Sign in to follow this  
Enoch

Mess up and took a trade offer- that I don't want

I had two windows open for rone for roster. Plus I was look at more than one trade offer. I didn't like this offer at all & went to clear it out. Then I look up at the computer & say "Awaiting Approval" Still not sure how it happen.

Has anyone had somthing like this before?

I Love RB-Adrian Peterson and will never trade him- I same owner offer me Tom Brady & Fitz ( I turn down weeks before)

The offer was OK -Not good

Willie Parker & Larry Fitzgerald

for

AD & WR-Rice

anyone have any good input. This makes me sick to think I could lost my best player.

Talk to the other owner to see if he will accept your explanation....else you may just be screwed.

Hopefully you sent an email right after it happened. If the other guy does not reverse it, he is a jerk, imo. If he won't reverse it, you live with your mistake and go on. Sometimes mistakes we make turn out to be the best deals.

Depending on your team, I actually think it is a fair deal.

I had two windows open for rone for roster. Plus I was look at more than one trade offer. I didn't like this offer at all & went to clear it out. Then I look up at the computer & say "Awaiting Approval" Still not sure how it happen.

Has anyone had somthing like this before?

I Love RB-Adrian Peterson and will never trade him- I same owner offer me Tom Brady & Fitz ( I turn down weeks before)

The offer was OK -Not good

Willie Parker & Larry Fitzgerald

for

AD & WR-Rice

anyone have any good input. This makes me sick to think I could lost my best player.

I feel this is why so many people make ridiculous trade offers; just on the hope someone hits the wrong button. This is has never happen to me but I am very, very careful be for I hit any buttons on a trade.

We have a rule in my league where if you accidentally hit a button, or whatever other reason, you have 3 minutes from the time of the site's trade approval to notify the commissioner and the other party involved what happened. If this occurs, the trade will be reversed. If it goes beyond 3 minutes, its up to the owner to explain to the person who offered the trade his mistake. If they agree to undo the trade, it will be so, but only within a reasonable amount of time, i.e. within 24 hours or before a game. Otherwise, all trades on the website are considered accepted period.

If it happened to me I'd think my best bet would be to email the other owner and commish of the league immediately afterwards and let them know what happened.

After that though you are probably at the mercy of the other owner and the commish.

If I were the other owner and was notified quickly, I'd reverse the trade. but if you wait a day or longer, for sure I'm not reversing it. Between 1 and 24 hours I could go either way.

did the same thing last year. meant to trade tatum bell, accidentally sent willis mcgahee. immediately emailed the other guy and the league commish. asked them to forgive my stupidity. was handled quickly and fairly after that.

No offense intended, but if I were the other owner I wouldn't reverse the deal. Your claim to have hit the wrong button reeks of a reneg in disguise.

I don't know about the parameters of your league, but if I were dissatisfied with the fashion by which trades are done by simply "hitting a button" to consummate a trade of this proportion; I would do my utmost if I were you to have something else worked out where e-mails are exchanged and then forwarded to the commishioner for approval or something else to that effect so that there is no ambiguity in the transaction.

Even if you have to go to another stat service provider to do so it is worth it.

I would mention that to everyone in the league as opposed to try and get the deal reneged otherwise you may find yourself looking for another league to participate in.

Good luck regardless.

Little more info - if anyone cares

I e-mail both the commish and the other owner right after this went down (like 5 min. or less). I made this post less than half hour after

Got an e-mail from the commish asking if the other owner knows what happen. At this point in time, have not recieved anything thing from the other owner.

I don't want to cause problem in the league & will take whatevery the Commish & other owner say

Thanks for the input

Kinda happened in my Dynasty last year..... but we used MyFantasyLeague.com for the first time and a kid just wanted to send an offer to see if he'd be interested in doing the deal, but the other owner forgot to read the memo at the bottom and just accepted it..... the one kid told me right away so I reversed it as any legit Commish would do....

I can't see anyone having a problem with reversing it if you made a beef right away.... just an honest mistake.... good luck....

AD :wall:

any reasonable human being would have no problem reversing a trade that was an accident if it made clear SHORTLY after the trade.