Sign in to follow this  
Dallas_Empire

Miles Austin is the steal of the draft

romo is a top 5 nfl qb.

No...he really isn't.

Brady, Peyton, Brees, McNabb, Warner, Rivers all easily ahead of him.

He is right in there with Ryan, Rodgers, Cutler....

Or did you mean top 5 in INTs? He was close...tied for 6th actually.

The only passing stat he was top 5 in was yards per game.

No...he really isn't.

I'm with you...Brady, Brees, Manning (the older one), Warner and Rodgers, with Rivers and a host of others following behind. I'm on record saying Romo finishes in the 6-10 range, so he's still a starter in most/all leagues, but he's not top 5 in my book at all. In fact I'd nearly be willing to wager that Matt Schaub put up better #'s this season, per game and total. In fact, I'm betting 3 Matts challenge his #'s (Schaub, Ryan and Hasselbeck)...mark it down folks, at QB, this is the year of the Matt.

I'm with you...Brady, Brees, Manning (the older one), Warner and Rodgers, with Rivers and a host of others following behind. I'm on record saying Romo finishes in the 6-10 range, so he's still a starter in most/all leagues, but he's not top 5 in my book at all. In fact I'd nearly be willing to wager that Matt Schaub put up better #'s this season, per game and total.

Im not talking fantasy wise...Im talking NFL wise like pimp is saying.

FF wise...he is still outside the top 5...especially with Owens gone.

No...he really isn't.

Romo is 4th best in league after Brady, manning, and brees

Romo is 4th best in league after Brady, manning, and brees

4th best at what?

Certainly not playing NFL QB.

He might not even be 2nd best in the NFC East.

Id probably rather have Eli.

Im not talking fantasy wise...Im talking NFL wise like pimp is saying.

FF wise...he is still outside the top 5...especially with Owens gone.

With owens gone? T.O. was an aging 35 year old player who could not get open. He averaged 60 yards a game the past season. He was far past his prime. Romo upgraded with a 26 year odl Roy williams. Romo has plenty of weapons and he is always a threat to run a TD in himself. 4000 yards and 30 tds for romo this season with 15-17 ints.

With owens gone? T.O. was an aging 35 year old player who could not get open. He averaged 60 yards a game the past season. He was far past his prime. Romo upgraded with a 26 year odl Roy williams. Romo has plenty of weapons and he is always a threat to run a TD in himself. 4000 yards and 30 tds for romo this season with 15-17 ints.

TO...even at that was a weapon. A far better weapon than Roy Williams and Miles Austin.

Romo upgraded...just when I had forgotten what a complete and total moron you were, you go and remind me.

He likely won't throw 30 TDs...15-17 is a low estimate too.

Could be an ugly year in big D.

TO...even at that was a weapon. A far better weapon than Roy Williams and Miles Austin.

Romo upgraded...just when I had forgotten what a complete and total moron you were, you go and remind me.

He likely won't throw 30 TDs...15-17 is a low estimate too.

Could be an ugly year in big D.

I have a 200 IQ. I win fantasy leagues. Owens was washed up and he only succeeded due to having a stud QB like romo.

He's only the 3rd best QB in his conference. I would gladly take McNabb and Eli over him.

And I've been trying to get away from Romo-bashing this year, but I'll say it again:

Donovan McNabb has already won more playoff games then Romo will ever win.

I have a 200 IQ. I win fantasy leagues. Owens was washed up and he only succeeded due to having a stud QB like romo.

You rimmed TO nonstop last season. Now that he's not on your team he's washed up?

You're an adorable little monkey :thumbsup:

wow, weren't you guy defending him last year? TO at 35 is >>> than Roy ever was or will ever be. And I have my doubts that you could score 200 on an SAT. Aren't you breaking your rules about talking about your team, your leagues, etc??? You're a tool. :thumbsup:

Miles austin has had some injury bad luck lately. he is fully healthy. If he gets hurt this year then I would tend to agree with you

Dude, he pulled his hamstring in OTA's this year already! He's supposedly gonna be healthy for Camp but how far into it before he gets hurt again. Anytime this guy tries to play he falls apart

Dude, he pulled his hamstring in OTA's this year already! He's supposedly gonna be healthy for Camp but how far into it before he gets hurt again. Anytime this guy tries to play he falls apart

YOu play with fire you get burn sometimes. He is fast like grease lightening.

YOu play with fire you get burn sometimes. He is fast like grease lightening.

Shaping up to be another Deion Branch....minus the talent of course.

Austin has upside IMO But next season based on Chemistry i see Crayton as maybe leading the Cowboys recieving

Romo - I see with 3900 21 and 17 not a great season.

Roy - getting 68 - 800 - 7

Crayton - getting 70 - 900 - 3

Austin - 50 - 700 - 2

Witten - 90 - 950 - 8

Barber - 50 - 450 - 1

Tommy Maddox goes for 5000...

Austin has upside IMO But next season based on Chemistry i see Crayton as maybe leading the Cowboys recieving

Romo - I see with 3900 21 and 17 not a great season.

Roy - getting 68 - 800 - 7

Crayton - getting 70 - 900 - 3

Austin - 50 - 700 - 2

Witten - 90 - 950 - 8

Barber - 50 - 450 - 1

I'm much more clinical when it comes to Crayton.

If he's in your starting lineup, you're losing fantasy games.

wow. i want the last few minutes back from reading this page.

agreed!

Cowboys will lucky to be 8-8 and Felix Jones will be the only player worth anything fantasy wise

agreed!

Cowboys will lucky to be 8-8 and Felix Jones will be the only player worth anything fantasy wise

dang! i thought you were going to post something intelligent. my bad.

Did you see his screen name? Why would he post something positive about Dallas?

Did you see his screen name? Why would he post something positive about Dallas?

:doh: so you're saying he'd rather take a jab at the Cowboys than say something half-way intelligent. thats dedication to hate right there.

Dullass Empire...I'll break this down for you as simply as I can...

Miles Austin > Sam Hurd

Patrick Crayton > Miles Austin

Roy Williams > Patrick Crayton

THE SUCK > Roy Williams

feel free to draft any of them and you'll also get THE SUCK included as a free bonus.

:doh:

Cowboys made the new Lions GM look like a genius with this trade, Jones had hard on for Roy and the 0-16 Lions fleeced him, Whiny Roy is on the decline.

As for Miles <_<

Manning Brees McNabb Warner Rivers Brady Rodgers Schaub (in fantasy) over Romo

I like M Austin as a sleeper candidate. Crayton is meh and Austin at least has some size, speed, and flashes big play ability and JJ does love him. I'm willing to take a chance on him in my Dynasty as a 6th or 7th WR.

I'm willing to take a chance on him in my Dynasty as a 6th or 7th WR.

Well that I can see. But Dullass Empire is bragging him up as if he'll have WR2 numbers.

Dullass Empire...I'll break this down for you as simply as I can...

Miles Austin > Sam Hurd

Patrick Crayton > Miles Austin

Roy Williams > Patrick Crayton

THE SUCK > Roy Williams

feel free to draft any of them and you'll also get THE SUCK included as a free bonus.

:lol:

Austin isnt a WR2(could be eventually), but this analogy is stupid. the Cowboys WR's could be the best in the NFC East. i understand thats not sayin a lot, but still.........

Austin isnt a WR2(could be eventually), but this analogy is stupid. the Cowboys WR's could be the best in the NFC East. i understand thats not sayin a lot, but still.........

Since all the departures at WR from the NFC East, this is the worst collection of talent I can remember. Nobody's WR scares anybody.

Since all the departures at WR from the NFC East, this is the worst collection of talent I can remember. Nobody's WR scares anybody.

There is alot of youth at the WR position this year in the east. So to say it's the worst may be a little harsh.

Unproven. The biggest collection of unproven WRs in the east in a very long time.

There is alot of youth at the WR position this year in the east. So to say it's the worst may be a little harsh.

Unproven. The biggest collection of unproven WRs in the east in a very long time.

So Maclin and Hicks are going to scare people?

Maclin is already late to camp.

Its okay to say the worst. When it is true.

I say that because Roy wasn't as good as Calvin in Calvin's rookie year, despite Calvin's back injury and he looked awful last year. I think people are going to overpay for Roy thinking he's "the man" this year Dallas but I personally don't believe he's got enough heart to carry the team as the lead WR. I might actually put the Cowboys as last in there own division in terms of talent at the WR spot.

Dallas thought little enough of the WR talent last year to trade for Roy to be the #2 WR (which he sucked at) and now they're suddenly better by subtracting their best WR from the group???!!! No. Aside from TO, this group was weak last year and is weaker this year.

I've been listening to reports out Cowboys camp (here in SA) and Martellus is a beast. It won't be Roy or Crayton or Miles that scares defenses it will be Witten and Bennett iso'd on linebackers and eating them up that does it. If Roy and Miles get deep on anybody it will be because those TE are drawing off safety coverage from them.

Well that I can see. But Dullass Empire is bragging him up as if he'll have WR2 numbers.

He is a lock for 800 and 7-8 tds.

:thumbsup: so you're saying he'd rather take a jab at the Cowboys than say something half-way intelligent. thats dedication to hate right there.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he forgot Witten and Barber existed.

You're a lock for 5-8 years for lewd conduct with a minor. :thumbsup:

I fully expect 1000 and 10 from austin. That 800 and 7-8 is a baseline

I fully expect 1000 and 10 from austin. That 800 and 7-8 is a baseline

:(

1] TO got 1000-10 last yr in dallas: relatively speaking, TO=french white wine sauce with a hint of lemon butter reduction; austin=ACME sauce u buy at the thrift store

2] miles austin is basically "devery-henderson-lite", who could only get 800-3 playing in the best passing game in the galaxy

baseline 800/7-8, expect 1000/10??? :headbanger:

[oh wait, u mean his stats from 7-on-7 drills in practice while being covered by mike jenkins?? :(]

: Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said Thursday that RB Marion Barber is ready to go this season. "Marion Barber has lost a little weight; he's a little bit under what he was last year; he looks strong, he looks quick, and powerful obviously," Phillips said. "He was excited; I talked to him before practice and he was really excited to get out there. He said, 'Don't tell those guys not to hit me, because I'm going to hit them.' His attitude is like it's always been, but I think it's especially good." Phillips then said what the defined roles are for Barber, Felix Jones and Tashard Choice. "Like I said, I think Marion and Felix are certainly going to be the featured backs," Phillips said. "Tashard has shown that he can come in and do some specific things."

Analysis: This doesn't sound like Barber will be the only one getting the carries in Dallas, but that's something we anticipated this season. He's still the best Fantasy option of the Cowboys running backs, and he will be the one scoring touchdowns. Barber should be considered a No. 2 Fantasy RB worth a second-round pick in all leagues. Jones should be considered a No. 3 Fantasy option worth a mid-round selection.