Sign in to follow this  
lowman

Just did a very risky trade

I think with their running game picking up I think he and Delhomme start turning it around. But the main reason I did it was I only start one WR and it was always guess work. I can always play Avery or H.Nicks is my new Steve Smith does not get better. Man I just feel like the Giants have sooo many options, and Desean I am not sold on. Let me have it.

You gave both for S.Smith on the Panthers? Way too much. Smith of the Giants may slow down but he will be very good. DeSean is a player. He is as good as S.Smith. Bad trade on your part.

Wow. I don't know we will see. It is a PPRL and I you start

QB

Rb

WR

RB/WR

RB/WR

TE

K

Def

Like I said I only start one WR, someone would always be on the bench. I just think Carolina turns it around.

While I think Steve Smith (Car) is gonna turn it around I dont understand why you gave up so much for him. No reason why you had to give up both guys to get him, 1 should have been plenty and would have given you some depth in case things dont get better.I think you had a solid idea but you gotta work on getting value in your trades.

Sorry, too much for Carolina Smith. I might have done it for Jackson only, maybe. NY Smith has been a top 5 target all year, outside of injury, why would that change? I hope it would because I got Manningham but I don't see it.

With Delhomme on his exit tour, Carolina is going to pound the rock or dump it short even though the other teams will be definitely expecting just that.

So, I own both of those same guys, and am in fact trying to acquire the Carolina Steve Smith. I can probably get him for Mike Bell + Donnie Avery. Good luck, but ouch. Was this the first offer between the two of you?

WOW! You gave away the current #2 fantasy wide receiver for a guy you have hopes for? Or is it his preseason ranking that has you excited? Smith in Carolina is a good player, but he is on a bad passing team with a QB that has been awful. Smith in NY has been nothing but reliable and fairly consistent on a team where initially you didnt know where the ball was going to go. Now we know. You really should have gotten some advice before pulling the trigger on this one. If 2% told you to go ahead, I would be surprised. I have both Smiths on my money team and am seriously considering dropping him from the team. Now you give me hope that I might be able to swindle some poor gullible fella with high hopes.

WOW! You gave away the current #2 fantasy wide receiver for a guy you have hopes for? Or is it his preseason ranking that has you excited? Smith in Carolina is a good player, but he is on a bad passing team with a QB that has been awful. Smith in NY has been nothing but reliable and fairly consistent on a team where initially you didnt know where the ball was going to go. Now we know. You really should have gotten some advice before pulling the trigger on this one. If 2% told you to go ahead, I would be surprised. I have both Smiths on my money team and am seriously considering dropping him from the team. Now you give me hope that I might be able to swindle some poor gullible fella with high hopes.

Andy Dufresne: [in letter to Red] Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

[last lines]

Red: [narrating] I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope.

Not good, Smith CAR can turn it around and have some good games but what would make you believe Smith NYG won't continue to be better?

He's on a much better offense and gets a ton of targets. I would easily rather have the NY version

I have both Smiths and Carolina Steve has been benched for good. I would take anyone on a roster for him in a trade. DelHomo can't get him the ball.

You can never get the full effect of a trade until a few weeks have passed but on the face this is a really bad trade. I wouldnt trade my #3 for Steve SMmith ( car). and Steve Smith (NYG) is the #1 fantasy WR. And Jackson is a high #2. . Again might turn out to be an ok trade in a few weeks but this is one of those trades I see every year where someone trades for a name instead of a player and it ruins there team. I mean I dont think you trade any ONE of them for smith but it wouldnt be out of the question but both. thats just bad trading. A trade that ruins a teams season. My other issue is WHY? . you got 2 great fantasy WR's , what possessed you to get rid of them for a player whom isnt as good as them. makes little sense.

Andy Dufresne: [in letter to Red] Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

[last lines]

Red: [narrating] I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope.

Awesome movie, easily in my top 5 of all-time. :headbanger:

I think with their running game picking up I think he and Delhomme start turning it around. But the main reason I did it was I only start one WR and it was always guess work. I can always play Avery or H.Nicks is my new Steve Smith does not get better. Man I just feel like the Giants have sooo many options, and Desean I am not sold on. Let me have it.

:shocking: :ninja:

Did he at least have the courtesy of putting vaseline on it, first? :overhead:

I think you may have been able to get him for less than that, but I'm going to hold judgement for now. Steve Smith is capable of massive games and he's the unquestioned #1 WR on his team. It could end up in your favor by the end of the year.

So your handle "lowman" comes from your position in your current league's standings?

I can only imagine the look on the other players face when he saw that offer. He probally broke a speed record accepting that trade. Again not saying its the worst trade ever but it really is such a bad trade.

Duuuude,

Besides the obvious fact you overpaid for someone who may or may not work out for you, its bad trade on the face of it because you gave someone your competiting against 2 starters. In a perfect world we'd all like to start nothing but RBs in the flex, but in RBBC reality of today's NFL, that is not always feasible.

Incredibly myoptic move on several levels.

I traded S.Smith(nyg) and got Steve Smith(Car) and a 3rd round draft pick in a keeper league.

My other wr's are(start 3)

Megatron

Wayne

B.Edwards

I hate NFC East wr's when the snow begins and Im loaded at rb so neither smith would be a keeper.

You gave up a ton for him...but usually when a wr spouts off they hook him up the next week.

Not to mention, Wayne gets to play in a dome while Marshall will have to battle the elements up in Denver. Wayne is a safe choice down the stretch.

Week 6 trades you have to be thinking ahead to playoff schedules. SS (CAR) has this coming up:

• Week 14 @ NE
  • Week 15 MIN
  • Week 16 @ NYG

Do the Panthers have some secret history of killing it in the frigid northeast in December? :music_guitarred:

Wow! This is the most hilarious post all day. I really hope you're kidding.

I have a history of bad trades, but this is probably the worst trade since herschel walker!

Prediction: Next week Lowman trades ronnie brown/ray rice for tomlinson!

Wow I can not beleive how many people are loyal to six weeks worth of stats. Time will tell. Do not go running if time comes for you to eat crow. I remember stealing Andre Johnson a couple years ago from a slow start.

Wow I can not beleive how many people are loyal to six weeks worth of stats. Time will tell. Do not go running if time comes for you to eat crow. I remember stealing Andre Johnson a couple years ago from a slow start.

Guilty until proven innocent. :thumbsdown:

I'm sure someone can do an analysis of how often the first 6 week stats are inaccurate, if you want to take that line of approach.

I'd rather have Steve Smith CAROLINA on my mind! Yes, I agree with lowman. :thumbsup: And I do. I start S. Smith CAR and Greg Jennings every week, 'cept I'm 2-4. That will change though.

Look at last years stats. There was Plax and Toomer/Hixon and Smith. Smith is the #1 and is one of the most heavily targeted receivers in the league. Every other WR on the Giants squad is fighting for their job. Could be Manningham one week and Hixon (highest rated Giants WR pre season) the next. It's a crap shoot after Smith.