Sign in to follow this  
Recidivist

Making amends to those I have harmed

As many of you may know, I've committed myself to sobriety - today is my 76th day without alcohol or drugs. I could not have achieved even 6 days without the aid of AA.

Part of the the 12 Step program of AA involves making a list of those you have harmed and then making direct amends to them.

I am not sure if I have harmed anyone here at the Geek Club, but I do know that I have probably offended many people by being condescending, cocky, insulting, inconsiderate, insincere, insensitive, sarcastic, etc.

I want to express my genuine remorse to anyone who I have harmed. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to specifically apologize to anyone who cares to recount an instance in which I have hurt, harmed or offended them by my words or deeds. Therefore, please post any such episode so that I might attempt to personally apologize.

TIA.

I can't remember if you hurt me or not.

I can't either. But if I have, please accept this, my written apology for any grief or trauma I may have occasioned upon you.

Good luck, and may your God go with you.

76 days without booze or drugs?

How are you typing from the grave? That is the only way I would go that long without them.

You never hurt me, we've actually always gotten along quite well B)

As many of you may know, I've committed myself to sobriety - today is my 76th day without alcohol or drugs. I could not have achieved even 6 days without the aid of AA.

Part of the the 12 Step program of AA involves making a list of those you have harmed and then making direct amends to them.

I am not sure if I have harmed anyone here at the Geek Club, but I do know that I have probably offended many people by being condescending, cocky, insulting, inconsiderate, insincere, insensitive, sarcastic, etc.

I want to express my genuine remorse to anyone who I have harmed. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to specifically apologize to anyone who cares to recount an instance in which I have hurt, harmed or offended them by my words or deeds. Therefore, please post any such episode so that I might attempt to personally apologize.

TIA.

Couldn't you just say three Hail Marys and an Our Father B)

76 days without booze or drugs?

How are you typing from the grave? That is the only way I would go that long without them.

You never hurt me, we've actually always gotten along quite well B)

I didn't think I could either, but then again, its not because of me so much as it is my Higher Power.

Thank you for your warm sentiments - the feeling is quite mutual.

I might have to get you a monogrammed triple ripple butt plug . . . purple is your preferred color right?

I just crossed you off my "people to kill" list.

ala Billy Madison

You're the second person who's told me that today. Its nice when someone cares enough to want to kill you B)

Be well, friend.

Couldn't you just say three Hail Marys and an Our Father B)

Not quite. The priest I consulted suggested some additional forms of penance that I don't think are actually endorsed by Scripture. Also, such activity is referred to as 13th Stepping and as such, is not advisable for someone who is in the early stages of recovery.

and my name is Earl

I'm on day 2 and it sucks

It gets better . . . one day at a time wasn't just a great TV show . . . it is a way of life B)

One of the few people here that haven't pissed me off at one point or another. Good luck with your journey dude. :thumbsup:

with a handle like Recidivist, aren't you pretty likely to be "condescending, cocky, insulting, inconsiderate, insincere, insensitive, sarcastic, etc." again? :thumbsup:

congrats on 76 days...

You offended and harmed me by typing this:

I didn't think I could either, but then again, its not because of me so much as it is my Higher Power.

Your continued sobriety has nothing to do with a higher power, it has to do with you wanting to quit bad enough that you finally took the steps to do it.

Whether there is a higher power or not, YOU did this.

Thank your higher power all you want for creating you or whatever, but your god didn't make you quit.

Unless by higher power you are referring to your weiner...That little focker seems to control everything in our lives. :thumbsup:

One of the few people here that haven't pissed me off at one point or another. Good luck with your journey dude. :thumbsup:

Thanks. In all candor, I almost posted a snide comment about your haircut in the pic post thread. I apologize for thinking the unkind thoughts that I ultimately did not post. Take care bro.

I hate this step. :lol:

Where the heck is that Rum Raisin ice cream? (climbs into case)

All right, all right. I'm sorry. I'm very, very sorry. I'm so sorry that I didn't want your rather bulbous head struggling to find its way through the normal-size neck hole of my finely knit sweater. :thumbsup:

Stuff all your sorrys in a sack, mister! :wave:

At this point, I'm checking into getting one of those roll-off dumpsters delivered to my driveway - I guess I'll put yours there when it arrives :thumbsup: :lol: :banana:

with a handle like Recidivist, aren't you pretty likely to be "condescending, cocky, insulting, inconsiderate, insincere, insensitive, sarcastic, etc." again? :lol:

congrats on 76 days...

That's where the safe money is, but I can still try though :thumbsup:

Thanks!

I hate this step. :lol:

Where the heck is that Rum Raisin ice cream? (climbs into case)

Me too. I thought the step of making a thorough and fearless moral inventory would be bad, but this one is going to take awhile, perhaps the rest of my days.

Enjoy your ice cream :thumbsup:

Your continued sobriety has nothing to do with a higher power, it has to do with you wanting to quit bad enough that you finally took the steps to do it.

Thank your higher power all you want for creating you or whatever, but your god didn't make you quit.

Unless by higher power you are referring to your weiner...That little focker seems to control everything in our lives. :blink:

Sorry for the offense, but we can agree to disagree.

I actually owe you an apology for setting you straight about Kip Winger . . . it was sort of like telling a kid there is no Santa Claus. Sorry.

Thanks. In all candor, I almost posted a snide comment about your haircut in the pic post thread. I apologize for thinking the unkind thoughts that I ultimately did not post. Take care bro.

Oh hell, make fun of me for anything you want. It's stupidity and douchebaggery that piss me off here. You exhibit neither, even on topics in which we differ. Now stop being a fagg0t and go make your snide comment. :blink:

Take this focking thread to the FBG's forum. It has no place here!!!!

:blink:

I got not quarrels with you dude, except for you being sober.  I hate sober people.

You have really pixxed me off with your quitter attitude........nobody likes a quitter. :blink:

Good luck in your sobriety.......I couldn't do it.

Unless by higher power you are referring to your weiner...That little focker seems to control everything in our lives. :overhead:

Spoken like a person with no faith. I feel for you. That's a lonely world.

I try to keep everything that happens here in perspective; so no one has hurt me because I realize few posters, or no one who post has a clue who I am. I think it is nice of you to ask if you have harmed anyone, and I also respect that it is part of a necessary recover process to ask the question.

I would advise that you need to do everything you can to stabilize yourself on the front end of your recovery and realize that there are many people walking the streets that are worse off than you ever were that never even realize they need to start a recovery process. The knowledge that you need to recover is quite a gift, is it not? Without that insight what have you got?

I wish you peace, my brother. :wave:

Stuff all your sorrys in a sack, mister! :thumbsup:

the apology

was a seinfeld episode. wasnt it something to do with george wanting an apology for not being allowed to wear the AA guys's sweater?

the AA guy apologized to everyone except george.

Unless by higher power you are referring to your weiner...That little focker seems to control everything in our lives. :wall:

I was hoping a higher power could help you in COD. you have been sucking big time. :thumbsup:

I had a 10 day stretch of sucking, now people just run infront of my bullets :dunno:

For I, you have not harmed. However what about thee:

• Person at ATM whom you called out to fist fight
  • White DJ panhandler from Miami whom you embarrased and yelled at
  • African-American whom you had a traffic dispute with
  • Your cat. Lord knows what it's been through

And most importantly, this Mexican Restaurant Owner whom you yelled: "You live in filth!". Have you apologized to her as of yet?

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...idivist+Mexican

I try to keep everything that happens here in perspective; so no one has hurt me because I realize few posters, or no one who post has a clue who I am. I think it is nice of you to ask if you have harmed anyone, and I also respect that it is part of a necessary recover process to ask the question.

I would advise that you need to do everything you can to stabilize yourself on the front end of your recovery and realize that there are many people walking the streets that are worse off than you ever were that never even realize they need to start a recovery process. The knowledge that you need to recover is quite a gift, is it not? Without that insight what have you got?

I wish you peace, my brother. :thumbsup:

I concur . . . thanks BiPolar.

At 76 days you are way too soon in the process to be at the apologize step.

And you have hurt me in the past in a way only $100 could recitify.

For I, you have not harmed. However what about thee:
  • Person at ATM whom you called out to fist fight
  • White DJ panhandler from Miami whom you embarrased and yelled at
  • African-American whom you had a traffic dispute with
  • Your cat. Lord knows what it's been through

And most importantly, this Mexican Restaurant Owner whom you yelled: "You live in filth!". Have you apologized to her as of yet?

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...idivist+Mexican

I'm pretty sure we've never had an issue KSB. As for those you have mentioned:

-there were actually multiple people at the ATM - it was a drive-up ATM and I was alleged to have threatened the four motorists who accumulated behind me while I was engaged in a heated argument (which turned physical) with the ATM after it ate my card; I am not sure I want to revisit these folks - for now I ask God for forgiveness;

-I have no way of contacting the white DJ - I doubt he actually worked where he claimed he did; again I will rely on God for forgiveness here;

-the above applies for the motorist;

-my cat and I are cool; despite my condition, I was always faithful in tending to his needs; I'm sure he's cool with me as he sleeps next to me every nite in bed;

-I haven't considered the proprietor of Dos; I will have to give this some thought.

As always, thanks for your kind words KSB :thumbsup:

Not really for you (or anyone, for that matter) to judge.

I have heard that it takes quite a while to get to that step.

I wish him only the best in his sobriety. Seriously.

Sorry for the offense, but we can agree to disagree.

I actually owe you an apology for setting you straight about Kip Winger . . . it was sort of like telling a kid there is no Santa Claus. Sorry.

Yea..You were right about Kip. :nono:

Reb Beech still rocks, though.

I've been sober a lot longer than Recidivist, and I could give two shiots whether I pissed any of you fockers off.

Now fock off and die, all of you, even the ones I like!

:nono: