Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

How hard is it for ANY offensive line to stop ...

Seriously. What's the plan for that? As an offensive coordinator for the Patriots ... what's your plan to stop those 2 guys?

Osi is still young too, and I think he can break Strahan's sack record. He's the best young pass rusher in the NFL ... and nobody talks about him. His name is hard to spell.

Since the weather will be optimal for the passing game I would think spreading out four or five wide in a shotgun formation would make a ton of sense. Brady is one of the best and quickest decision-makers in the game and this would help neutralize the pass rush and put more pressure on the Giant secondary..

If you read Peter King's article in this week's SI he focuses on the line matchup from week 17 when the Pats played without their starting right side as well as Kyle Brady who is a monster blocker. He found:

-Brady completed 76% of his passes.

-The Giants sacked him once on 42 dropbacks.

-The Pats had seven scoring drives.

-Brady threw zero ints.

-On plays where Brady faced significant pressure he was 8/11 for 57 yards and a TD.

NE has not been called for a holding penalty in the superbowl. They will pay the refs off.

Osi had 13 sacks all year, and 6 in one game....So he had 7 sacks in the remaining 15 games...13 sacks is a great year, but I wouldn't call Osi unstoppable just yet. Obviously plenty of teams he played found him very stoppable.

Osi had 6 sacks in one game.

That's a record, isn't it?

Yeah, Osi has a bright future with the New York Giants.

Did I say Osi alone was unstopable?

STRAHAN!

As it was stated earlier the Giants sacked Brady twice in 42 pass attempts. New England was missing 2 starters on the line (Neal and Kazcur) as well as their best blocking TE (brady). So if the G-Men could only get to Brady twice out of 42 times last time, I'm not too worried about them applying pressure this time. Obviously the Giants led the league in sacks and are very capable of getting to the QB, but New England's o-line is arguably the best in the league (3/5 are pro bowlers), and if the Giants are getting to Brady the Patriots will probably switch up their plan to focus on short routes so Brady gets rid of the ball quickly before Osi and Strahan can get to him.

That's a record, isn't it?

Yeah, Osi has a bright future with the New York Giants.

I never said he didn't have a bright future. Stop putting words in my mouth. I just said he wasn't "unstoppable".

You could make a lot of "best of" arguments for Green Bay and Dallas too ... but how can you stop that front 4?

I give Strahan the credit for being a leader ... but Osi is in-human. OSI DOESN'T GET ENOUGH CREDIT! He's he man after Strahan retires for sure. Remember, when there were talks Strahan would retire? Like 6 months ago? Losing Tiki ... we could afford. Losing Strahan ..... pay the man his money.

I never said he didn't have a bright future. Stop putting words in my mouth. I just said he wasn't "unstoppable".

I didn't say he was unstopable either. All by himself. Scroll up.

Seriously. What's the plan for that? As an offensive coordinator for the Patriots ... what's your plan to stop those 2 guys?

Osi is still young too, and I think he can break Strahan's sack record. He's the best young pass rusher in the NFL ... and nobody talks about him. His name is hard to spell.

osi didn't do anything against the Cowboys in their 3 meetings this season. Flozell dominated him. maybe they should start by watching those tapes.

pretty bold statement, saying he's the best young pass rusher in the NFL.

good O-linemen can shut him down.

strahan is strahan, he'll get his.

they really had no impact the last time the teams played. i am not worried as a Pats fan

if any o-line can shut down the giants pass rush it will be the Pats. those guys are the unsung heros of that team.

if i were the giants i'd be worried about how that offense was going to attack my defense.

:scared:

Nice argument. I'll start responding to you once you reach 8th grade.

And to answer your question- the Pats already stopped the Giants front 4 in week 17.

Did you see that game? Watch it again. Look at the yards, time of posession, turnovers ... the calls ... watch that game again ... start to finish ... and tell me the Patriots didn't get lucky. Giants had that game. The Meaningless Bowl ... as both post-season games were decided.

Do your homework.

Did you see that game? Watch it again. Look at the yards, time of posession, turnovers ... watch that game again ... start to finish ... and tell me the Patriots didn't get lucky. Giants had that game.

Time of possession:

Pats-36:18

Giants-23:42

Turnovers:

Pats-0

Giants-1 (int)

Total yards:

Pats-390

Giants-316

What part is lucky?

YOU GOT IT!

Pats won all those positions ... and had to get lucky to win.

Watch the game again ... you'll see what I mean. Giants had it. Wont make the same mistake twice.

YOU GOT IT!

Pats won all those positions ... and had to get lucky to win.

Watch the game again ... you'll see what I mean. Giants had it. Wont make the same mistake twice.

My guess is if the Pats win all three of these categories on a neutral field playing a team with something to lose things will turn out OK for them.

You can pretty much throw out the tape on the week 17 game. Both teams will come out with a different game plan.

:nod:

Brandon Jacobs MVP?

:nod:

Brandon Jacobs MVP?

That would be nice, but Jacobs true value often tends not to show up in the stats, for his rushing numbers at least. If he's getting 3 yards a pop and keeping the offense on schedule while drawing extra bodies into the box, he's having a good game.

Just don't have Winston Justice guarding your blindside and Brady should be ok.

I think it's histerical that some people are actually arguing that the Giants pass rush isn't a concern. The guy on the D line that I think will be most significant in this matchup is Justin Tuck.

You wanna a surprise, ALRIGHT I'LL GIVE YOU A SURPRISE!

Steve Smith, 5 catches for 142 yards and a TD.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit. See, the idea with Boss was that he could come in and at least block as well as Shockey. Turns out he's better and he can catch. Hasn't seemed like we've missed Shockey ... which has given Smith some work in as the #3 WR. Kid's got skills ... like Moss dreams he had. Steve Smith ... the rookie ... you heard it here first.

Manning to Smith ....TOUCHDOWN!

Get used to it.

Oh yeah and TUCK!

:rolleyes:

I think it's histerical that some people are actually arguing that the Giants pass rush isn't a concern. The guy on the D line that I think will be most significant in this matchup is Justin Tuck.

Good call.