Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Philly radio host totally owns Dallas' Skip Bayless

Skip Bayless is such a media hack. I'm not the least big surprised. He's terrible.

I'm not a real big fan of Missanelli, but he's spot on.

Now I'm not saying we as fans are angels, but perceptions from years ago just hang there and it's perpetuated by the likes of ESPN.

It's even funnier that Bayless kept trying to undermine MM's credibility, when Mike works for 950 AM ESPN!

Skip Bayless is such a media hack. I'm not the least big surprised.

He is a weird dude. He is like edjr on this board. I think he just plays the devils advocate to stir the pot for the most part.

I didn't think he was Cowboys apologist though. :wacko:

He is a weird dude. He is like edjr on this board. I think he just plays the devils advocate to stir the pot for the most part.

I didn't think he was Cowboys apologist though. :wacko:

I agree and don't think he's an apologist. He just happens to know alot about those teams because he worked in that market for awhile.

Clearly, though, the guy's talking out his azz. I'm not saying he's entirely wrong about the football fans in Philly, but clearly his perception is based on stuff that happened years ago. Referencing santa and the snowball incident from long ago has nothing to do with the fans today.

I'm a season ticket holder, and yes, there is stuff that goes on at games that no one can be proud of. Not at all. But that stuff goes on everywhere. Personally, when I see opposing fans' sitting amongst us, I go out of my way to speak with them, to offer them props for showing up, and tell them not to show up the fans they're sitting amongst.

I went to the Ravens' game last year in Baltimore and those guys were relentless. We had fun with them (and truth be told, I'm a big dude and none of them were gonna mess with me) by the end of the game, but we knew better not to show them up in their own stadium.

Yet you hardly ever hear about it because of perception. So as long as the out of town media keeps this perception going, people will still believe it.

that was funny because for a long time i've thought bayless was a smug know it all bunghole and he really proved it during that interview. The who "who am i talking to again?", "what's your name again?" crap was one of the worst displays of looking down your nose to anyone that I've ever heard. i'm not a big Philly fan, but I'm glad that dude stuck up for them. Hell, I've never been to game in Philly and have to admit I have the same viewpoint as Bayless and it's probably not fair to fans in Philly.

I think he just plays the devils advocate to stir the pot for the most part.

That's his entire schtick. Whatever, he is what he is. The only thing that he really gets me to roll my eyes over is his Lebron bashing.

Him and Stephen A. Smith on Pardon the Interruption was always good for some (mostly unintentional) laughs.

Skip got jumped and pummeled, no doubt, just like fans of opposing teams get jumped and pummeled in Philly. The perception is reality. Sorry Mike whatever your name is.

I highly doubt that Bayless has changed his opinion on Philly fans being thugs, since he was essentially raped and left laying in a puddle of his own blood and piss. :thumbsup:

Skip got jumped and pummeled, no doubt, just like fans of opposing teams get jumped and pummeled in Philly. The perception is reality. Sorry Mike whatever your name is.

Sounds like someone got beat up. Prolly deserved it. :blink:

I do not like Mike whatever his name is. He is a mugger and should not have an audience because he acts like an arse. I do not like Skip either but I hate to see a guy get mugged. It's not like Skip is the only guy in the world to say Philly is a rotten place to go, I hear it on the streets. My nephew is living in Philly for a while and knows not to go to a game wearing other teams colors etc. Boo Mike whatever your last name is!!! Next time let the man know what you want to talk about so he can answer your questions dipshiot.

I do not like Mike whatever his name is. He is a mugger and should not have an audience because he acts like an arse. I do not like Skip either but I hate to see a guy get mugged. It's not like Skip is the only guy in the world to say Philly is a rotten place to go, I hear it on the streets. My nephew is living in Philly for a while and knows not to go to a game wearing other teams colors etc. Boo Mike whatever your last name is!!! Next time let the man know what you want to talk about so he can answer your questions dipshiot.

Um, I've been to AFC towns (Pitt and Baltimore) wearing Eagle's green and have been booed, so maybe your nephew needs to grow up a bit.

Mike whatever is the afternoon host on an ESPN channel on AM radio in Philly, so someone must think he's worth listening to.

He simply asked for specific examples and Bayless couldn't produce anything. The only thing he could do was try to big-time the situation.

meh, I've seen some pretty bad booing/heckling etc at birds games but typically it is brought on by someone being an OVERTLY d-bag fan. Not that its ok, just saying. Also, I've worn my Eagles jersey to games in NY and also to Pittsburgh and have had snowballs thrown at us in the parking lot an dbeen booed/screamed at/etc. Same with Flyers gear (actually its probably worse) and even Phillies. Wear a Phillies jersey up to a Mets game sometime and you'll see the very definition of "surly fans".

Skip is a supreme dooshbag and as soon as he realized that he would have to do a little un-rehearsed back and forth he retreated to questioning Missaneli's credentials and trying to hang up. Also, Mike DID tell him, exactly what he wanted to talk about. Skip just had no response other than recalling games in a stadium that isn't even standing anymore :nono:.

Skip's bro is an excellent chef.

Philly fans hate all things Dallas, Dallas related, whatever.

We have Jim Johnson in our prayers, wish him the best. Get well soon.

Skip's bro is an excellent chef.

Philly fans hate all things Dallas, Dallas related, whatever.

We have Jim Johnson in our prayers, wish him the best. Get well soon.

Philly fans hate the Cowboys and their fans. Moreso the bandwagon jumping fans.

Things don't sound too good for JJ, though. When Andy publicly says he's concerned, then there is real concern.

Sounds like someone got beat up. Prolly deserved it. :(

Never been to Philly. I saw a news show a year or two ago about a Giants fan, simply leaving the Linc after the game, who was sucker punched because he was wearing a NYG jersey. Didn't say anything, wasn't loud, just walking out of the stadium. Philly's reputation is well-earned. Perception, in this case, is reality. I'm not saying it's right, wrong or that this stuff doesn't happen anywhere else. However, if Mike whatever his name is really thinks this perception is off base, well, he's clueless.

Never been to Philly. I saw a news show a year or two ago about a Giants fan, simply leaving the Linc after the game, who was sucker punched because he was wearing a NYG jersey. Didn't say anything, wasn't loud, just walking out of the stadium. Philly's reputation is well-earned. Perception, in this case, is reality. I'm not saying it's right, wrong or that this stuff doesn't happen anywhere else. However, if Mike whatever his name is really thinks this perception is off base, well, he's clueless.

I saw a chimp attack a woman before on the news and it ripped her face off. My perception is that all chimps are aggressive and hate women, based on one story.

I saw a chimp attack a woman before on the news and it ripped her face off. My perception is that all chimps are aggressive and hate women, based on one story.

I would say your perception of chimps is correct. They are wild animals and should be left in the wild to live with their own kind.

I would say your perception of chimps is correct. They are wild animals and should be left in the wild to live with their own kind.

so basically what we have learned is that philly fans are about as civilized as chimps

so basically what we have learned is that philly fans are about as civilized as chimps

:D Bingo.

If you think this Phily perception is based on one story you are as clueless as Mike whatever his name is. :D

If you think this Phily perception is based on one story you are as clueless as Mike whatever his name is. :first:

you are sort of correct in that there are a lot of stories out there of fans being heckled, beer thrown on them, snow balls thrown at santa etc. The problem is that these are stories that are in some cases (Santa), 40+ years and three stadiums ago. For chrissakes give it a rest. Times change. There is no 700 level anymore. Nor is there a courtroom in the basement. These legends are all from a different time. Seriously, its simply annoying and an indicator that most of you outside of of Philly are ignorant drones that believe anything the media feeds you.

There are a ton of stories out there that no one regards anymore because they are so far in the past; example: The Cowboys are a great team and will go deep in the playoffs". At one point this was true, but it was so many years ago that no one even brings it up anymore. All I ask is that the media be as forgetful about the Eagles fan's reputations.

If you think this Phily perception is based on one story you are as clueless as Mike whatever his name is. :dunno:

First of all, the stories that get referenced are from another time. That was the point that MM was trying to make.

Sure, stuff goes on there. No doubt about it. But let's be perfectly honest; it goes on virtually at every other stadium. Yet at the end of the day, it's Philly who's singled out, and the stories they reference are from years ago.

I don't take offense at it, because I'm not one of those fans who'll beat up on visiting fans. What I am is tired of the same old shtick from the national media, which evidently I'm not the only one because MM called out Bayless and Bayless couldn't back it up.

Let's take a look at the title of this post. "Philly radio host owns Dallas' Skip Bayless, total radio bitchslap". MM ambushed Skip Bayless in a public forum. He was trying to stop people from talking about the perception of how people are treated in Philly at sporting events and his action and approach perpetuated the stereotype. He represented Philly very well in how people should expect to be treated.

Eagle fans need to stop trying to talk their way out of the perceived image of bad boys. It is awesome and I'd be hugely disappointed if I ever found out they did a poll and named another city as having the harshest, meanest, craziest fans.

I wear it like a badge of honor, and I love the fact that opposing fans are afraid to wear their team's colors.

Let's take a look at the title of this post. "Philly radio host owns Dallas' Skip Bayless, total radio bitchslap". MM ambushed Skip Bayless in a public forum. He was trying to stop people from talking about the perception of how people are treated in Philly at sporting events and his action and approach perpetuated the stereotype. He represented Philly very well in how people should expect to be treated.

You're wrong son. Bayless had already spouted off about how bad Philly fans were. Miccinelli told him that he's living in the past and that the 'booing Santa Clause'-stuff was ancient history. Bayless disagreed and, when pressed, couldn't come up with an example more recent than eleven years ago.

As I said in the post above, I love that we are perceived that way. Huge advantage as far as I'm concerned, but it will never go away if bigmouths like Bayless and the rest of his media cohorts keep throwing teh 'classless-label' around when the city has been incident free for over a decade.

First of all, the stories that get referenced are from another time. That was the point that MM was trying to make.

Sure, stuff goes on there. No doubt about it. But let's be perfectly honest; it goes on virtually at every other stadium. Yet at the end of the day, it's Philly who's singled out, and the stories they reference are from years ago.

I don't take offense at it, because I'm not one of those fans who'll beat up on visiting fans. What I am is tired of the same old shtick from the national media, which evidently I'm not the only one because MM called out Bayless and Bayless couldn't back it up.

I agree with you Ghost. I actually enjoyed listening to Bayless cry like a baby that he was going to hang up the phone.

Eagle fans need to stop trying to talk their way out of the perceived image of bad boys. It is awesome and I'd be hugely disappointed if I ever found out they did a poll and named another city as having the harshest, meanest, craziest fans.

I wear it like a badge of honor, and I love the fact that opposing fans are afraid to wear their team's colors.

:bandana: I agree Newbie. In fact, a bandwagon Cowboy fan buddy of mine had tickets years ago to go see Dallas play the Eagles in the Vet on a Monday night. Needless to say a few of us rational ones talked him out of it. I think we saved the Philly police a body bag that night. :banana:

You're wrong son. Bayless had already spouted off about how bad Philly fans were. Miccinelli told him that he's living in the past and that the 'booing Santa Clause'-stuff was ancient history. Bayless disagreed and, when pressed, couldn't come up with an example more recent than eleven years ago.

As I said in the post above, I love that we are perceived that way. Huge advantage as far as I'm concerned, but it will never go away if bigmouths like Bayless and the rest of his media cohorts keep throwing teh 'classless-label' around when the city has been incident free for over a decade.

I can absolutely see (from the perspective of out of town fans coming to a game at the Linc) how uncomfortable it would be to watch their team play there.

It is definitely part of the home field advantage there. When an out of towner shows up to a game and tries to show up the home team fans, they deserve whatever is coming to them. For the most part, out of town fans that I've met have been really cool, so as a home town fan, I go out of my way to make them feel unthreatened.

I've been to other stadiums to watch games, and yes, Philly is a little more difficult when it comes to treatment in the stands. But let's be honest: it goes on everywhere that has a passionate fan base. Won't see it in fair weather Atlanta; won't see it in front-running Dallas; won't see it in wussy San Fran.

It is what it is.

.. a bandwagon Cowboy fan..

Should that be a badge of honor for the stereotype of a Cowboy fan?

Been to Philly several times over the last few years, and the people there are much nicer than advertised. Dare I say, far friendlier than the people in Boston, when I went there?

:thumbsdown: I agree Newbie.

Wow! Feel the love! Go figure. Newbie, this non-political posting thing may win you the FFToday Peace Prize!

I can absolutely see (from the perspective of out of town fans coming to a game at the Linc) how uncomfortable it would be to watch their team play there.

It is definitely part of the home field advantage there. When an out of towner shows up to a game and tries to show up the home team fans, they deserve whatever is coming to them. For the most part, out of town fans that I've met have been really cool, so as a home town fan, I go out of my way to make them feel unthreatened.

I've been to other stadiums to watch games, and yes, Philly is a little more difficult when it comes to treatment in the stands. But let's be honest: it goes on everywhere that has a passionate fan base. Won't see it in fair weather Atlanta; won't see it in front-running Dallas; won't see it in wussy San Fran.

It is what it is.

Actually, I went to the Monday night game last year in Texas Stadium and a bunch of Cowboy fans jumped an Eagles fan in the stands. According to Cowboy fans around me, one of the Cowboy fans instigated the whole thing. So I thing it is fairer to say it probably goes on anywhere there is a strong rivalry.

Wow! Feel the love! Go figure. Newbie, this non-political posting thing may win you the FFToday Peace Prize!

:doublethumbsup:

I'm too sensitive to have enemies. I need everyone to love me.

IMO this Mike whatever guy actually comes off sounding like the moron. And just for the record, I hate Skip Bayless.

IMO this Mike whatever guy actually comes off sounding like the moron. And just for the record, I hate Skip Bayless.

Sometimes, laying an ass-whooping on someone, unfortunately, does make you look bad. I'm sure Missinelli can live with that.

Sometimes, laying an ass-whooping on someone, unfortunately, does make you look bad. I'm sure Missinelli can live with that.

Being rude to a guest on your show only makes you and your city look like the jackasses you are trying to argue that you're not. Point proven. HTH.