Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Weather for the games this weekend.

Around 0 in Green Bay.

Single digits in New England.

I'm not sure of the wind chill, as that would potentially make it colder.

It's supposed to be in the high teens Sunday afternoon in Foxboro.

That's what I heard on the radio this morning and also

Day 7"08 am

AM Clouds

21°F

Night 4:43 PM

Mostly Clear

7°F

When will the NFL wake up and play these big games like the Superbowl, where weather is taken out of the picure and NOT a factor.

The game changes soooo much, it forces teams to alter their styles that got them there in the first place!

It's not indicative of the Regular Season at all....it's like they need a second set of players on their rosters to play the slower, running style game when it's icy and windy, and the high powered passing attack type players go to the bench.

The NFL game has changed over the years, but this 0 degree BS forces us back to the 60s.

Don't like it, :banana:

I know that I dug out the really cold gear out for the game. It is also supposed to be windy in Foxboro, but I can't get my hands on a number in mph. :banana:

When will the NFL wake up and play these big games like the Superbowl, where weather is taken out of the picure and NOT a factor.

The game changes soooo much, it forces teams to alter their styles that got them there in the first place!

It's not indicative of the Regular Season at all....it's like they need a second set of players on their rosters to play the slower, running style game when it's icy and windy, and the high powered passing attack type players go to the bench.

The NFL game has changed over the years, but this 0 degree BS forces us back to the 60s.

an ice fishing attempt...bravo!! :dunno:

Its football not tennis whinebag, deal with it.

WOW, I am totally opposite of you, I hate it when they play the superbowl in Sunny California, or Florida, It Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!! REAL Football is played in the elements, thats what its all about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BE A REAL FOOTBALL FAN

When will the NFL wake up and play these big games like the Superbowl,

They play the Super Bowl in a predetermined location so people can plan for it months, years in advance. It's the biggest game seen in the world. Can you imagine how hard it would be if you only gave people 2 weeks to plan for it?

Even if they did this, wouldn't this take getting HFA away or more importantly teams trying to win games atthe end of the year. People are upset now that some teams rest players, imagine if playoff games were played at a neutral site? The Patriots would have been resting players in week 11. There would be no point in tryingto win as many games as you can, teams would just look to win the amount needed to secure a playoff spot.

Don't like it, :ninja:

I've got to agree with the others, this is weak. IF SD can't handle a few degrees below freezing, they deserve to lose.....and the field conditions will be just fine I'm sure. And the Giants play in cold weather so it's not a big deal for them. They are all men that play this game. They can put on their turtlenecks if need be.

Around 0 in Green Bay.

Single digits in New England.

I'm not sure of the wind chill, as that would potentially make it colder.

Milwaukee local news/weather said about -15 with the wind chill in GB on Sunday.

Weather.com has a wind advisory for Sunday in Boston....14-18 mph. Weatherunderground.com stating winds of 23-25 mph during gametime.

:ninja:

Milwaukee local news/weather said about -15 with the wind chill in GB on Sunday.

I'm kinda happy I didn't get tickets :dunno:

....not so much :music_guitarred:

Weather.com has a wind advisory for Sunday in Boston....14-18 mph. Weatherunderground.com stating winds of 23-25 mph during gametime.

:dunno:

advantage SD

Suite Life Baby!! Normally, I'm embarrassed to admit when I'm in a box at Lambeau, but this week I'm flaunting it. Besides, I earned my cold weather cred in Chicago this year. Damn, that was cold!

Arizona should be much improved! :dunno:

It's not really the frozen tundra anymore. They have a heated field in G.B and they will heat it to 55 degrees.

The temp will be ice cold but the ground wont be as hard is it really could be.

WOW, I am totally opposite of you, I hate it when they play the superbowl in Sunny California, or Florida, It Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!! REAL Football is played in the elements, thats what its all about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BE A REAL FOOTBALL FAN

Pipe down, assflute. How many of !!!!!! do you really need? :dunno:

It's not really the frozen tundra anymore. They have a heated field in G.B and they will heat it to 55 degrees.

The temp will be ice cold but the ground wont be as hard is it really could be.

its like an electric blanket :cry:

ok, not really..i was on the field for the carolina title game in 96 and it was focking cold then also...it basically keeps the field from a deep freeze..but trust me..its still hard...

still....as crappy as the field MIGHT be...at least it isnt the retarded field in dallas....

same with foxboro..it isnt the gayass indy turf....

REAL football time, b1tches....

focking 1 right now...i cant wait to transfer in the summer...florida, anyone? :overhead:

its like an electric blanket :pointstosky:

ok, not really..i was on the field for the carolina title game in 96 and it was focking cold then also...it basically keeps the field from a deep freeze..but trust me..its still hard...

still....as crappy as the field MIGHT be...at least it isnt the retarded field in dallas....

same with foxboro..it isnt the gayass indy turf....

REAL football time, b1tches....

focking 1 right now...i cant wait to transfer in the summer...florida, anyone? :thumbsdown:

Foxboro went to turf. HTH.

i guess its obvious that i havetn seen a pats game all year....

they probably changed over for their precious soccer team :thumbsdown:

oh well..ONE real game this weekend... :thumbsdown:

i guess its obvious that i havetn seen a pats game all year....

they probably changed over for their precious soccer team :lol:

oh well..ONE real game this weekend... :rolleyes:

They changed it mid-season last year because the field was slop. I think that the NFL may have "encouraged" them to do so. I am surprised that no one had the same biotching about that field in Pittsburgh this season. :lol:

Isn't there a big difference in the field turf they use at places like Foxboro and the artificial turf they use in domes? :music_guitarred:

Isn't there a big difference in the field turf they use at places like Foxboro and the artificial turf they use in domes? :dunno:

Not that I know of. All of the new stuff is ground up tires underneath. I think that they are using the same stuff in Detroit. Older domes are definitely using the older turf that is tough on the knees and scrapes you up pretty good.

ETA: They use FieldTurf, which is used in a lot of different places now.

http://www.fieldturf.com/installations/highProfile.cfm

Don't like it, :dunno:

:first: What a pvssy.

WHat is the point of playing the regular season and getting home field advantage then?

THis is football, it is supposed to be played like this. :lol:

Don't like it, :overhead:

That is the point. Just like different size stadiums in baseball. So you want to play all playoff games at a neutral site? You obviously don't live in an NFL city and don't understand the economics of the game. Who will attend all these games? Do you expect all the fans to fly to these sites to see the games? What seats do season ticket holders get? Half of the excitement of the game comes from the crowd. Neutral crowds are boring. Wake up and think about what you said. Football was made to be played in the elements, it always has and hopefully it always will. I think you should be a fan of the Area Football League.

To put that in perspective the Ice Bowl was -47 wind chill. This is a walk in the park. People are really becoming a bunch of whimps. No, I won't be out there but I don't live there either. I have been to games that cold so if you are going "it starts with the feet". Keep your feet warm and you are usually OK.