Sign in to follow this  
tsanford47353

Brandon Marshall

I am up 12 pts and my opponent has B. Marshall ( 1pt per rec. .1 pts for every yard) I was wondering if Green Bay has a shut down corner who will be covering Marshall?

Word has it that Brandon Marshall will be covered pretty heavily by the Jefferson County DUI task force before, during and after the game. :thumbsdown:

I am up 12 pts and my opponent has B. Marshall ( 1pt per rec. .1 pts for every yard) I was wondering if Green Bay has a shut down corner who will be covering Marshall?

I guess you've never heard of the perenial pro-bowler Charles Woodson. Al Harris isn't that bad at all too, lol. It's funny how a lot of people playing fantasy football only know who offensive players are.

I guess you've never heard of the perenial pro-bowler Charles Woodson. Al Harris isn't that bad at all too, lol. It's funny how a lot of people playing fantasy football only know who offensive players are.

Yeah it's gotta be Woodson, Marshall is the only WR threat - Harris may be on Stokley.

Marshall is going to go off tonight.

Think about it. Cutler is going to HAVE to pass tonight with Henry all banged up. Marshall is the clear #1 and Cutler is going to be looking for him all night.

I am predicting 110 and 2 td's in a big MNF win for the home team :pointstosky:

Yeah it's gotta be Woodson, Marshall is the only WR threat - Harris may be on Stokley.

If I were a bettin man, Stokely looks to be a good play tonight. If BMarsh gets Woodson, Stokely is actually the more experienced of the bunch out there. Could be open quite a bit.

Al Harris is a much better CB than Woodson. Woodson is a bigger play-maker with better hands.....but as for shut down corners Al is among the best in the league. Ask any GB fan who the Packers' shutdown CB is and they will say Al Harris. He plays much better man to man than Woodson.

HTH

I think Stokely is the better play tonight. As a Marshall owner, I still haven't seen him perform at a very high level with a good defenses best CB on him. I hope i'm wrong, cause I own Marshall. Shanny is nothing, if not creative, but based on what i've seen and the way Cutler seems to force the ball to Marshall in tight spots, i'd be surprised if Marshall went off tonight versus GB.

Al Harris is a much better CB than Woodson. Woodson is a bigger play-maker with better hands.....but as for shut down corners Al is among the best in the league. Ask any GB fan who the Packers' shutdown CB is and they will say Al Harris. He plays much better man to man than Woodson.

HTH

Woodson seems to have experienced a rejuvenation and has played incredibly well the 2 times I've seen him this year. Not sure if there's much of a difference this year?

I agree. I also find it amusing how people ask who will be covering who. This is not a man to man league where you put your best corner on the #1 receiver from the other team wherever he lines up. This happens MAYBE 10% of the time. The right corner plays on the right side of the field and the left on the left....When you have say, the Cowboys vs the Broncos, you will see alot of T.O./Bailey due to where they line up the majority of the time. You will not see the corner following the receiver all over the field. The adjustment in coverage is made to a zone/man with safety help if the receiver in question lines up on the other side of the field....the corner doesn't run over there and switch....this isn't your Monday night flag league.

Marshall will draw different coverage depending on where he lines up.

Woodson seems to have experienced a rejuvenation and has played incredibly well the 2 times I've seen him this year. Not sure if there's much of a difference this year?

He has played well since coming to Green Bay......but he gets beat more times than Al....maybe because he goes for more Ints than Al.....overall I believe and think it is obvious that Al Harris is the better corner.

Its doesn't really matter which side Marshall is on they are both good, seems like they don't give up great stats to #1 WRs....usually it is the TEs that kill Green Bay.

Al Harris is absolutely the #1 CB in GB. He is a great bump and run, physical man to man cover guy. His matchups have done the following this season:

Week 1 -- Reggie Brown -- 1 rec, 14 yards

Week 2 -- Plaxico Burress -- 2 rec, 32 yards, 1 TD

Week 3 -- Vincent Jackson -- 6 rec, 98 yards, 1 TD

Week 4 -- Troy Williamson -- 2 rec, 23 yards

Week 5 -- Muhsin Muhammad -- 1 rec, 17 yards

Week 6 -- Santana Moss -- 0 rec, 0 yards

So, a hiccup against Jackson, but otherwise very little production. I don't expect much out of Marshall this week. The only thing Marshall might have going for him is the same height advantage that Jackson had, which could lend itself to a TD (similar to the day Burress had, with only 2 rec but a TD).

Al Harris is absolutely the #1 CB in GB. He is a great bump and run, physical man to man cover guy. His matchups have done the following this season:

So, a hiccup against Jackson, but otherwise very little production. I don't expect much out of Marshall this week. The only thing Marshall might have going for him is the same height advantage that Jackson had, which could lend itself to a TD (similar to the day Burress had, with only 2 rec but a TD).

I'm pretty sure Jackson had about a 30 yard TD grab on a perfect pass from Rivers. He had great coverage, but there's nothing you can do against a perfect pass. And if I remember right, the TD that Plaxico caught was not his fault either.

Harris always takes the #1 WR. Woodson is a top 10 CB, but Al Harris is top 5.

Woodson gave up the T.D. to Jackson, along with 30 more yards...why?...because he lines up on the RIGHT side of the offense. Harris only covered him when he was on the LEFT side of the offense..so Harris actually did much better than these numbers you posted. You can't take a receivers numbers from a game say that one guy gave those up....these guys do not follow receivers all over the field...they play their side.

Harris always takes the #1 WR. Woodson is a top 10 CB, but Al Harris is top 5.

Harris takes whoever lines up on the left side of the offense.

See: end of 4th quarter...Harris got abused by Stokely on the left side...the only time he went to the right side on Marshall was when there was no safety help....3 times all game

Marshall is a beast. Nice broken tackle on Harris there, and in the open field he is money. :unsure:

Aside from the fact that Harris doesn't shadow a receiver the entire game, those are pretty awful #1 WRs with the exception of Plaxico. Not saying Harris isn't great, but that's hardly evidence of his ability. I mean, each of the remaining 5 guys are the leading candidates to be worst #1 WR of the year.

Marshall is a beast. Nice broken tackle on Harris there, and in the open field he is money. :unsure:

Marshall ran a bad route, lost his footing, and acted like there was an invisible electric fence on the goal line on what should have been a game-winning TD. That more than offets the 70-some-odd yards he had.

Marshall ran a bad route, lost his footing, and acted like there was an invisible electric fence on the goal line on what should have been a game-winning TD. That more than offets the 70-some-odd yards he had.

I agree on this quote :pointstosky: . I was thinking after that happend - - Would Harrison and Manning missed that route?? I don't think so :wall:

Aside from the fact that Harris doesn't shadow a receiver the entire game, those are pretty awful #1 WRs with the exception of Plaxico. Not saying Harris isn't great, but that's hardly evidence of his ability. I mean, each of the remaining 5 guys are the leading candidates to be worst #1 WR of the year.

I'm not going to post them, but look up the numbers of the WRs he faced last year.