Sign in to follow this  
donhaas

Packers 34, Titans 3

Undefeated and at home or not, I don't understand how the Titans can win this game....

I see Rodgers and Grant having huge days :thumbsup:

Are you serious???????????? GB has not been an offensive juggernaut lately and they are facing one of if not the best defense in the NFL.

More like Tenn 20 GB 17

3 pts for Tenn? :thumbsup: cmon now,,,,how do the packers stop the run? I picked GB to win this game too, but it will be by a FG in the end...ur just dreaming bro

Guest ramrock11

The score made me laugh but i do think the Pack will be the first team to hand them a loss.

itsatip that Ryan Grant sux.

15 for 20 yards against Detroit and he's somehow going to have a "huge day" against one of the best run D's in the league.

Tenn 23 - Pack 17

itsatip that Ryan Grant sux.

15 for 20 yards against Detroit and he's somehow going to have a "huge day" against one of the best run D's in the league.

Tenn 23 - Pack 17

That was a whole different set of circumstances and conditions that even a female football fan would be able to observe....

Barry Sanders once rushed for 10 yards on 12 carries against the Packers defense. Did you keep him on your bench forever after that, Einstein??? :thumbsup:

You guys have made me reconsider......

There's always a garbage touchdown scored late when nobody cares.... Final score should be 34-11 or 34-9.. :thumbsup:

This matchup doesn't look good for Green Bay. Tennessee should have a field day running the ball...unless Justin Harrell miraculously turns into a run stopping beast in his first game back since the NFC Championship game. Kerry Collins won't have to do much, so I don't see Green Bay capitalizing on alot of INT's like they have been so far this season.

Green Bay, unless they worked something out over the bye, won't get a run game going...and Tennessee is going to get some pressure on Rodgers on Sunday.

Tennessee 27

Green Bay 13

Undefeated and at home or not, I don't understand how the Titans can win this game....

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This

fail⋅ure   /ˈfeɪlyər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [feyl-yer] Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun 1. an act or instance of failing or proving unsuccessful; lack of success: His effort ended in failure. The campaign was a failure.

2. nonperformance of something due, required, or expected: a failure to do what one has promised; a failure to appear.

3. a subnormal quantity or quality; an insufficiency: the failure of crops.

4. deterioration or decay, esp. of vigor, strength, etc.: The failure of her health made retirement necessary.

5. a condition of being bankrupt by reason of insolvency.

6. a becoming insolvent or bankrupt: the failure of a bank.

7. a person or thing that proves unsuccessful: He is a failure in his career. The cake is a failure.

That was a whole different set of circumstances and conditions that even a female football fan would be able to observe....

Barry Sanders once rushed for 10 yards on 12 carries against the Packers defense. Did you keep him on your bench forever after that, Einstein??? :thumbsup:

Actually, that was -1 yards on 14 attempts

It should be a good game, but I like the Titans.

Pack can't stop the run, and Collins isn't gonna give the GB defense gimmie points on a short field.

Grant won't break 50 yards, Finnegan and Griffin will keep Jennings quiet, and KVB, Kears, and Big Al will be all over Rogers.

I'm gonna go with 24-10 Titans.

8-0.

This matchup doesn't look good for Green Bay. Tennessee should have a field day running the ball...unless Justin Harrell miraculously turns into a run stopping beast in his first game back since the NFC Championship game. Kerry Collins won't have to do much, so I don't see Green Bay capitalizing on alot of INT's like they have been so far this season.

Green Bay, unless they worked something out over the bye, won't get a run game going...and Tennessee is going to get some pressure on Rodgers on Sunday.

Tennessee 27

Green Bay 13

I don't think the matchup is as bad as some think.

Yes...TN can run the ball...but with their lack of a scary passing game...GB can be more agressive with safeties up closer to the line to help in run stopping. They have the secondary to be able to handle the Titans passing attack without alot of crazy scheming in that.

As for the Packers run game. The Titans can be run against...they are allowing about 90 yards per game on the ground and one rushing TD per game. Just don't try running it right at big Al.

And its not like the Packers don't have some practice going against solid DTs. They face the WIlliams boys, Tommie Harris, and had faced Shaun Rodgers for years. Haynesworth is better than them...and a beast...but its not an impossible mission.

I like GB's matchup if they spread the field a bit and force TN to cover more than just 2 WRs. Also, don't do like Indy and just keep the WRs in set positions allowing for the bump. If any team should be prepared to play against press coverage...it should be GB as their own defense plays that coverage as well as anyone.

I don't think the matchup is as bad as some think.

Yes...TN can run the ball...but with their lack of a scary passing game...GB can be more agressive with safeties up closer to the line to help in run stopping. They have the secondary to be able to handle the Titans passing attack without alot of crazy scheming in that.

As for the Packers run game. The Titans can be run against...they are allowing about 90 yards per game on the ground and one rushing TD per game. Just don't try running it right at big Al.

And its not like the Packers don't have some practice going against solid DTs. They face the WIlliams boys, Tommie Harris, and had faced Shaun Rodgers for years. Haynesworth is better than them...and a beast...but its not an impossible mission.

I like GB's matchup if they spread the field a bit and force TN to cover more than just 2 WRs. Also, don't do like Indy and just keep the WRs in set positions allowing for the bump. If any team should be prepared to play against press coverage...it should be GB as their own defense plays that coverage as well as anyone.

Ok, so prediction?

It should be a good game, but I like the Titans.

Pack can't stop the run, and Collins isn't gonna give the GB defense gimmie points on a short field.

Grant won't break 50 yards, Finnegan and Griffin will keep Jennings quiet, and KVB, Kears, and Big Al will be all over Rogers.

I'm gonna go with 24-10 Titans.

8-0.

Perhaps...but if Finnegan and Griffin are both on Jennings...who is covering Driver, Nelson, Jones?

Kearse? You did not just bring that guy up did you?

Is KVB going to play? I really have not heard either way on him.

Should be a fun game. Not sure what I think about the score yet...but I think the Pack squeak one out.

Perhaps...but if Finnegan and Griffin are both on Jennings...who is covering Driver, Nelson, Jones?

Kearse? You did not just bring that guy up did you?

Is KVB going to play? I really have not heard either way on him.

Should be a fun game. Not sure what I think about the score yet...but I think the Pack squeak one out.

Yeah, KVB is playing. I read in the Tennesseean that they held him out against indy to "let him get fully healthy for the strech run."

Yeah, KVB is playing. I read in the Tennesseean that they held him out against indy to "let him get fully healthy for the strech run."

Yeah...I have not paid much attention to the Tennessean lately.

Actually been out some this week and not listened to the local radio as much.

Though, taking my boy to his first NFL game for this one.

He gets to decide if he wants to wear the green and gold or the Titans blue though.

So far, he is going for the Packers. :thumbsup:

You obviously haven't seen them (the Titans) play then. I take it you don't watch MNF? That's OK, most people don't get it even after watching them play; they think it's got to be a fluke that they won, even when they win by 10 (or really 17 if you don't factor in the garbage TD that they gave up at the end) or more. But if you look at how consistently they do it, you'll come away with a different point of view. It's a team game, and they win as a team.

Both teams just played the Colts, so that should be a good measuring stick. Both teams scored over 30 (31 and 34) so it looks pretty even offensively, right? Oh, but when you consider 14 of those were INT returns for the Packers, the offense only scored 20 pts; and that against a pathetic defense without its best players. 186 passing yards isn't that great for a passing team like GB, and while Grant's 105 looks OK, when you factor in that it took 31 rushes to get there, not that great. And you think that's going to translate into suddenly becoming an offensive juggernaut against the #1 scoring defense in the NFL? They haven't given up 34 in 3 games, but GB will hang it on them, at home no less, this weekend?

They might lose their first game this weekend after a short week coming down from the emotional MNF game against the colts, I'll give you that. But it won't be anywhere close to 34-3.

He gets to decide if he wants to wear the green and gold or the Titans blue though.

That's pretty exciting....

Even if we do lose him to the Titans, we'll be gaining Redtodd and his offspring over time.

It all evens out. :thumbsup:

You obviously haven't seen them (the Titans) play then. I take it you don't watch MNF? That's OK, most people don't get it even after watching them play; they think it's got to be a fluke that they won, even when they win by 10 (or really 17 if you don't factor in the garbage TD that they gave up at the end) or more. But if you look at how consistently they do it, you'll come away with a different point of view. It's a team game, and they win as a team.

Both teams just played the Colts, so that should be a good measuring stick. Both teams scored over 30 (31 and 34) so it looks pretty even offensively, right? Oh, but when you consider 14 of those were INT returns for the Packers, the offense only scored 20 pts; and that against a pathetic defense without its best players. 186 passing yards isn't that great for a passing team like GB, and while Grant's 105 looks OK, when you factor in that it took 31 rushes to get there, not that great. And you think that's going to translate into suddenly becoming an offensive juggernaut against the #1 scoring defense in the NFL? They haven't given up 34 in 3 games, but GB will hang it on them, at home no less, this weekend?

They might lose their first game this weekend after a short week coming down from the emotional MNF game against the colts, I'll give you that. But it won't be anywhere close to 34-3.

Spot on. :thumbsup:

Yeah...I have not paid much attention to the Tennessean lately.

Actually been out some this week and not listened to the local radio as much.

You have raised a very smart child.

:thumbsup:

Few things here.

GB was moving the ball well against them...they did not need to throw it around alot as they were ahead.

Yes...14 of GB's points came on the INT returns.

7 of the Titans points came off of an INT run back to the 16 yard line.

There is no telling if GB would have scored on those other drives...the way they were moving the ball...its quite possible they still would have.

Oh...and the 34-3 thing is an old joke on this board.

And if GB wins...it won't just be because of the short week thing.

34-3 threads are an old FFToday joke started by some old Yoda-like Bears fan named Walter 34....

I have tremendous respect for Tenn. and what they have done so far. :thumbsup:

Few things here.

GB was moving the ball well against them...they did not need to throw it around alot as they were ahead.

Yes...14 of GB's points came on the INT returns.

7 of the Titans points came off of an INT run back to the 16 yard line.

There is no telling if GB would have scored on those other drives...the way they were moving the ball...its quite possible they still would have.

Oh...and the 34-3 thing is an old joke on this board.

And if GB wins...it won't just be because of the short week thing.

I'm not sure 300 yds total constitutes moving the ball pretty well. Less than 200 yds passing? It's not like Grant was lighting it up with his barely over 100 yds, and it was a close game if I remember correctly until the 2 pick-6s at the end. Titans/Colts was close for most of the game too, but I'm just saying, it's not like GB dominated the game.

Is Rodgers even going to make it through the game? Titans are pretty good about knocking out qb's :bandana:

I'm not sure 300 yds total constitutes moving the ball pretty well. Less than 200 yds passing? It's not like Grant was lighting it up with his barely over 100 yds, and it was a close game if I remember correctly until the 2 pick-6s at the end. Titans/Colts was close for most of the game too, but I'm just saying, it's not like GB dominated the game.

Let's not forget Green Bay also gave up a grabage TD at the end...I believe the score was 34-7 before that...I was pretty drunk at the time so I may be wrong. But Green Bay handled the Colts pretty easily. It was 27-7 at the end of the 3rd. I wouldn't call that a close game. But it doesn't matter...comparing how two teams played against the Colts isn't really a good measuring stick. The Titans are 7-0...and I don't need flashy scores and blowouts to see there is a reason they are 7-0. They're a good, solid football team and for some reason...I think people are still taking them lightly. The only reason I can see why is their QB...good thing Vince Young didn't quite work out...or this team would be sick.

Sounds like someone looked at a box score and did not watch the game as GB was dominating time of posession and after Indy's first drive pretty much dominated.

Close til the pick 6's?

It was 17-7 at the half (GB missed a FG that would have made it 20-7).

It was not that close.

And yes...GB dominated the game if you would have actually watched it.

They were undoubtedly better than Indy in the first half and had TOP locked up then...the INT in the 3rd pretty much sealed it and Indy was not able to do much all day til the late drives.

One ending in an INT returned 99 yards, the other Indy scored on when it was too late.

Let's not forget Green Bay also gave up a grabage TD at the end...I believe the score was 34-7 before that...I was pretty drunk at the time so I may be wrong. But Green Bay handled the Colts pretty easily. It was 27-7 at the end of the 3rd. I wouldn't call that a close game. But it doesn't matter...comparing how two teams played against the Colts isn't really a good measuring stick. The Titans are 7-0...and I don't need flashy scores and blowouts to see there is a reason they are 7-0. They're a good, solid football team and for some reason...I think people are still taking them lightly. The only reason I can see why is their QB...good thing Vince Young didn't quite work out...or this team would be sick.

Agreed on the Colts comparisons.

And yes, TN is a very good football team and I don't take them lightly...hell, I watch them quite often.

Sounds like someone looked at a box score and did not watch the game as GB was dominating time of posession and after Indy's first drive pretty much dominated.

Close til the pick 6's?

It was 17-7 at the half (GB missed a FG that would have made it 20-7).

It was not that close.

And yes...GB dominated the game if you would have actually watched it.

They were undoubtedly better than Indy in the first half and had TOP locked up then...the INT in the 3rd pretty much sealed it and Indy was not able to do much all day til the late drives.

One ending in an INT returned 99 yards, the other Indy scored on when it was too late.

You are correct, I did not watch the game. Wasn't on in my area, and probably wouldn't have even if it was. I didn't just look at the box score though, I watch the games progress online; I was going from memory on how the score progressed. 10 pts is not a dominating score differential in and of itself, especially against Indy (at least a normal Indy, which obviously isn't the case this year). I'm not trying to bash GB, merely comparing the two Indy games and saying they are pretty similar. Both the Titans and Packers pulled away in the second half after a (fairly) close halftime score. 17-7 at the half + 2 pick 6s in the 2nd half make it 31-7, so the GB offense wasn't all that dominating in the second half; maybe the defense was, I won't argue with that.

My point is not whether GB dominated the game, but that the Indy games taken a week apart are a good measuring stick of both teams. The fact that both games were similar in score and game flow tells me that the teams are pretty close. I wouldn't be surprised for this to be the Titans' first loss, given the fact that GB is coming off their bye and the Titans are coming off an emotional division game on MNF with a short week; the fact that it's in Tennessee may help them pull it out, but I was more confident against the Colts than I am this week.

You are correct, I did not watch the game. Wasn't on in my area, and probably wouldn't have even if it was. I didn't just look at the box score though, I watch the games progress online; I was going from memory on how the score progressed. 10 pts is not a dominating score differential in and of itself, especially against Indy (at least a normal Indy, which obviously isn't the case this year). I'm not trying to bash GB, merely comparing the two Indy games and saying they are pretty similar. Both the Titans and Packers pulled away in the second half after a (fairly) close halftime score. 17-7 at the half + 2 pick 6s in the 2nd half make it 31-7, so the GB offense wasn't all that dominating in the second half; maybe the defense was, I won't argue with that.

My point is not whether GB dominated the game, but that the Indy games taken a week apart are a good measuring stick of both teams. The fact that both games were similar in score and game flow tells me that the teams are pretty close. I wouldn't be surprised for this to be the Titans' first loss, given the fact that GB is coming off their bye and the Titans are coming off an emotional division game on MNF with a short week; the fact that it's in Tennessee may help them pull it out, but I was more confident against the Colts than I am this week.

My original claim had nothing to do with the offense dominating. Just that they were moving the ball well.

And they were.

They punted twice in the game...both in the 2nd half.

Their 4 drives in the 1st half resulted in 2 TDs a FG and a missed FG

Drives of 62, 80, 89, and 49 yards.

Id say that is moving the ball pretty damn well.

My original claim had nothing to do with the offense dominating. Just that they were moving the ball well.

And they were.

They punted twice in the game...both in the 2nd half.

Their 4 drives in the 1st half resulted in 2 TDs a FG and a missed FG

Drives of 62, 80, 89, and 49 yards.

Id say that is moving the ball pretty damn well.

Yup, Tennessee is going to lose this one.

Can't believe they made it this far undefeated.

If the Titans cant get there running game going then its gonna be a long day considering the passing attack of the Titans is awful. They average 164 yds a game. The secondary of GB is gonna have a field day against the worst WR combo in the league. For all that think the titans are gonna run all over GB....Think again. For the first time this year GB will have all of their defensive starters on the field(excluding Jenkins). Expect to see Bigby in the box all game long hawking Johnson and White. It will come down to Collins beating the secondary and we all know who wins that battle. Oh,not to mention GB should have all 5 WR's healthy for the first time this year and I dont think there is a secondary in the league that can slow down GB's 5 WR set. In other words GB wins this game....EASILY! :music_guitarred:

If the Titans cant get there running game going then its gonna be a long day considering the passing attack of the Titans is awful. They average 164 yds a game. The secondary of GB is gonna have a field day against the worst WR combo in the league. For all that think the titans are gonna run all over GB....Think again. For the first time this year GB will have all of their defensive starters on the field(excluding Jenkins). Expect to see Bigby in the box all game long hawking Johnson and White. It will come down to Collins beating the secondary and we all know who wins that battle. Oh,not to mention GB should have all 5 WR's healthy for the first time this year and I dont think there is a secondary in the league that can slow down GB's 5 WR set. In other words GB wins this game....EASILY! :music_guitarred:

Don't get too excited about the 5 WR set...Nelson hurt his ankle in practice yesterday and is iffy.

Better then Tenn's 31 for 88 :doublethumbsup:

Green bay can win this game....but unlikely....Not sure they can contain "The Beast".....INDY did a great job containg the monster...but that was without the otehr Monster on the End (Van Den bosch)...Not only that...the replacement for VB went out on opening KOff....People don't realize what a big loss Van Den Bosch is.....still beat INDY........OK..now my rant....Why is it that the meida continues to state how Collins is playing so great....while running VY into the groung (When he was playing)...KC has done a good job..but he is basically doing the same thing VY did...low stast...win games.....Compare their numbers no difference...But all you hear is "VY Sucks"....."KC is playing great"...Its almost comical!