Sign in to follow this  
Mangatang

? Any chance that Plaxico doesn't play tonight ?

Is there any chance that Plaxico won't play tonight? He's listed as questionable for his ankle, and he didn't practice at all this week. I know this happens every week for him, but does anybody know any news that might cheer me up?

I'm nursing a small leading going into MNF, and my opponent has Plaxico.

How about you place an "Is" at the start of your thread title instead of needlessly alarming every Plax owner on this board?

I hate that sh!t.

I almost shat when I saw this topic because I need Plax to get me some points tonight.

They have been saying all week (and the last 3 weeks) that they would hold him out of practice so he would be as fresh as possible for the game. Thanks for the fire drill though.

Thanks for getting my hopes up, I'm up against him tonight with a 12 pt lead. :doublethumbsup:

This is his routine: 1) Don't practice, 2) Listed as Questionable, 3) Go off for 95 yards and 2 scores. Yeah, I don't see myself winning.

Is there any chance that Plaxico won't play tonight? He's listed as questionable for his ankle, and he didn't practice at all week. I know this happens every week for him, but does anybody know any news that might cheer me up?

I'm nursing a small leading going into MNF, and my opponent has Plaxico.

:doublethumbsup:

I heard on the radio today (WFAN in NY) he'll be playing. Also, for what it's worth, here's a note from CBS Sportsline:

Giants WR Plaxico Burress (ankle) is listed as questionable for Week 6 at Atlanta. He did not practice Thursday or Friday as the team prepares for Monday night. Burress did not practice all week leading up to Week 5 against the Jets, but did manage to start. He caught five passes for 124 yards and hauled in his seventh TD pass of the season.

(Updated 10/12/2007).

Injury Report

Ankle - Questionable for Week 6 at Atlanta

(Updated - 10/12/07)

Fantasy Analysis

Fantasy owners need to get used to seeing Burress on the injury report. The Giants have said they don't have to practice him to start him come the weekend. Plaxico has at least one touchdown in every game this season. He is clearly Eli Manning's favorite target and that has turned him into a must-start Fantasy option. He is expected to play Monday against the Falcons, but continue to follow the news for any setbacks.

(Updated 10/12/2007).

I hope he sits out and gets some rest. I've already won this week with the most points by far - thanks LT and Housh!

How about you place an "Is" at the start of your thread title instead of needlessly alarming every Plax owner on this board?

I hate that sh!t.

Are you blind? I clearly posted a "?" at the end of the heading, and a "?" for the icon.

Twice this year Plaxico has even gone farther. Didn't practice all week, status unclear, yet ends up starting, doesn't get a stinking point in the 1st half, but ended up with over 100 yds. and a TD anyway. Go figure. :thumbsdown:

need 40 yards for a tie, 60 for a win! Or a TD will put a quick end to it. Loss will mean end of season in this league. He best reprezent!

:thumbsdown:

Are you blind? I clearly posted a "?" at the end of the heading, and a "?" for the icon.

Question mark or not, it's still a misleading thread-title.

"Any chance Burress doesn't play", "Will Burress play", or "Burress: Active or not", would all be better titles.

You still can edit it if you want. It may save you from quite a bit of ridicule.

Are you stupid?

No. Are you blind? I specifically put a question mark at the end of the header and as the icon so people wouldn't get confused and think I was posting a fact.

I almost shat myself also when I read this thread. I am only up 5 points and my opponent has Toomer. If Plax does not play then Toomer is sure to be the #1 receiver! I dont need that Shat! <_<

"Any chance Burress doesn't play", "Will Burress play", or "Burress: Active or not", would all be better titles.

You still can edit it if you want. It may save you from quite a bit of ridicule.

I don't mind ridicule. If it's not clear enough for you, then you deserve the brief second of panic. I'm hoping for 60 minutes of panic tonight, though.

No. Are you blind? I specifically put a question mark at the end of the header and as the icon so people wouldn't get confused that I was posting a fact.

I disagree.

I think you wanted to attract as much attention to this thread as possible, so you posted a sensationalized thread title. The fact that "out" is in all caps is evidence of this. You threw in a question mark to cover your @ss.

I disagree.

I think you wanted to attract as much attention to this thread as possible, so you posted a sensationalized thread title. The fact that "out" is in all caps is evidence of this. You threw in a question mark to cover your @ss.

Tough arguments to dispute here.

The question mark attached to the language of the subject line implies that the original poster heard/read/saw something related to Plaxico being out.

It doesn't even remotely come close to implying that he was "just asking a simple question."

:jerkoff:

I disagree.

BINGO! Did it work?

BINGO! Did it work?

If your intent was to piss off Plax owners on this board, then I would have to say: resoundingly.

You need to quit acting like a ######.

HTH.

BINGO! Did it work?

I don't get my panties in a bunch about people posting sensationalized things to get attention. Or when they post asking opinion about a trade, or opinion on who they should play from a choice of players on their roster. its a message board, a free one at that. If you don't like it, move the funk on. Posting 'that belongs on teh help board' is an utter waste of your own time, no one elses.

However, I can't for the love of Doritos understand the need for attention from people on this board. Everyone seems to be at least semi adults here. What is this underwhelming need for attention on the internet. Your post of BINGO! Did it work? reeks of an attitude of 'well if I didn't sensationalize it, no one would have noticed.' What are you gaining from this type of attention?!? I am very curious of this phenomena. I've seen the same thing on other messageboard communities, so its not something inherent to FF or sports. Fascinating phenomena. Would love to get a shrink's take on it, I'm sure someone here is one. Or they stayed at a holiday inn. Either way, chime in and shed some light...

I don't get my panties in a bunch about people posting sensationalized things to get attention. Or when they post asking opinion about a trade, or opinion on who they should play from a choice of players on their roster. its a message board, a free one at that. If you don't like it, move the funk on. Posting 'that belongs on teh help board' is an utter waste of your own time, no one elses.

However, I can't for the love of Doritos understand the need for attention from people on this board. Everyone seems to be at least semi adults here. What is this underwhelming need for attention on the internet. Your post of BINGO! Did it work? reeks of an attitude of 'well if I didn't sensationalize it, no one would have noticed.' What are you gaining from this type of attention?!? I am very curious of this phenomena. I've seen the same thing on other messageboard communities, so its not something inherent to FF or sports. Fascinating phenomena. Would love to get a shrink's take on it, I'm sure someone here is one. Or they stayed at a holiday inn. Either way, chime in and shed some light...

I just like the scene of Leslie Nielsen from one of the Naked Gun movies, when he's looking through a desk drawer for clues, and he exclaims, "Bingo!". Then he pulls out a BINGO card. Too funny.

Another idea for your thread title (as if you didn't have enough already).

I hope Plaxico out because I need him to sit for my stupid fantasy team that none of you care about to win. I don't have any information pointing to him not playing, but will write this misleading title to get people to view my useless thread.

thread starter is a douche

OMFG??

Plaxico OUT???

I need 27 points from him tonight to win...

At least I don't have to watch the game now :dunno: