Sign in to follow this  
We Tigers

Acquiring Arizona - Wells and DST

Beanie Wells and the Arizona defense for my Green Bay defense and Jamal Lewis in a 14-team, .5 PPR. Go for it? I could use Beanie as I'm down to Kevin Smith/Steven Jackson/Mike Bell after injuries, and I think the Arizona defense is going to acquit itself well over the rest of the year (and have actually done very well so far, too). Wells is never going to start for this guy given his RB depth, so I guess he just wants to upgrade in some fashion that puts extra points in his lineup instead of on his bench. Am I missing something, or is this as take-it-and-run as it seems?

I would take it and run. AZ has a great schedule down the stretch and it looks like Wells is getting more and more involved in that offense. They seem to be trusting him more. I just picked up the AZ D for the stretch run, i really like most of their match-ups and they've been solid so far this year.

Personally, I play different defenses every week based on match up, so I normally don't look to hold any one defense. That said I think I would like to have Wells over Lewis. I never was that impressed with Hightower.

Truthfully, I don't think it will make that big of an impact... but having said that, going the AZ way will probably yield a bit more fruit.

Thanks for your input.

I would definitely do this deal. Like someone said above ARZ has a decent schedule coming up and Beanie over Jamal is a given no matter what format.

Basically it's Beanie and Arizona for Green Bay. Jamal is useless.

Green Bay has a nice schedule too, but the upgrade at RB is too good to pass up.