Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

Cuse9's Help Thread

Alot of questions go unanswered this time of year. Ask away in here and I'll answer every question. My answers are always mixed with facts and opinions. I may not always have the correct answer, but I'll definitly give you an answer that gives you something to think about! I've always had fun doing this in the past and look forward to having fun with it again. As with past years I simply ask that you keep questions inside the thread.

Ask away!

hey man if you dont mind taking a quick look at my thread could you rate my team and give me your opinion on it thanks. format is a bit different

hey man if you dont mind taking a quick look at my thread could you rate my team and give me your opinion on it thanks. format is a bit different

My "rules" are the same as the past years. Ask questions inside here. When I answer questions outside this thread I don't remember what I answered or didn't?!

With that...

Hey guys I just drafted a team yesterday and was wondering what you guys thought of it any advice would be great. I had the 9th pick in a ten team league. Heres the scoring breakdown, passing and rushing tds worth 6pts. passing yards 25yards per point, rushing yards 10 yards per point, receiving yards 10 yards per point. I have a trade on the table of Felix jones for PT Cruiser. This is a qb heavy league as you can tell lol.

heres how my team looks:

QB:Warner

WR:Fitz

WR:A.Johnson

RB:Ronnie Brown

RB:reggie Bush

TE:Olsen

Q/R/W/T:Palmer

Q/R/W/T:Moreno

Q/R/W/T:Felix Jones

K:Nick Folk

DEF:Green Bay

D:Trent Cole

D:Gaines Adams

Bench

Trent Edwards

Lee Evans

Lesean Mccoy

Donald Brown

Devin Hester

Joe Flacco

Shonne Green

Okay, first thing that jumps out are the rookie running backs. Brown, Moreno, Green, McCoy. I like it. I'd rather have a guy like Greene who may sit behind Jones than a guy like James. Potential is a beautiful thing!

I'll assume you went Fitz/Aj with your first two picks. I like that. I'm not a guy that feels you have to go rb/rb. Take the best available and draft wisely.

Palmer and Warner is a very nice QB combo. There is no reason to think Warner will not produce top five numbers once again this year. Palmer should only be better this year. Losing Housh was huge, but they have the players there to get him decent numbers. Edwards could really surprize with Owens/Evans and company catching the ball. Nice trio.

Great trio of wr's as well. I would like to see a little better depth, but you are stellar with what you have. Hester has great potential with Cutler in town.

Running back is your biggest concern. Brown, Jones, Bush...all have injury history and you only have rookies backing them up. You must have at least on rookie step up and become a stud. You need another one to get respectable carries. Your running back stable has massive potential, but all have obstacles to overcome. I like what you have, but things must go right to give you stability. If all goes good you'll have great trade material.

As for your IDP's. You have two average guys. Cole has potential to be a 14-16 sack guy, but he's no guarantee to get them. Adams doesn't do anything for you. I would drop him and find something better. He's a great player on the field, but does nothing in fantasy.

Overall I like your team. I'm not real high on Moreno/Jones as your flex starters, but they have potential to be great. I would like a more proven player there to begin the year. Like I said though, great potential. You almost have too much potential! You definitly have a "wait and see" team.

thanks alot brother for the input and sorry for not placing my team in your thread! one guy in my league would like to get rid of pierre thomas,braylon edwards,hasselback. Id like to make an offer for thomas and edwards, what package wouldyou put together? I was thinking flacco and one of my backs.

thanks

thanks alot brother for the input and sorry for not placing my team in your thread! one guy in my league would like to get rid of pierre thomas,braylon edwards,hasselback. Id like to make an offer for thomas and edwards, what package wouldyou put together? I was thinking flacco and one of my backs.

thanks

Forgot about that part. If you can get Thomas for Jones I would absolutely do it. Pierre is a guy that should get the bulk of the carries in NO and the goalline carries. Braylon is a year removed from a stellar year. His problems last year were holding onto the ball. It doesn't matter who starts at QB, his production lies in his own hands (no pun intended).

I'm doubting Flacco would help you get anyone. Braylon and Thomas are both very good players with alot of upside. While Flacco is young there isn't alot of upside due to the offensive scheme and limited weapons in Baltimore.

If you are going to get PT or BE, you'll most likely have to give up a rookie RB with someone else. Personally I'd give up any of them in a package to get PT/BE. Try to hang onto Moreno, but you can sell any of the others. I would try and package Felix Jones/Lee Evans/Shady McCoy for those two. You have alot of different options though. Hardest part will be letting go of your potential. Donald Brown could become a star in Indy. Addai hasn't proved anything, so Brown has every shot to take that job. McCoy could be gold if Westy gets hurt again......and so on....

I think you have the players to pull it off, it just depends which players you really can't part with.

Who wins this draft pick trade?

Team A gives #9 and #16

Team B gives #1 and #49

12 team redraft

The team getting 9 and 16. Assuming that person still has their other second round pick, they get three great players. You could end up with Slaton, Gore and Calvin Johnson or Brees, A. Johnson and Westbrook......as opposed to Peterson and A. Johnson.

I'll take the quality of two picks over the number one pick anyday!!

Hey Cuse9's I appreciate some insight on this.

12 team dynasty league. All TDs 6pts, ppr, all else is standard. We start 1QB/2RB/3WR/1Flex(RB,WR,TE)/1TE/1K/1DST.

I get:

D.McFadden

L.Evans

L.Moore

A.Gates

2010 2nd and 4th

I give:

Gore/Coffee

TO

O.Daniels

What do you think for this year and the future?

Hey Cuse9's I appreciate some insight on this.

12 team dynasty league. All TDs 6pts, ppr, all else is standard. We start 1QB/2RB/3WR/1Flex(RB,WR,TE)/1TE/1K/1DST.

I get:

D.McFadden

L.Evans

L.Moore

A.Gates

2010 2nd and 4th

I give:

Gore/Coffee

TO

O.Daniels

What do you think for this year and the future?

Giving up TO isn't a big deal, he only has a few years left. Getting Gates for Daniels is a steal. Gates had a bad year because he was hampered with the foot injury all year. IF Moore's year last year wasn't a fluke, you get a great receiver for years to come. Evans simply needs to learn how to be consistant. He's become the king of inconsistancy.

Here's the hook to this deal. Losing Gore. If you look at that offense it has all the makings of a great fantasy line-up. Gore, Crabtree, Davis and a nice mix of other skill positions. The better the non running back positions are, the better the outlook for Gore. The offensive line HAS to step up!! McFadden has crazy talent, but I don't know if he'll be able to utilize it in Oakland. Coffee is a nice back to sit on in case something goes wrong with Gore, if you make the trade you have nobody to back up McFadden.

For me it comes down to stud running backs and star power. We know Owens will put up numbers. Gore is a great back when healthy that gets us rushing and receiving yards. He's only two years removed from 1700 yards rushing and 490 receiving. At 26, there is no question he can attain those numbers again. I like the potential of McFadden, but so far it's only potential. Moore and Evans could have great years and still get out scored by Owens. I like Gates more than Daniels, but Daniels is a quality TE who is a big part of Houston's game plan. The draft picks are nice, but being that it's a dynasty league the fourth rounder wouldn't get you much and the second rounder would only bring in a decent rookie talent, not a big potential guy.

It's a fair offer, but I think the production you lose from the two studs is too much. Definitly something to think about, but I would pass.

Giving up TO isn't a big deal, he only has a few years left. Getting Gates for Daniels is a steal. Gates had a bad year because he was hampered with the foot injury all year. IF Moore's year last year wasn't a fluke, you get a great receiver for years to come. Evans simply needs to learn how to be consistant. He's become the king of inconsistancy.

Here's the hook to this deal. Losing Gore. If you look at that offense it has all the makings of a great fantasy line-up. Gore, Crabtree, Davis and a nice mix of other skill positions. The better the non running back positions are, the better the outlook for Gore. The offensive line HAS to step up!! McFadden has crazy talent, but I don't know if he'll be able to utilize it in Oakland. Coffee is a nice back to sit on in case something goes wrong with Gore, if you make the trade you have nobody to back up McFadden.

For me it comes down to stud running backs and star power. We know Owens will put up numbers. Gore is a great back when healthy that gets us rushing and receiving yards. He's only two years removed from 1700 yards rushing and 490 receiving. At 26, there is no question he can attain those numbers again. I like the potential of McFadden, but so far it's only potential. Moore and Evans could have great years and still get out scored by Owens. I like Gates more than Daniels, but Daniels is a quality TE who is a big part of Houston's game plan. The draft picks are nice, but being that it's a dynasty league the fourth rounder wouldn't get you much and the second rounder would only bring in a decent rookie talent, not a big potential guy.

It's a fair offer, but I think the production you lose from the two studs is too much. Definitly something to think about, but I would pass.

I am glad to hear that b/c that is about how I felt. The other owner also has Bowe is there a trade I could counter with that would sway your opinion and the other owner would accept?

By the way here are the two rosters:

My Roster:

QBs: McNabb/K.Kolb/C.Pennington/K.Orton

RBs: F.Gore/M.Lynch/R.Grant/R.Rice/K.Faulk/F.Jackson/B.Jackson/G.Coffee/D.Moore/A.Foster/X.Omon

WRs: TO/Ochocinco/M.Clayton(BAL)/E.Bennett/J.Morgan/C.Schilens/J.Hardy

TEs: O.Daniels/B.Celek

K: S.Gostkowski

DST: PIT

His Roster:

QBs: Romo/Cutler

RBs: A.Peterson/M.Turner/D.Williams/B.Westbrook/D.McFadden/C.Taylor/J.Norwood/L.Booker/C.Buckhalter/J.Forsett

WRs: R.Wayne/B.Marshall/D.Bowe/L.Evans/L.Moore/T.Ginn Jr./M.Walter

TEs: A.Gates/J.Carlson

K: N.Folk

DST: SDC/GB

In our league QBs do not score a ton (1pt/40 pass yds and -2/INT) and DST score quite a bit (BAL was the top DST last season and was the #9 highest scorer). Obviously his team is stacked but he really likes Gore. Is there a trade to be had?

By the way here are the two rosters:

My Roster:

QBs: McNabb/K.Kolb/C.Pennington/K.Orton

RBs: F.Gore/M.Lynch/R.Grant/R.Rice/K.Faulk/F.Jackson/B.Jackson/G.Coffee/D.Moore/A.Foster/X.Omon

WRs: TO/Ochocinco/M.Clayton(BAL)/E.Bennett/J.Morgan/C.Schilens/J.Hardy

TEs: O.Daniels/B.Celek

K: S.Gostkowski

DST: PIT

His Roster:

QBs: Romo/Cutler

RBs: A.Peterson/M.Turner/D.Williams/B.Westbrook/D.McFadden/C.Taylor/J.Norwood/L.Booker/C.Buckhalter/J.Forsett

WRs: R.Wayne/B.Marshall/D.Bowe/L.Evans/L.Moore/T.Ginn Jr./M.Walter

TEs: A.Gates/J.Carlson

K: N.Folk

DST: SDC/GB

In our league QBs do not score a ton (1pt/40 pass yds and -2/INT) and DST score quite a bit (BAL was the top DST last season and was the #9 highest scorer). Obviously his team is stacked but he really likes Gore. Is there a trade to be had?

Oh boy, where to start on this one. First, his team is very good. Great studs and depth everywhere....let's not worry about his team for now.

Your team needs major reconstructive surgery! I would target guys that are in prime positions to break out, but you don't want to give up guys like Gore, Owens, Lynch, Grant, Ocho Cinco to get them unless your willing to chitcan this year! You need to target guys like Mike Walker. He's a young guy with great physical tools. He should/could learn alot from Torry Holt and become a great receiver within the next 2-3 years. Opposed to Chaz Schilens...he has a great speed and a qb that won't stay in the pocket long enough to utilize his best skill. He's the best wr on a team that don't have a good wr core. While he may post decent numbers this year, he's only there until something better comes along. Target young guys that are in situations where they are learning and will have great value in the coming years. You can also target guys that are ready to breakout now. Mark Bradley, Anthony Gonzalez, Ted Ginn and some others.

I wouldn't even bother trading with the owner that offered you the trade. He's not going to give up his goods while making his team better. My rule has always been if I'm getting rid of a stud, I better be getting one back in return. You need guys like Gore & Owens to "cancel" out the other guys studs. It's the #2 rb....#3/4 wr's that win you games. That is the area you're in trouble. Josh Morgan is the only guy I see that has the potential to be great. All the rest are simply filling a roster spot until you drop them or until one of your starters gets hurt. Back-ups are good but usually do not have alot of promise.

Can you pick up free agents yet? If so, who is available? When is your draft...I see no rookies, so I assume you haven't drafted yet. Get back with me!

Oh boy, where to start on this one. First, his team is very good. Great studs and depth everywhere....let's not worry about his team for now.

Your team needs major reconstructive surgery! I would target guys that are in prime positions to break out, but you don't want to give up guys like Gore, Owens, Lynch, Grant, Ocho Cinco to get them unless your willing to chitcan this year! You need to target guys like Mike Walker. He's a young guy with great physical tools. He should/could learn alot from Torry Holt and become a great receiver within the next 2-3 years. Opposed to Chaz Schilens...he has a great speed and a qb that won't stay in the pocket long enough to utilize his best skill. He's the best wr on a team that don't have a good wr core. While he may post decent numbers this year, he's only there until something better comes along. Target young guys that are in situations where they are learning and will have great value in the coming years. You can also target guys that are ready to breakout now. Mark Bradley, Anthony Gonzalez, Ted Ginn and some others.

I wouldn't even bother trading with the owner that offered you the trade. He's not going to give up his goods while making his team better. My rule has always been if I'm getting rid of a stud, I better be getting one back in return. You need guys like Gore & Owens to "cancel" out the other guys studs. It's the #2 rb....#3/4 wr's that win you games. That is the area you're in trouble. Josh Morgan is the only guy I see that has the potential to be great. All the rest are simply filling a roster spot until you drop them or until one of your starters gets hurt. Back-ups are good but usually do not have alot of promise.

Can you pick up free agents yet? If so, who is available? When is your draft...I see no rookies, so I assume you haven't drafted yet. Get back with me!

The bad news is we already had our draft. This is a team I inherited and the 1st and 2nd rd picks had already been traded. I got D.Moore in the 3rd and trade my late 4th for J.Hardy earlier in the off season.

The bad news is we already had our draft. This is a team I inherited and the 1st and 2nd rd picks had already been traded. I got D.Moore in the 3rd and trade my late 4th for J.Hardy earlier in the off season.

Okay, I'm with ya. I've been down this road myself. Taking over for a bad team is tough, almost impossible in year one. To make it worse you didn't have a first or second rounder...wow, what did he get rid of them for? You would think if he traded a first/second rounder there would be more to show for it.

Look for a guy named Pierre Garcon. He's a darkhorse for a wide receiver, but he should be the third wide receiver in Indy. He should post decent numbers as the #3 and if something would happen to Wayne or Gonzo, he could have great value.

Is there anything else available at rb? Moore isn't a bad guy to have. Jones/Duckett and co. haven't proved anything, so there is a chance Moore could break through and be the feel good story, but it's a loooong shot! What about Andre Brown? Was he drafted...I like him alot. I just don't see why you have some guys (Xavior Oman) on your team? There are always some good wr's on the wire!

Okay, I'm with ya. I've been down this road myself. Taking over for a bad team is tough, almost impossible in year one. To make it worse you didn't have a first or second rounder...wow, what did he get rid of them for? You would think if he traded a first/second rounder there would be more to show for it.

Look for a guy named Pierre Garcon. He's a darkhorse for a wide receiver, but he should be the third wide receiver in Indy. He should post decent numbers as the #3 and if something would happen to Wayne or Gonzo, he could have great value.

Is there anything else available at rb? Moore isn't a bad guy to have. Jones/Duckett and co. haven't proved anything, so there is a chance Moore could break through and be the feel good story, but it's a loooong shot! What about Andre Brown? Was he drafted...I like him alot. I just don't see why you have some guys (Xavior Oman) on your team? There are always some good wr's on the wire!

Tried to grab Garcon a week ago but he is already gone. This is a 12 team with 26 roster spots so the ww if very slim. Omon is my weakest player but he has some good skills and with Lynch out 4 games making Jackson the starter you never know when Omon might get a shot. I plan on dropping him the 1st time there is a guy on the ww worth taking.

I have moved up to 4th slot on the ww and I am going to pass on taking anyone right now based on hype to try to get the top spot by the start of the season so if a darkhorse emerges I will be in position to grab him.

As far as draft picks they were give up to to take J.Stewart last season. I had to trade Stewart to start rebuilding. My only significant RBs before this were Bush/Lynch/Stewart. I parlayed Warner/Bush/Stewart into Jacobs/Grant/Rice/Bennett. Then turned Manning/AJ/Holt/Jacobs into McNabb/Kolb/Pennington/Gore/Coffee/85/TO/B.Celek/2010 3rd. This gives me two 3rd rd picks and two 4th rd picks. I am trying to grab as many picks by seasons end that I can. If I can get 2-4 2nd rd picks I feel like I can turn them into a couple of 1st rd picks. In addition, I needed some help this year and I think Gore is a top 6 dynasty RB in a ppr format. I hated giving up Manning but in our league QBs don't score hardly any points and the drop from Manning to McNabb is not to great. I hated giving up AJ but his value will never be higher and I think getting 85 and TO will help a lot the next couple of years w/o killing me long-term. I obviously had to take some risks to start rebuilding and 85/TO/Grant/Gore are all guys that we nice buy below value guys and Manning/AJ/Jacobs are all guys that are valued too high right now in my opinion. If I could get B.Edwards or Marshall I would do that as well.

Im telling you this thing was a reck but I feel like with the changes I have made it can make the playoffs and then anything can happen. As far as long-term I think I am in better shap than I was.

hey man,

got another question concerning another league im in this is a shallow 8team league. there arent any flex spots and the scoring is standard expect for receptions where you get 10yards per point,5pts at 100yards and 7pts at 150yards the same goes for the rushing yards stat.

I was offered

Turner

Boss

for

AJ

Witten

I know I dont have much wr depth but I wouldnt mind having turner or is that a fair trade in your opinion I just think theres a huge drop off btwn witten and boss

heres my team for this league

QB:Ryan

WR:Moss

WR:AJ

WR:A.Gonzalez

RB:P.Thomas

RB:Barber

TE:Witten

K:Hartley

DEF:SD

Bench

QB:Orton

WR:Berrian

WR:Hester

RB:Mccoy

RB:Ronnie Brown

RB:Mcfadden

RB:Moreno

RB:Felix jones

His team

QB:Mcnabb

WR:Calvin Johnson

WR:TJ Housch

WR.Santana Moss

TE:Tony Gonzalez

RB:Turner

RB:Portis

K:Nate Kaeding

DEF:Carolina

Bench

Qb:Big Ben

QB:Garrad

WR:Driver

WR:Holt

WR:Desean Jackson

RB:LJ

TE:Kevin Boss

thanks alot man

FFRook

Keeper League question. 10 team league we kept 7 this year and are moving to keeping 10 next year. All TDs 6pts, non ppr, all else is standard. QB scoring is very heavy (top 12 scorers last year were QBs).

We start 1QB/2RB/3WR/1Flex(RB,WR,TE)/1K

We are through 4 rounds so basically, out side of some sleepers all top players are gone. Here is my team so far:

QB

P.Manning(Keeper)

D.McNabb

RB

M.Turner(Keeper)

P.Thomas(Keeper)

C.Wells(drafted)

R.Mendenhall(drafted)

R.Rice(drafted)

W.Parker(drafted)

WR

Ca.Johnson(Keeper)

M.colston(Keeper)

Ochocinco(Keeper)

D.Driver(drafted)

TE

J.Whitten(acquired in trade)

I only have late round picks that I am obviously going to go heavy WR, a backup TE and K. How do you think the team is so far? Any obvious trades?

Hey Cuse

important question for ya

Will we win the IBL this year?

Also, keep 3 in a PPR league... other scoring standard 4pt passing td's

LT

Pierre Thomas

M. Barber

Brandon Marshall

Cutler

Ok....I posed the question about who I should keep a while back

here is the link:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...p;?do=findComment&comment=3979568

Now I have thought about this some more and every part of me says to keep

Rodgers

Sjax

Chris Johnson

Kevin Smith

Larry Fitzgerald

we start 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 flex rb or wr, 1 te, k, def

my other options are Palmer, Bush, Ocho, Deshaun Jackson, Keller

looking back at there point totals from last season it looks like this

Rodgers...270

Palmer....I wont count

Sjax....83...he missed what 3 games

Chris Johnson....102

Kevin Smith.....80

Bush....54

Fitzy.....216

Deshaun....108

Ocho....92

Keller....81

So looking at this based on last year...I should keep

Rodgers, Fitzy, Deshaun, Chris Johnson and Ocho...and throw back Sjax, Kevin and the rest...

Please straighten me out....the issue is WRs and TEs get PPR and RBS do not...I been fighting to get PPR for RBs with no luck

help me understand....thanks

Hey Cuse,

My 12 team redraft is about to come up (should know draft position soon) and i try to go into it with a bit of a strategy in the early rounds (Don't always stick to it, depending on how the draft is unfolding). I'm going RB in the 1st round, but i'm trying to decide between getting one of the top tier QBs or WRs in the 2nd round. It's standard scoring non-PPR except all TDs are 6 pts. Needless to say QBs put up some points. I'm just not sure if the drop off from tier 1 to tier 2 QBs is as big as it seems to be with WRs. Would you look at one of the top tier WRs in the 2nd and wait on a QB or grab a Brees or Brady in the second?

This is a NON PPR FLEX LEAGUE (RR,RB,WR,WR,RB/WR)

PICK 2

Brenda Jacobs

M. Turner

R. Brown

D. McFadden

Ray Rice

Boldin

It seems like Turner and Jacobs are a the picks, but I just can't throw Brown back. I think he's primed for a big season and has more upside. I also think he has a better chance of seeing a full workload as his career progresses. Am I over thinking this?

Hey , i'm in my first fantasy football league and i just wanted some advice on what i could do to improve my team. we have 10 on our roster now and are drafting our other 9 in a month. it is a keeper league and is PPR. We dress 1 QB/3 RB/3 WR/1 TE/1 K/1 TDef. Is there anyone that i should trade to make my team stronger or anyone or any position that i should draft in a month? Thanks.

Philip Rivers

Larry Johnson

Marion Barber

Brandon Jacobs

Randy Moss

Roddy White

Brandon Marshall

Greg Olsen

Jason Elam

New England Patriots

Alot of questions go unanswered this time of year. Ask away in here and I'll answer every question. My answers are always mixed with facts and opinions. I may not always have the correct answer, but I'll definitly give you an answer that gives you something to think about! I've always had fun doing this in the past and look forward to having fun with it again. As with past years I simply ask that you keep questions inside the thread.

Ask away!

Cuse9-

First some league info:

My league awards 2 points for each rushing or receiving yard, 2 points per reception and 60 points per TD. Teams start a QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, Flex (WR/RB), TE, K, DST. I have to keep one franchise player who will be MJD and then I have the option to keep 2 others. I will also keep De'Angelo Williams and Brees. This will give me 3 keepers and once all teams have 3 players amongst franchise players, keepers of drafting in their set position, the whole league starts drafting in serpentine format in what would be round 3 (all franchise players do not count as a round so the second player teams take is essentially round 1).

So, my question:

I also have Marshawn Lynch and would really like to trade him for a draft pick. With my keepers, I need to take WRs and would like to grab a good one as I have the 12th pick in a 12-team league. I was much in the same position last season and chose Santonio Holmes...would like to do a better job this year. I figure if I can get a pick in position 1-5 in my league's 3rd round and then having the 12th and 13th pick in the same round, I can score big with a good draft. So, what is fair value for Lynch?

Here are the rosters of potential trade partners who need RB help. What makes this situation difficult at this point is that teams have not named their franchise players or any keepers.

Team 1 (4th pick)-

QB-C Pennington, B Favre

RB-C Portis, J.J. Arrington, L White, C Buckhalter, D McFadden, E James, M Bush

WR-L Evans, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, T Holt, A Toomer, A Randle El, D' Stallworth, M Jenkins

Team 2 (1st pick)

QB-E Manning, B Quinn

RB-J Addai, T Hightower, F Taylor, M Barber, M Pittman, T.J. Duckett

WR-D Hester, G Jennings, M Colston, D Patten, G Holt, J Gaffney, P Burress

Team 3 (5th pick)

QB-T Thigpen, K Collins, P Rivers

RB-J Norwood, R Brown, B Jacobs, D Rhodes, F Jones, S Alexander

WR-I Hilliard, M Austin, R Moss, B Jones, J Galloway

Team 4 (2nd pick)

QB-J Cutler, J Campbell

RB-C Benson, J Fargas, S Morris, A Green, B Green-Ellis, S Young, W Parker

WR-A Gonzalez, M Muhammad, T Owens, A Boldin, C Ochocinco, K Walter, M Floyd

Ask away!

What do you think the best prison break movie of all time is? I think it's a toss up between Escape From Alcatraz and The Shawshank Redemption.

Escape From Alcatraz is based on a true story and I think they made it.

The Shawshank Redemption has the immensely underrated Tim Robbins and the greatest actor of all time....Bob Gunton.

12 team, 3 player keeper (1 has to be a rookie) PPR league (lose the round the keeper was drafted in). 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D:

I pick 9th overall and 13th (w/keepers accounted for).

I have:

1st = AJ, C Portis

3rd = SJax

4th = CJ3 ®

15th = M Colston

17th = P Thomas

I'm keeping CJ3 as my rookie, but am having the toughest time choosing the other 2 guys. I'm most likely keeping SJax based on his potential in PPR leagues. So now it comes down to Colston or Pierre. RBs are at a premium and I kinda like having Pierre as a Flex. Or, should I try to trade someone to get an extra 1st and keep AJ?

Regardless, I'll be trading whomever I don't keep, but it'll be tough to trade AJ since he has a 1st round tag.

PICK 2

Brenda Jacobs

M. Turner

R. Brown

D. McFadden

Ray Rice

Boldin

It seems like Turner and Jacobs are a the picks, but I just can't throw Brown back. I think he's primed for a big season and has more upside. I also think he has a better chance of seeing a full workload as his career progresses. Am I over thinking this?

i agree with you on Ronnie. Keep Turner/RBrown

What do you think the best prison break movie of all time is? I think it's a toss up between Escape From Alcatraz and The Shawshank Redemption.

Escape From Alcatraz is based on a true story and I think they made it.

The Shawshank Redemption has the immensely underrated Tim Robbins and the greatest actor of all time....Bob Gunton.

Shawshank Redemption :thumbsdown:

10 team ppr starts 2 rb's, 3 wr's and a flex.

I draft first and am going to take Peterson because we get bonues for rushing over 100 yds. So my question is what to do at the 2/3 turn. I know based on league history that I will probably have these guys to choose from: Atleast 2 of these wr's wayne,smith,Jennings,Boldin and Bush. Would you grab Bush as your #2 in a ppr along with one wr or would you go with 2 top end receivers to pair with Peterson? There's also a slight chance a Barber and Portis fall as well. Not sure if that changes anything and/or if you rank those guys ahead of Bush or not.

Won a league last year- now I pick 12th.

I get to keep up to 2 players.

Keep 1 give up 1st rounder.

Keep 2 give up 1st and 2nd rounders.

Players:

Cutler

Barber

Portis

D.Williams

Megatron

A.Bryant

Colston

R.White

D.Williams + Megatron. Right?

What if I can trade Portis for another Top 3 WR?

Is D.Will still worth more than Fitz or A.Johnson?

I have noticed in the mocks that I've done that I often need to choose between Ronnie Brown, Ryan Grant and Kevin Smith....and Lynch I guess...at the end of the second/ earlier 3rd round....which is the better pick? Scoring 1/2 point per rec in a league that has a rb/wr flex (2 rb, 2 wr + flex)

Hey Cuse

important question for ya

Will we win the IBL this year?

Well, the answer is right in front of you. How can we lose!! FFToday is gonna steamroll through this! :music_guitarred:

I have noticed in the mocks that I've done that I often need to choose between Ronnie Brown, Ryan Grant and Kevin Smith....and Lynch I guess...at the end of the second/ earlier 3rd round....which is the better pick? Scoring 1/2 point per rec in a league that has a rb/wr flex (2 rb, 2 wr + flex)

Lynch is going way after those three. With the three game suspension and the promise of Fred Jackson, Lynch has fallen way off.

Your draft will go

Ronnie Brown then Kevin Smith then Ryan Grant.

Brown is an excellent pass catcher and they will utilize him in the receiving game. He also stays in every down...he's the best of this bunch.

Next I really like Ryan Grant. His contract holdout really hurt him last year. This year I fully expect him to be a beast. They have a superb passing game which forces defenses to leave alot of room to run. He's an everydown back who should post 1200+ yards and 10+ TD's. Although he has decent hands, won't have many catches.

Kevin Smith is a hard one this year. He's got alot of talent, but there are alot of new offensive weapons that will have to learn on the fly. In the recent past players/teams have adjusted quickly with great fantasy success. If Stafford starts and learns the ropes quickly (insert Matt Ryan) then Smith could have a huge year. He has more upside than Brown or Grant, but he's not nearly as safe.

I'm not a Lynch fan. Fred Jackson has alot of skills and they'll get him involved alot. IF he tears it up the first three games while Lynch is on suspension.....Lynch may find the pine.

SO.....

Ronnie Brown

Ryan Grant

Kevin Smith

Marshawn Lynch

Good luck

Won a league last year- now I pick 12th.

I get to keep up to 2 players.

Keep 1 give up 1st rounder.

Keep 2 give up 1st and 2nd rounders.

Players:

Cutler

Barber

Portis

D.Williams

Megatron

A.Bryant

Colston

R.White

D.Williams + Megatron. Right?

What if I can trade Portis for another Top 3 WR?

Is D.Will still worth more than Fitz or A.Johnson?

DeAngelo and Calvin. No question.

IF you can package DeAngelo and Portis and pull in a better keeper I would absolutely do it. Portis/DWill for Fitz/AJ or any of the top RB's. Can you trade for draft picks, that is another option you may want to think about. I would definitly package those two guys to upgrade your keeper though. Calvin...keep, don't trade for anything.

Let me know how things work out!

10 team ppr starts 2 rb's, 3 wr's and a flex.

I draft first and am going to take Peterson because we get bonues for rushing over 100 yds. So my question is what to do at the 2/3 turn. I know based on league history that I will probably have these guys to choose from: Atleast 2 of these wr's wayne,smith,Jennings,Boldin and Bush. Would you grab Bush as your #2 in a ppr along with one wr or would you go with 2 top end receivers to pair with Peterson? There's also a slight chance a Barber and Portis fall as well. Not sure if that changes anything and/or if you rank those guys ahead of Bush or not.

I would absolutley grab two of Wayne/Jennings/Smith/Boldin....if I can get two stud wr's at the turn, I would. Last year I had the #1 and took Brady, at the 2/3 turn I took Andre Johnson and Fitz...worked out well (I drafted Warner and picked up Cassell) The difference is when you do this you have to really find out what rb's have a chance to burst into startdom. with the 4/5 turn don't hesitate to take two rookies....Wells/Brown. This year there are plenty of RB's compared to the past. Derrick Ward, McFadden, LJ.....plenty of rb's are falling this year due to the lack of elite wr talent and the depth of decent rb's.

Even if Barber/Portis fall, I'd still take Smith/Jennings/Wayner over either one of them.

Good luck.

Also, keep 3 in a PPR league... other scoring standard 4pt passing td's

LT

Pierre Thomas

M. Barber

Brandon Marshall

Cutler

How did you acquire the three guys with the biggest question marks around them?! Is LT over the hill? How will Cutler do without Marshall/Royal? Will Marshall be traded or unhappily stay? How many carries will Jones and Choice steal from Barber? Is Pierre Thomas the real deal?

I think this one is pretty easy. You have to keep the three running backs. Even if LT never returns to the fantasy stud that he once was he should still post great numbers. Pierre has Drew Brees saying he's their #1 back. He's the feature back in the highest scoring team in the NFL. He has good hands and stays in at the goalline and in that offense, there will be plenty of chances for both catches and TD's. Barber is the best offensive player on the team. Jones is a nice change of pace back and Choice is good for a spell, but Barber showed last year he can do it all when asked. Barber and Thomas are both young as well, so you'll have them for years to come.

Cutler will be throwing to Kilroy and Me_2008 this year!? Plus there are so many decent QB's this year. You can let Cutler go and draft Schaub in round three or four. Marshall gets in too much trouble. Nothing worse than having one of your keepers serving a suspension. He's a ticking timebomb waiting to get into trouble. Throw in the fact that he's not happy...yikes. Don't forget about Eddie Royal. LBH has had him a rediculous workout regimine this off season to vault him into the best wr in the game!

I would however do this: Once the season starts pray that LT has a couple great games right from the get go. Then trade him for a younger player that gives you better keeper value in the future.

12 team, 3 player keeper (1 has to be a rookie) PPR league (lose the round the keeper was drafted in). 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D:

I pick 9th overall and 13th (w/keepers accounted for).

I have:

1st = AJ, C Portis

3rd = SJax

4th = CJ3 ®

15th = M Colston

17th = P Thomas

I'm keeping CJ3 as my rookie, but am having the toughest time choosing the other 2 guys. I'm most likely keeping SJax based on his potential in PPR leagues. So now it comes down to Colston or Pierre. RBs are at a premium and I kinda like having Pierre as a Flex. Or, should I try to trade someone to get an extra 1st and keep AJ?

Regardless, I'll be trading whomever I don't keep, but it'll be tough to trade AJ since he has a 1st round tag.

I'd keep AJ. He's just too good! Who are you going to draft in the first round if you don't keep him? Whoever it is, won't be as good. CJ3 is a no brainer.

Personally I'd keep Pierre Thomas, CJ3 andn AJ. Two of the top five wr's in the game and the running back on the best scoring team in the league. While I like SJax skills, he is always hurt, has a below average line and no proven wr's. He gets hurt every year anyway, now they're going to totally stack the line against him. I see very tough days ahead of SJax...well, that is when he's not on the IR. Even if he plays 16 games and does well, I think Thomas will put up very good numbers and with the value of a 17th for him compared to the value of a 3rd for SJax....I like PT Cruiser alot more. While Colston is great, you simply have better options.

Check back in and let me know how your draft went and who you kept!!

Good luck

Ok....I posed the question about who I should keep a while back

here is the link:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...p;?do=findComment&comment=3979568

Now I have thought about this some more and every part of me says to keep

Rodgers

Sjax

Chris Johnson

Kevin Smith

Larry Fitzgerald

we start 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 flex rb or wr, 1 te, k, def

my other options are Palmer, Bush, Ocho, Deshaun Jackson, Keller

looking back at there point totals from last season it looks like this

Rodgers...270

Palmer....I wont count

Sjax....83...he missed what 3 games

Chris Johnson....102

Kevin Smith.....80

Bush....54

Fitzy.....216

Deshaun....108

Ocho....92

Keller....81

So looking at this based on last year...I should keep

Rodgers, Fitzy, Deshaun, Chris Johnson and Ocho...and throw back Sjax, Kevin and the rest...

Please straighten me out....the issue is WRs and TEs get PPR and RBS do not...I been fighting to get PPR for RBs with no luck

help me understand....thanks

Stick with what you originally wanted to do:

Rodgers

Sjax

Chris Johnson

Kevin Smith

Larry Fitzgerald

Even though I'm not a Jackson fan, he's a better keep than DeSean or Ocho. SJax numbers were low due to injury...which seems to follow him around! Ocho is a headcase. He looks to dominate this year, but i'm not convinced he can. My only question is, is Bush...Michael or Reggie? If it's Reggie you have to keep him over Kevin Smith. Don't worry about the points from last year. Go with the best five players, which is what you planned on anyway. The other guys like Ocho/DeSean you can simply redraft if you want them really bad.

I think you'll be fine with your original five.

Good luck!!

Hey , i'm in my first fantasy football league and i just wanted some advice on what i could do to improve my team. we have 10 on our roster now and are drafting our other 9 in a month. it is a keeper league and is PPR. We dress 1 QB/3 RB/3 WR/1 TE/1 K/1 TDef. Is there anyone that i should trade to make my team stronger or anyone or any position that i should draft in a month? Thanks.

Philip Rivers

Larry Johnson

Marion Barber

Brandon Jacobs

Randy Moss

Roddy White

Brandon Marshall

Greg Olsen

Jason Elam

New England Patriots

Nice team. You managed to get top value out of every single pick! My only suggestion would be to add another RB. LJ has been spuratic/hurt and in trouble over the past few years. He's missed 12 games in two years! Jacobs is awesome, but again, gets hurt alot. I would want better depth at running back more than anything. If one or two get hurt, you're in trouble!

PICK 2

Brenda Jacobs

M. Turner

R. Brown

D. McFadden

Ray Rice

Boldin

I love watching Jacobs run. He's like a train coming down the tracks ready to destroy anything in his path. However, just like the train. Both may destroy anything in it's path, they can get derailed while doing so. Jacobs simply can't stay healthy with the style of runner he is. As a keeper you have to stay on the field and put up points for us every game. Turner won't have the carries he had last year, but none the less, he'll be a yardage monster with a nice TD total. Ronnie Brown could turn into the fantasy king this year. The way they use him makes him a great candidate to take over as the #1 fantasy back. I'm not saying he will, but there's a chance. He'll run 20 times a game, catch 3-5 passes a game and throw the ball. You have to keep him!

Brown and Turner offer you the best return, their the safest and neither one has hit their full potential yet! Those would be my keepers.