Sign in to follow this  
yostevo

2008 Fearless Predictions

1. NY Jets grab a wildcard spot in the AFC with Pennington starting the full season

2. Super Bowl - Indy over Dallas

3. Troy Smith starts for Baltimore and they finish 8-8

4. ROY goes to Stewart in Carolina

5. Harrison never really returns to form and retires at seasons end

well half of number 1 is already over... number 3 looks focked unless flacco falls on his face for 3 or 4 games.... 4 might have a shot.... im also feeling good about 5

Ok, while we're at it:

1) Jones-Drew and Ryan Grant both finish as top 5 RBs.

2) Frank Gore becomes the bust of the draft.

3) TO gets injured early in the year, making the rest of the Dallas team mediocre at-best.

4) Favre finishes top 5 for QBs and Thomas Jones finishes in top 10 for RBs. :music_guitarred:

5) Braylon Edwards finishes as the top WR in the league, with Randy Moss a close second.

I know its early but these are looking like.....

FAIL

5. Kevin Smith of the Leos is ROY and the Lions do make the playoffs. :pointstosky:

:lol: :rolleyes:

I posted this on my league home page on MFL on August 20th. Some were good, some were bad, but none the less, fire away!

DeSean Jackson leads the Eagles in YAC. :unsure:

Hank Basket scores 6+ TD's but has a low reception and yardage total. (CLOSE ..)

LJ Smith leads the Birds not named Westbrook in Receptions. (..BUT NO CIGAR)

McNabb leads the eagles up to the NFC championship, gets hurts with 3 minutes to go down by six versus the Giants. Kolb comes in and throws the winning TD, then leads the Eagles to a Super Bowl win over big brother Manning and the Colts.

(YES, I AM A HOMER!)

The Skins loose in the first round of the playoffs.

The Chargers don't make the playoffs, instead Denver and Oakland finish 1 & 2 in their division and both make the playoffs. (OK SO OAKLAND IS IN SHAMBLES, OOPS!)

LT starts to decline ala Emmet Smith at the same age with the same career touches, and the same type of knee injury at the same time in his career.

The Pat's loose to the J-E-T-S 2x this year...

...And the Jets make the playoffs 1 game behind New England. (STARTING TO WONDER IF THE PATS EVEN MAKE IT)

Warner gets traded to the Niners. (NOW I'M LAUGHING AT MYSELF!)

The leading Rusher doesn't have a snappy nick like LJ, LT, S-JAX, or MBIII. It will be some one who's been "burning" to start. (AKA THE BURNER TURNER)

Receiving TD's will be at an all time low since the forward pass was invented due to the new force out rule causing Brady owners who expect 35+ TD's to cry as their season slips away. (LOOK AT MOST OF THE "STUD" RECIVERS TD TOTALS SO FAR THIS YEAR)

Midseason report card:

1. Arizona wins the west. Yes, I said Arizona. Seattle takes a step back and no one else is really ready IMO.

2. Pittsburgh vs. New Orleans Super Bowl. This just seems to make sense to me barring significant injuries.

3. Randy Moss will not score over 10 Tds. Teams started to develope coverages that took Randy out of the equation. It will continue.

4. Ryan Grant busts big time and Brandon Jackson takes over at some point and will be the Ryan Grant draft equivalent in 2009.

5. Kevin Smith of the Leos is ROY and the Lions do make the playoffs. :music_guitarred:

6. Rookie WR Adrian Arrington(7th rd.pick) of the Saints cracks the top three WRs on that team by 2009. He was a monster waiting to happen at the University of Michigan but it never materialized. It will happen in the pros.

1. (A) They are in position to win the west fairly easily it would appear. They have given away a couple of road games that they were in positon to win or this would already be complete.

2. (C+) It's tough to judge this one right now. Both teams have had a significant # of injuries (Parker,Bush,Colston,Roethlisburger). I still expect them to be in the playoffs at the very least and with no dominant teams emerging, could easily happen.

3. (B+) Moss has 4 TDs so he's on pace for less. Obviously this prediction was made with Brady in the mix but it was also partly to do with the fact that huge performances are usually followed up by significant dropoffs for whatever reason.

4. (B-) Grant has been pretty pedestrian for the most part with a couple nice games thrown in. I still can see him finding the bench if GB needs a spark at some point.

5. (F...and if I could go lower, I would) Smith has shown promise but hasn't been given ample enough oppurtunity because of his terrible defense, and worse coaching. The Lions themselves are a complete farce and I readily admit that I was completely duped by preseason expectations.

6. (Incomplete) He showed some early promise in camp and might have easily crawled the WR depth chart because of injury but that got shelved by the injured reserve.

Not bad, not great but we still have a long season to go.

Midseason check:

1) Seahawks are only team from NFC West to make playoffs

2) Sage Rosenfels finishes the season at QB for Houston, and outplays Schaub again

3) NO wins NFC South

4) Carolina gets wild card berth

5) Pats lose in AFC Champ game...to Pittsburgh

1) Not looking good for them in part because of a slew of injuries, and the week 11 game against AZ could be the final nail in the coffin.

2) Almost had this one for about 56 minutes. Sage threw it all away in the last 4. However, Schaub is looking pretty good now.

3) NFC South is very close, too early to tell who comes out on top.

4) If they don't end up winning the division they should be able to win a wild card spot.

5) Couldn't have predicted Brady going down, but NE might make the playoffs anyway. Pitt is arguably the next best team in the AFC below Tenn, and when fully healthy might be even better. They are still contenders.

1. Chris Johnson wins the ROY in Nashville.

2. Jevon Kearse is in the top 10 in the league in sacks.

3. Pac-Man Jones is not a Cowboy this time next year.

4. Teams with new coaches next season: Raiders, Bucs, Cowboys, Jets, 49ers, Seahawks, Lions, Bengals.

5. Darren McFadden will not lead the Raiders in Rushing.

1. Good so far.

2. Nope. Not even close.

3. Seems pretty likely.

4. I like my odds on all but the Bucs. I wiffed on that one. Still, 7-8 isn't bad.

5. Fargas and McFadden are in a horse race, with 341 for Dmac, and 273 for Fargas.

1. Good so far.

2. Nope. Not even close.

3. Seems pretty likely.

4. I like my odds on all but the Bucs. I wiffed on that one. Still, 7-8 isn't bad.

5. Fargas and McFadden are in a horse race, with 341 for Dmac, and 273 for Fargas.

Good calls thus far. It's sad to see how injuries have decimated Kearse or you might have been 5 for 5 by the end.

I predicted in another thread that Brees would be the #1 FF QB, so I'll log that here.

While I'm at it, I'll add that Barber will be the #1 FF RB.

And Edwards the #1 FF WR.

Brees: A+ : 'nuff said.

Barber: A : in the mix with Portis and Gore

Edwards: F--- : you know that feeling when a female frined says she knows somebody she thinks you will like, so you set up a double date, and the chick ends up being 300 lbs with 4 chins and a big hairy mole on her nose, but you are stuck on the date, and your frined and her date start making out, and fatty turns her mole to you and looks longingly in your eyes? That's how I feel when I click the start button on Braylon.

Some hits and misses..

1.) Mendenhall leads the Steelers in Touchdowns despite running for less than 500 yards.

2.) Jeff Garcia finishes with 24 total touchdowns and Bucs win Division.

3.) Leinhart slumps again. Replaced by Warner by week 5.

4.) Bryant Johnson scores 9+ touchdowns for San Fran.

5.) Favre leads league in Interceptions for team other than Pack.

1. Injury derailed that hope...

2. At least 1/2 wrong.. Garcia doesn't have a change but Tampa is only 1 game out of first.

3. WINNER! Happened quicker than I thought. Warner could be top 3 fantasy Q.B.

4. Nope

5. WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!!! Favre is currently tied with J.T. O'Sullivan and O'Sullivan has been benched!

1. The 49ers finish the season with J.T. O'Sullivan under center.

2. The Tennessee Titans will make the playoffs.

3. The Jacksonville Jaguars will not.

4. Matt Forte wins offensive rookie of the year, but the Bears finish with no more than 5 wins.

5. The Buccaneers finish last in their division (behind Atlanta).

1. At the time, Alex Smith was starting. Partial credit for O'Sullivan winning the job, but it appears unlikely he will regain it by year's end.

2. Check.

3. Looking good so far.

4. Forte is in contention, but the Bears have already hit 5 wins and seem likely to add more.

5. Swing and a miss. Bucs are second in the NFC South.

1.) TO and/or Romo will threaten the Brady/Moss records. They won't fall, but it will be closer than you think today.

2.) Indy goes .500 or below.

3.) Green Bay still wins the division by 2 games.

4.) Marvin Harrison might never play again, but will not play this year.

5.) Ricky Williams plays well enough to make you wish you'd taken a flyer on him a round earlier than he goes in your draft.

1.) Wrong. Totally wrong.

2.) Correct. 4-4 at the halfway point.

3.) Wrong. GB's a game back, but the chances that anyone but the Packers win the division is still .05%. I see the Pack still winning by 2.

4.) Wrong, sort of. Is he playing? Yes, but he's not in the top 50 in my $ league and is behind Ike Hilliard, Rashied Davis, and Donnie Avery. Half point?

5.) Correct. he went in the 13th in my $ league, Tatum Bell went 2 picks before him in the 12th, and Justin Fargus taken 2 picks after. Williams is clearly the best of the 3. He's scoring me 16 point today, and serving well as in my Flex/RB2-3. Not a beast, but there's guys in my league that wish they had snapped him up in the 12th.

2 for 5 on flier picks...not bad :music_guitarred:

1. Marvin Lewis is the first head coach fired this year.

2. Oakland Raiders finish with the 2nd best record in the AFC West (8-8), ahead of the Denver Broncos (7-9).

3. Packers go 12-4 to win the NFC North with Aaron Rodgers at the helm.

4. Lee Evans FINALLY becomes a reliable #1 receiver.

5. Marvin Harrison never plays another regular season down. :(

:pointstosky:

1. Patriots win the SB - OK, not so bold

2. Terrell Owens spends much of the season injured and the Cowboys disappoint

3. Thomas Jones is a surprise RB in fantasy circles as he actually gets more than 2 TD's (I actually expect him to be a nice sleeper)

4. The NY Giants miss the playoffs and experience the hangover that is usually reserved for SB losers

5. The Carolina Panthers are the surprise team in the NFC

OK. I will play along. Here is the midseason check:

1. Umm. Not looking good.

2. TO is not injured that I know of, but the 'boys have been a disappointment

3. Yup.

4. Not even close

5. Yup.

:banana:

4. Ryan Grant busts big time and Brandon Jackson takes over at some point and will be the Ryan Grant draft equivalent in 2009.

Brandon may be on his way. :thumbsdown:

Turner really takes a dump in Atlanta. Because he is in a horrible situation and because he is very over rated. A lot of folks are going to be :mad:

Im so glad im not :pointstosky: , i got him in both leauges :thumbsup:

1. Chester Taylor has more rushing yards than AD.

2. Frank Gore catches 100 passes

3. Chambers is a top 10 WR

4. The Redskins win the NFC East

5. My above predictions will be horribly wrong.

Was I on mushrooms?

5. My above predictions will be horribly wrong.
Was I on mushrooms?

I thought you were right on the money.

andre johnson finishes as #1 wr

MB3 puts up numbers equal to last years

aaron rodgers surprises

marvin harrison is a good #2 wr in normal scoring fantasy leagues

andre is up there, not #1 though, especially after today lol lol

eh-injured...

bingo

harrison is junk

Turner really takes a dump in Atlanta. Because he is in a horrible situation and because he is very over rated. A lot of folks are going to be :shocking:

The boy can "dump" on me anytime..................led me to a Championship...............and "tears" of joy.

The Bungles defense will finish the season ranked in the upper half of the AFC.

Farve will suck in the first few weeks, and will break down in tears even before the NY media starts hounding him for sucking so bad.

LT will get injured this year.

The Vikings will make it to the Super Bowl, but lose again.

Chad Johnson will break the record for receiving yards (1848)

- #12 in overall defense :banana:

- So, Farve sucked at the end of the season instead.

- LT did get hurt, but I was thinking season ending.

- Still a good chance for the Vikes.

- Chad Johnson :lol:

Tommy Maddox will throw for over 5,000-yards this year.

Seriously:

- Arizona wins their division.

- Giants repeat as division winners.

- The Lions will go 0-16.

- One of the NFC wildcard games will come down to the Eagles and Cowboys. The Eagles will blow them out by nearly 40-points and Romo will choke again.

- A team will make the playoffs with an 8-8 finish. I'll guess... hmmm... the Chargers.

- Drew Brees will threaten Dan Marino's yardage record but fall short... by say... hmmm... I dunno, 16 yards give or take a few.

- The Patriots will NOT make the playoffs this year.

Not bad... only missed on the Maddox prediction. :first:

Not bad... only missed on the Maddox prediction. :wacko:

I've got this thread saved to a file since the the last day of the preseason. ;)

1. Patriots win the SB - OK, not so bold

2. Terrell Owens spends much of the season injured and the Cowboys disappoint

3. Thomas Jones is a surprise RB in fantasy circles as he actually gets more than 2 TD's (I actually expect him to be a nice sleeper)

4. The NY Giants miss the playoffs and experience the hangover that is usually reserved for SB losers

5. The Carolina Panthers are the surprise team in the NFC

1. :cry: Can't even make the playoffs

2. Is being mentally defective consider being injured? I vote yes and this one is correct.

3. Yup.

4. FALE!

5. :wacko:

3 of 5 isn't bad, but it would have me sitting at home watching the playoffs just like the Patriots. ;)

Okay,what the heck,I'll play as well. Might as well embarass myself in public.

(1) Tony Romo wins the NFL MVP. He also leads the Cowboys to the Super Bowl.

(2) Matt Leinart emerges as a legitimate FF QB, and passes for 3500 yards and 22 TDs.

(3) Andre Johnson leads the NFL in receiving yards and receptions.

(4) The Jacksonville Jaguars will win the AFC South.

(5) Stephen Jackson leads the NFL in rushing.

Man, right on only 1 stinkin' prediction. Not exactly Nostradamus-like.

Just so everyone is aware, a thread like this supports my annual rants that FF is 100% luck.

You had no more a shot at making these predictions right based upon your "skill" as you do the outcome of your drafted players' performances each year.

No skill. All luck.

1. Arizona wins the west. Yes, I said Arizona. Seattle takes a step back and no one else is really ready IMO.

2. Pittsburgh vs. New Orleans Super Bowl. This just seems to make sense to me barring significant injuries.

3. Randy Moss will not score over 10 Tds. Teams started to develope coverages that took Randy out of the equation. It will continue.

5. Kevin Smith of the Leos is ROY and the Lions do make the playoffs. :banana:

6. Rookie WR Adrian Arrington(7th rd.pick) of the Saints cracks the top three WRs on that team by 2009. He was a monster waiting to happen at the University of Michigan but it never materialized. It will happen in the pros.

1. "A" They walked away in a bit of a laugher for the division and it wasn't a fluke as evidenced by their superbowl run.

2. "B" Predicting Pittsburgh was thinking a bit outside of the box in what was supposed to be a rough and tumble AFC. Things definitly played into Pitts hands but a good pick none the less. N.O. on the other hand :unsure: I over estimated the improvements on D and injuries did them no favors at all.

3. "C+" Okay, so he ended up with 11 which meant he got more than 10. Of course, with Brady, he probably gets more but this pick was based on the idea that players who have such amazing statistical years some how, some way, come crashing back down to Earth. I'd say Randy came back to the pack and didn't live up to draft status.

4."C" Grant didn't bust per se, but he was living on the edge Aerosmith style. He was very inconsistant and that kills fantasy teams. A very ho hum RB this year. It should be noted that I don't think Brandon Jackson can stay healthy to ever prove himself anyways.

5. "F+" I don't have to even comment on the Lions but I added a "+" just because Kevin did show some skills. On a good team, he may have been in the running for ROY. However, he was the driver of the short bus.

6. "I" (incomplete) As mentioned earlier in the thread, he started camp off like gangbusters but got hurt and passed on the depth chart. N.O. thought enough of their 7th rd pick to IR him and not cut him. Should mean bigger things for dynasty owners (like myself) in such a pass happy offense.

Just so everyone is aware, a thread like this supports my annual rants that FF is 100% luck.

You had no more a shot at making these predictions right based upon your "skill" as you do the outcome of your drafted players' performances each year.

No skill. All luck.

Yeah, but it's still fun to throw out predictions and see how you do! Other than that, yes I agree, alot of luck involved in fantasy football.

QUOTE(Belushi @ Aug 1 2008, 12:37 PM) post_snapback.gif

2. Pittsburgh vs. New Orleans Super Bowl. This just seems to make sense to me barring significant injuries. Doubtful with Pittsburgh's schedule this year. They could easily miss the playoffs.

QUOTE(yostevo @ Aug 1 2008 11:50 AM)Bahh...I don't buy into over thinking the schedules until you get a feel for these teams (wk 4?) What Pitt has missed is a power running game and the oppurtunistic defense. I see both happening this year but.... we'll see.

:dunno:

Lions do make the playoffs. :rolleyes:

Now don't act like you haven't had ludicrous predictions about your Royals and Chiefs. :doublethumbsup:

Now don't act like you haven't had ludicrous predictions about your Royals and Chiefs. :nono:

if you go back to page 2, my prediction was the Chiefs would win 6 games. I was 4 off, you were at least 10 :cry: