Sign in to follow this  
emdig66

***College Football Betting Thread***, Week 3

Here are some of my early week 3 leans.

Georgia over Arkansas - My book has this game at pick currently but I've seen Arkansas as high as -2 on other sites. Arkansas is a dangerous team and may win one or 2 games against the top teams in the SEC but not this week.

Clemson -6.5 over BC - Yes, Clemson gave up a ton of yardage to both GT and Middle Tennessee. BC is 11-2 over their last 13 as a road dog. All signs point to BC but Clemson has a ton of talent and at home will put it all together.

Florida -28.5 over Tennessee - This game is going to get ugly. Meyer will run up the score and make Kiffin pay for those comments he made when he took the HC job at Tenny.

Kentucky -13.5 over Louisville - Their defense is sick and I like SEC teams as a safe bet vs a non conference opponent.

Phillybear, Hurricane Ditka, Toledo - what do you guys think?

Good Luck everyone

@Texas -17 Texas Tech

@Oregon -4 Utah

Kind of like Purdue -13 at home versus Northern Illinois. I think Purdue may be a bit under-rated.

@Texas -17 Texas Tech

@Oregon -4 Utah

Kind of like Purdue -13 at home versus Northern Illinois. I think Purdue may be a bit under-rated.

Washington +19.5 seems to make sense. Kind of a let down game for USC after that long trip to Columbus.

Overall NCAA YTD: 37-21; +26.55 units

Subset: 5 unit plays or higher: 16-14; -7.7 units

Overall NFL YTD: 6-5; +4.09 units

Well. let's get this out of the way so I can dive into the Saturday games.

Thursday

Georgia Tech (+6)@-111 for 3 units LOSER

Adding Georgia Tech 2nd H (-.5)@+110 for 1 unit LOSER

Friday

Fresno St (+7.5)@-112 for 3 units LOSER

Edit:

Overall NCAA YTD: 37-23; +22.22 units

NCAA YTD 3-6 thanks to a 3-0 turnaround last week.

Start with

Ga Tech +6.5 LOSER

Fresno St +7.5 LOSER

Boston College +7 LOSER

Washington +20 WINNER

Georgia +1.5 WINNER

Good luck to all

ADD Wyoming +7 Just because I'm doing so GREAT!!! LOSER

YTD Posted Plays: 4-1

Laying off tonights game. Will come down to GTech rush offense vs Miami run defense and also Jaocby Harris not turning the ball over. Lean GTech, but no play.

Rest of week:

Fresno +7.5- Like the home dog in Fresno's biggest game of the season. They played Wisky tight at Camp Randall last week, think they can stay tight here.

Penn State +30- Gone against them twice at similar numbers, here's where i think they win big. Won last three meetings by 42, 31, and 47.

Washington +20- USC may have a hangover here after OSU win. Jake Locker can play a little.

Arizona +5.5- I think Arizona is the better team here on either side of the ball.

Cincinnati -1- Should be one of the better games of the week, if they can stop Rodgers, they can win the game.

Syracuse +3- I think Paulus gets it done here and gets the Cuse their first win. They haven't looked bad in first two games

FSU +7.5- This line would be a lot lower if FSU didn't have the Miami hangover last week against Jax St. They aren't that bad.

Arkansas -1.5- Home team gets it done here in maybe the best game of the week.

Hmmm....looks like I am against the rest of the board here.

NCAA YTD 7-14 down 12.2 units

Miami -5 for 1 unit.

I also like Boise tomorrow. Good luck all!

After that terrible second half last week, that saw me lose by 1 pt, I am still back GT tonight.

GT +6 - 2 Units

I think I'm leaning towards Miami tonight. 14th ranked team getting 6 pts against a 20th ranked team? Granted the game is at Miami but I just think the books want you to take GT.

I think I'm leaning towards Miami tonight. 14th ranked team getting 6 pts against a 20th ranked team? Granted the game is at Miami but I just think the books want you to take GT.

A couple of random thoughts.

I saw the % of wagers last night, and it was running 51% for Miami. Pretty even at this point.

Frequently, we will see unranked teams as 7 pt favorites over ranked opponents. I usually completely ignore rankings. Totally useless to me. I had no idea either of these teams was ranked. I couldn't even tell you who is in the top 10 rankings. I guess Florida is. Not sure who else. USC I guess. That's about it. Weird, huh? Oddsmakers don't look at the rankings either. They are smarter than the voters. They have to be.

Anyway, there was quite an audience a while back watching Miami upset Florida St on national TV. Then, while most people were watching the NFL game, G Tech won but didn't cover after getting lazy vs Clemson in the 2nd half. I don't know the stats offhand, but I know the GTech coach, the guy from Navy, is an outstanding ATS as an underdog. On the other hand, the current Miami coach is terrible ATS as a favorite. G Tech is supposed to be better on offense this year, with more passing, so I think they can hang within the number. I think Miami is overvalued, G Tech undervalued, and like getting between +3.5 to +7 for the game.

Or Miami kills them. Who knows.

I saw the % of wagers last night, and it was running 51% for Miami. Pretty even at this point.

Frequently, we will see unranked teams as 7 pt favorites over ranked opponents. I usually completely ignore rankings. Totally useless to me. I had no idea either of these teams was ranked. I couldn't even tell you who is in the top 10 rankings. I guess Florida is. Not sure who else. USC I guess. That's about it. Weird, huh? Oddsmakers don't look at the rankings either. They are smarter than the voters. They have to be.

Anyway, there was quite an audience a while back watching Miami upset Florida St on national TV. Then, while most people were watching the NFL game, G Tech won but didn't cover after getting lazy vs Clemson in the 2nd half. I don't know the stats offhand, but I know the GTech coach, the guy from Navy, is an outstanding ATS as an underdog. On the other hand, the current Miami coach is terrible ATS as a favorite. G Tech is supposed to be better on offense this year, with more passing, so I think they can hang within the number. I think Miami is overvalued, G Tech undervalued, and like getting between +3.5 to +7 for the game.

I agree with everything except for GTech being better on offense WITH more passing. They are basically the same team on offense. This offense revolves around Dryer and now also the addition of Anthony Allen. Josh Nesbitt can not throw the ball. He is 43% career passer (61 for 168 in his career). This year he is just 9 for 25 passing. He has 4 TD's in his career versus 9 interceptions. I just hope GTech doesn't get behind by much in this game, because they aren't going to pass their way back in to it.

That being said, GTech should be able to run all over Miami, just like they did last year. Miami has 5 of the same front 7 starting last year that GTech compiled 472 rushing yards against. Soo for the GTech backers, they just hope Nesbitt doesn't have to throw a pass in this game. The Miami backers need Jacoby Harris and the Miami offense to jump out early and force Gtech to play from behind, because I don't think GTech can do that very well.

I agree with everything except for GTech being better on offense WITH more passing. They are basically the same team on offense. This offense revolves around Dryer and now also the addition of Anthony Allen. Josh Nesbitt can not throw the ball. He is 43% career passer (61 for 168 in his career). This year he is just 9 for 25 passing. He has 4 TD's in his career versus 9 interceptions. I just hope GTech doesn't get behind by much in this game, because they aren't going to pass their way back in to it.

That being said, GTech should be able to run all over Miami, just like they did last year. Miami has 5 of the same front 7 starting last year that GTech compiled 472 rushing yards against. Soo for the GTech backers, they just hope Nesbitt doesn't have to throw a pass in this game. The Miami backers need Jacoby Harris and the Miami offense to jump out early and force Gtech to play from behind, because I don't think GTech can do that very well.

They don't necessarily have to pass, as they definitely want to run the ball. But they are supposed to feature more of a wide open attack, which can lead to matchup advantages to run with. They want to feature the threat of passing. But if Nesbitt can't thrown it in the ocean, it won't matter, and Miami will stack the line anyway.

Come to think of it, I don't like watching ACC games. Why do I bet on them? :thumbsdown:

Give me a WAC game anyday.

It's funny but last Thursday I was watching the Clemson/GT game instead of Pitt/Tennessee. I see your point about oddsmakers not caring about rankings. I'll probably stay away from the game.

Umm, who are you schlubs betting on tonight? This degenerate needs a push one way or the other here, I gotta have some action.

:shocking:

I was ready to piggy back on GT, but saw the line dropped to 4 with the action still pretty much 50-50, so I went with the canes.

Miami -4

I am newly reloaded complete with a 11% bonus from thegreek <_<

Didn't really have a chance to look over this game earlier in the week and am disappointed I missed out on a few extra points.

I got killed the last 2 weeks, hence the reload. If I go 0-2 tonight I won't be posting another pick until next week as I am way to superstitious and need to break the cycle somehow, maybe not posting my picks will help.

Georgia Tech +4

Under 53.5

Good Luck :dunno:

With the line dropping for no good reason, the books are begging for Miami money. Feels like a trap.

Good luck to all.

For those looking for Dr Bob college, (1-0) on the season...

3 stars: Army, BYU

Strong Opinions: Arizona, Bowling Green

For those looking for Dr Bob college, (1-0) on the season...

3 stars: Army, BYU

Strong Opinions: Arizona, Bowling Green

BYU has me convinced, glad to see I am not alone!

I am newly reloaded complete with a 11% bonus from thegreek :thumbsdown:

Didn't really have a chance to look over this game earlier in the week and am disappointed I missed out on a few extra points.

I got killed the last 2 weeks, hence the reload. If I go 0-2 tonight I won't be posting another pick until next week as I am way to superstitious and need to break the cycle somehow, maybe not posting my picks will help.

Georgia Tech +4

Under 53.5

Good Luck :unsure:

What are the payout fees for the Greek? I know Bodog is free once a month. Local book went out this year and I'm kinda stuck not betting. I'm not sure why I'm so hesitant to hop on an online book. I've never done it, it just feels weird to me...

Adding Georgia Tech 2nd H (-.5)@+110 for 1 unit

Taking a shot. GTech's defense sucked, but finally started to slow down Miami. I think the Jackets make it a closer game in the 2nd half.

What are the payout fees for the Greek? I know Bodog is free once a month. Local book went out this year and I'm kinda stuck not betting. I'm not sure why I'm so hesitant to hop on an online book. I've never done it, it just feels weird to me...

Greek is good but I dont think us American can bet there. Bouve is a canuck

Nice to start the week on a positive note.

Adding

Boise St -7 for 2 units.

They will cruise to an easy double digit win.

Some leans for tomorrow...

Rice/OkSt under 66.5

Miami/Western Michigan under 48

KSU/UCLA under 43

Indiana/Akron under 49.5

Arizona/Iowa over 41

BYU -8

Kentucky -14

Northwestern -3

North Carolina -7

Miami, OH +16.5

Utah +5 or ML

USC -19.5

SMU -6

Bowling Green -3

New Mexico +17.5

Hmmm...a lot of favorites on the card.

Depending on which payout option you choose. I use E-Check and their fee is $20 flat. They offer Fed-Ex for $35 or regular USPS for $10. Never had an issue with them since I started using them.

Some leans for tomorrow...

Rice/OkSt under 66.5

Miami/Western Michigan under 48

KSU/UCLA under 43

Indiana/Akron under 49.5

Arizona/Iowa over 41

BYU -8

Kentucky -14

Northwestern -3

North Carolina -7

Miami, OH +16.5

Utah +5 or ML

USC -19.5

SMU -6

Bowling Green -3

New Mexico +17.5

Hmmm...a lot of favorites on the card.

I'm leaning a little towards Florida St as everyone is on the BYU bandwagon.

Some other games I like:

Va Tech - 4.5

Navy +7

Kansas St +12

Good luck everyone

Taking O53 tonight as well.

Fresno needs to run the ball to win but once Boise gets up I think Fresno will be forced to pass to keep pace.

Overall NCAA YTD: 37-24; +18.86 units

In a slump. Saturday, no 10 unit play today, for 2 units unless indicated otherwise, may add a couple more.

Army (-7)@-121) for 5 units PUSH

Temple (+30)@-105 WINNER

Kansas (-23.5)@-111 WINNER

Wyoming (+7)@-113 for 5 units LOSER

Arizona (+4)@-105 for 5 units LOSER

Indiana (+3.5)@-119 for 5 units WINNER

SoMiss (-14)@-111 LOSER

Utah (+5)@-105 LOSER

Washington (+19)@-102 WINNER

Michigan St (+10.5)@-110 for 5 units WINNER

San Diego St (-3)@-107 for 5 units LOSER

Pittsburgh (-7)@-118 for 5 units WINNER

Cincinnati (-1)@-102 for 5 units WINNER

Edit: 7-5-1; +5.43

4-3-1; +3.75

Northwestern (-2.5)@110 LOSER

Vanderbilt (-9)@-104) for 5 units LOSER

Bowling Green (-2.5)@-106 for 5 units LOSER

BYU (-8)@104) for 5 units LOSER

Oklahoma St (-33.5)@-102 for 5 units LOSER

Iowa St (+3.5)@-114 for 5 units WINNER

West Virginia (+7.5)@-110 for 5 units LOSER

Texas Tech (+18)@-103 WINNER

For the week...2-0 +3 units

YTD 9-14 down 9.2 units

Early games

OSU/Toledo over 59

Kentucky -14

North Carolina -7

I will have more later after going to the local parade.

A little about the OSU/Toledo game. While it is considered a home game for Toledo, they are playing in Cleveland Browns stadium. This is about 2 hours from Toledo and also about 2 hours from Columbus. Most of the state is Ohio State fans in addition to pulling for their favorite MAC school. I am sure the majority of the stands will be Scarlett & Grey. I see the game being 45-30 or something. This is the last game Toledo plays this year with a number under 65. They got their new coach from the Oklahoma State staff so they have figured out how to score some points. They have no defense and what they have has totally broken down in the second half both games they have played so far this year.

GL everyone. here's what i've got, though i've had a rough start to the year (down like 10 units) so prob just ignore this.

everything for 2 units unless posted otherwise

B.C. +7

Arizona +6@-125 4 units

Wyoming +7

Cincy -1

Arkansas -1

UCLA -11

My picks for today, 3-1 so far this week :doublethumbsup:

Toledo +21.5

Eastern Michigan +23.5

Kentucky -13.5

North Texas +39