Sign in to follow this  
yostevo

2008 Fearless Predictions

1. Arizona wins the west. Yes, I said Arizona. Seattle takes a step back and no one else is really ready IMO.

2. Pittsburgh vs. New Orleans Super Bowl. This just seems to make sense to me barring significant injuries.

3. Randy Moss will not score over 10 Tds. Teams started to develope coverages that took Randy out of the equation. It will continue.

4. Ryan Grant busts big time and Brandon Jackson takes over at some point and will be the Ryan Grant draft equivalent in 2009.

5. Kevin Smith of the Leos is ROY and the Lions do make the playoffs. :banana:

6. Rookie WR Adrian Arrington(7th rd.pick) of the Saints cracks the top three WRs on that team by 2009. He was a monster waiting to happen at the University of Michigan but it never materialized. It will happen in the pros.

1. Arizona wins the west. Yes, I said Arizona. Seattle takes a step back and no one else is really ready IMO. - Could happen unless Seattle can find a WR or a ground game

2. Pittsburgh vs. New Orleans Super Bowl. This just seems to make sense to me barring significant injuries. Doubtful with Pittsburgh's schedule this year. They could easily miss the playoffs.

3. Randy Moss will not score over 10 Tds. Teams started to develope coverages that took Randy out of the equation. It will continue. I think not more than 15TD's is more likely

4. Ryan Grant busts big time and Brandon Jackson takes over at some point and will be the Ryan Grant draft equivalent in 2009. That would just prove once again what a good GM TT is - having two starting calibre RB's.

5. Kevin Smith of the Leos is ROY and the Lions do make the playoffs. I could possibly see the first happening, but the 2nd prediction is laughable. I'm guessin we won't see that one resurface in January

5. Kevin Smith of the Leos is ROY and the Lions do make the playoffs. I could possibly see the first happening, but the 2nd prediction is laughable. I'm guessin we won't see that one resurface in January

It would take Kevin winning the ROY for the Leos to have a chance but I look at the division and I really do think the Lions seem to have pieces in place to make a run this year. Their offensive approach will take advantage of their skilled receivers. The defense should be improved with a retooled secondary. The keys for this team will be OL, LB and RB play.

I'll bite. We only live once right!

1. Dallas gets the playoff monkey off its back! But no Rings this year...

2. Adrian Peterson becomes mortal missing just a few games, but leads the Vikes to the playoffs.

3. Brett Favre sits on his couch this year. He'll try again next season...

4. Jacksonville upsets New England and Indy on the road to make it to the superbowl!

5. The Giants miss the playoffs!

2. Pittsburgh vs. New Orleans Super Bowl. This just seems to make sense to me barring significant injuries. Doubtful with Pittsburgh's schedule this year. They could easily miss the playoffs.

Bahh...I don't buy into over thinking the schedules until you get a feel for these teams (wk 4?) What Pitt has missed is a power running game and the oppurtunistic defense. I see both happening this year but.... we'll see.

I'll bite. We only live once right!

1. Dallas gets the playoff monkey off its back! But no Rings this year... meh...hard to imagine they could miss the playoffs

2. Adrian Peterson becomes mortal missing just a few games, but leads the Vikes to the playoffs. I see Minny winning the division

3. Brett Favre sits on his couch this year. He'll try again next season... Possible but not likely. Some team will ante up

4. Jacksonville upsets New England and Indy on the road to make it to the superbowl! They still need receivers

5. The Giants miss the playoffs! with the way SB teams have fluctuated, it wouldn't surprise me a bit

1. NY Jets grab a wildcard spot in the AFC with Pennington starting the full season

2. Super Bowl - Indy over Dallas

3. Troy Smith starts for Baltimore and they finish 8-8

4. ROY goes to Stewart in Carolina

5. Harrison never really returns to form and retires at seasons end

Bahh...I don't buy into over thinking the schedules until you get a feel for these teams (wk 4?) What Pitt has missed is a power running game and the oppurtunistic defense. I see both happening this year but.... we'll see.

:unsure:

Been saying for a while now:

The Winner of the NFC North is likely to go 8-8. No more than 9-7. :)

Oh - And The Giants will go back to being the -meh- team we all know and ignore. The SuperBowl in the NFC is like a fat chick - everybody gets their turn. They've had like 10 different teams in 12 years or something. It's kind of nice though. Reminds me of grade school where everybody gets a chance - no matter what kind of little tard you are.

1. Chris Johnson wins the ROY in Nashville.

2. Jevon Kearse is in the top 10 in the league in sacks.

3. Pac-Man Jones is not a Cowboy this time next year.

4. Teams with new coaches next season: Raiders, Bucs, Cowboys, Jets, 49ers, Seahawks, Lions, Bengals.

5. Darren McFadden will not lead the Raiders in Rushing.

Jeebus...Their schedule is only nominally harder than the Browns, Bengals and Ravens. All 4 of those teams are in the top 11 of schedule difficulty and I'd take the strength of the Steelers on both sides of the over any of the other three. Somebody has to win that division and it just might be a 9-7 Steelers team. But mark this down, only 1 team out of the AFC North makes the post season. But BEWARE that team in the playoffs if they're even reasonably healthy.

1. Arizona wins the west. Yes, I said Arizona. Seattle takes a step back and no one else is really ready IMO. Meh, maybe. But who cares, that division sucks.

2. Pittsburgh vs. New Orleans Super Bowl. This just seems to make sense to me barring significant injuries. The color scheme would be awesome!!! But alas, NO still has no defense.

3. Randy Moss will not score over 10 Tds. Teams started to develope coverages that took Randy out of the equation. It will continue. He'll score 10, but he won't come anywhere close to his total from last year. I'm thinking 14.

4. Ryan Grant busts big time and Brandon Jackson takes over at some point and will be the Ryan Grant draft equivalent in 2009. Shaping up as maybe true.

5. Kevin Smith of the Leos is ROY and the Lions do make the playoffs. :shocking: Stewart is gonna get ROY. Lions will guarantee that Kitna is wrong again.

6. Rookie WR Adrian Arrington of the Saints cracks the top three WRs on that team by 2009. He was a monster waiting to happen at the University of Michigan but it never materialized. It will happen in the pros. I'm going the other way. I think Meacham is gonna be the one that breaks out.

My $.02

1. The 49ers finish the season with J.T. O'Sullivan under center.

2. The Tennessee Titans will make the playoffs.

3. The Jacksonville Jaguars will not.

4. Matt Forte wins offensive rookie of the year, but the Bears finish with no more than 5 wins.

5. The Buccaneers finish last in their division (behind Atlanta).

5. Teams with new coaches next season: Raiders, Bucs, Cowboys, Jets, 49ers, Seahawks, Lions, Bengals.

That's a bold prediction. :thumbsup:

Okay,what the heck,I'll play as well. Might as well embarass myself in public.

(1) Tony Romo wins the NFL MVP. He also leads the Cowboys to the Super Bowl.

(2) Matt Leinart emerges as a legitimate FF QB, and passes for 3500 yards and 22 TDs.

(3) Andre Johnson leads the NFL in receiving yards and receptions.

(4) The Jacksonville Jaguars will win the AFC South.

(5) Stephen Jackson leads the NFL in rushing.

1. Arizona wins the west. Yes, I said Arizona. Seattle takes a step back and no one else is really ready IMO.

2. Pittsburgh vs. New Orleans Super Bowl. This just seems to make sense to me barring significant injuries.

3. Randy Moss will not score over 10 Tds. Teams started to develope coverages that took Randy out of the equation. It will continue.

4. Ryan Grant busts big time and Brandon Jackson takes over at some point and will be the Ryan Grant draft equivalent in 2009.

5. Kevin Smith of the Leos is ROY and the Lions do make the playoffs. :thumbsup:

6. Rookie WR Adrian Arrington of the Saints cracks the top three WRs on that team by 2009. He was a monster waiting to happen at the University of Michigan but it never materialized. It will happen in the pros.

I don't see anyone winning the West. I think everyone comes out of the West at 6-10 and they decide to disban it altogether. Otherwise, I like all of these bold predictions.

The Lions won't win more than 2 games this season.

Talk about going out on a limb. :thumbsup:

Okay,what the heck,I'll play as well. Might as well embarass myself in public.

(1) Tony Romo wins the NFL MVP. He also leads the Cowboys to the Super Bowl. It's foreseeable

(2) Matt Leinart emerges as a legitimate FF QB, and passes for 3500 yards and 22 TDs. Not buying it yet.

(3) Andre Johnson leads the NFL in receiving yards and receptions. So so talented but so so injury prone. I root for him.

(4) The Jacksonville Jaguars will win the AFC South. I have always liked Jax but their offensive shortcomings hurt them come playoff time.

(5) Stephen Jackson leads the NFL in rushing. I'm not sure their Oline will allow that to happen albeit he's talented enough to.

What the hell:

1) Seahawks are only team from NFC West to make playoffs

2) Sage Rosenfels finishes the season at QB for Houston, and outplays Schaub again

3) NO wins NFC South

4) Carolina gets wild card berth

5) Pats lose in AFC Champ game...to Pittsburgh

Nice thread Tivo during very boring times..

Lets just say the Eagles win the super bowl....as Kobb and Booker rally the troups...

1. Patriots win the SB - OK, not so bold

2. Terrell Owens spends much of the season injured and the Cowboys disappoint

3. Thomas Jones is a surprise RB in fantasy circles as he actually gets more than 2 TD's (I actually expect him to be a nice sleeper)

4. The NY Giants miss the playoffs and experience the hangover that is usually reserved for SB losers

5. The Carolina Panthers are the surprise team in the NFC

1. By the end of the 2008 season Green Bay's starting QB isn't Favre or Rodgers and their starting RB isn't Grant or Jackson.

2. Out of LT, ADP, Westy, S-Jax, Gore, Brady, and Moss 3 are 1st round busts.

3. ROY will not be a RB.

4. Chicago finishes no lower than 2nd in the NFC North.

5. Eli Manning finishes as a top 5 QB.

1.) TO and/or Romo will threaten the Brady/Moss records. They won't fall, but it will be closer than you think today.

2.) Indy goes .500 or below.

3.) Green Bay still wins the division by 2 games.

4.) Marvin Harrison might never play again, but will not play this year.

5.) Ricky Williams plays well enough to make you wish you'd taken a flyer on him a round earlier than he goes in your draft.

Ok...crack pipe down :overhead:

Oh...one last hit...

6.) Brandon Marshall will be suspended for the year, after the HOF inductions :unsure:

1. NY Jets grab a wildcard spot in the AFC with Pennington starting the full season

2. Super Bowl - Indy over Dallas

3. Troy Smith starts for Baltimore and they finish 8-8

4. ROY goes to Stewart in Carolina

5. Harrison never really returns to form and retires at seasons end

i expected something for the troy smith comment

1- Reggie runs for 1,000 and catches for 1,000.

2- Matt Leinart and Jason Campbell throw for 3500 plus.

3- Jax/Dallas Superbowl.

4- All Day and Randy do not finish in the top 5 at either of their respective positions.

5- NYG finish last in the NFC East.

i expected something for the troy smith comment

It's certainly not out of the realm of possibility and if he shows some accuracy along with his athleticism, it's not that big of a reach. It's Baltimore afterall. :rolleyes:

1. Buffalo makes the playoffs

2. Felix Jones ROY

3. NE loses before the AFC championship game

4. Ricky Williams plays all season

5. I win at least one of my fantasy leagues

1. Julius Jones finishes the season as a top ten RB in FF points

2. LT doesn't

3. Larry Johnson top 3

4. Moss breaks his TD record

5. Alge Crumpler has 10 TDs

1. Chester Taylor has more rushing yards than AD.

2. Frank Gore catches 100 passes

3. Chambers is a top 10 WR

4. The Redskins win the NFC East

5. My above predictions will be horribly wrong.

**UPDATED 12/28/2008 ***

1) J.Norwood finishes with more yrds than Turner (due to injury to Turner). **NOPE!

2) Edge gets hurt, Arizona signs S. Alexander and wins the NFC West. **1/2 POINT

3) D.Anderson proves he was NOT a one yr. wonder and throws for 3700-3800yrds 28-32 TDs / 2 rushing TDs. **NOPE!

4) Run DMC finishes in the top 10 (RBs) & wins ROY, but Raiders still finish well below .500! ** 1/2 POINT

5) McNabb starts ALL 16 games, stays relatively healthy ALL year and finishes with a very respectable 3500-3600 yrds. 23-25 TDs / 3 rushing TDs, landing him in the top 5 QBs at seasons end. ***BINGO - almost dead on right***

6) Crayton in Dallas turns the corner and breaks 1000yrds and adds 10 TDs, making him a good #2 WR or an AWESOME #3. **NOPE!

7) NYG's finish 3rd in the East, miss the playoffs, and go looking for a starting RB in the offseason ***NOPE!

8) No Denver RB will have more than 5 rushing TDs ***NOPE!

9) Favre is replaced by Romo as Maddens #1 man crush & thats all we hear from Thanksgiving until Romo retires on how good Romo is....... **NOPE, but there's always next year....

10) J. Peppers becomes the sack king this year ***NOPE, but he had a great year

1- Reggie runs for 1,000 and catches for 1,000.

2- Matt Leinart and Jason Campbell throw for 3500 plus.

3- Jax/Dallas Superbowl.

4- All Day and Randy do not finish in the top 5 at either of their respective positions.

5- NYG finish last in the NFC East.

Now those are bold! Well #3 wouldn't be totally shocking. Good job outta you though.

1. Chester Taylor has more rushing yards than AD. Are u assuming an AD injury?

2. Frank Gore catches 100 passes All depends on the QB play. Which of the QBs will check down that often?

3. Chambers is a top 10 WR Seriously underrated and showed his go to abilities late last year.

4. The Redskins win the NFC East This limb sticks out pretty far from the trunk!

5. My above predictions will be horribly wrong. Spot on. :doublethumbsup:

Turner really takes a dump in Atlanta. Because he is in a horrible situation and because he is very over rated. A lot of folks are going to be :music_guitarred:

Carolina fires head coach.

The Steve Smith suspension turns out disastrous.

No player from the Raiders has consistent Fantasy production in 2008. All offensive players bust from a fantasy football standpoint.

TO tears his hamstring the Boys fall apart and the Giants finish 11-5 and win the division shutting everybody up about a Super Bowl hangover.

1.) Mendenhall leads the Steelers in Touchdowns despite running for less than 500 yards.

2.) Jeff Garcia finishes with 24 total touchdowns and Bucs win Division.

3.) Leinhart slumps again. Replaced by Warner by week 5.

4.) Bryant Johnson scores 9+ touchdowns for San Fran.

5.) Favre leads league in Interceptions for team other than Pack.