe swap them ...

Thanks! :doublethumbsup:

I was thinking of putting in Jackson over Kennison, but I wasn't really positive how good he's looking.

Also - Kevin Curtis is free, I'm thinking it might be worth picking up him, but I'm not sure where I'd cut. I've heard Kennison isn't looking as hot this year, so maybe swap them ...

Thanks! :doublethumbsup:

Eddie is still a #1 and Curtis a #2 on a new squad. I wouldn't jump on that quite yet.

KC won't be as high powered an offense as they used to be, but Kennison is still a solid fourth receiver.

I don't know how your league is scored, but you might see if Winslow will score as high as the available WRs. If not, dump him since you don't have to play a TE. But if he is comparable to the WR, then don't, obviously.

I'm not sold on your QBs, but overall you did pretty well for a newbie. Have fun, and the best way to learn FF is to play.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=283542

I would start Brandon Jackson instead of Eddie Kennison.

KC is a run first team and Bowe will also steal catches from Kennison, while Morency is still injured and Jackson will be the clear #1 in GB at least for week 1.

Jericho Cotchery is OK at this flex spot. If you don't need to start a TE I agree with radio_cures, cut him if the WRs on WW bring in more points than him.