Sign in to follow this  
mrgymrat

Help Thread - Ask Away

(THURS) >>> I'm home all day while the wife is sick and sleeping... ASK AWAY :dunno:

(FRI) >>> I actually had to go to work but I am willing to answer your questions during my lunch or after 5:00pm PST

Thanks!

I need to pick 3 of these WR's to play. Not PPR.

Cotchery vs. Arizona

Brandon Lloyd vs. Philly

Torry Holt vs. Buffalo

Eddie Royal at KC

R. Meachem vs. SF

Keeper League...

do i drop kitna or cassell to pick up quinn? already have rodgers

I would drop Cassel for Quinn but keep in mind Quinn will make mistakes. Browns have to do something though. Kitna has good targets and can throw the ball if need be. What about Matt Ryan? He is available in several of my leagues and could be a nice keeper down the road.

Need RB help. I've got:

Westbrook

Parker

Grant

Selvin Young

With Parker out and Westbrook questionable, do I ride out the week with Grant and Young or go to the waiver wire. Top pick ups available on our waiver wire are Slaton (who will most likely not be available to me), Lendale White, Mendenhall. If I pick up one of these guys who do I drop. Thanks.

I Posted this earlier and haven't gotten any response. Thanks for your help!

________________________________________________________________________________

Here's the deal: this is an 8 team league and each team has a deep bench. Another owner has offered Randy Moss to me in exchange for Jamal Lewis. Normally, I would never give up a #1 RB for WR, however, I am deep at running back and my WR crew is suspect (compared to the top teams in my small league). Plus, I'm having a hard time giving up on the fact that Moss could still have a good to great year. Here is my RB situation: Addai, Gore, Jones-Drew, Slaton, Fargas, J. Stewart. At WR I have: Edwards, Evans, D. Jackson, and Engram. We start 2 RB's and 2 WR's with one flex. Lewis is currently a flex spot play for me. We get points for receptions as well as yards. Would you make this trade?

Thanks!

I need to pick 3 of these WR's to play. Not PPR.

Cotchery vs. Arizona

Brandon Lloyd vs. Philly

Torry Holt vs. Buffalo

Eddie Royal at KC

R. Meachem vs. SF

Since no PPR then based on Week 3

1. Cotchery - nice matchup

2. Lloyd - not a big fan of Lloyd but he looks like the #1 guy in CHI

3. Holt - never sit your studs but Holt was only 4-37 last week. I would sit Holt vs tough Bills DST against what the "experts" say. I don't think Trent Green will make any difference. The O line still sucks. But it is at home.

4. Meachem - great matchup vs 49ers. I love Meachem and would start him instead of Holt as Saints roll but that's me

5. Royal - I started him Week 3 and was disappointed 4-11. He has a good matchup but Marshall will see all the balls & Broncos should run at will vs KC

----

So it seems to come down to Holt or Meachem. I would roll Meachem personally. GL

Need RB help. I've got:

Westbrook

Parker

Grant

Selvin Young

With Parker out and Westbrook questionable, do I ride out the week with Grant and Young or go to the waiver wire. Top pick ups available on our waiver wire are Slaton (who will most likely not be available to me), Lendale White, Mendenhall. If I pick up one of these guys who do I drop. Thanks.

Parker is out for sure. I dropped Selvin 2 weeks ago and he's still on the WW. I would add:

1. Slaton - who was over 100yds vs Titans (nuff said)

2. Lendale - redzone carries (2 tds last week)

All of your RB's have tough matchups this week so I would go with:

1. Westy vs CHI (If Westy is out then Slaton vs JAX)

2. Grant vs TB

BTW... Selvin may have a good week vs KC but Pittman will get all the scores

I Posted this earlier and haven't gotten any response. Thanks for your help!

________________________________________________________________________________

Here's the deal: this is an 8 team league and each team has a deep bench. Another owner has offered Randy Moss to me in exchange for Jamal Lewis. Normally, I would never give up a #1 RB for WR, however, I am deep at running back and my WR crew is suspect (compared to the top teams in my small league). Plus, I'm having a hard time giving up on the fact that Moss could still have a good to great year. Here is my RB situation: Addai, Gore, Jones-Drew, Slaton, Fargas, J. Stewart. At WR I have: Edwards, Evans, D. Jackson, and Engram. We start 2 RB's and 2 WR's with one flex. Lewis is currently a flex spot play for me. We get points for receptions as well as yards. Would you make this trade?

YES, I would make the deal given your RB depth. But as a Moss owner I don't think he'll do much. Seems pretty similiar to what he was doing in OAK (and I traded for him then thinking he would come around and he never did). When Randy isn't interested in playing, he doesn't play.

But you're only giving up Lewis who woudn't start for you most weeks anyway with the rebound of Mojo and immergence of Slaton.

Is O'Sullivan worthy of a start over New Orleans? I also have Big Ben but I am scared of what the Ravens Defense might do.

Yes, I would start JT vs the Saints and not be too worried. The Saints haven't stopped anybody the last 2 years and although I am not completely sold on O'Sullivan (I dropped him this week as my backup instead of Delhomme), the fact that he is playing in a Mike Martz system and Martz likes him means he should continue to put up stats (not necessarily wins).

On a 2-1 Team and here is my roster:

QB: Rothlesburger and T. Edwards

RB M. Barber, C. Perry, L. Johnson, S. Slaton

WR Calvin Johnson, Chad Johnson, Bryant Johnson, Ike Hilliard, Marvin Harrison, Tory Holt

K John Kasay

DEF Bears

I have a tough opponent this week and not really high on starting the Bears D against Philadelphia, With Calvin Johnson, Harrison on Bye I am forced to start Chad Johnson, Bryant Johnson, Ike Hilliard (Rams are a mess not starting Holt). So my question is this, would you drop Harrison or someone else and pick up the Bills Defense to start against the Rams. Secondly if Bryant Johnson can't go due to a bad Hammy who would you pick up P. Crayton, I. Bruce. C. Stuckey or H. Baskett.

Thanks in advance :thumbsdown:

Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond.

Okay, here is my question:

A guy on another team offered up Moss/Welker for trade. His roster is Big Ben, TEdwards, Driver, Bruce, Moss, Welker, CStuckey, FWP, FTaylor, Dunn, BJacobs, Duckett, Witten.

I have: Brees, boldin, CJohnson, Plax, BLloyd, and Berrian, Portis, Lynch, Betts, Norwood, Slaton, Mendenhall, and Julius Jones; Cooley.

Initially I was thinking about Slaton for Welker straight up, but nervous about QB situation, and whether giving up Slaton will haunt me. Another idea I had was Mendenhall + BLloyd for Welker since the other guy has FWP.

The reason I am even thinking about a trade is to make sure I have a good flex play down the road in case JJones comes back to earth, thinking Welker might be the guy. I will also have more flexibility with Welker, while Plax is out another week.

We start QB, 3 WRs, 2 RBs, 1 flex (RB/WR), and TE, + K + D

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Including, just stand pat and don't make any trades!

On a 2-1 Team and here is my roster:

QB: Rothlesburger and T. Edwards

RB M. Barber, C. Perry, L. Johnson, S. Slaton

WR Calvin Johnson, Chad Johnson, Bryant Johnson, Ike Hilliard, Marvin Harrison, Tory Holt

K John Kasay

DEF Bears

I have a tough opponent this week and not really high on starting the Bears D against Philadelphia, With Calvin Johnson, Harrison on Bye I am forced to start Chad Johnson, Bryant Johnson, Ike Hilliard (Rams are a mess not starting Holt). So my question is this, would you drop Harrison or someone else and pick up the Bills Defense to start against the Rams. Secondly if Bryant Johnson can't go due to a bad Hammy who would you pick up P. Crayton, I. Bruce. C. Stuckey or H. Baskett.

Thanks in advance :dunno:

I personally have the Bills DST and think they are a great play this week. I would drop Hilliard instead of Harrison to pick up the Bills DST (Harrison has more upside IMO but they are producing the same). IF you drop Harrison someone will pick him up, if you drop Hilliard he will most likely still be there to pick up next week.

If Bryant Johnson can't go then I would go:

(of the WRs you listed)

1. Bruce @ NO

2. Baskett @ CHI

3. Stuckey vs AZ

4. Crayton vs WAS (he has too many other targets on his team w/ the immergence of Miles)

---

Other WRs who might be available:

Patten NO

Meachem NO

Hardy BUF (Parrish is out 4-6 weeks so maybe Hardy gets some more looks)

Bryant TB

HOPE THIS HELPS! :lol:

Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond.

Okay, here is my question:

A guy on another team offered up Moss/Welker for trade. His roster is Big Ben, TEdwards, Driver, Bruce, Moss, Welker, CStuckey, FWP, FTaylor, Dunn, BJacobs, Duckett, Witten.

I have: Brees, boldin, CJohnson, Plax, BLloyd, and Berrian, Portis, Lynch, Betts, Norwood, Slaton, Mendenhall, and Julius Jones; Cooley.

Initially I was thinking about Slaton for Welker straight up, but nervous about QB situation, and whether giving up Slaton will haunt me. Another idea I had was Mendenhall + BLloyd for Welker since the other guy has FWP.

The reason I am even thinking about a trade is to make sure I have a good flex play down the road in case JJones comes back to earth, thinking Welker might be the guy. I will also have more flexibility with Welker, while Plax is out another week.

We start QB, 3 WRs, 2 RBs, 1 flex (RB/WR), and TE, + K + D

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Including, just stand pat and don't make any trades!

If you're going to trade for a Pats WR then I think Welker would be the one (he will still get his catches on intermediate routes). I would not give up Slaton. If he can get 100+ yds vs Titans then he is the real deal.

I would do the Mendenhall + BLloyd for Welker deal. Like you said the FWP owner probably wants that.

My rb's are Marion Barber, Larry Johnson and Lendale White. I'm considering making an offer to the Steven Jackson owner. Larry Johnson and Calvin Johnson for Steven Jackson and Amani Toomer. He still has Willis McGahee and Earnest Graham.

I feel like Steven Jackson could have a much better second half of the season with a soft schedule, returning o-line and better conditioning. This is assuming he stays healthy - just tweaked his groin again. I'm fearful of Marion Barber getting lots of rest in weeks 15 and 16 if they continue to win. I feel like the upside of Steven Jackson over Larry Johnson is considerable.

The SJAX owner needs help at WR and he may bite with an offer of Calvin Johnson. I know Calvin's a beast, but the unstability of that offense scares me. Amani Toomer is very consistent. My other wr's are Antonio Bryant, Bryant Johnson, Eddie Royal, Isaac Bruce, Bobby Engram and the Bengals Chris Henry, due to come back. I realize I don't have any stud wr's, but I look for consistency. Witten is my TE and McNabb is QB.

Would you attempt this?

A long one!

I've got a deal set to trade E. Manning and E. Royal for Addai. My plan had been to trade Lewis or MJD and possibly Jackson or Williams (hate to give up on Moss too early) for a WR1 or upper WR2 with another team. Now wondering if maybe I should see if can rework the trade to include Housh. He has Housh, Bowe, Baskett and C. Johnson, T. Jones, R. Grant, C. Perry at RB. Seeing he's desperate for a QB might get Addai and Housh for E. Manning, Lewis or MJD, Williams, Royal? Don't want to kill the deal but seems like he's the only responsive owner out there.

The other teams:

WR: Boldin, Ward, Crayton, Edwards RB: AP, Forte, Brown

--- he's on top and scoring well, so not sure he'd want to mess with his team at this point. Could use another RB...wonder about Ward or take a chance on Braylon? Did that with R. Moss and think it backfired unless passing game goes downfield more.

WR: Smith (Car), VJax, Bruce, Jackson (Den), Brown (Phi), Stallworth RB: Westbrook, Parker, Mendenhall

--- needs some help at RB at least for now, see Smith's stock rising though not sure how much he'll really strengthen my team. Proposed a trade but heard nothing back for two days.

WR: Holt, Oucho, M. Harrison, Clayton, Jenkins RB: Gore, Portis, Edge

--- could use some depth at RB, but is anyone really worth picking up? Does Holt have any potential?

WR: TO, A. Johnson, C. Johnson, D. Thomas, Burleson RB: Jacobs, F. Jones, McFadden

--- not bad at RB, but could use some depth. Would likely ask for more than willing for TO. A. Johnson is in a bad situation at the moment - will it get better?

WR: Fitz, L. Evans, S. Moss, S. Holmes, B. Johnson RB: S. Jackson, LenDale, McGahee, Morris TE: Shockey, Daniels

--- could use a bit of help at RB, Evans might be good with Edwards passing more down field. Fitz would be a good pickup, but too costly? And another owner that doesn't respond to trades.

Given the "negatives", see anything workable? I'm leaning towards taking the deal and put offers out there and be patient until can work something out.

would love some help here.

who should i start? dump, etc?

yes, thank you. i listed my starters:

QB: rogers

2 RB: LT, McGahee (who i'm reading may be sitting monday)

WR/RB: sproles

2 WR: Cotchery, Miles Austin

TE: Scheffler

D/ST Broncos

K: mason crosby

BENCH

Favre QB

Ronnie Brown RB

Stuckey WR

Vincent Jackson WR

Quick one... I have Barber and need a 2nd RB

Portis vs Dallas

or

Perry vs Cleveland?

Normally Portis is a shoe-in, but against Dallas I'm not so sure

(also have Mendenhall or Slaton)

While I'm asking... 3 WR's (Marshall is a given)

Marshall

Andre

Cotch

Bowe

My rb's are Marion Barber, Larry Johnson and Lendale White. I'm considering making an offer to the Steven Jackson owner. Larry Johnson and Calvin Johnson for Steven Jackson and Amani Toomer. He still has Willis McGahee and Earnest Graham.

I feel like Steven Jackson could have a much better second half of the season with a soft schedule, returning o-line and better conditioning. This is assuming he stays healthy - just tweaked his groin again. I'm fearful of Marion Barber getting lots of rest in weeks 15 and 16 if they continue to win. I feel like the upside of Steven Jackson over Larry Johnson is considerable.

The SJAX owner needs help at WR and he may bite with an offer of Calvin Johnson. I know Calvin's a beast, but the unstability of that offense scares me. Amani Toomer is very consistent. My other wr's are Antonio Bryant, Bryant Johnson, Eddie Royal, Isaac Bruce, Bobby Engram and the Bengals Chris Henry, due to come back. I realize I don't have any stud wr's, but I look for consistency. Witten is my TE and McNabb is QB.

Would you attempt this?

BuschWack-

Not sure I would do this as I see both SJax and LJ as being in the same boat. I think giving up Calvin is too much in this case. Of the two RBs, I agree that SJax has the better upside since LJ's schedule down the road is much harder but the Rams pretty much suck also.

I'm guessing your top 3 WRs will be B Johnson, Henry, & Engram if you trade Calvin. Does he have another WR that is better than Toomer? I played Toomer last year an he was solid (low risk) but you already have that in Bruce & Royal.

What about trading LJ for somebody else? Or trading LJ for SJax straight up? (If I was the SJax owner I would take LJ)

I just posted this in a separate thread, but here for your convenience!

Willie Parker's owner in my league had a great first two weeks, with Westbrook, Parker, Ryan Grant, and Ronnie Brown as his RBs. Now he's got Parker out for the week and Westbrook uncertain, and Ronnie Brown on bye. He's left to play a still-hurting Ryan Grant and either hope for Westbrook to be all right or grab someone off the waiver wire, and it's very thin (Buckhalter's gone, for one).

Whaddaya think about a trade of an RB (T. Jones, Slaton, or Graham) for either Parker or Ronnie Brown? I only plan to start two of them this week, and Willie P. could be an upgrade when he heals, while Brown obviously showed he had a lot of ability last week. Yes, his best day of the year is certainly past us, but he might be shifting into more of a full-time starter in Miami after this.

BuschWack-

Not sure I would do this as I see both SJax and LJ as being in the same boat. I think giving up Calvin is too much in this case. Of the two RBs, I agree that SJax has the better upside since LJ's schedule down the road is much harder but the Rams pretty much suck also.

I'm guessing your top 3 WRs will be B Johnson, Henry, & Engram if you trade Calvin. Does he have another WR that is better than Toomer? I played Toomer last year an he was solid (low risk) but you already have that in Bruce & Royal.

What about trading LJ for somebody else? Or trading LJ for SJax straight up? (If I was the SJax owner I would take LJ)

Thanks. With SJax's groin not feeling well again, this is especially risky.

Hey Mr.GymRat,

I need some help this week as to who I should start at RB. I have 4 RB's - Portis, Turner, Forte, and Perry. I've been starting Portis and Turner, but this week I am really wondering what I should do. I want to start Perry and against them cupcakes called the Browns, but I'm not sure whom to sit or start. What do you think?

Thanks a bunch!

Thanks. With SJax's groin not feeling well again, this is especially risky.

Whenever I hear announcers talking about groin injuries on gameday, I always think about George C. Scott's Oscar-winning performance in "Man Getting Hit by Football." Just had to get that thought in there.

A long one!

I've got a deal set to trade E. Manning and E. Royal for Addai. My plan had been to trade Lewis or MJD and possibly Jackson or Williams (hate to give up on Moss too early) for a WR1 or upper WR2 with another team. Now wondering if maybe I should see if can rework the trade to include Housh. He has Housh, Bowe, Baskett and C. Johnson, T. Jones, R. Grant, C. Perry at RB. Seeing he's desperate for a QB might get Addai and Housh for E. Manning, Lewis or MJD, Williams, Royal? Don't want to kill the deal but seems like he's the only responsive owner out there.

The other teams:

WR: Boldin, Ward, Crayton, Edwards RB: AP, Forte, Brown

--- he's on top and scoring well, so not sure he'd want to mess with his team at this point. Could use another RB...wonder about Ward or take a chance on Braylon? Did that with R. Moss and think it backfired unless passing game goes downfield more.

WR: Smith (Car), VJax, Bruce, Jackson (Den), Brown (Phi), Stallworth RB: Westbrook, Parker, Mendenhall

--- needs some help at RB at least for now, see Smith's stock rising though not sure how much he'll really strengthen my team. Proposed a trade but heard nothing back for two days.

WR: Holt, Oucho, M. Harrison, Clayton, Jenkins RB: Gore, Portis, Edge

--- could use some depth at RB, but is anyone really worth picking up? Does Holt have any potential?

WR: TO, A. Johnson, C. Johnson, D. Thomas, Burleson RB: Jacobs, F. Jones, McFadden

--- not bad at RB, but could use some depth. Would likely ask for more than willing for TO. A. Johnson is in a bad situation at the moment - will it get better?

WR: Fitz, L. Evans, S. Moss, S. Holmes, B. Johnson RB: S. Jackson, LenDale, McGahee, Morris TE: Shockey, Daniels

--- could use a bit of help at RB, Evans might be good with Edwards passing more down field. Fitz would be a good pickup, but too costly? And another owner that doesn't respond to trades.

Given the "negatives", see anything workable? I'm leaning towards taking the deal and put offers out there and be patient until can work something out.

I might message him and suggest the Addai and Housh for E. Manning, Lewis or MJD, Williams, Royal deal. But make sure to tell him you are happy if it's just E Manning & Royal for Addai. I'm guessing he won't part with Housh (maybe would have been willing prior to last week's showing).

I think the only reason you're getting Addai also is because he has only had one good week. Another good week and I'm thinking he would keep him as well. You are getting a good deal so be happy with that.

You want to keep this owner as an ally since not many people are trading... so make sure the deal works for him as well. That way down the road maybe he will deal with you again (since nobody else will). If I haven't heard back from an owner in 1 day, I usually pull the offer. If he's interested he will message me back or offer me back. Most times I hear nothing.

> Does Holt have any potential?

Not really until the Rams figure things out. The move to Trent Green seems desperate to me.

> A. Johnson is in a bad situation at the moment - will it get better?

Yes. I think the addition Slaton should open the offense up. Not being able to run the ball in the NFL just kills offenses. The Texans could throw last year and have the same personnel so AJ should become relevant again. They do seem to have a tougher schedule though.

My feelings are always being looking to make your team better so I offer a lot of 2 for 1 deals (throwing in an extra average RB or WR to sweeten the deal). You can always pick someone up to replace them. Most kickers and DST's are the same so unless you have an elite one then I am never afraid to drop my PK or DST and add a WW player early in the week and try to include him in a deal for an upgrade or someone who happens to be hurt and on someone's bench.

Kinda long on my part, hope this helps! :overhead:

would love some help here.

who should i start? dump, etc?

yes, thank you. i listed my starters:

QB: rogers

2 RB: LT, McGahee (who i'm reading may be sitting monday)

WR/RB: sproles

2 WR: Cotchery, Miles Austin

TE: Scheffler

D/ST Broncos

K: mason crosby

BENCH

Favre QB

Ronnie Brown RB

Stuckey WR

Vincent Jackson WR

Wow, first thing I noticed is that you are really thin at WR. I would be worried about having to start Miles. Whose on the WW?

QB

Rodgers vs TB

Favre vs ARZ - (I would seriously consider starting Favre w/ this matchup & Betrand Berry probably out)

RB

LT

McGahee

WR/RB

Sproles (no other choice unless you pick someone up... Slaton is gone I presume?)

WR

Cotchery

??? (I would pickup Hardy, Meachem or even I Bruce to play at #2 WR instead of Miles but that's just me)

The rest is what you have to go with. Ronnie Brown is a good flex person down the road.

GL

I just posted this in a separate thread, but here for your convenience!

Willie Parker's owner in my league had a great first two weeks, with Westbrook, Parker, Ryan Grant, and Ronnie Brown as his RBs. Now he's got Parker out for the week and Westbrook uncertain, and Ronnie Brown on bye. He's left to play a still-hurting Ryan Grant and either hope for Westbrook to be all right or grab someone off the waiver wire, and it's very thin (Buckhalter's gone, for one).

Whaddaya think about a trade of an RB (T. Jones, Slaton, or Graham) for either Parker or Ronnie Brown? I only plan to start two of them this week, and Willie P. could be an upgrade when he heals, while Brown obviously showed he had a lot of ability last week. Yes, his best day of the year is certainly past us, but he might be shifting into more of a full-time starter in Miami after this.

First off, I am huge on Ronnie Brown & Steve Slaton (I got great draft value on Ronnie in 5 of my 7 leagues). I was also able to get Slaton is 5 of my leagues.

I also have T Jones & Graham in one league (on the same team) and they haven't done much. I would offer them both for Ronnie Brown. It will probably take more than that so you might have to go Slaton & T Jones for Brown or FWP.

Not sure the owner will part with them (I wouldn't) but you never know. I would just take the chance that Westbrook plays (which is what I am doing this week). If Westy doesn't play then I will go w/ Pittman who should get a couple TDs vs KC.

Does that help?

Hey Mr.GymRat,

I need some help this week as to who I should start at RB. I have 4 RB's - Portis, Turner, Forte, and Perry. I've been starting Portis and Turner, but this week I am really wondering what I should do. I want to start Perry and against them cupcakes called the Browns, but I'm not sure whom to sit or start. What do you think?

Thanks a bunch!

I have Perry in several leagues and am thinking of starting him in those as well. He's been playing well the last couple weeks and the Bengals O made an appearance for the 1st time this year so i think he will be huge vs CLE.

1. Turner vs CAR - I think you have to start Turner as he is the leading rusher in the NFL

2. Perry vs CLE -?

3. Forte vs PHI - I think Forte will find a way to get his even vs the PHI DST (4th leading rusher)

4. Portis vs DAL - 12 for 36 yds in wk 11 (2007), 25 for 104/2 TDs in wk 17

I think DAL will roll and shut down the Redskins like Wk 11 last year and Perry is a better matchup vs a bad Browns team than Forte.

Quick one... I have Barber and need a 2nd RB

Portis vs Dallas

or

Perry vs Cleveland?

Normally Portis is a shoe-in, but against Dallas I'm not so sure

(also have Mendenhall or Slaton)

While I'm asking... 3 WR's (Marshall is a given)

Marshall

Andre

Cotch

Bowe

RB

--------------------

1. MBIII vs WAS

2. Perry vs CLE - nice matchup vs winless Brownies

3. Slaton vs JAX

4. Portis vs DAL - think he will get shutdown like wk 11 in 2007

5. Mendenhall - no way

WR

------------------------

1. Marshall - as you said obvious

2. Cotchery - nice matchup vs ARI

3. AJ - running game is going, Texans might be able to throw now

4. Bowe - not impressed with KC or any of their QBs ability to throw the ball

hi please help

currently im 2-1

i had tom brady

so now my QB situation is not the best (trent edwards, delhomme)

it is a ppr league, and individual pr/kr td's count for the player and team defense

i got offered Phillip Rivers (leading my league in QB FF pts)

for Desean Jackson (flex player)

my other WRs are fitzgerald, welker, berrian, lloyd, henderson..

since desean is a flex i can also start a RB there (pierre thomas, deangelo williams, ahmad bradshaw)

should i do it or no?

i figure rivers + one of my other flex will outscore edwards +jackson almost every week

i dont think rivers will finish the year as #1 FF qb, but i think he is an upgrade and will have bigger games more often than edwards will

what do you guys think?

thanks

hi please help

currently im 2-1

it is a ppr league, and individual pr/kr td's count for the player and team defense

i got offered Phillip Rivers (leading my league in QB FF pts)

for Desean Jackson (flex player)

since desean is a flex i can also start a RB there (pierre thomas, deangelo williams, ahmad bradshaw)

should i do it or no?

Oh yes, most definitely do it. Kevin Curtis is almost back so what effect that will have on DeSean remains to be seen. I think when you look at how the Eagles have spread the ball around to DeSean, Baskett, Avant, Brown, Lewis & the RBs then you have to wonder how many balls DeSean will actually see when Curtis & Westbrook are both healthy at the same time.

Rivers on your team is no question a major upgrade. Maybe see if you can trade Delhomme or Edwards for something as you don't need both. (BTW, I just traded Desean for Felix Jones last week) so DeSean's value is pretty high right now

Oh yes, most definitely do it. Kevin Curtis is almost back so what effect that will have on DeSean remains to be seen. I think when you look at how the Eagles have spread the ball around to DeSean, Baskett, Avant, Brown, Lewis & the RBs then you have to wonder how many balls DeSean will actually see when Curtis & Westbrook are both healthy at the same time.

Rivers on your team is no question a major upgrade. Maybe see if you can trade Delhomme or Edwards for something as you don't need both. (BTW, I just traded Desean for Felix Jones last week) so DeSean's value is pretty high right now

thanks..after talking to a bunch of others and your nice response..i accepted it..just wanted some more votes of confidence

i think i may have to trade delhomme (cuz river and delhomme have same bye week) instead of edwards..your right..i should try and get a flex or a backup te since i need one for witten

thanks again

thanks..after talking to a bunch of others and your nice response..i accepted it..just wanted some more votes of confidence

i think i may have to trade delhomme (cuz river and delhomme have same bye week) instead of edwards..your right..i should try and get a flex or a backup te since i need one for witten

thanks again

You're welcome. I have Delhomme in many of my leagues and am waiting for him to show up. Not sure there is much value on him until that happens. Edwards will be fine as a bye week replacement.

I know Keller is available in one of my leagues. I would grab him. GL

My feelings are always being looking to make your team better so I offer a lot of 2 for 1 deals (throwing in an extra average RB or WR to sweeten the deal). You can always pick someone up to replace them. Most kickers and DST's are the same so unless you have an elite one then I am never afraid to drop my PK or DST and add a WW player early in the week and try to include him in a deal for an upgrade or someone who happens to be hurt and on someone's bench.

Kinda long on my part, hope this helps!

Yes, definitely helps. I don't think I will try any additional offers to the owner as it could mess up the current deal and as you said, don't want to burn any bridges. All around it was helpful and good advice :overhead:

oh...and hope your wife is feeling better!

Yes, definitely helps. I don't think I will try any additional offers to the owner as it could mess up the current deal and as you said, don't want to burn any bridges. All around it was helpful and good advice :overhead:

oh...and hope your wife is feeling better!

Thanks... glad to help. I hope she feels better as well.

#1 Drop V. Jax for Engram? He's Hass's #1 when he comes back Week 5. V. Jax is good, but Engram is a PPR stud.

#2 Who's the best bye fill-in...

TB @ CAR

SD vs. NE

ATL vs. CHI

SF vs. PHI

MIA @ HOU

IND vs. BAL

I think MIA can have a good game against HOU. PIT and TEN have buys so those managers will be jumping on fill-ins as well....I need to get a jump start because I have a tough week 6 match-up!

I'm thinking about trading away Fitz (and Pittman) for Plaxico and Colston, but having second thoughts. Standard Non PPR redraft league.

I basically play 2 WRs with space for 2 more at flex and currently start Brandon Marshall, Fitz, and Chad Johnson at WR.

Although Fitz is a stud, i'm basically betting on Plaxico and Colston to return to form after they return from their respective byes/injury/suspension which won't be sooner than week 6. I am a liitle nervous that Colston won't recover fully, but on the flip side Warner is injury prone and Fitz's production goes down drastically if he is hurt.

I'm currently 3-0 and can survive the next two weeks if I make the trade

Would you do it?

#1 Drop V. Jax for Engram? He's Hass's #1 when he comes back Week 5. V. Jax is good, but Engram is a PPR stud.

#2 Who's the best bye fill-in...

TB @ CAR

SD vs. NE

ATL vs. CHI

SF vs. PHI

MIA @ HOU

IND vs. BAL

I think MIA can have a good game against HOU. PIT and TEN have buys so those managers will be jumping on fill-ins as well....I need to get a jump start because I have a tough week 6 match-up!

1. Yes, I would drop Vjax for Engram (especially since Engram is by far the Hawks best WR... Hass will find a way to find him)

2. I'd probably go SD vs NE after what MIA did to the Pats and it's in SD. HOU could be a problem by then since they have found a running game w/ Slaton & that should help Schaub & AJ in the passing game.

have fitz and boldin...wanted to break up that duo since right after draft night (boldin's value was too good to pass up on with the first pick in the 5th round). anyway, i can obtain braylon edwards for Anquan...is that a good buy low, sell high?

I'm thinking about trading away Fitz (and Pittman) for Plaxico and Colston, but having second thoughts. Standard Non PPR redraft league.

I basically play 2 WRs with space for 2 more at flex and currently start Brandon Marshall, Fitz, and Chad Johnson at WR.

Although Fitz is a stud, i'm basically betting on Plaxico and Colston to return to form after they return from their respective byes/injury/suspension which won't be sooner than week 6. I am a liitle nervous that Colston won't recover fully, but on the flip side Warner is injury prone and Fitz's production goes down drastically if he is hurt.

I'm currently 3-0 and can survive the next two weeks if I make the trade

Would you do it?

Yep, I am a big fan of Plax & Colston so wouldn't even hesitate to pull the trigger on this deal (especially since Pittman can be replaced with Pierre Thomas as far as goalline RBs go).

I have Chad in one of my leagues and have backed him up w/ Chris Henry. I'm not thinking that Chad will be productive at all (which sucks for him since he's hoping to get a reworked contract at the end of the season) so making a move for Colston at a discount is real genius on your part.

I also agree with your assessment of Warner (who I start in almost all of my 7 leagues) that he will more than likely go down at some point. And Leinart ain't the answer to that question.