Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

So next years first 12 picks are kinda obvious ...no?

My short(bus) list

1. CJ

2. AP

3. MJD

4. Rice

5. Brees

6.Deangelo

7. Turner

8. Gore

9. S Jax

10. Andre the Giant

11. Fitz

12. 3 way tie between Marshall/Benson/Capt. Quit

My early Top 12:

1. Chris Johnson (Ten - RB)
  2. Adrian Peterson (Min - RB)
  3. Maurice Jones-Drew (Jac - RB)
  4. Ray Rice (Bal - RB)
  5. Steven Jackson (StL - RB)
  6. DeAngelo Williams (Car - RB)
  7. Michael Turner (Atl - RB)
  8. Jamaal Charles (KC - RB)
  9. Frank Gore (SF - RB)
  10. Rashard Mendenhall (Pit - RB)
  11. Reggie Wayne (Ind - WR)
  12. Andre Johnson (Hou - WR)

Notes:

• The first 10 picks are workhorse backs. I see #1 as obvious, #2 and #3 as swappable, #4 and #5 as safe bets, and #6 thru #10 as all interchangeable. D-Will is the only guy who really has to look over his shoulder (Stewart) but he's still putting up Top 10 numbers and will be 27. Don't expect Willis McGahee to repeat his Leroy Hoard impersonation in 2010. Charles may be a surprise being listed but there's always that "unproven stud" that goes late in the first every year. I think he and Mendenhall fall into that category. They have tremendous upside and the job all to themselves.
  • Mendy ends the string of RB1's for me. Thomas Jones has been a stud this year, but he'll be 32 next year and thus will likely drop to the second round. Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams offset each other and become risky as RB1's. Cedric Benson, Ryan Grant, and Joseph Addai are high-end RB2's but I don't see them going in the first.
  • No quarterbacks in the first round. I see a lot of people picking Drew Brees there, but Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers are having seasons every bit as good as Brees. I see these three going in the second round, with a chance of Tom Brady joining this group with a strong finish to the season.
  • Wayne and Johnson are somewhat interchangeable. I went with Wayne as his numbers are better overall, but Johnson's close and he's done it with a better YAC. I see Larry Fitzgerald as a viable replacement for either guy. Brandon Marshall and Randy Moss make up the next tier. Could include Wes Welker if he raises his TD totals by the end of the season.
  • The Dallas Clark/Antonio Gates/Vernon Davis TE tier will likely show itself come Round 3. Round 2 will be dominated by the high-upside RB2's, the cream of the WR crop, and the aformentioned QB's.

I usually get the last laugh so it's all good. Keep on hatin', though, all that negativity is probably doing wonders for your overall health. :doublethumbsup:

no one believes this. you openly offer that people who meet you in real life laugh and wanna try to top somebody.

you are a weak bltch

My early Top 12:
  1. Chris Johnson (Ten - RB)
  2. Adrian Peterson (Min - RB)
  3. Maurice Jones-Drew (Jac - RB)
  4. Ray Rice (Bal - RB)
  5. Steven Jackson (StL - RB)
  6. DeAngelo Williams (Car - RB)
  7. Michael Turner (Atl - RB)
  8. Jamaal Charles (KC - RB)
  9. Frank Gore (SF - RB)
  10. Rashard Mendenhall (Pit - RB)
  11. Reggie Wayne (Ind - WR)
  12. Andre Johnson (Hou - WR)

Notes:

• The first 10 picks are workhorse backs. I see #1 as obvious, #2 and #3 as swappable, #4 and #5 as safe bets, and #6 thru #10 as all interchangeable. D-Will is the only guy who really has to look over his shoulder (Stewart) but he's still putting up Top 10 numbers and will be 27. Don't expect Willis McGahee to repeat his Leroy Hoard impersonation in 2010. Charles may be a surprise being listed but there's always that "unproven stud" that goes late in the first every year. I think he and Mendenhall fall into that category. They have tremendous upside and the job all to themselves.
  • Mendy ends the string of RB1's for me. Thomas Jones has been a stud this year, but he'll be 32 next year and thus will likely drop to the second round. Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams offset each other and become risky as RB1's. Cedric Benson, Ryan Grant, and Joseph Addai are high-end RB2's but I don't see them going in the first.
  • No quarterbacks in the first round. I see a lot of people picking Drew Brees there, but Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers are having seasons every bit as good as Brees. I see these three going in the second round, with a chance of Tom Brady joining this group with a strong finish to the season.
  • Wayne and Johnson are somewhat interchangeable. I went with Wayne as his numbers are better overall, but Johnson's close and he's done it with a better YAC. I see Larry Fitzgerald as a viable replacement for either guy. Brandon Marshall and Randy Moss make up the next tier. Could include Wes Welker if he raises his TD totals by the end of the season.
  • The Dallas Clark/Antonio Gates/Vernon Davis TE tier will likely show itself come Round 3. Round 2 will be dominated by the high-upside RB2's, the cream of the WR crop, and the aformentioned QB's.

I agree with pretty much all of this post. Was wondering where Jamaal Charles was at on a lot of these lists. I'm watching him right now and he just broke off a long TD run, the dude is legit. For KC he has scored a TD in 6 straight weeks, not to mention all the yards and catches hes racking up. Look at his numbers since hes got the job, he has to be considered.