Sign in to follow this  
mambokings

-

Focking CBS has yet to credit Reggie Bush for these kick return touchdowns :thumbsdown:

Most leagues would give this to special teams - not Reggie Bush.

its not CBS. it depends on your league's scoring setup if they count special teams touchdowns just for that TEAM's ST/DEF or for the individual.

most leagues do not count individual punt returner kick returner stats

Not my league. Both the special teams and the ind. player get 6.

If a guy scores he should get credit for a TD. IMO its a terrible rule to not award it to the player as well.

:thumbsdown:

If a guy scores he should get credit for a TD. IMO its a terrible rule to not award it to the player as well.

Special teams is special teams.

if a kicker runs in a fake fg he should get credit for scoring? :lol: :doh:

Special teams is special teams.

if a kicker runs in a fake fg he should get credit for scoring? :lol: :lol:

:doh:

TDs are TDs.

And yes, on the rare occasion that a kicker runs in a fake FG for a TD then he should get 6 and would in my league.

My league had to institute the "Reggie Bush Rule" last year that allowed for the return TD's to count for the individual player. We found that it was just to hard trying explaining to people why the TD that they watched their player score didn't count. :doh:

Double dipping, one of those needs to go away..

Desmond Howard

Dante Hall

Devon Hester

...now Reggie Bush

Same argument, different year. If you are going to give it to a player, what's the point of having Special Teams? So if I had both Bush and the Saints, I would get 12 on the same play (plus points for distance of the TD for both as well?) Doesn't make sense.

So if I had both Bush and the Saints, I would get 12 on the same play (plus points for distance of the TD for both as well?) Doesn't make sense.

Same as if you had a league with some IDP and DST and your IDP got a turnover. You would get the points for the turnover, but so would the owner of that defense.

Double dipping, one of those needs to go away..

Why?

Double dipping happens on every TD pass.

If a guy scores a TD he gets credit for it. PERIOD.

Thats the way it is in my league and the way it should be IMO. I dont see any compelling argument any other way. To each his own and you guys can play in leagues where guys dont get credit for scoring TDs and I'll keep playing in my league where you can enjoy watching a guy in your starting lineup get you points for making plays and gettin in the endzone.

Why?

Double dipping happens on every TD pass.

If a guy scores a TD he gets credit for it. PERIOD.

Thats the way it is in my league and the way it should be IMO. I dont see any compelling argument any other way. To each his own and you guys can play in leagues where guys dont get credit for scoring TDs and I'll keep playing in my league where you can enjoy watching a guy in your starting lineup get you points for making plays and gettin in the endzone.

You need to take special teams away from defense then, no point in having it.

Desmond Howard

Dante Hall

Devon Hester

...now Reggie Bush

Same argument, different year. If you are going to give it to a player, what's the point of having Special Teams? So if I had both Bush and the Saints, I would get 12 on the same play (plus points for distance of the TD for both as well?) Doesn't make sense.

The number of guys who actually return kicks and would regularly be in someone's FF lineup is prolly 1 or 2 in any given year, usually less.

Again, I see no good reason not to award TDs to both.

You need to take special teams away from defense then, no point in having it.

I dont need to do anything. Everyone in my league loves the scoring.

The fact is that on the overwhelming majority of special teams TDs the guy who scores is not the type of player who would be in someone's lineup. But when it is, there is no reason not to give them credit for . . . . . .

SCORING A TD.

I dont need to do anything. Everyone in my league loves the scoring.

The fact is that on the overwhelming majority of special teams TDs the guy who scores is not the type of player who would be in someone's lineup. But when it is, there is no reason not to give them credit for . . . . . .

SCORING A TD.

Stfu and chill out, good lord.. Most leagues aren't scored that way.

Good for you that it is..

Im chillin.

And I never said most leagues were scored that way. Just shared how mine is scored.

You can STFU though.

Thread of the night. :doh:

Thread of the night. :lol:

I always love a good argument. But really its to each his own. As long as you know the rules going into the draft it doesnt matter.

Bush's night is very interesting though. In my league (PPR and get credit for return TDs) Bush has close to 30 points. In other leagues he could have 9.

Like I said, to each is own but if Im a Bush owner in another league and I see him break off 2 nice piunt returns for TDs yet he still only scored me 9 points IM PISSED.

Aw well, good night ladies.

Untrue.

I would say that most "real" leagues would score TDs to the individual who scored them and not some catch-all team thing.

Play IDP or even just team DEF and NOT D/ST. Why lump two thirds of the game into one score?

I always love a good argument. But really its to each his own. As long as you know the rules going into the draft it doesnt matter.

Bush's night is very interesting though. In my league (PPR and get credit for return TDs) Bush has close to 30 points. In other leagues he could have 9.

Like I said, to each is own but if Im a Bush owner in another league and I see him break off 2 nice piunt returns for TDs yet he still only scored me 9 points IM PISSED.

Aw well, good night ladies.

:banana:

We realized it increases the luck factor.....and got rid of it....probably 8 years ago when it was "The Galloway Rule".

There's only a few of these guys in the league....not enough to go around to all the teams.

So why have it ?

Is MJD returning today ?, SS ? Galloway ? Deion Sanders ?

You never know....and certianly don't have draft prep with these "possibilities".....if so it would be completely random and impossible to predict.

RBs, WRs, QB, get rewarded for offensive production, that's how they're draft and that's how they're rewarded.

Not a dumb luck punt return.

God forbid....have that lead to win, get into the Playoffs (which are luck of the draw also)...and a team get into a position of $$$$$$.

3 of my leagues do, and I like it a lot better than the ones that do not count

In my league, if a guy gets in the endzone, he gets the points. Run, catch, return, blocked kick, hell, if a guy shat a TD he'd get the points for it. The special teams gets the 6 points, too. If you happen to own both, you double dip. No different than your QB throwing to your WR. It's a symbiotic relationship - the punt return team blocked well enough for Bush to score, and Bush used his natural skills to take it to the house.

If Reggie Bush lined up all alone against an 11 man punting team, would he score? Not a chance in hell.

If a punt return team lined up with no one back deep to return the punt, would they score? Not bloody likely.

This subject is amusing to me because in one of my leagues, it's the defense/special teams who gets credit for any kickoff or punt return touchdowns and not the player. A few of us approached the commissioner about changing that rule so that the Devin Hester/Reggie Bush/whoever owner would get credit for a touchdown along with the team. The commissioner declined, claiming that if we did that then everyone would have to draft a kick returner. Umm....what?

This subject is amusing to me because in one of my leagues, it's the defense/special teams who gets credit for any kickoff or punt return touchdowns and not the player. A few of us approached the commissioner about changing that rule so that the Devin Hester/Reggie Bush/whoever owner would get credit for a touchdown along with the team. The commissioner declined, claiming that if we did that then everyone would have to draft a kick returner. Umm....what?
You can't change midseason....but everyone would have to redo their projections.

Let's say Minn decides to run Berrian in Punt returns.....and he scores on a couple TDs...yippee for the Berrian owner who know has stumbled onto a small gem to know ability of his own.

THIS IS WHAT'S BULL SHIAT.

He drafted Berrian as a WR...this is what's unpredictable about this, and shouldn't be rewarded for having the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

WRs lineup on the LOS and are rewarded for "positive yards" on offense....not returning a fumble on the hands team of an onside kick...more bullsiat.

3 of my 4 leagues scores the TD for both the player and the D. Seems lame that a guy can make a great play, score a TD, and get nothing. If you all know the rules before the draft, draft accordingly. If you draft a guy hoping he actually gets return TDs, you will most likely be disappointed. Pretty rare and unpredictable.

As far as double dipping, it is no different than a Manning to Harrison TD, they both get 6 for one TD. How about the infamous Brad Jonhson double TD (please correct me if it wasn't BJ). He threw a pass, was deflected, he caught it and ran it in for the TD. Got credit for both the pass TD, and the reception TD.

3 of my 4 leagues scores the TD for both the player and the D. Seems lame that a guy can make a great play, score a TD, and get nothing. If you all know the rules before the draft, draft accordingly. If you draft a guy hoping he actually gets return TDs, you will most likely be disappointed. Pretty rare and unpredictable.

As far as double dipping, it is no different than a Manning to Harrison TD, they both get 6 for one TD. How about the infamous Brad Jonhson double TD (please correct me if it wasn't BJ). He threw a pass, was deflected, he caught it and ran it in for the TD. Got credit for both the pass TD, and the reception TD.

Well said.

When I was posting before I was only speaking about my main league. I then realized that in all 3 of my leagues, one of which I own Bush in, Bush got his points for his TDs. As I see others post it looks like saying that "most" leagues only score it for special teams and not the player is FALSE. And as it should be.

This rule also impacted me in my main league as my opponent played Desean Jackson and I started Philly's D/special teams. We both got 6 points for the TD.

You can't change midseason....but everyone would have to redo their projections.

Let's say Minn decides to run Berrian in Punt returns.....and he scores on a couple TDs...yippee for the Berrian owner who know has stumbled onto a small gem to know ability of his own.

THIS IS WHAT'S BULL SHIAT.

He drafted Berrian as a WR...this is what's unpredictable about this, and shouldn't be rewarded for having the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

WRs lineup on the LOS and are rewarded for "positive yards" on offense....not returning a fumble on the hands team of an onside kick...more bullsiat.

I should have been more specific: We approached him before the season started and well before the draft. I agree that leagues should avoid changing rules mid-season. And OF COURSE an owner should be rewarded for "finding a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow." That's one of the points of free agency and the waiver wire, innit? Your player crosses the goal line with the ball in his hands, you should get the credit.

Your player crosses the goal line with the ball in his hands, you should get the credit.

I disagree.

Donald Driver puts up 30yds and no TDs and a pathetic afternoon at the WR position on my team...and I lost against another guys WRs who outperformed mine in receiving TDs + receiving yards.

THEN,

At the end of the game, the SPECIAL TEAMS comes onto the field to defend an onside kick attempt.

Driver is in on the hands team, and somehow gets the muff, and goes in for the score.

Now I've won because of a dumb luck TD that won't be found in the NFL statistics under "receiving", but under "special teams".

We voted to take this dumb luck scenario out of our scoring....your leagues can have it if you like it.

Interesting post. I've been playing ff for more than 30-years -- and have a theory I'd like to test.

In this political season, it would be interesting if people would weigh-in on their political preference when answering this question.

My feeling is that people who tend to vote 'D' would probably say 'no double-dipping,' while 'R's' would say "points to the player AND to Def/ST.

(Although I've been wrong before!)

What say you?

Yowza! You guys really started talking about something here. I thought you would fear the (-) and move on...now I feel compelled to give it a title.

Well in my leagues, the player gets a full 6 points for kickoff/return TDs whilst the ST only gets 3 points fora kickoff/return TD... Both get points but it favours the actual player more than the DST.

Interesting post. I've been playing ff for more than 30-years -- and have a theory I'd like to test.

In this political season, it would be interesting if people would weigh-in on their political preference when answering this question.

My feeling is that people who tend to vote 'D' would probably say 'no double-dipping,' while 'R's' would say "points to the player AND to Def/ST.

What say you?

What about Libertarians?

What say you?

It's not about "double dipping"....it's about WR getting bonus points for nothing they did as a WR.

We (at least my leagues) draft/strategize/build projections/study based on them being WRs...yards and TDs.

Anything else is BS...uh "Special Teams".

I don't vote D or R, but for the better person, and in this case the better duo....so it's D.

My wife can buy Avon from Palin, but we're not voting for her to be Vice President of the United States..... <_< (wife and I both college educated)

McCain could fall over any day, then she's Commander in Chief !... :unsure:

"you betcha"...needs to go back to Alaska and take care of her family....that needs it.

Desmond Howard

Dante Hall

Devon Hester

...now Reggie Bush

+1

A few years ago I was in a league that awarded individual points for return TDs and yards. Picked up Wes Welker (in Miami at the time) and ended up with a top-3 WR based almost solely on kick punt and kickoff returns. It was a pretty stupid league. :headbanger:

Excellent thread! It forced me to check the scoring in my league. We award the player for return TD's and the Def/ST for the same. If it was before the season i would have voted only the Def/ST get the points for a return. Nothing I can do about that, except play on.

george, you are penalizing players for putting in extra work. by your logic, you would magically undo any injuries that occur during returns too? well, what do you mean... my projections weren't very good so i didn't know he'd be subjecting himself to a skull crack five extra times a game. it's also penalizing a player for exceptional performance by taking him off the field, as in bush's case monday, and not allowing him to get his projected stats you put in so much time figuring out. i dunno... my league scores the way yours does. it doesn't count the individual's return points either. i think it's lame. it adds value to players that might not be viable otherwise. the way it stands you are encouraging a solid punt returning running back to down the ball on the one yard line and run it in on the next play. i guess that's what i'll hope for from now on. football is fun. yea.