Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

**Official College Football Bowls Wagering Thread**

College Bowls YTD: 4-1; +4.7 units

Sunday

Boise St (-10.5) for 2 units

Boise St is seeing 80% of the action, which makes me nervous, and we still haven't seen an underdog win a bowl game SU yet. However, Boise St owns the better offense by over a 100 yards per game and better defense by over 100 yards per game. That is a dominating advantage on both sides of the ball. I really don't think Boise St is going into this game too disappointed, as they lost very early in the year so they knew they were unlikely to go to a BCS bowl game. Since Boise St has a recent history of running up the score, I don't mind laying double digits. East Carolina is an OK team, but they are from the dreadful Conf USA, and despite So Miss getting the ugly cover for me yesterday, I feel like I must fade their teams this year in the bowl games based on principle. The WAC is a much tougher conference, especially at the top. Earlier this year, Boise St beat So Miss by 22, back when their first year starting QB was still trying to find himself. East Carolina is a run oriented team, but Boise St is ranked #25 in the nation vs the run. I can't see East Carolina keeping pace with one of the best offenses in the country. While Boise St plays in Hawaii every other year, this is a new experience for East Carolina and their focus is questionable. East Carolina is lucky to be in a bowl game at all. Lay the lumber. Good luck to all.

Boise St. Blows!!

College Bowls YTD: 4-1; +4.7 units

Sunday

Boise St (-10.5) for 2 units

Boise St is seeing 80% of the action, which makes me nervous, and we still haven't seen an underdog win a bowl game SU yet. However, Boise St owns the better offense by over a 100 yards per game and better defense by over 100 yards per game. That is a dominating advantage on both sides of the ball. I really don't think Boise St is going into this game too disappointed, as they lost very early in the year so they knew they were unlikely to go to a BCS bowl game. Since Boise St has a recent history of running up the score, I don't mind laying double digits. East Carolina is an OK team, but they are from the dreadful Conf USA, and despite So Miss getting the ugly cover for me yesterday, I feel like I must fade their teams this year in the bowl games based on principle. The WAC is a much tougher conference, especially at the top. Earlier this year, Boise St beat So Miss by 22, back when their first year starting QB was still trying to find himself. East Carolina is a run oriented team, but Boise St is ranked #25 in the nation vs the run. I can't see East Carolina keeping pace with one of the best offenses in the country. While Boise St plays in Hawaii every other year, this is a new experience for East Carolina and their focus is questionable. East Carolina is lucky to be in a bowl game at all. Lay the lumber. Good luck to all.

My friend, I've been playing and/or watching sports for 40+ years. I'm often wrong, sometimes surprised, periodically puzzled. Rarely am I shocked. But what ECU has done to Boise in the first half is truly shocking to me. Wow.

College Bowls YTD: 4-2; +2.5 units

Wednesday

Central Michigan (+8) for 1 unit WINNER

Purdue lost 4 of 5 games to end season, disappointed to be playing in a cold weather minor bowl. Cent Mich won 3 of 4 to end year and playing with revenge. CMich lost earlier 45-22 to Purdue early in year, but teams have gone in opposite directions since then. C Mich has played on this field multiple times the last couple of years, and it's nearly a home game for them, and I will take the more motivated team. Small play, since C Mich defense is pretty bad, but Purdue's defense isn't all that great either.

Wednesday

Central Michigan (+8) for 1 unit

Purdue lost 4 of 5 games to end season, disappointed to be playing in a cold weather minor bowl. Cent Mich won 3 of 4 to end year and playing with revenge. CMich lost earlier 45-22 to Purdue early in year, but teams have gone in opposite directions since then. C Mich has played on this field multiple times the last couple of years, and it's nearly a home game for them, and I will take the more motivated team. Small play, since C Mich defense is pretty bad, but Purdue's defense isn't all that great either.

Just some info for everyone. The first meeting between the two Purdue was up 38-0 before the starters were pulled and CMICH got some junk TD's late in the game. It all depends how much Purdue wants to be there. Purdue is a better team. The scary part is I'm thinking about taking the over at 71!

Gentlemen,

Hope you had a great holiday. No time for spelling it out, just short and sweet. My numbers are coming up with 86 points in this one.

Cent Mich/Purdue OVER 71

Good luck!!

Gentlemen,

Hope you had a great holiday. No time for spelling it out, just short and sweet. My numbers are coming up with 86 points in this one.

Cent Mich/Purdue OVER 71

Good luck!!

That's a ton of points! You sure there, bro?

Gents......Taking OVER the 71 Tonight for $300.00

Good Luck!

( Hopefully the game should be about 28-17 at Half = 45 Points )

That's a ton of points! You sure there, bro?

Hey buddy good to see you back :overhead:

Yeah im pretty sure we should get there, looks decent at the half although Purdue should have more points. We should probably get about 38 in the 2nd half to get it to about 85 points, we'll see!

Good luck!!

Wednesday

Central Michigan (+8) for 1 unit WINNER

Hell of a game. Hard to imagine a better bowl game this year. Nice to get this one after the Boise St debacle.

College Bowls YTD: 5-2; +3.5 units

Good Luck!

ticket cashed before the end of the 3rd quarter...gotta love taking the over. :doublethumbsup: :pointstosky:

Bowls YTD: ATS 2-4 SU 5-1

Picked up a win on Cent Mich last night. Let's see if I can continue to gain ground after the ugly schneid to start things off.

Arizona State +3 vs Texas (bought the half point): ASU's biggest problem late in the year was QB Carpenter's health. When he's a threat throwing the ball, their strong running game flourishes. Texas has become more reliant on the run, due in part to the absence of their top WR Swede, along with the dropoff in the play of Colt McCoy since the early part of the season.

I've seen the both teams on numerous occassions, and both have the ability to look really unimpressive. Other times, they look like the offensive powerhouses most expected them to be. I think Erickson is a better in-game coach than Brown, and that the Sun Devils come in here with a little more enthusiasm. Texas was expected to be really good, and faltered. This is yet another Holiday Bowl for them. ASU was never expected to jump as high as they did in the rankings and, though they dropped precipitously, should still be excited to reach this bowl destination.

Good luck to all!

Good Luck!

Halftime was 34-13 = 47 Points............VERY CLOSE to My Number!

Picked up $300.00 by the end of the 3rd Quarter.

UP Over ( counting the Eagles on Sunday ) $2100.00 in the Last Week!

No Play for Today BUT LOVE Boston College on Friday.

Good Luck to All Tonight!!!

Thursday

Arizona St (Moneyline@+110) for 2 units LOSER

Ariz St seeing 53% of the action.

Battle of two teams disappoined to be here. Texas won the national title two years ago, now can't even make a BCS game. Ariz St got passed over for a BCS game after an 8-0 start. Both teams are fairly equal statistically, but I see a mismatch with Ariz St passing offense vs the vulnerable Texas pass defense. Texas got gutted on defense down the stretch by some questionable teams in Nebraska, Oklahoma St and Texas A&M. On top of that I watched their rush defense get abused by Kevin Smith and Cent Flor early in the year. I just don't think much of the Texas defense. A bit of a gut feeling play in a tossup game, but I think Texas is favored in this game purely on national reputation and public familiarity. Ariz St is the better team. Good luck to all.

Just a heads up, I am putting in TCU (-6) for 4 units for tomorrow's game. A big play for me, as Houston is a disaster going into their game, especially with the exodus of coaches.

Thursday

Arizona St (Moneyline@+110) for 2 units

Texas got gutted on defense down the stretch by some questionable teams in Nebraska, Oklahoma St and Texas A&M. On top of that I watched their rush defense get abused by Kevin Smith and Cent Flor early in the year. I just don't think much of the Texas defense. A bit of a gut feeling play in a tossup game, but I think Texas is favored in this game purely on national reputation and public familiarity. Ariz St is the better team. Good luck to all.

Just a heads up, I am putting in TCU (-6) for 4 units for tomorrow's game. A big play for me, as Houston is a disaster going into their game, especially with the exodus of coaches.

Pretty much agree with ya here philly but I am biased. Can't think straight with Texas. They are hot and cold on offense and defense can be absent.

I took the over 62.5. Just for fun.

Will be at the Breckenridge Brewery watching the game, if too crowded there going to Eric's. Anyone around Breck, come on by. Good call on TCU. Rootin against on this one Philly.

:headbanger: ;) :headbanger:

Thursday

Arizona St (Moneyline@+110) for 2 units

Ariz St seeing 53% of the action.

Battle of two teams disappoined to be here. Texas won the national title two years ago, now can't even make a BCS game. Ariz St got passed over for a BCS game after an 8-0 start. Both teams are fairly equal statistically, but I see a mismatch with Ariz St passing offense vs the vulnerable Texas pass defense. Texas got gutted on defense down the stretch by some questionable teams in Nebraska, Oklahoma St and Texas A&M. On top of that I watched their rush defense get abused by Kevin Smith and Cent Flor early in the year. I just don't think much of the Texas defense. A bit of a gut feeling play in a tossup game, but I think Texas is favored in this game purely on national reputation and public familiarity. Ariz St is the better team. Good luck to all.

TCU may be the best play of the bowl season. I got in early this week at -4.5 and am on it heavy.

6-6 on the bowl season plays (-2 units)

I have:

Texas 1st Quarter -.5 (2 units) WINNER

Texas 1st Half -.5 (2 units) WINNER

Texas game -1.5 (5 units)

Go Horns.

I took Arz St first score of the game (-105)

Awesome ;) :headbanger:

Focking way to defer and give them the ball at the 50 fucko's

Brutal call. Ariz St running back had both knees on the ground. Fumble. Give the ball to Texas. 14-0. Fock. ;) :headbanger:

Meh. Arizona St likes to come from behind. They have them right where they want them.

Can someone explain to me why Ariz St isn't passing. Texas can't stop the pass. Run. Run. Run.

Are they trying to copy Utah's first half debacle? Erickson should suck a bag of d1cks.

Did the ballboy touch that live ball? I don't think that he did, but he was definitely on the field. I am not sure if that is illegal participation. :unsure:

Did the ballboy touch that live ball? I don't think that he did, but he was definitely on the field. I am not sure if that is illegal participation. :unsure:

The replay didn't seem to show that he did, but the refs said he did. WOW. Bad call.

Ariz St needed that break. Need a TD.

Throw the focking ball, you focking idiots.

The replay didn't seem to show that he did, but the refs said he did. WOW. Bad call.

HAHAHA, that dood must feel like a complete douch

by the way, i paid him 3 bucks to do it. nice going kid

HAHAHA, that dood must feel like a complete douch

That guy is walking home.

I don't know that he had to touch the ball. They called a penalty (1/2 the distance) because the guy was on the field and close to the play. He affected the game, so they pretty much have to call that.

I don't know that he had to touch the ball. They called a penalty (1/2 the distance) because the guy was on the field and close to the play. He affected the game, so they pretty much have to call that.

I didn't even think of that. We WAS on the field, and Texas had a sideline warning earlier in the game. Good observation. He didn't have to touch it for it to be a penalty. Warning, then upsportsmanlike penalty follows.

TD Arizona St. Still alive and kicking. :unsure:

Really gutsy to go for it on 4th down. Ariz St has some momentum. Let's go Central Michig...er....Arizona St.

I didn't even think of that. We WAS on the field, and Texas had a sideline warning earlier in the game. Good observation. He didn't have to touch it for it to be a penalty. Warning, then upsportsmanlike penalty follows.

Really gutsy to go for it on 4th down. Ariz St has some momentum. Let's go Central Michig...er....Arizona St.

Wait a second. Can you assess a penalty on a replay. Seems like the refs did.

Texas got butt focked. But Ariz St got ass raped earlier on the fumble, so I guess it balances out.

Well if that the case, why they always picking on the white man?!?!?!, there was a black dude farther out on the feild!!!

Wait a second. Can you assess a penalty on a replay. Seems like the refs did.

Texas got butt focked. But Ariz St got ass raped earlier on the fumble, so I guess it balances out.

Sure. This happened last week in the NFL. The Vikings or Redskins had 12 guys on the field. Illegal participation or people running out of bounds (and things that are not judgment calls) are reviewable.

Well if that the case, why they always picking on the white man?!?!?!, there was a black dude farther out on the feild!!!

The refs are obviously racist. Hopefully they hate Texas too.

Ariz St looks inspired on defense so far. Need a 3 and out.

Edit: Tex punting from their 4. Momentum shift, big time.

The refs are obviously racist. Hopefully they hate Texas too.

Ariz St looks inspired on defense so far. Need a 3 and out.

Edit: Tex punting from their 4. Momentum shift, big time.

WHoaaa what a punt!!!, HAHAHAH GO AZ STATE!!!

Where was the personal foul? No replays. What the fock? Ariz St backers are focked. The refs seemed to help Texas down the field. How can you fight that? Ariz St has a history of comebacks this year, so I haven't given up. But it doesn't look good. I am a focking idiot for falling for the Texas trap.

Where was the personal foul? No replays. What the fock? Ariz St backers are focked. The refs seemed to help Texas down the field. How can you fight that? Ariz St has a history of comebacks this year, so I haven't given up. But it doesn't look good. I am a focking idiot for falling for the Texas trap.

Yeah the bad thing to is that texas has a mean rushing game, and probably will try and slow the game down in second half if AZ ST cant do anything in the remaining of this half