Sign in to follow this  
devius

Beanie Wells

the guy has clearly shown signs of brilliance. the guy was just punishing seahawk defenders. if he gets the opportunity to carry the rock 20+ times a game...he'll be a beast. so whats the hold up?!?! from the sounds of things he's improved his blocking and blitz pick up.

the guy has clearly shown signs of brilliance. the guy was just punishing seahawk defenders. if he gets the opportunity to carry the rock 20+ times a game...he'll be a beast. so whats the hold up?!?! from the sounds of things he's improved his blocking and blitz pick up.

He's a top 5 back in the making. Amazing combination of size and speed. The Cards offense is on the brink of being the great if they let him run wild, with 3 top WRs.

He is a good RB in the making no doubt. But having 2 capable RBs seems to be the norm these days around the league. Given his injury history, very likely he will always stay at 15-17 touches per game with HighTower in the mix. Dont see him getting more unless HighTower is either injured or becomes inaffective. Which is not the case right now. So curb your expecations of a full blown starter touches For wells.

He is a good RB in the making no doubt. But having 2 capable RBs seems to be the norm these days around the league. Given his injury history, very likely he will always stay at 15-17 touches per game with HighTower in the mix. Dont see him getting more unless HighTower is either injured or becomes inaffective. Which is not the case right now. So curb your expecations of a full blown starter touches For wells.

This injury prone talk is BS. He was hurt his jr year in college (and still gutted out games). That was it! He didnt miss time as a frosh and soph.

I do think that Hightower should get touches, but strictly in 3rd and long situations (see Kevin Faulk). That's it!

he's slowly winning it, and has actually given solid production with his limited workload over the past 4 weeks:

51 car 271 yds 3 TDs, 5 rec 42 yds

That is considerably better than my other two RBs over their past 4 (K Smith and Marshawn)

Smith 56-228-0, 9-68-0

Lynch 54-181-1, 10-42-0

He's a top 5 back in the making. Amazing combination of size and speed. The Cards offense is on the brink of being the great if they let him run wild, with 3 top WRs.

I've been saying all season that it is when, not if, Beanie becomes the primary back. I think Whis is slowly ramping him up for the playoffs so that he'll be fresh and capable.

To your comment, watching him yesterday, he reminded me a lot of AP. Not that he is there yet, but a rare combo of power/speed like you mentioned.

I've weighed in on this topic a lot since I'm a big Cards fan, so I'll add my 2 cents...

I think Beanie has the potential to develop into a top 5 back over the next few seasons without a doubt. His combination of finesse and toughness is something every coach looks for in their #1 back. Whisenhunt has openly spoken about how they want to develop into a run-first offense, but over time. The issue is that while Kurt Warner is still their QB, they won't be running first, and especially if they are as successful throwing the ball. That said, the fact that the Cards throw so much also helps spread defenses a bit, allowing Beanie to knock off some of these long runs he's shown lately. But Beanie's ability is only turning Arizona into a bigger contender, and giving them a weapon they didn't have as much during last year's Superbowl run.

Personally, Hightower only helps Beanie's cause, and both give each other value. As Arizona continues to develop their run game (which has become more and more apparent each week), both backs have done their share to carry the team. I would love to see Beanie and Hightower as a 1-2 punch with Beanie getting the ball slightly more. They both have skills and parts of their game that compliment each other. Beanie is a fast / agile back that finds holes and exploits them, great for long yardage and 1-2 downs. Hightower is a brute-force power back that softens D's and can pass-block, great for 3rd down's and goal lines. If Arizona uses both of them efficiently, we are going to see a team that has an incredible offense in all parts of the game.

Last night's game was a great example of how to use them. Unfortunately, Seattle made a great stop on the goal line against Hightower (something very rare when he's given the opportunity), but this is how I hope Arizona continues to use both backs, and how I think they will stay successful.

FWIW, I own Hightower and Beanie in 1 league, Hightower in another, and Beanie in another.

:music_guitarred:

I've weighed in on this topic a lot since I'm a big Cards fan, so I'll add my 2 cents...

I think Beanie has the potential to develop into a top 5 back over the next few seasons without a doubt. His combination of finesse and toughness is something every coach looks for in their #1 back. Whisenhunt has openly spoken about how they want to develop into a run-first offense, but over time. The issue is that while Kurt Warner is still their QB, they won't be running first, and especially if they are as successful throwing the ball. That said, the fact that the Cards throw so much also helps spread defenses a bit, allowing Beanie to knock off some of these long runs he's shown lately. But Beanie's ability is only turning Arizona into a bigger contender, and giving them a weapon they didn't have as much during last year's Superbowl run.

Personally, Hightower only helps Beanie's cause, and both give each other value. As Arizona continues to develop their run game (which has become more and more apparent each week), both backs have done their share to carry the team. I would love to see Beanie and Hightower as a 1-2 punch with Beanie getting the ball slightly more. They both have skills and parts of their game that compliment each other. Beanie is a fast / agile back that finds holes and exploits them, great for long yardage and 1-2 downs. Hightower is a brute-force power back that softens D's and can pass-block, great for 3rd down's and goal lines. If Arizona uses both of them efficiently, we are going to see a team that has an incredible offense in all parts of the game.

Last night's game was a great example of how to use them. Unfortunately, Seattle made a great stop on the goal line against Hightower (something very rare when he's given the opportunity), but this is how I hope Arizona continues to use both backs, and how I think they will stay successful.

FWIW, I own Hightower and Beanie in 1 league, Hightower in another, and Beanie in another.

:doublethumbsup:

Squintz, do you think Beanie will see any of the GL carries (inside the 5) or will that remain exclusive to Tim H?

Hurting at RB2, just lost Westbrook and will be plugging in either Beanie or McCoy in a non PPR.

Would be nice to see Beanie get 15 touches with at least a piece of the GL pie going forward. With their

easy schedule and likelihood to be playing from ahead in most games I like his upside. Would rather

not have to rely on McCoy getting his touches in the Andy Reid 80/20 pass to run ratio offense.

Squintz, do you think Beanie will see any of the GL carries (inside the 5) or will that remain exclusive to Tim H?

Hurting at RB2, just lost Westbrook and will be plugging in either Beanie or McCoy in a non PPR.

Would be nice to see Beanie get 15 touches with at least a piece of the GL pie going forward. With their

easy schedule and likelihood to be playing from ahead in most games I like his upside. Would rather

not have to rely on McCoy getting his touches in the Andy Reid 80/20 pass to run ratio offense.

As of right now, it SEEMS they are very confident with Hightower on 5 and under. Yesterday was one of the only times I've seen him get stuffed (may have happened once or twice though). However, they have tried Wells on the goal line this season, but without success, and also in play-action situations. That doesn't mean he won't get another shot around the goal line. But I would trust Hightower to be their primary goal line back unless something happens to him. You have to remember, Hightower is also a very young back that seems to be having his role defined this season, and will only get better.

Also keep in mind, if Wells keeps running them in from the 10+, you won't see a need for a goal line back :wacko: