Sign in to follow this  
ghost168

***Official Week 3 College Football Wagering Thread***

Where do you get a line for the Hawaii game??

Cant find one on vip-sports or on gameday??

Few offer it because of how lopsided the matchup is.

Under is tempting.

Screw it. A unit on Under 24.

Have money to burn thanks to Yer Mom's Purdue-Minnesota Over 71. Hit for the game and I also grabbed Over 33 for the 2nd half (hit early in the 4th). Neither defense can stop anything.

Would like to say that it's been a good night, but I lost three other non-posted plays including a heartbreaker in the USC game. Had Over 63.5. It went to 61 with 11 minutes left. USC was on the Wash St. 8 yard line and greedy fvcking Pete Carroll felt the need to have his backup QB pass for the interception. Game ended with 61.

Also lost the 2nd half on the Marshall-Cincy game because they went scoreless in the 3rd quarter and time ran out with Marshall on the Cincy 2 yard line (which would have given me a push)! :shrug:

Good luck to all!

:dunno:

:dunno:

Todays plays:

Florida -23 - Way too dominant right now and in a great offensive sync. Need to lay the smacketh for rankings as well LOSER

West Virginia TEAM TOTAL OVER 42.5 - Theyve had alot of time off since Maryland, and theyve dropped in the rankings. Another game where Rich Rodriguez runs up the score. WINNER

Kentucky TEAM TOTAL OVER 30.5 - I dont get this, but im definately playing it. Kentucky has scored 56 and 40 respectively and Arkansas has given up 26 to Troy and 41 to Alabama. Kentucky has a better and more balanced offense than both, easy play. WINNER

Washington +6 - UCLA should get it back together a bit tonight, but Willingham should be ready to cover here.

USC TEAM TOTAL OVER 44.5 - Washington State allowed the always brutal and impossible to stop Idaho Vandal offense to score 28 on them last week at home. Im quite certain USC wont have a problem scoring just 17 more at home. WINNER

ADDED PLAYS:

LSU -17 LOSER

Minnesota/Purdue OVER 70 WINNER

Minnesota/Purdue OVER 33 2nd half (My apologies, didnt post this one) WINNER

Good luck!!

Washington remaining, should be a winner based on watching the first half though, update later. Looks like large day!!

Good luck!!

Philly thought you were going to take some 2nd half lines

My book didn't release lines that late in the day. Probably in my best interest.

First off, i want to say I suck arse and reached like HD, but I didn't win

That said - here is to the pain

Before this weeknd

NCAA YTD 13-12 +9 units.

This week

Miami first half -.5 2 units winner

Oklahoma 1st half -13.5 2 units winner

OK over 66 2 units winner

now for the sucking

Nebraska -22.5 Ball State 2 units LOSER

TTech -6 @ Oky State 2 units LOSER

Ttech second half pick em 12 units my stoopid bet LOSER

GT -3.5 Virginia 2 units LOSER

Houston -7 CSU 2 units YAY alma mater

Purdue -13.5 Minnesota 2 units YAY even with freaking errors

DUMB 6 Team parlay 1 unit LOSER

Indiana +2.5 2 units LOSER followed

Fla -13.5 @ Ole Miss 2 units LOSER followed

Fla -13 second half 3 units LOSER - even dumber, and my own stupidity

wisc -4 second half 5 units YAY

TCU -10 second half SMU 3 units LOSER reaching even more

Oregon -17 2 units YAY

Oregon 2nd half -10 5 units YAY

In all, I never did bet WV, friend talked me out of it

I made a really bad reach bet with TTech 2nd half, without looking at game,

gentleman - I can no longer be trusted with making picks I dropped 10 units, all due to the TTech bet. I am going back to my grinding style where I make 3-4 bets and then play selected halves.

Unsure if I will even bet NFL this weekend.

currently

NCAA YTD 21-21 0 units.

wiped all my ups away on one weekend.

going to bed boys - good luck

YTD

NCAA 33-27-2 (+6.65 units)

NFL 19-14 (+4.1 units)

NCAA Plays

Oklahoma -14 1st Half (2 units) WIN

Oklahoma/Tulsa under 68 (2 units) LOSS

Oklahoma over 45 (3 units) WIN

Indiana +3 LOSS

Baylor -3 WIN

Alabama -3.5 LOSS

Penn State -2.5 (5 units) LOSS!!!!!

Georgia Tech -3 (8 units) LOSS!!!!!!!!!

East Carolina +24.5 LOSS

Kentucky +7 (3 units) WIN

Ohio +4 WIN

Rice +38.5 LOSS

South Carolina +18 WIN

Arizona +14 LOSS

Utah -8 (3 units) LOSS

Oregon -17 WIN

Oregon State +12 PUSH

Michigan State -11 (3 units) WIN

Tennessee -19 WIN

Air Force +11.5 (2 units) LOSS

Wisconsin -7 (4 units) LOSS

CenFLorida ML (3 units) WIN

Florida -14 1st half LOSS

Washington +6 LOSS

South Florida -13 (3 units) WIN

Texas Tech -3.5 1st half (3 units) WIN

Kentucky over 30.5 and over 29.5 (10 & 5 units) WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!!

Wisconsin over 25.5 (2 units) LOSS

Mario Manningham over 4 receptions (4 units) WIN

Northwestern over 12.5 LOSS

Washington over 20 (2 units) WIN

Michigan State over 27 (2 units) WIN

South Carolina over 14 (2 units) WIN

Jake Locker over 15 completions WIN

NFL Plays

Indy Colts -6 (2 units)

SD Chargers -5

KC Chiefs -2.5

Pats/Bills over 41

Den Broncos -3

Cincy Bengals +3

Carolina Panthers -4 (2 units)

Dallas/Chicago under 41

The record today was not great with some key losses like Georgia Tech. But the Kentucky game proved to be the difference maker for me today (and last night).

19-15-1 on the day, +15.2 units.

YTD

NCAA 52-42-3 (+21.85 units)

Fool me once, blah. Fool me twice, you know...

Teams to avoid the rest of the season:

Oklahoma State

Fresno State

new addition: UCLA

My own team, the team I root for week in and week out. When I apply any logic to these............ :overhead: focks, they fockin bury me. Bet on em, lose. Bet against em, lose. Bet they will score, lose. bet they wont, lose. Fock Karl Dorrell. I gave Willingham too much credit I guess, he and Dorrell can go play pattycake in traffic for all I care. Phags.

Good luck!!

Fool me once, blah. Fool me twice, you know...

Teams to avoid the rest of the season:

Oklahoma State

Fresno State

new addition: UCLA

My own team, the team I root for week in and week out. When I apply any logic to these............ :overhead: focks, they fockin bury me. Bet on em, lose. Bet against em, lose. Bet they will score, lose. bet they wont, lose. Fock Karl Dorrell. I gave Willingham too much credit I guess, he and Dorrell can go play pattycake in traffic for all I care. Phags.

Good luck!!

You can stick Utah and Georgia Tech into that category. How does Utah bounce UCLA then lose to UNLV? Done with them for the year. Washington was an early hot pick and will crash on someones season in one or two games this year and that is about it.

Overall NCAA: 51-40-2; +9.25 units

Subset: NCAA 2 units or higher: 33-36-1; +6.55 units

Subset 1st H or 2nd H plays: 7-3; +7.25 units

CFL: 28-20; +18.3 units

Saturday. Subject to change. For 1 unit unless indicated otherwise. In time order. Stupid hangover.

Early

Temple (+21.5) for 2 units WINNER

North Carolina (+13) LOSER

Indiana (+2) for 3 units LOSER

Ball St (+23) WINNER

Navy (-13.5) for 2 units LOSER

Air Force (+11.5) LOSER

Wyoming (-4) for 3 units LOSER

Miami OH (+12.5) LOSER

Penn St (-2.5) for 3 units LOSER

Oklahoma St (+6) WINNER

Wake Forest (-3.5) for 3 units WINNER

LSU (-17.5) for 2 units LOSER

Central Florida (-7) for 3 units WINNER

Houston (-7) WINNER

Northern Illinois (+3.5) WINNER

Buffalo (+3) LOSER

Arizona (+14) for 2 units LOSER

Arkansas (-6.5) LOSER

Night

Arkansas St (+19.5) for 3 units LOSER

Connecticut (+9) for 3 units WINNER

UL Lafayette (+9) LOSER

North Texas (+7) LOSER

Adding: New Mexico St (+16.5) for 2 units LOSER

Cincinnati (-24.5) WINNER

Alabama (-3.5) for 3 units LOSER

Iowa (+7) WINNER

SMU (+23.5) WINNER

UNLV (+7.5) for 3 units WINNER

Oregon St (+11) LOSER

CFL

(7:05 PM EST) British Columbia (+1) for 3 units WINNER

Good luck to all.

Bad day.

All games: 12-17; -13.1

2 units or higher: 5-9; -11.3

CFL: 1-0; +3.0 units

Overall NCAA: 63-57-2; -3.85 units

Subset: NCAA 2 units or higher: 38-35-1; -4.75 units

CFL: 29-20; +21.3 units

I feel like an assh0le, being down units at this point in the season. I promise to work harder to get back in the positive numbers. Also, the CFL picks are back on track.

Since greyhounds is not around I will address some of his statements.

First, his early games today don't count as he posted them when they were in the 3rd quarter. His late games he posted I think he went 3-1 so not too bad. Funny though how he vanishes after claiming he was all over the Kentucky under fading me on that pick. Here is the bottom line and I want all that lurk and all that ride some of our picks to read.

We are not trained, professional gamblers. This thread is not to claim anyones expertise or genious. I do not offer advice on how to bet or how much to bet. For the last 5 years now I have posted the picks I am playing. My style has changed, my bet sizes have changed. In the past I would play 5-7 games a weekend at $100-$150 a pop. I have had 1 losing season and 4 winning seasons in the previous 5 years. And I haven't reloaded a gambling account in 17 months now. I post my record, take my losses and celebrate the wins.

This thread is to each their own. But I would like to say that this is a group of guys that I really respect because we all do a great job at pointing out plays whether we agree or disagree. Guys like Philly and I have been playing along with a ton of followers and that puts some pressure on us to do some homework to not look stupid. But we lose too! That all being said I think everyone in here is solid and I have grown to make this group a part of my college football season that I look forward to every year. A great thanks should go to FFToday for allowing us to make this our forum and being a great host. By my count our college football thread is around 30,000 hits in 4 weeks. That is what it is all about.

I think if greyhounds wants to change that way he joins along, he can be provide some welcomed advice on leans. If not I say from this point forward we simply ignore the ignorance.

Props fellas, more to come the rest of the season!!!!

Bad day.

I feel like an assh0le, being down units at this point in the season. I promise to work harder to get back in the positive numbers. Also, the CFL picks are back on track.

Best advice right now, RIDE YER MOM!!! It may be his turn this year to be on fire. I mean has he been red hot.

You can stick Utah and Georgia Tech into that category. How does Utah bounce UCLA then lose to UNLV? Done with them for the year. Washington was an early hot pick and will crash on someones season in one or two games this year and that is about it.

Ive figured out over the past 3 years the safest/most predictable teams are:

USC

Hawaii

Texas Tech (pretty much just the over)

Oklahoma

West Virginia

So I buy the College football package every year, I live on the West Coast and figure to get late PAC 10 games since that would seem to be common sense, since I live in freakin Cali. Tonights schedule....

Channels:

601- nothing

602- nothing

603- nothing

604- nothing

605- nothing

:overhead:

All I want is the AZ State/Oregon State game so I can play the over for entertainment purposes, easily got there. But hey! My Bruins cant let me down for an 18th straight time right! Its a numbers game, im due! :nono:

Never again.

My friend sends me a text photo earlier, didnt bother to look until 10 minutes ago. Its a shot from the front row at the Rose Bowl that says Go Bruins! :first: I might have to phillybear her.

NFL tomorrow im taking 10 point teasers, otherwise ill lose because.................cause ill lose

Good luck!!

First, his early games today don't count as he posted them when they were in the 3rd quarter.

To be fair, that is a common occurance. People posting their plays and records after the games started. But I'm not one to complain. Especially since I suck ass this year.

First, his early games today don't count as he posted them when they were in the 3rd quarter. His late games he posted I think he went 3-1 so not too bad. Funny though how he vanishes after claiming he was all over the Kentucky under fading me on that pick. Here is the bottom line and I want all that lurk and all that ride some of our picks to read.

We are not trained, professional gamblers. This thread is not to claim anyones expertise or genious. I do not offer advice on how to bet or how much to bet. For the last 5 years now I have posted the picks I am playing. My style has changed, my bet sizes have changed. In the past I would play 5-7 games a weekend at $100-$150 a pop. I have had 1 losing season and 4 winning seasons in the previous 5 years. And I haven't reloaded a gambling account in 17 months now. I post my record, take my losses and celebrate the wins.

This thread is to each their own. But I would like to say that this is a group of guys that I really respect because we all do a great job at pointing out plays whether we agree or disagree. Guys like Philly and I have been playing along with a ton of followers and that puts some pressure on us to do some homework to not look stupid. But we lose too! That all being said I think everyone in here is solid and I have grown to make this group a part of my college football season that I look forward to every year. A great thanks should go to FFToday for allowing us to make this our forum and being a great host. By my count our college football thread is around 30,000 hits in 4 weeks. That is what it is all about.

I think if greyhounds wants to change that way he joins along, he can be provide some welcomed advice on leans. If not I say from this point forward we simply ignore the ignorance.

Props fellas, more to come the rest of the season!!!!

Brilliantly said, anyone with a brain would agree and the majority of the posters in this thread are of above average intelligence.

Best place for wagering posts, best minds behind it. And hey......theres no charge!!!

Good luck!!

Hammered and going to sleep now, just want to say to the kids out there...

Pay close attention to Andre Woodson, this might be the only college football QB with a spur of the moment working brain ive ever seen. When the defense is offsides and you have a free play...

THROW IT TO THE FOCKIN END ZONE!!! (dont know why its so hard for everyone else to figure this out :music_guitarred: )

night fellas

Good luck!!

Bad day.

Down 11 units here. You're not an assh0le, you just got creamed by A&M, Florida, GT et al. I don't remember feeling so strongly about so many games and losing most of them while the vast majority of bettors were with me on my bets. Can't imagine how much extra bank the bookies made. Usually I'm better NCAA and just survive the NFL, but since this is some kind of twilight zone weekend, maybe the NFL plays will save my butt. Good luck all.

NCAA YTD 9-7

NCAA Last Week 4-2

Conservative early season, as is typical for me. That same conservatism will keep me away from OU-Tulsa tonight. Of course, Sooners should overwhelm a team that gave up nearly 700 yds to BYU last week. But TU can score themselves, scoring 55 on a BYU team that gave up a total of 34 pts in it's first 2 games, both vs PAC 10 competition. Golden Hurricane QB Paul Smith is a keeper, and nearly engineered the upset over OU, at Norman, in 2005. Every Oklahoma kid on Tulsa wanted to go to OU, which makes this one too dangerous for me.

Here's my picks for the weekend:

Indiana +2.5 vs Illinois: LOSER

Buffalo +4 vs Baylor : LOSER

Air Force +11.5 @ BYU : LOSER

Georgia +4 @ Bama : WINNER

Georgia Tech -3.5 @ Virginia : LOSER

Kentucky +7 @ Arkansas : WINNER

ETA: Washington +6.5 LOSER

I think that's it. Good luck to all!

NCAA DAY 2-5

NCAA YTD 11-12

Yikes. Well, it could've been worse. My in-laws could have come over last night and kept me from enjoying my only two wins of the freakin' day. Oh, wait...they did.

I've avoided the discussion with/about the nitwit to this point, but let me echo Ditka's comments. This is my favorite thread here, in part due to the solid info from varied sources. I enjoy pitting my picks against some of the best prognosticators I've found, free or paid. Best of all, it's a good group of guys who post their thoughts, stand by their picks win or lose, and never begrudge the success or rub in the failures of anyone playing by the same rules.

Hopefully, the random person that wants to attack people or gloat over the success of their non-posted picks either comes around to our way of thinking, or takes it to one of the all too many threads where assholishness runs rampant.

Got to get to work on some NFL picks and see if I can recoup the weekend. Good luck to all!

I hit . . .. .

oh, really? i'm different... not more classy, just different. i would never go back and count the units i tried to save, but i'd put it at +/-60 off the top of my head. you're not famous, yo.

For the record, I have no problem with stalking. I've done my share. Mostly with ex-girlfriends. Wanted to strangle them, cut their belly open, and floss with their intestines.

& this guy's dope....

2007 College Betting Record

4-2 +1.0 units

INDIANA ML +120 LOSER

PENN ST. -2.5 LOSER

CENT. FLA. -6.5@-120 WINNER

LSU -16.5@-130 LOSER

MICH ST. -9.5@-130 WINNER

Day 2-3 -1.4 units

Season 6-5 -.4 units

LSU game was a heartbreaker, that should have covered. also wish i would have made a play on kansas...oh well. on to next week.

Guest _my_2_cents_
I'm putting $50 units on the florida gators this week - they're rolling and look to carry the momentum. loss

The Cinci Bearcats look like a great play this week as well.the $100 I laid on this one made up for the $50 I lost on Florida

didn't bet these:

Oregon State at Arizona State - bet the over. 76 points had to cover the O, right?

Off the wall play of the week: Take South Carolina AT LSU. Bet the under and hope the gamecocks can score enough to stay close. :doh: dunno if the under made it but the gamecocks covered? I didn't bet this one, so not sure what the final line was...