Sign in to follow this  
Borat33

Vince Young - Week 2

Well he was mediocre last week against a tough JAX D and this week faces an improved Indy unit. When I drafted him I was looking forward to throwing him out there against the Colts but now...not so much. So are you guys featuring him or looking elsewhere? I am undecided as of yet/

I'm actually sitting him for grossman. I like vince, but he may be forcing things playign to colts to keep up. Grossman wasnt a disaster vs SD, he will ahve an easier time vs. KC

I'm starting him this week over Hasslebeck. I like the fact that he will have to carry the team on his back to compete with Indy this week.

I'm probably starting him over Eli. I drafted him to be my #1 QB and things have not changed, I don't give up after one game. Jax has been a consistent good DEF, I'm not sold on Indy's DEF being that good yet. If Young is below average this week we will see from there.

I'm starting Colts DST this week!

Vince managed all of 78 passing yards last week.

The Colts shut down DREW BREES last week.

You do the math...

And their defense is super fast so Vince won't find much running room either...

With a healthy Bob Sanders, Indy DST might be back to a top 5 unit this year like they were 2 seasons ago!

I'm probably starting him over Eli. I drafted him to be my #1 QB and things have not changed, I don't give up after one game. Jax has been a consistent good DEF, I'm not sold on Indy's DEF being that good yet. If Young is below average this week we will see from there.

I got the same squad Grizzly at qb and i'm keeping my fingers crossed for Eli, I'm buying the indy d hype. they were good at the beginning of last year too. Vince won't have a bad game but i think Eli will have a better one, especially if he's already practicing.

I'm most likely benching him for Big Ben. I hate to bench the guy I took first two weeks in a row, but I like Ben's match up a little more.

Going VY over Schaub this week. Hoping for a couple of rushing TD's.

Mike Damone....nice. :shocking: Got any tix to the Van Halen show?

Mike Damone....nice. :unsure: Got any tix to the Van Halen show?

No, I don't have any Van Halen (or Blue Oyster Cult). I had 34 pair last time around. Where were you? I was this close to working at 7 Eleven you know.

I'm playing him over Boller/McNair

I'm in the same situaiton. I just picked up Boller. I'm actually thinking of playing Boller this week. I don't know why i think Mark Clayton will be good. First it's a high ankle sprain, now it's a big toe. Reminds me of Deion Sanders before he retired. remember his toe issues?

it's either young or JP Losman for me this week and Losman doesn't look like much. It's sort of a no win situation.

I will start him when i know he can actually throw the ball not just run with it .

cause not being able to throw the ball certainly hurt vick in FF...... oh wait he was #3 last year, and was always a top 10 fantasy QB when healthy, your theory sucks.

I'm going to start him this week in a league that scores 4 for passing TDs and 6 for rushing TDs. Colts are on the road and not likely to duplicate the domination they pulled off last week.

Absolutely starting him. That has as much to do with my other QB being Alex Smith as it does with the fact that he should bounce back nicely this week.

Starting VY over Bulger... but my league has a payout for the team with the highest rushing totals from your starters, no matter what position.

Debating Father Time Favre over VY this week, but I'm compelled to leave Vince in there so I don't miss the big week...he basically plays "Tackle the Man" every week, which looks ugly as hell, but so far he's the guy nobody can totally shut down. Lot to be said for that...

You do the math...

With a healthy Bob Sanders, Indy DST might be back to a top 5 unit this year like they were 2 seasons ago!

Good point, although VY is not Brees and vice versa. Can't compare the two, because you have to use different defensive schemes to shut down an athlete like VY compared to a pocket passer in Brees. It'll be interesting to see how Indy does against VY, but I hope he burns them this Sunday.

Seriously considering benching Vince for ... none other than Brett Favre

Favre should have a good match against G-MEN.

thats what im doing....and im a Titans homer

cause not being able to throw the ball certainly hurt vick in FF...... oh wait he was #3 last year, and was always a top 10 fantasy QB when healthy, your theory sucks.

Vick was running for 80 - 100 and passing for at least 150 plus 1 -2 TD . Young cant pass over 100 and runs for 30 - 40 , Young is nt even the passer Vick was ( which was nt much but still ).

You do the math...

Trust me, I don't think Bob Sanders will have a big effect on VY. Maybe on Lendale/Brown, but if you saw the game in Nashville last year, Vince ran all over that team. He broke Bob Sanders ankles on multiple occasions. It seemed like every 3rd down Vince would scramble 8-9 yards for the first.

Sanders may disrupt Vince in the passing game, but I don't see them shutting down his rushing yards.

VY is nothing more than a QB2 to be used in favorable matchups only. This is NOT a favorable matchup. Indy's DEF is pretty good, but more importantly, their offense is going to put alot of points on the board, meaning TEN will be playing from behind the whole game. VYs strength is running, so he's going to have to pass the ball to keep up. He's not a very good passer, but if you disagree with that, he has no weapons to throw the ball to. He'll likely make mistakes. I expect little production and more INTs than TDs from him. I'd look elsewhere if you have other options.

Young's stats from last year games vs. Indy

Game 1 - 10 of 21, 63 yds passing, 4 Rushes, 43 yds, 1TD

In most systems that would have been about 12 points.

Game 2 - 15 of 25, 163 yds passing, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 9 rushes, 78 yds

In most systems that would have been 19 points.

I would start him over Grossman for the simple fact you never know what you are going to get from Grossman. Too much of a gamble. At least with Young you know you will get somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-15 points with his passing and running. AND YES, I think he will get that vs. the Indy defense.

Young's stats from last year games vs. Indy

Game 2 - 15 of 25, 163 yds passing, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 9 rushes, 78 yds

That's all I needed to see. In my league that 27 points.

I am assuming that game was in Tennesee. I was actually consisdering starting Losman or Grossman over him. I am definitely on the VY bandwagon and think he will put up Monster #'s this season. Jax owns him. Last week was an abberation. Didn't TB and Car shut down Vick often in the past?

Fok it - I am starting VY. I drafted him to be my #1 QB. Of course when your other options are Losman, Grossman, (who both actually maight be good plays this week) etc it makes the decision a lot easier.

I am hoping for 60-80 yards rushing, 1 TD and 175-225 yards passing, 1TD.

Geez, you're not hoping for much.... LOL, NO WAY he comes even close to those numbers...

I'm starting VY over Lienart this week for the simple fact that Lienart looked lost against the vaunted SF D. VY can't do any worse that Lienart.

Geez, you're not hoping for much.... LOL, NO WAY he comes even close to those numbers...

Like I said... hoping. And in my opinion they are not out of the question at all. He will have some monster fantasy games this year.

QUOTE(Perennial Contender @ Sep 14 2007, 04:07 PM)

Not even close huh? 184 passing, 1 TD and 53 rushing, O TD. Almost dead on slappy..........

Glad I started Favre over him. If I started Vince I would of lost. :thumbsdown:

But he will be in my lineup against the Saints next week. :overhead: