Sign in to follow this  
ramblin'wreck

What Does It Take To Move Brandon Marshall?

If you own Brandon Marshall, what will it take for you to trade away Marshall?

Yesterday I was offered LT for my Marshall and I turned it down. Three months ago I would jump at this trade without even thinking.

Own him in two leagues and for me, it'd take one of the other untouchables at a different position that filled a need for me.

QB - Romo

RB - Barber

At this point in the season, that's it

Own him in two leagues and for me, it'd take one of the other untouchables at a different position that filled a need for me.

QB - Romo

RB - Barber

At this point in the season, that's it

In my keeper league, I offered Romo to the Marshall owner who is a Cowboy fan. He turned me down. :cheers:

I'd probably trade him for TO. Change that to might, it's something I'd definitely have to sleep on.

I'd consider Romo if a decent WR was thrown in as well.

I'd consider LT and Witten as I'm pretty weak at TE. Though I'm pretty strong at RB.

I was trying to be creative, that's all I could really come up with.

I might trade him for Marion Barber, but I'd have to really think about it, maybe Romo and a 2nd or 3rd tier WR. But it would be hard to trade him, cause i think he's in for a monster year!

d. anderson and b edwards for marshall, just went through in my league.

I was offered Fitz and Hines Ward and I turned that DOWN!

i own Marshall AND Barber (was mentioned as another untouchable) and am 1-2 thanks to some craptastic play by my other WR's.

*if i told you my other RB's you would cry at how this team is 1-2

I would not even consider it. Will just laugh and turn that down the second it was offered.

I have Marshall, Barber, Westbrook and Romo on the same team..

So uh, there would be no one I could trade him for.

And before anyone makes a comment about a 4 team league, its a 12 team, 2 man keeper league..

:nono:

Championship!

And before anyone makes a comment about a 4 team league, its a 12 team, 2 man keeper league..

:nono:

Championship!

Thats all well and good.......but my team of Cutler, Marshall, Wayne, Witten, Turner, Jones-drew would flatten your team!! :shocking:

wow. that looks to me to be a very, very bad move on the part of the original baby t.o. owner. clevland is just terrible (i drafted d.a. as my #1 q.b.). edwards is nothing like last year. i think there was some juice included under the table on this trade.

My team of Marshall , Santonio Holmes, Steven Jackson , Ryan Grant, Vernon Davis and Tom Brady will take ya all on . errrr maybe not.

Nah just kiddin.

I let it be known to my league I wouldnt trade Marshall for anyone except maybe a healthy LT , westbrook, Gore or Peterson (maybe Barber) and since I also own Peterson thats out. Theres no TE , Reciever or QB (Not even Romo) I would trade him for . Only talking one on one trades.

Thats all well and good.......but my team of Cutler, Marshall, Wayne, Witten, Turner, Jones-drew would flatten your team!! :D

Turner and Jones-Drew?

Eh, not really.

Turner dominated against the 2 worst teams in the NFL. His production is about to drop.

As for Jones-Drew, Jax has some issues, and he's only had 1 good game.

Its a nice team, but Romo, Barber, Westbrook, Marshall are all tops at their positions.. Kind of hard to beat that.

Thats all well and good.......but my team of Cutler, Marshall, Wayne, Witten, Turner, Jones-drew would flatten your team!! :D

Nice... since some of us are comparing, 12 team redraft $$ league (in existence for 13 years now): Cutler, Gore, Lynch, Marshall ..... Unfortunately, I also have Holmes, Cotch & White to round out my WR corps (must start 3). Holmes & Cotch have been disappointing...and I haven't started White since week 1 (when Marshall was on suspension)

he is performing at the top5 level positionally; thus, id ask no one less than barber, bush [ppr], wayne [who could quickly accrue monster stats as the season develops], cutler, rodgers, romo.

Nice... since some of us are comparing, 12 team redraft $$ league (in existence for 13 years now): Cutler, Gore, Lynch, Marshall ..... Unfortunately, I also have Holmes, Cotch & White to round out my WR corps (must start 3). Holmes & Cotch have been disappointing...and I haven't started White since week 1 (when Marshall was on suspension)

Wait, I wanna play too!!!

Cutler/Rivers, Lynch, Turner, Marshall, Reggie Wayne, Santana Moss, Andre Johnson and Marques Colston...TE is the only position where I don't have at least 2 spots on my roster in the top 8.

*10 team league in it's 7th year...and I drafted everybody there except Colston, who I promptly snagged after he was dropped. Also have Jonathan Stewart, Kevin Smith and Chris Perry, just for good measure*

You guys are delirious! Marshall is a stud and all, but he is a WR. True most RBs have lower values and all with all the RBBC and specializing, but that makes the true stud RBs all the more valuable. You have to prefer a stud RB (at true stud) to a stud WR, even if he's a Moss-when-he-was special caliber WR. You turned down LT?! And nobody's questioning that act here? As special as Marshall is, he's gonna come back to earth a little, if only because his current pace is unreal and unsustainable.

Preseason studs like LT, AP, Westbrook and Gore should be nobrainers. LT will not stay down for long, and in fact reverted to his true form last week. You may be scared off by the injury I guess, but you gotta take that risk. All these guys except for Gore have injuries, but they should be pretty minor. Other RBs currently in the top 10 in my non-PPR league that look like they might stay there: Forte, Bush, and Lynch; Forte's a rookie, so we'll say he'll hit the rookie wall at some point. That leaves 6 RBs that I'd put above the top WR.

He's not that special.

:headbanger:

Championship!

I'll play this game.

I have Adrian Peterson, Michael Turner, Greg Jennings, and Kurt Warner & Jason Witten, McFadden, Slaton, Perry, Favre, Palmer, Cotchery on the same team: 12 team ppr, 1-keeper, 6 pt passing TDs.

Oh, and my 10 team league ppr redraft...drumroll..........Cutler, Westbrook, Reggie Bush, Brandon Marshall, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Kellen Winslow (and a sweet bench too). Best team ever!

- I'd consider either LT or All Day for Brandon Marshall, that's about it, and I'd have to think about it.

I just traded for him in 1 league. I drafted Warner late in most of my leagues. The guy who drafted Brady was sitting with only DA and Cassel at QB. I also have Rivers and Favre at QB. I traded him Warner, Santana Moss (gotta sell high), Edge and Hightower for Marshall, Forte and Deuce. Then with the open spot I picked up Rudi.

Now my starters are: Rivers, MB3, MJD, Forte, Marshall (aka Uno-Cinco), Steve Smith

and my flex/bye players: Favre, Ocho-Cinco, Bowe, Royal, Meachem, Rudi, Ricky, Deuce

I wouldnt trade him, I would listen to offers but they must include a better RB that I have and an almost comparable WR like Wayne, TO

Considering I have Gore and Bush in a ppr I really dont see many upgrades

I wouldnt trade him, I would listen to offers but they must include a better RB that I have and an almost comparable WR like Wayne, TO

Considering I have Gore and Bush in a ppr I really dont see many upgrades

That's pretty much the way I see it too. My RB's are Gore & Lynch; while not stellar, I think pretty good combo. I'd need to receive MBIII & a T.O. or Wayne as well; I'm guessing I'd have to ship Marshall & Lynch. If that's the scenario, I figure, what's the point? I'd feel like I'm moving pretty equal combined value, so it really doesn't do me any good, at least given the situations all these players seem to be in right now

Obviously if you were weak at another position or two trading Marshall for two quality starters could save your season. I own him but right now my team is one of the best teams I have ever had in 15 years of FF so I have no need to trade him. I could play the game of bragging about my team but I don't want to jinx it :headbanger:

For me, right now, Marshall is untouchable.

Someone just say they wouldn't trade Marshall for Marion Barber?

Another dude said he'd "consider" LT AND Witten?

:cry:

Someone just say they wouldn't trade Marshall for Marion Barber?

Another dude said he'd "consider" LT AND Witten?

:cry:

for real, people are getting delusional over this guy after 2 games. he's great and probably the number 1 WR by years end....probably. but give me a break.

The question was: "what does it take". If takes LT & Witten, that's a personal decision. Unless I had Brady and was left Joe Flacco as QB, I wouldnt trade Marshall for ANY player. If you drafted well, you shouldnt have such a glaring weakness at any one position where the value would be worth it.

Don't trade him!

Thats all well and good.......but my team of Cutler, Marshall, Wayne, Witten, Turner, Jones-drew would flatten your team!! :mad:

I am going to have to trump you two and flatten you both with a starting team of Rodgers, MB III, Lynch, Fitz, Megatron, Marshall, Winslow

You guys are delirious! Marshall is a stud and all, but he is a WR. True most RBs have lower values and all with all the RBBC and specializing, but that makes the true stud RBs all the more valuable. You have to prefer a stud RB (at true stud) to a stud WR, even if he's a Moss-when-he-was special caliber WR. You turned down LT?! And nobody's questioning that act here? As special as Marshall is, he's gonna come back to earth a little, if only because his current pace is unreal and unsustainable.

Preseason studs like LT, AP, Westbrook and Gore should be nobrainers. LT will not stay down for long, and in fact reverted to his true form last week. You may be scared off by the injury I guess, but you gotta take that risk. All these guys except for Gore have injuries, but they should be pretty minor. Other RBs currently in the top 10 in my non-PPR league that look like they might stay there: Forte, Bush, and Lynch; Forte's a rookie, so we'll say he'll hit the rookie wall at some point. That leaves 6 RBs that I'd put above the top WR.

He's not that special.

I think your Delirious! He is unstoppable...plays in a weak ass division. Has a beast of a Qb throwing to him! Right now in PPR leagues he ranks right up there with Gore, Bush and Barber. And thats only with 2 games under his belt. If he wasnt suspended this guy is NUMBER 1 right now. This guy is a lock for 120plus receptions, 1500 to 1800 yards 15-18 td's

I am going to have to trump you two and flatten you both with a starting team of Rodgers, MB III, Lynch, Fitz, Megatron, Marshall, Winslow

I would say you and all of you would stand no chance if MOSS was the moss of last year!!! Cutler, Turner, Jones-drew, Moss, Wayne, Marshall, witten

He's a player that looks immortal right now. Every owner is going to want to world for him, so your best bet is to wait for him to have an off week. The posts in this thread are proof of how over valued he is. Even if he puts up Moss type numbers he still isn't worth MBIII, Westbrook, Bush. I mean come on... :bandana: Are you going to take Marshall #1 overall next year? :cry: