Sign in to follow this  
goat

? about stats changing

heres the situation. im in a tight points race with this other kid. heading into this week i was down 4.5 points. i noticed a post on this site about miamis D getting an extra sack. so i double checked my score. and cbs has not changed the stat.

long story short i check nfl.com and the stat is there so i post a message asking commish to change it. well now the kid who im in points race with is throwing a fit. saying espn didnt give the extra sack so why should we award it blah blah blah.

my case is that if its on nfl.com which is the official site for the nfl. then the sack happened and it should be awarded.

do i have a point here or should i just let it go?

again i know its only one point but this is a tight race and every point might count.

You have a point (in more ways than one). Don't let it go. CBS (ESPN?) is WRONG, and you've shown it to be wrong. I don't see how any rational adult could see it any other way.

My league uses a stat service (Fleaflicker), but the official scoring is from nfl.com. It's up to each individual owner to find discrepancies (which are usually discovered on boards like this). I always keep my own game scores with nfl.com to double check Fleaflicker, and sniff around during the week to find news of stat changes.

well stats won't be official until tuesday i believe so i wouldn't worry too much about it, and in my league we have a rule that we let the website do the scoring to prevent this stuff from happening

well stats won't be official until tuesday i believe so i wouldn't worry too much about it, and in my league we have a rule that we let the website do the scoring to prevent this stuff from happening

i am talking about week 10 not last nights game.

and we do let the website do the scoring. the website has it wrong.

there was already a post on this board about the change of score in the miami D...so apparently many other websites adjusted the stat. but cbs was not one of them. and therefore the problem i have.

i gotcha, but we specifically had a vote this year to either go with our host site's scoring (espn) ultimately or using nfl.com or something if there's a discrepancy. we decided whatever espn gives us, we take. after wutever happens in your league you should definitely bring the point up before the draft next year so there's a clearer picture should it happen again