Sign in to follow this  
fanfootballtn

Official Ask for Advice Thread

I need to start 2 RB's. I was think Westbrook for sure, then didn't know between Henry or Lamont. Lamont has a good matchup with Cleveland but sitting T Henry is hard to do.

Sorry I misunderstood you. Yes Lamont has a great match up and they are at home as well. But I agree, Henry is hard to sit however I cant stand Shanny the Whammy. He is like playing on the old game "press your luck" I think Henry might have a slight edge because the Titans ran all over the Jags and Denver will do the same. They are at home as well and thats a long way from Jacksonville plus the climate is different in those mountains opposed to the sunny beach.

All:

I have been offered Reggie Wayne and Marques Colston for Larry Johnson and Deion Branch. I'm good at RB, with Westbrook, Edge, and Cadillac, but really need a great receiver to go with Randy Moss...Should I pull the trigger on this? We are a point per reception league.

Any advice from the experts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Michael Tschirret

MLynch for RBrown and SMcDonald ?

should i do the trade? i can start 2 RB and 3WR so lynch is usually benched. i would rather have BMarshall so i am thinking about countering for Marshall, but do you think that might be asking too much? i was also thinking that i can grab brown then retrade brown for a better WR? or maybe i should try and grab one of his WR and offer more? any adivce would be helpful. THANKS !

QB - MBulger, JCutler

WR - ChJohnson, SMoss, JGalloway, GJennings, DHenderson

RB - SJackson, EJames, MLynch, FTaylor, JNorwood

TE - THeap

K - MStover

D - Oakland (WW)

QB - JKitna

WR - TOwnes, CaJohnson, DDriver, VJackson, BMarshall, SMcDonald

RB - FGore, DWard, RBrown, BJacobs, LBetts

TE - JKing

K -JWilkins

D - Chicago

Here's my dilemna/issue...my running backs are -

1. Steven Jackson (failed me for the first two weeks but definite keeper and hopefully will pick up steam just like last year).

2. Maurice Jones Drew (also failing me)

3. Julius Jones (bench) - a bust due to Marion Barber

4. Tatum Bell (bench) - a bust with Kevin Jones returning (possibly)

Sammy Morris and Deshawn Wynn are both available in my league and I have a #5 waiver order so I could likely get one of them (I might lean toward Sammy Morris because Vernan Morency is due back for the Packers sometime). While they're both #2 backs just like Julius Jones and Tatum Bell...would you drop either of those two in favor of one of the new guys? I'm not sure but there is a rumor that MJD may be hurt or got Xrays or something so now I'm in more trouble. I'm 0-2 yet have the 4th highest point total and am going up against the #1 team...in other words I'm likely to fall to 0-3 before playing easier opponents and starting a winning record. I need better running backs. I'm willing to help you out too if you need it.

Also, in another league, I just noticed that Cadillac Williams, Warrick Dunn, LenDale White, Deshaun Wynn, and Sammie Morris are still available. Who would you try to pick up?

All:

I have been offered Reggie Wayne and Marques Colston for Larry Johnson and Deion Branch. I'm good at RB, with Westbrook, Edge, and Cadillac, but really need a great receiver to go with Randy Moss...Should I pull the trigger on this? We are a point per reception league.

Any advice from the experts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Michael Tschirret

I think that is a good offer to have Westbrook, Edge, Cadillac, Wayne, Moss and Colston as a line up. I would do it. LJ may not have a better year than Wayne fantasy wise. He is the Colts #1 receiver this year.

MLynch for RBrown and SMcDonald ?

should i do the trade? i can start 2 RB and 3WR so lynch is usually benched. i would rather have BMarshall so i am thinking about countering for Marshall, but do you think that might be asking too much? i was also thinking that i can grab brown then retrade brown for a better WR? or maybe i should try and grab one of his WR and offer more? any adivce would be helpful. THANKS !

QB - MBulger, JCutler

WR - ChJohnson, SMoss, JGalloway, GJennings, DHenderson

RB - SJackson, EJames, MLynch, FTaylor, JNorwood

TE - THeap

K - MStover

D - Oakland (WW)

QB - JKitna

WR - TOwnes, CaJohnson, DDriver, VJackson, BMarshall, SMcDonald

RB - FGore, DWard, RBrown, BJacobs, LBetts

TE - JKing

K -JWilkins

D - Chicago

I wouldnt trade Lynch for Brown. He hasnt proved anything since he has been in the NFL. Chatman is threating to take his spot so he might be dead meat sitting on your bench. I would go after Jacobs if anything. If not then just hold tight because Lynch might surprise teams this year.

Here's my dilemna/issue...my running backs are -

1. Steven Jackson (failed me for the first two weeks but definite keeper and hopefully will pick up steam just like last year).

2. Maurice Jones Drew (also failing me)

3. Julius Jones (bench) - a bust due to Marion Barber

4. Tatum Bell (bench) - a bust with Kevin Jones returning (possibly)

Sammy Morris and Deshawn Wynn are both available in my league and I have a #5 waiver order so I could likely get one of them (I might lean toward Sammy Morris because Vernan Morency is due back for the Packers sometime). While they're both #2 backs just like Julius Jones and Tatum Bell...would you drop either of those two in favor of one of the new guys? I'm not sure but there is a rumor that MJD may be hurt or got Xrays or something so now I'm in more trouble. I'm 0-2 yet have the 4th highest point total and am going up against the #1 team...in other words I'm likely to fall to 0-3 before playing easier opponents and starting a winning record. I need better running backs. I'm willing to help you out too if you need it.

Also, in another league, I just noticed that Cadillac Williams, Warrick Dunn, LenDale White, Deshaun Wynn, and Sammie Morris are still available. Who would you try to pick up?

JJ and Bell have the worst downside to me. JJ wont be in the red zone none this year. I read something yesterday about phillips saying Barber does "special" things in the red zone but JJ also does good things for the teams so thats why JJ is the starter. In other words JJ bakes the cake, light the candles, and Barber blows them out. Its a matter of time before Bell is in a RBCC. THe Lions didnt active Jones for nothing. Wynn is in the worst RBCC with Morency and Jackson but he has out performed them both. Thats tought to call but Morris will take Maroney's spot if he gets hurt. I really dont think he is fully recovered. He is running very "careful" in my opinion not hitting the holes hard. One good hit and he is out for the season. Im not saying drop those guys but they arent in better positions as the starters as of now. MJD still has an upside once Del Rio is forced to use him like he did last year. His job is on the line and he has to produce a winning season so be patient with MJD.