Sign in to follow this  
Lionsjunkie

2009 DETROIT TIGERS

Great Game!

Should have took him out.

Good job Laird, we really needed him in there for defensive purposes at the end of the game.

Leyland you are a senile olf fock. Fock you

Well congrats Twins and good luck. I neither like nor dislike your team but I hate the Yankees.

Well congrats Twins and good luck. I neither like nor dislike your team but I hate the Yankees.

Exactly what I was going to say if Detroit won. Just beat the Yankess. :cheers:

3 different times if any one of these detroit PANSIES would have just let the ball hit them the game would be over.

But nooooooo avoiding a bruise is more important than winning

Inge WAS hit by a pitch, with the bases loaded...ump missed it, nothing you can do. Still had to get a sac fly, still couldn't do it. Story of the season.

What an absolute joke of a team, starting with Ol Smokechops down....how the fuck do you NEVER PH for Gerald "I'm batting .220 all year" Laird in a tight game...ol smokey thinks he has to keep him in for defensive purposes :cheers: ....well, if you leave a dozen runners on base and are batting .229 who gives a fuck what you can do defensively in GAME 163

I thought Porcello's yank was a knee jerk reaction...guy was picthing a gem and allowe done HR and a BB in the 6th AFTER 2 were out....we'd have better off seeing POrcello fight thru and finish off that inning, maybe a couple more fist pumps like earlier on in the game....Zack IS NOT a 6th or 7th inning guy, especially in game 163....what a fucken idiot Jimbo is

Here's a quick recap of some bad situations tonight:

Tigers 2nd ~ 1st & 3rd 1 out and DON't SCORE

• Scott Baker pitching:
  • Miguel Cabrera: Ball, Foul, Foul, Foul, Cabrera doubled to deep left center.
  • Carlos Guillen: Ball, Ball, Guillen flied out to center.
  • Ryan Raburn: Ball, Raburn singled to right, Cabrera to third.
  • Brandon Inge: Ball, Ball, Foul, Inge lined out to shortstop.
  • Gerald Laird: Laird popped out to shortstop.

Tigers 7th

• Scott Baker pitching:
  • Brandon Inge: Strike swinging, Ball, Foul, Ball, Ball, Foul, Inge walked.
  • Jon Rauch relieved Scott Baker.
  • Gerald Laird: Pickoff attempt, Ball, Laird popped bunt out to first.
  • Ramon Santiago: Strike looking, Santiago flied out to left.
  • Jose Mijares relieved Jon Rauch.
  • Curtis Granderson: Ball, Strike looking, Ball, Ball, Strike swinging, Foul, Granderson singled to right, Inge to third.
  • Matt Guerrier relieved Jose Mijares.
  • Placido Polanco: Ball, Foul, Polanco grounded into fielder's choice to shortstop, Granderson out at second

Tigers 8th ~ 1st + 2nd 1 out & Inge & Laird end in the inning

Carlos Gomez in center

Matt Guerrier pitching:

• Magglio Ordonez: Ball, Ordonez homered to left.
  • Miguel Cabrera: Ball, Strike looking, Cabrera grounded out to third.
  • Carlos Guillen: Strike looking, Ball, Ball, Foul, Ball, Guillen walked
  • Wilkin Ramirez ran for Carlos Guillen.
  • Ryan Raburn: Foul, Foul, Pickoff attempt, Ball, Pickoff attempt, Pickoff attempt, Foul, Ball, Ball, Foul, Pickoff attempt, Raburn walked, Ramirez to second.
  • Joe Nathan relieved Matt Guerrier.
  • Brandon Inge: Ball, Ball, Inge popped out to second.
  • Gerald Laird: Ball, Strike looking, Ball, Strike swinging, Laird struck out looking

Tigers 9th ~ 1st + 3rd nobody out and don't score

• Joe Nathan pitching:
  • Ramon Santiago: Strike looking, Santiago reached on bunt single to pitcher
  • Adam Everett ran for Ramon Santiago.
  • Curtis Granderson: Strike looking, Pickoff attempt, Strike swinging, Granderson singled to right, Everett to third.
  • Placido Polanco: Ball, Foul, Strike swinging, Foul, Ball, Polanco struck out looking.
  • Magglio Ordonez: Ball, Ordonez lined into double play shortstop to first, Granderson out at first.
  • End of Inning (0 Runs, 2 Hits, 0 Errors)

Tigers 10th ~ Laird leaves Rabure at 2nd

• Jesse Crain pitching:
  • Miguel Cabrera: Cabrera grounded out to shortstop
  • Aubrey Huff hit for Wilkin Ramirez.
  • Aubrey Huff: Strike looking, Foul, Huff hit by pitch
  • Don Kelly ran for Aubrey Huff.
  • Ryan Raburn: Ball, Strike looking, Foul, Raburn struck out swinging.
  • Brandon Inge: Strike swinging, Ball, Inge doubled to left, Kelly scored.
  • Gerald Laird: Laird grounded out to second.
  • End of Inning (1 Run, 1 Hit, 0 Errors)

Tigers 12th ~ Inge + Laird (almost automatic outs) can't produce a run with bases jacked and 1 out :pointstosky:

• Bobby Keppel pitching:
  • Clete Thomas: Foul, Ball, Thomas lined out to center.
  • Miguel Cabrera: Foul, Ball, Strike swinging, Ball, Ball, Foul, Cabrera walked.
  • Don Kelly: Pickoff attempt, Ball, Foul, Kelly singled to left center, Cabrera to third, Kelly to second advancing on throw.
  • Ryan Raburn: Intentional ball, Intentional ball, Intentional ball, Raburn intentionally walked.
  • Brandon Inge: Ball, Strike looking, Foul, Ball, Foul, Inge reached on fielder's choice to second, Cabrera out at home, Kelly to third, Raburn to second.
  • Gerald Laird: Ball, Ball, Strike looking, Ball, Foul, Laird struck out swinging.

What an absolute joke of a team....Dombrowski should can Ol Smokechops tonight and start re-vamping that roster from head to toe.

What an absolute joke of a team....Dombrowski should can Ol Smokechops tonight and start re-vamping that roster from head to toe.

Do you REALLY want him to do the re-vamping? This IS the guy who signed Nate Robertson, Dontrelle Willis, Gary Sheffield all to $10 mil plus contracts. The guy who decided Adam Everett was the way to improve at SS. The guy who made the grand trade deadline deals of Ivan Rodriguez for Kyle Farnsworth, trading for Jarrod Washburn (KNOWING he had a knee injury) and Aubrey Huff. The guy who traded Jarr Jurjens for Edgar Renteria. The guy who spent $130 million dollars only to field a team that regularly started Clete Thomas, Ryan Raburn, Adam Everett, Gerald Laird, and Brandon Inge.

Best single game evah :thumbsup:

Very exciting game but each side made some dumb mental errors during the game (Twin who didn't tag up immediately and got thrown out at home, Tiger who made a bad gamble to catch a ball that went for the triple, Twin who threw to the wrong base, Granderson getting doubled off first base, etc.,).

Good luck vs the Yankees. They will need it.

Do you REALLY want him to do the re-vamping? This IS the guy who signed Nate Robertson, Dontrelle Willis, Gary Sheffield all to $10 mil plus contracts. The guy who decided Adam Everett was the way to improve at SS. The guy who made the grand trade deadline deals of Ivan Rodriguez for Kyle Farnsworth, trading for Jarrod Washburn (KNOWING he had a knee injury) and Aubrey Huff. The guy who traded Jarr Jurjens for Edgar Renteria. The guy who spent $130 million dollars only to field a team that regularly started Clete Thomas, Ryan Raburn, Adam Everett, Gerald Laird, and Brandon Inge.

Well, if he doesnt get canned I sure do...yeah he's made some terrible decisions but he also landed Cabrera for what looks like NOTHING at this point...Maybin & MIller haven't exactly been tearing it up and Cabrera (when sober) is a Top 5 player in the game....so that deal pretty much trumps all the poor deals IMO at this point.

I don't think anybody saw Jurgens being as good as he is....good, yes, but not great like he was this yr.

And in the day and age of no salary cap does it really matter how much Nate gets, or Sheff or D Will :lol: ...yeah, it hurts our chances in free agency a little but no cap means you can throw the monopoly money around without reservation.

I'd cut Nate today :thumbsup: ...Huff didn't get a fair enough crack after he came over, the guy can hit but ol Smokey is loyal to his shit on a stick and couldn't find a spot to plug him in....I could go on and on and on but gotta go drown my sorrows at work :wall:

The final game was the Tigers season in a nutshell.

Great plays

Horrible horrible plays

Great pitching

Horrible horrible managerial decisions

Below average at driving home runners in scoring position

Bottomline, no one to blame except themselves. Tip of the hat to the Twinkies for playing out of their mind the last month and half. Real playoff teams will do that.

The final game was the Tigers season in a nutshell.

Great plays

Horrible horrible plays

Great pitching

Horrible horrible managerial decisions

Below average at driving home runners in scoring position

Bottomline, no one to blame except themselves. Tip of the hat to the Twinkies for playing out of their mind the last month and half. Real playoff teams will do that.

Exactly what i have been saying today...yesterdays game was a Microcosm of the entire season. Congrats to the Twinks.

And in the day and age of no salary cap does it really matter how much Nate gets, or Sheff or D Will :bandana: ...yeah, it hurts our chances in free agency a little but no cap means you can throw the monopoly money around without reservation.

Only as long as Illitch is willing to give him said money to spend. Looking at the massive amount of wasted money this season, I'm not sure how long Mike will have the stomach for giving Dombrowski his money to burn.

ETA: Congratulations to Minnesota.

:overhead: :doublethumbsup: :pointstosky: :) :headbanger:

Can I get a Detriot Tigers magic # update?

:overhead: :dunno: ;) :headbanger: :pointstosky:

Can I get a Detriot Tigers magic # update?

Just stopping by to say GO TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was at the Dome last night and it was the most incredible game EVER! No one wanted to leave when it was over and the place was ROARING. I still have no voice. I wanted to punch Casilla in the face for not tagging correctly (keeping his focking foot on the bag 'til the catch was made), but he made up for it with the single in the 12th to win the game. Go Go GOMEZ was way too fast to catch at home! Effing most amazing thing I've ever seen. MAUER FOR MVP!!!

Have to admit, I thought y'all were crazy for b!tching about Leyland throughout the year...but I can see where you're coming from. Why was Porcello taken out in the 6th? Hell, Lyon got up in the pen in the 3rd (?) when the Twins strung together a few hits. Don't get it.

Still, Detroit has a good future with their top 3 arms and solid bats in the middle of the lineup.

Have to admit, I thought y'all were crazy for b!tching about Leyland throughout the year...but I can see where you're coming from. Why was Porcello taken out in the 6th? Hell, Lyon got up in the pen in the 3rd (?) when the Twins strung together a few hits. Don't get it.

Still, Detroit has a good future with their top 3 arms and solid bats in the middle of the lineup.

He put us at a competitive disadvantage a lot of the times this year. I like his no nonsense, prideful old school approach to game. He respects it unlike an Ozzie Guillen, but he's no longer a viable in game manager.