Sign in to follow this  
Quickolas1

Buffalo Sabres 2007-08

Thanks for beating the Senaturds last night. Now you can just roll over and play dead tonight.

Oh and did I mention that the Maple Loafs are eliminated? :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :pointstosky: :( :doublethumbsup:

Thanks for beating the Senaturds last night. Now you can just roll over and play dead tonight.

Oh and did I mention that the Maple Loafs are eliminated? :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :pointstosky: :( :doublethumbsup:

I'm looking forward to Saturdays game. I predict a good ole fashion ass whupping.

I'm looking forward to Saturdays game. I predict a good ole fashion ass whupping.

The Loafs have nothing to lose and even by winning they wouldn't be spoiling much. My fear is that one of their players will decide to be a hero and try to injure a key Habs player, which is about the only way they could really hurt us. If we had goons, this would be the game to use them.

Tops in the Northeast!! :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Hate to break it to ya Sabres fans but we will be dashing your last remaining feeble hopes on Thursday.

The Loafs have nothing to lose and even by winning they wouldn't be spoiling much. My fear is that one of their players will decide to be a hero and try to injure a key Habs player, which is about the only way they could really hurt us. If we had goons, this would be the game to use them.

Just saw this, very prophetic. Can you rustle me up the Super 7 numbers for this week?

Just saw this, very prophetic. Can you rustle me up the Super 7 numbers for this week?

I've suggested that the Habs ownership could make the last game against the Laffs "Toronto Golf Bag" night.

Tops in the Northeast!! :rolleyes: :wub: :rolleyes:

Hate to break it to ya Sabres fans but we will be dashing your last remaining feeble hopes on Thursday.

Nice call Kreskin, 3-0 in the 2nd.

:banana:

Famous last words from Mr. Brière: "I chose to play for the Flubbers because they form a better team than the Habs."

How's that workin' for ya there Danny boy?

Good luck to all those still alive and entering the playoffs, even if you're Canadian

If you're not and cheering for a Canadian team, then no good luck to you :thumbsup:

Good luck to all those still alive and entering the playoffs, even if you're Canadian

If you're not and cheering for a Canadian team, then no good luck to you :dunno:

There's still some room on the Habs bandwagon, hop on and enjoy the playoffs while rooting for a quality team!

If you're not and cheering for a Canadian team, then no good luck to you :music_guitarred:

Thanks! I think the Habs have certainly shown that - when they show up and play 60 - they can play with anyone. And with the attitude of the kids, I don't think pining for the Cup is ridiculous. When asked if he thought the Habs should sit their stars for the last two games, Price basically said that he and his teammates like winning so they'd rather play that way to the end. The kid is just standing on his head right now and other teams have to begin to get concerned. The ghosts may be back.

That being said, the refs have been awful lately. Bégin should have been thrown for his hit, Kovy should have been penalized too and your guys got away with bloody murder a couple of times also. I guess that's what they call playoff refereeing...

Flyers clinched a spot tonight. :thumbsdown:

Suck it puzzies. :banana:

#1 in the East!!!

I liked Pittsburgh - who's obviously afraid of facing Philthy in the playoffs - sitting Crosby in a game where they could have secured first overall in the East. Now they play the Senaturds and I hope it comes back to bite them in their little candyasses.

:overhead: :music_guitarred: :angry:

For the record:

The Flyers suck ass, and Danielle Briere has a bagina. :pointstosky:

:doublethumbsup:

Oops

:thumbsup:

Oops

You're playing the Caps, who are beginning to understand why we traded Huet to them. When the chips are down, so is he.

The Habs will wake you up from that dream in the second round and Brière will go back to being the suck.

HTH

is this the official 2008 draft thread? :blink:

You're playing the Caps, who are beginning to understand why we traded Huet to them. When the chips are down, so is he.

The Habs will wake you up from that dream in the second round and Brière will go back to being the suck.

HTH

Briere is a playoff stud, proven fact. Will the Flyers beat the frenchies in the 2nd rd? I would doubt it, but anything can happen. And they are still not out of this round yet. I'm just happy to be watching Flyers playoffs after last year.

I'll tell you this much though. The Montreal Frogs better score more that 1 goal if they expect to beat the Flyers.

If it's a Flyers/Frenchies rd 2, sig bet?

Briere is a playoff stud, proven fact. Will the Flyers beat the frenchies in the 2nd rd? I would doubt it, but anything can happen. And they are still not out of this round yet. I'm just happy to be watching Flyers playoffs after last year.

I'll tell you this much though. The Montreal Frogs better score more that 1 goal if they expect to beat the Flyers.

If it's a Flyers/Frenchies rd 2, sig bet?

The Flubbers aren't anywhere near as disciplined/determined as Boston and we're still beating Boston despite them trying to hit the - apparently - soft Habs. We're beating them at their game. They said they would beat us into submission and we are more than holding our own. If you want to play the open game instead, we'll bury goals like there's no tomorrow. Carbo has this team playing like a team and adapting to their opponents. I have little doubt we'll get way more than 1 goal in each of the four games we'll need to beat you. Our team isn't a one-line team with a lousy choker goalie, and a couple of half decent d-men like the Caps. But you'll find that out soon enough. Add to that the fact that Brière said he chose the Flyers instead of the Habs because the Flyers had a better team and the Habs have all the motivation they need. He better tie his chinstrap because he'll be a stud alright, firmly planted into the boards by Komisarek and company.

Sure we can have a sig bet, whatever that proves. :dunno:

robert esche..goalie of the future :dunno:

The Flubbers aren't anywhere near as disciplined/determined as Boston and we're still beating Boston despite them trying to hit the - apparently - soft Habs. We're beating them at their game. They said they would beat us into submission and we are more than holding our own. If you want to play the open game instead, we'll bury goals like there's no tomorrow. Carbo has this team playing like a team and adapting to their opponents. I have little doubt we'll get way more than 1 goal in each of the four games we'll need to beat you. Our team isn't a one-line team with a lousy choker goalie, and a couple of half decent d-men like the Caps. But you'll find that out soon enough. Add to that the fact that Brière said he chose the Flyers instead of the Habs because the Flyers had a better team and the Habs have all the motivation they need. He better tie his chinstrap because he'll be a stud alright, firmly planted into the boards by Komisarek and company.

Sure we can have a sig bet, whatever that proves. :pointstosky:

Yes, because Carey Price is a proven playoff stud. :pointstosky:

You act like the Flyers have zero shot in a playoff series with the Habs. Montreal will have all the pressure in the world, while the Flyers play the underdog role.

I hope to god they spend their time trying to run Briere into the boards. Cheap penalties against a deadly power play-perfect.

No team has more scoring depth than Philly, concentrating on Briere will just open things up for Richards/Prospal/Umberger/Carter......

Do you live in Canada by the way? Just wondering.

Not a real big hockey fan but do appreciate the sport and the athleticism required to play it. Looks like fun. Not much ice to play on growing up in Texas, wish I had the chance.

Anyway, I was in Buffalo recently and had a conversation with a local. I asked him about the how he felt about the Dallas Stars beating them in the cup in '99. He said, " no goal!"

I went on to tell him how I see it. The town of Buffalo are a bunch of crybabies and need a reality check, especially the puzzy azz coach who cried the loudest. the 'no goal' was in the 2nd overtime of game 6 to clinch it for the Stars. I have always said that you should never put yourself in a position to lose a game from a bad call, and this call was just questionable. But the sabres had 3 periods and 2 OTs to score another goal and didn't do it. And even if it was a no goal, the game would have just continued and the outcome could have been the same, but say that the sabres pulled it out, they would have had to win a whole other game to win the cup.

All the buffalo people do is cry about it without facing reality, no respect for that part of the country, buncha whiners. :thumbsdown:

:pointstosky:

Yes, because Carey Price is a proven playoff stud. :music_guitarred:

You act like the Flyers have zero shot in a playoff series with the Habs. Montreal will have all the pressure in the world, while the Flyers play the underdog role.

I hope to god they spend their time trying to run Briere into the boards. Cheap penalties against a deadly power play-perfect.

No team has more scoring depth than Philly, concentrating on Briere will just open things up for Richards/Prospal/Umberger/Carter......

Do you live in Canada by the way? Just wondering.

If nobody has more scoring depth than the Flyers, why did the Habs outscore them this year?

You may not have been watching playoff hockey this year but the refs don't penalize anywhere near as much for guys nailing others in the boards. If they did, Boston would've spent entire games in the box. Lucic often hits guys three to four seconds late. He was getting away with it so the Habs started doing it too. As I said, Brière better tie his chinstrap and his jockstrap (if he actually needs one), because the Boston series has primed us well for the rest of the playoffs. Our guys are ornery and itching to finish their checks very solidly.

I'm guessing you haven't seen Price play in the playoffs. He has been stone cold calm and is way better than Huet. Komisarek said yesterday that guys don't have to worry about whether he'll make a save and they can focus on their game.

It's not a question of if we'll beat the Flubbers if we meet them, it's whether you guys will actually be able to finish off the Caps to get there. Ovechkin prolly has a couple of monster games left in the tank.

By the way, you call the Habs the Montreal Frogs. You do realize that Brière is a frog right? So I'm guessing he must suck then.

By the way, you call the Habs the Montreal Frogs. You do realize that Brière is a frog right? So I'm guessing he must suck then.

I didn't say the Flyers were the highest scoring team in the league, I said they have the most scoring depth.

What team in the NHL had the most 20 goal scorers? I'll give you a hint........they wear orange and black. That's scoring depth, OK Pierre?

And I don't root for Briere.

I root for the logo on his sweater. :pointstosky:

Also,what's that say about Montreal? A Montreal native would rather play for Philly.

Do you live there?

I didn't say the Flyers were the highest scoring team in the league, I said they have the most scoring depth.

What team in the NHL had the most 20 goal scorers? I'll give you a hint........they wear orange and black. That's scoring depth, OK Pierre?

And I don't root for Briere.

I root for the logo on his sweater. :music_guitarred:

Also,what's that say about Montreal? A Montreal native would rather play for Philly.

Do you live there?

OK, so we have scored more goals than your guys and we have more 50 point scorers than the Flubbers and yet you have more scoring depth? Yeah that makes a lot of sense. :bandana:

Brière didn't want to play for Montreal because he is mentally soft and he knows the crowd is demanding. He wants to be able to go through the motions and not have people tell him to shape up on the streets. He'd rather lose on a team where there is little accountability than try to win on the Habs. I think it says more about his lack of character than anything else.

OK, so we have scored more goals than your guys and we have more 50 point scorers than the Flubbers and yet you have more scoring depth? Yeah that makes a lot of sense. :doublethumbsup:

Brière didn't want to play for Montreal because he is mentally soft and he knows the crowd is demanding. He wants to be able to go through the motions and not have people tell him to shape up on the streets. He'd rather lose on a team where there is little accountability than try to win on the Habs. I think it says more about his lack of character than anything else.

Who cares about 50 point scorers? Of course the Habs have more 50 point scorers, they had more goals. 2 assists to almost every goal.

The point was scoring DEPTH. The Flyers have more players that scored 20+ goals than Canada's team.

And why won't you answer the question about where you live? Hiding something? :dunno:

And why won't you answer the question about where you live? Hiding something? :dunno:

I live near Ottawa. Why would I care about hiding that?

Fewer Ottawa Senaturds car flags this morning...wonder why?

I live near Ottawa. Why would I care about hiding that?

Fewer Ottawa Senaturds car flags this morning...wonder why?

I was just wondering. You seemed to take offense when I called the Montreal Canadiens Frogs. I though everybody hated the French Canadians as much as I do. :dunno:

I was just wondering. You seemed to take offense when I called the Montreal Canadiens Frogs. I though everybody hated the French Canadians as much as I do. :shocking:

I live here, I ain't french though.

Your ratty team doesn't stand a chance against the mighty Canadiens juggernaut. We swept Philly this season in 4 games. That bunch of hacks will be just another speed bump on our glorious run to the coveted Cup.

:dunno:

Brière didn't want to play for Montreal because he is mentally soft and he knows the crowd is demanding.

Montreal hockey is probably the only sport and location where this is true vs. Philly. hearing guys like Mickey Redmond and Chris Chelios talk about their time in Montreal puts a completely different perspective on hockey fans.

Your ratty team doesn't stand a chance against the mighty Canadiens juggernaut. We swept Philly this season in 4 games. That bunch of hacks will be just another speed bump on our glorious run to the coveted Cup.

:headbanger:

See IronToe just summarized in few words what I really wanted to get across to you :bows down:

:headbanger:

We shall see.

One and done. Bunch of old focks.

:pointstosky: :banana: :banana:

:unsure:

briere suitor 1 vs briere suitor 2 should be interesting

guess i'm down to rooting for the penguins as they're the only team left in the east that hasnt done some kind of damage to the sabres in the last 12 months

mostly taking our players

briere suitor 1 vs briere suitor 2 should be interesting

guess i'm down to rooting for the penguins as they're the only team left in the east that hasnt done some kind of damage to the sabres in the last 12 months

What, no love for Danny boy anymore?

That Buffalo ownership has got to drive Sabres fans insane.

What, no love for Danny boy anymore?

That Buffalo ownership has got to drive Sabres fans insane.

some love

not enough for that contract he signed. no problem with the ownership on that one.

the competitiveness of the league is now changing so fast (goodbye sabres, senators, ducks) that tough decisions have to be made...and teams can go up or down in less than a year (flyers, capitals)

Sure we can have a sig bet, whatever that proves. :dunno:

2 weeks, fockface? :overhead: