Sign in to follow this  
Eagles Green

Another pressure situation for Romo.

but he is still the best QB in the NFC East.

um, seriously??!! I'd take Vick or Eli any day over Romo. He narrowly edges Beck.

The whole team sucks, not just Romo. What a disguting display of football - or whatever the hell the boys were calling that.

I'm done with the Jason Garrett experiment - fire him and Marty B., today.

The whole team sucks, not just Romo. What a disguting display of football - or whatever the hell the boys were calling that.

:music_guitarred:

Whoops........Forgot to bump this.

Maybe Mike should pin it

:banana:

Marty Booker?

#1 AssClown on this team - and it's not even close.

I'm thinking you guys probably meant Martellus Bennett, not Marty Booker? :dunno:

Love the way the Cowboys cave in December/January. I look more forward to it than I do to Santa showing up.

Are there any more perplexing teams than the Cowboys and Chargers?

Perennial underachievers.

Considering the lack of talent on the defensive side of the ball and our holes on the offensive line - I would not say this team underachieved this year. What I will say is that it's a crying shame that even knowing that we couldn't win the sorry ass East.

I predicted an 8-8 year, so in that sense we turned out to be what I expected. Still pretty pitiful though considering how many 4th quarter leads we choked away.

I'm thinking you guys probably meant Martellus Bennett, not Marty Booker? :dunno:

Love the way the Cowboys cave in December/January. I look more forward to it than I do to Santa showing up.

there you go again

there you go again

Tony should change his number from "9" to "14"...as in what he usually goes in December/January..."1-4" :shocking:

there you go again

The funny thing is, say one non-positive thing about the Steelers and he's all over you. There isn't a bigger numbnuts on this forum.

The funny thing is, say one non-positive thing about the Steelers and he's all over you. There isn't a bigger numbnuts on this forum.

I may be a bigger numbnuts.

:lol:

I may be a bigger numbnuts.

Nah, I surpass most in numbnuttedness. I won't claim to be king of the numbnuts, but I'm definitely part of the royal family. :lol: No worry though, this is just joey's typical schtick. :cheers:

um, seriously??!! I'd take Vick or Eli any day over Romo. He narrowly edges Beck.

Vick? Really? Vick sucks. Dude never gets it done in big situations either. How's he doing this year? How did he do last year? Has he ever won anything important except for one flakey playoff game in Green Bay like fifty years ago?

Eli has played well in some big games but he's ripe for some stinkers too.

My goodness.... Lame...... :rolleyes:

Vick? Really? Vick sucks. Dude never gets it done in big situations either. How's he doing this year? How did he do last year? Has he ever won anything important except for one flakey playoff game in Green Bay like fifty years ago?

Eli has played well in some big games but he's ripe for some stinkers too.

My goodness.... Lame...... :rolleyes:

well, doesn't that make him at least even with romo? :dunno:

Vick? Really? Vick sucks. Dude never gets it done in big situations either. How's he doing this year? How did he do last year? Has he ever won anything important except for one flakey playoff game in Green Bay like fifty years ago? Eli has played well in some big games but he's ripe for some stinkers too. My goodness.... Lame...... :rolleyes:

hmmmm...I'm pretty sure that Vick's playoff record is better than Romo's. Same goes for Eli. Heck, I'm pretty sure that Vick went to an NFC Championship game and Eli won a Superbowl.

I'm also pretty sure that Vick's team finished with the same record this season, a better division record, a season sweep of the Cowboys, a 4 game win streak to close the season, a 4-1 record over December/January and more points offensively than the Cowboys.

I'm also reasonably sure the Giants finished with a better record than the Cowboys, a better division record, a season sweep of the Cowboys, a 3-2 December/January record and more points offensively than the Cowboys.

yeah, you're right...lame... :rolleyes:

I'm also pretty sure that Vick's team finished with the same record this season, a better division record, a season sweep of the Cowboys, a 4 game win streak to close the season, a 4-1 record over December/January and more points offensively than the Cowboys.

your inconsistency is comical. every year, you babble about how romo fails despite being surrounded by "so much talent" (while simultaneously claiming that jones is terrible at acquiring talent). and now you're pointing out that the team which was described by numerous sources in preseason as being the most talented in the league--vick's team--was statistically successful despite being a failure for the season. and you are somehow submitting that this is evidence that vick is a better QB than romo.

this actually makes sense in your head.

your inconsistency is comical. every year, you babble about how romo fails despite being surrounded by "so much talent" (while simultaneously claiming that jones is terrible at acquiring talent). and now you're pointing out that the team which was described by numerous sources in preseason as being the most talented in the league--vick's team--was statistically successful despite being a failure for the season. and you are somehow submitting that this is evidence that vick is a better QB than romo. this actually makes sense in your head.

actually no, i'm not. i'm simply defending my position that Romo isn't nearly as good as Cowboys fans give him credit for, and that I'd rather have Vick or Eli as the QB of my team. I'm comparing two teams that happen to reside in the same division as the Cowboys, one who happened to have been projected to have a good season (the Eagles) and one who was projected to have not such a good season (the Giants). Both of whom swept the Cowboys this year and finished not only with more successful seasons (statistically) but both with considerably better closing records, indicating they played better down the stretch.

I have maintained, for years as you point out, that I would put Romo likely in the 3rd tier of QB's (not in FF, but in real world QB play) behind the obvious ones like Brees, Rodgers, Brady and Peyton (if healthy) and behind the "other" ones like Roethlisberger, Rivers and Eli. That's seven QB's. I'd put him in the next group with Stafford (who's about to move up), Newton (who's also going to move up), Vick (who I'd rather have running my team than Romo), Schaub and Ryan. "In my head" he's lucky to be the 8th best QB in the league and just as likely to be the 13th QB. If you ask me about best QB's for the next 5 years, well then, the list shifts around, but Romo isn't going to gain much ground. Peyton would drop down significantly, Brady might drop as well but Brees, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Eli, Stafford, Newton, and Ryan would all go ahead of Romo...again making him at best around 9th. You can rail all you want about Rivers and his poor season, Vick and his poor season blah blah blah....I'm not going off one season. I'm going off a pattern of coming up short in the crunch time of December/January and the playoffs. Homers need to stop giving him a pass, he'll be 32 soon. Brees is only 1 year older, now owns several records and a superbowl win. Romo isn't going to suddenly get it.

He is what he is, sometimes he plays exceptionally well, most of the time he's an above average QB, and sometimes he will cost the team games...particularly when the games really count. :thumbsdown:

Regarding the Cowboys talent, or lack thereof...I'll admit, maybe I'm guilty of being colored by the public perception of how good the Cowboys are. But I hear names like Tony Romo, Miles Austin, Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Jason Witten, DeMarcus Ware, Jay Ratliff and others and hear lots of 1st round picks, lots of probowlers and lots of talent. Other teams have significantly better records and don't get near the notoriety the Cowboys get. Does it lessen the disappointment in "Dream Teams" like the Eagles, no...they also have a history of choking late in the season...but not nearly what the Cowboys are building.

You can rail all you want about Rivers and his poor season, Vick and his poor season blah blah blah....I'm not going off one season. I'm going off a pattern of coming up short in the crunch time of December/January and the playoffs.

we've had this conversation before--romo is 1-3 in the playoffs. vick, despite 2 more years as a starter, is 2-3 (and please don't invoke romo's clipboard time, because vick spent a ton of time holding the clipboard during his injuries).

you're talking about a pattern, but for all the statistical research you've done in your repeated attacks on the cowboys, you haven't followed the actual games. the pattern for dallas in december is poor defense.

2006: defense surrenders 152 pp in december--30+ ppg--but the team still makes the playoffs after a horrible start. romo goes 2-3.

2007: defense is much improved, and romo goes 2-1 in dec (sat out season finale). the team loses in the divisionals, with the defense surrendering 2 improbable TD drives aided by stupid penalties. romo only leads the offense to 17 points, but a couple of critical drops were involved, along with the giant's suicidal pass rush.

2008: a really interesting december. dallas leads pittsburgh, the #2 defense at the time. needs one defensive stop to win. defense folds. 2 weeks later, dallas plays baltimore. romo plays extremely well against the #1 defense at the time. but the defense folds again, giving up back-to-back 70+ yd TD runs and failing to get get the ravens' poor offense off the field. the final game, a win-and-in matchup against philadelphia, is a combination of romo's poor play and the defense giving up 44 points. but romo can and should take primary responsibility there. romo goes 1-3, and his december record falls below .500.

2009: the team begins the month 0-2 due to the defense's inability to stop anyone. the giants racked up 31, and the chargers...well...this was nfl.com's take on it:

Cowboys lack adequate pass rush

While Dallas' secondary will face heavy criticism for its inability to slow down San Diego's aerial attack, the problems against the pass were the result of the Cowboys' non-existent pass rush. The Cowboys recorded only one sack and the absence of DeMarcus Ware rendered the pass rush useless. Philip Rivers routinely threw comfortably from the pocket and his ability to take deep shots to Vincent Jackson reflected the lack of pressure. Rivers finished with 272 passing yards, with the majority of the damage done on a series of explosive plays (passes of 20 yards or more).

despite this, dallas wins out, going 3-0 for the rest of the month, including a win against the supposedly unstoppable (and eventual SB champ) saints. romo throws for 310 ypg, 9 TDs, and 2 INTs in dec/jan. 3rd playoff appearance, first win. in the divisionals, romo is sacked 6 times and hit constantly, while the defense gives up 34.

2010: injured.

2011: the defense gives up 68 points and over a thousand yards of offense in two games against the giants. the defense cannot stop the kevin kolb-led cardinals offensive juggernaut, surrendering yet another long drive in crunch time. despite romo's truly heroic last-second drive to get within scoring range, our formerly flawless kicker misses a FG to win the game (his second miss of the day). and on the first OT drive...the defense gives up a screen pass for a 56 yard TD.

so once again, romo "goes" 1-3, despite throwing for 290ypg, 10 TDs, and 1 INT. with a makeshift offensive line that gave up 16 sacks in that time.

so there you go--romo's dec/jan history. he certainly played poorly in the PHI game--i'll give you that one. and he's not gonna go to the pro bowl as a FG holder. but quite simply, you don't follow the team enough to know what is going on. our defense has never--and i mean never--been able to close games out during romo's tenure. even when the defense was performing well statistically, they always, always folded during key drives in crunch time. so much so that when they do actually come up with a big play (spencer's sack/strip on grossman during the final drive, or ware's in the NO game in '09), we in dallas think of it as a near-miracle. when the defense comes on the field in the last 2 min, we roll our eyes and start paying our tabs, because we've seen it too many times.

romo has all the responsibility, because no one else on the team can ever seem to make a play when it counts. and for all his ability, he can't cover receivers. he can't force fumbles with big hits. hell--he can't run correct routes or protect his own blindside. for years, the more knowledgeable analysts have been pointing out that the dallas offensive line sucks in december, and more importantly, that the defense is terrible in the clutch.

but if your only source of information is box scores, highlights, and shallow analysis, your opinion isn't going to amount to much.

Just pin this already.

along with the similar pinned threads for mcnabb and vick.

Mcnabb lost a SB by 3 points to a team that cheated.

Vick is currently alone in 1st place and has wins vs The World Champion Giants and a very good Ravens team.

Romo? He just sh!t the bed on national TV, throwing 5 ints.

Mcnabb lost a SB by 3 points to a team that cheated.

Vick is currently alone in 1st place and has wins vs The World Champion Giants and a very good Ravens team.

Romo? He just sh!t the bed on national TV, throwing 5 ints.

We saw what Vick did last week. You can't escape it. He was talked about being benched.

We saw what Vick did last week. You can't escape it. He was talked about being benched.

Right, but Tony H0mo was benched.

Get it?

Vick >>>> Romo

But this thread really shouldn't be about who is better, Vick or Romo. (Although Vick is obviously better in every category)

This thread is here to celebrate the amazing career of Tony Romo. Read thru, there were wonderful moments. :tears:

Look; Romo's got talent........no doubt. He's just doesn't have EVERYTHING it takes to be elite. And don't make excuses for him. They're getting worn thin......

Same with Sanchez; only Romo is LIGHT years better than Sanchez.

Whoops........Forgot to bump this.

Maybe Mike should pin it

You are in a mean mood tonight, against your division rivals aren't you?

Let's see ... how many Superbowl wins do the Giants and the Cowboys have? What is it now, 9? Redskins have a couple too, right?

How bout them Eagles?

:crickets:

But Romo was actually benched. That's like uber embarrassing. That's not just talk.

But Romo was actually benched. That's like uber embarrassing. That's not just talk.

there's a difference between being benched and being taken off the field during a blowout. benching someone is saying "we have a better chance to win this game with the other guy". taking someone off the field is saying "this game is out of control, and there's no benefit to continuing to expose this player."

notice that austin was also removed from the game--he certainly didn;t do anything wrong. the final drive with orton, beasley, and harris was a matter of getting reps for the 2nd team.

this is very basic football stuff here--these dynamics aren't some kind of secret.

Not sure why the love for Romo the Homo.

Haven't done jack chit yet but gets so many free passes.

He constantly gets bashed for folding under pressure

The good news for Romo is he probably wont have to face the pressure of trying to win a playoff game this year.

:overhead:

Another collapse by Romo in a big game. Same old story, different day. Worst big game QB in the NFL. The Cowgirls will never make it to the Big Game with him at QB. :lol: :overhead:

I should send Gepetto some rope and a tree branch to throw it over. :pointstosky:

LOL, I'll be fine. You on the other hand have serious issues.