Sign in to follow this  
GridironGuzzlers

Who else went WR WR

We start QB, RB, 2 WR, 2 flex, TE, K, D, with individual return yds/tds count for offensive stats

12 team, 10th pick

McNabb, Edwards

Grant, R.Bush,Benson, F.Jones

Fitz, R.Moss,TO,Hester, Chambers, Harvin

Olsen,Celek

SD

Folk

I went WR/QB and I'm happy with my team...

Moss/Rivers

Of course this is because we have a 2 keeper league where keeping a player costs you the round ahead of whatever they cost you the year before (no top three round picks can be kept). Because of this I have Frank Gore for my 3rd round pick, and Steve Slaton for my 12th. With this in mind I'm probably not the target audience of this thread.

We start QB, RB, 2 WR, 2 flex, TE, K, D, with individual return yds/tds count for offensive stats

12 team, 10th pick

McNabb, Edwards

Grant, R.Bush,Benson, F.Jones

Fitz, R.Moss,TO,Hester, Chambers, Harvin

Olsen,Celek

SD

Folk

First... what league lets Grant, Bush or TO fall to the late 5th or early 6th round (which player was drafted where? And where did you take McNabb)?

I had the 12th pick in a 12-team league, I almost drafted Randy Moss/Megatron but chickened out and picked Moss/Chris Johnson.

I had the 12th pick in a 12-team league, I almost drafted Randy Moss/Megatron but chickened out and picked Moss/Chris Johnson.

I did almost the same thing - wanted Megatron but chickened out and took Chris Johnson. I picked Brees first so I was worried about not having a good RB...but then of course I wasn't too happy with my WR's.

I went QB/WR and still walked away with Ryan Grant and Kevin Smith.

But it was a scary wait for those picks.

First... what league lets Grant, Bush or TO fall to the late 5th or early 6th round (which player was drafted where? And where did you take McNabb)?

Uhh, most leagues, genius. I got Grant 3.10, TO 4.3, Bush 5.10, McNabb 6.3. According to this site's cheatsheet they are going 3.7, 3.8, 5.4, 6.1 respectively. I'm sure some leagues vary more than that. I think Bush was the only real steal because return yds/tds count.

14 teams 8th overall. Went WR-WR-WR. I will sink or swim by my RB situation. Love my receivers , though.

1. (8) Randy Moss WR

2. (21) Calvin Johnson WR

3. (36) Roddy White WR

4. (49) Matt Schaub QB

5. (64) LenDale White RB

6. (77) Knowshon Moreno RB

7. (92) Ray Rice RB

8. (105) Fred Jackson RB

9. (120) James Davis RB

10. (133) Chris Henry WR

11. (148) Dustin Keller TE

12. (161) Jason Campbell QB

13. (176) Green Bay DEF

14. (189) Tampa Bay DEF

15. (204) Lawrence Tynes K

I do. 14 team league. From 11 spot.

1. Calvin (over Andre)

2. Greg Jennings (over Wayne)

3. Ray Rice (over McFadden)

4. Eddie Royal (over DeSean, Braylon and Marshall)

5. Jay Cutler (over Ryan)

6. Felix Jones (over Donald Brown)

7. Fred Jackson (over Bradshaw)

8. Steelers D

9. James Davis

10. Jets D

11. Shonn Greene

12. Mark Sanchez

13. Vernon Davis

14. Chaz Schilens

15. Jason Elam

16. Limas Sweed

14 teams 8th overall. Went WR-WR-WR. I will sink or swim by my RB situation. Love my receivers , though.

1. (8) Randy Moss WR

2. (21) Calvin Johnson WR

3. (36) Roddy White WR

4. (49) Matt Schaub QB

5. (64) LenDale White RB

6. (77) Knowshon Moreno RB

7. (92) Ray Rice RB

8. (105) Fred Jackson RB

9. (120) James Davis RB

10. (133) Chris Henry WR

11. (148) Dustin Keller TE

12. (161) Jason Campbell QB

13. (176) Green Bay DEF

14. (189) Tampa Bay DEF

15. (204) Lawrence Tynes K

How do you get Ray Rice in the 7th round in a 14 team league? He would not have lasted to even my 4th pick.

Nice team.

Jennings at 18 overall? I really like him this year but I think that's a bit of a reach.

Who else do you take if you're avoiding RB in the first 2 rounds?

In my opinion, my only other choices were Peyton or Rodgers. We get bonus points for long TDs in that league (2 for every 20 yards for WRs/RBs, 1 per 20 for QBs), so I like Jennings more than Wayne (considering how slow he looked on his long TD catch in the preseason). Steve Smith was gone, but he and Jennings were dead even for me, with Jennings safer, with the GB offense, and the fact that Delhomme is probably more injury prone and would kill Smith's value if he did get hurt.

Who else do you take if you're avoiding RB in the first 2 rounds?

In my opinion, my only other choices were Peyton or Rodgers. We get bonus points for long TDs in that league (2 for every 20 yards for WRs/RBs, 1 per 20 for QBs), so I like Jennings more than Wayne (considering how slow he looked on his long TD catch in the preseason). Steve Smith was gone, but he and Jennings were dead even for me, with Jennings safer, with the GB offense, and the fact that Delhomme is probably more injury prone and would kill Smith's value if he did get hurt.

I think it's only a little bit of a reach, but why were you "avoiding" RB's? Which ones were available? I'm cool with going WR-WR if you get two of "the big 4" but although I have Jennings as my #5-rated receiver, I think there's a bit of a dropoff after the first 4 guys.

So going by what you said, if Brees, Brady, Fitz, Moss, AJ, and Calvin were all gone, then only 11 RB's had been taken before your second pick? Just wondering what RB's you passed on. If you didn't like any of them, then more power to ya.

I like WR alot this year as well and think that is the way to go.

Why is everyone so high on Ray Rice he hasnt even been named the starter...