Sign in to follow this  
Joey Gladstone

Seahawks fans

Link

The Buffalo Bills will be entertaining offers for former Pro Bowl running back Marshawn Lynch(notes) heading into next week’s NFL draft, multiple sources have told Yahoo! Sports.

While the Bills have not been actively shopping Lynch around the league, two sources in contact with the Bills said Buffalo would be open to moving him if a package included a second-round pick. And though no dialogue has taken place between the Bills and potential suitors, the aforementioned sources say the Seattle Seahawks, who hold the 28th pick in the second round (60th overall), have had internal discussions about acquiring Lynch.

The match would seem to be a comfortable fit: Seahawks coach Pete Carroll is familiar with Lynch after facing him three times while coaching USC, and Lynch’s best friend – former Cal teammate Justin Forsett(notes) – carries a portion of the load in the Seattle backfield. In addition, the new Seattle regime apparently isn’t sold on current starter Julius Jones(notes) as the long-term answer in the backfield.

A two-time 1,000-yard rusher, Lynch has favored a trade out of Buffalo since losing his starting role to Fred Jackson(notes) last season. Lynch was suspended the first three games of the 2009 season for violating the league’s personal conduct policy, stemming from a guilty plea for a misdemeanor gun charge. After losing his starting role last season, the 2007 first-round pick has failed to show up for offseason workouts with the Bills. However, he isn’t subject to fines by the team until he misses a mandatory event, and the Bills won’t hold their mandatory offseason mini camp until June 23-25.

This would be strike 3 for me - Hawks better not do a trade for Lynch!

He's not even the best RB on that team. And if you were worried about Marshall's past, then the same issues are here with this guy.

NO THANKS

If we get a RB - It should be Spiller!

Round and round we go. :pointstosky:

While the Whitehurst deal limited our flexibility, the other side of the argument is that we then would have spent the #6 pick on Claussen. Any doubt that would have been the fall out of not trading for Whtiehurst? So, then you spend arguably your first round picks on Claussen and Marshall. Does this make the team any better than spending both 1st round picks on other positions? I don't know.

They gave up too much for Whitehurst. If they gave up too much for Marshall too, it would have been a disaster in my eyes. They would be the retarded front office in the league, and would never be able to deal with any other team without being pitched a bad offer and constantly being tried to be swindled.

Sadly, if Miami doesn't step up, we aren't considering any of this. Denver probably accepts our offer. And I do understand the frustration of not landing Marshall. That's the way I typically felt on draft day during the Ruskell years.

I'd take Claussen & Marshall in a second over Whitehurst and say Bulaga/Williams

PLUS - We would still have a super high 2nd round pick and we would still have a 3rd round pick next year.

(You go Oline with the 2nd if you want)

You just made my case in my view

I have a ton of more hope for Clausen being a potential franchise QB then I do for Whitehurst. I still feel like we need to draft one at this point cause I don't think Whitehurst is our future at 28-29 years old and has shown me nothing.

Everybody is down on Clausen it seems - But when I look at the film and do the math I see a great QB. And to me he looks better then Bradford. Anyway, Ya I'll take Clausen over Whitehurst. (Marshall over a rookie is easy) (Plus picks we lost)

Hawks thought Clausen would be gone I think - Another failed evaluation in my eyes!!!!!

Seattle was my 'AFC' team until then got hosed into the NFC... So I still like to keep tabs on the team in the great northwest

Yuck!

Reggie Williams, WR JAC

News: Former Jaguars WR Reggie Williams has signed with the Seahawks according to the Tacoma News Tribune. Williams was one of several players who had a tryout with the 'Hawks this week at their pre-draft minicamp. Terms of the deal haven't been revealed.

Seattle was my 'AFC' team until then got hosed into the NFC... So I still like to keep tabs on the team in the great northwest

Yuck!

Reggie Williams, WR JAC

News: Former Jaguars WR Reggie Williams has signed with the Seahawks according to the Tacoma News Tribune. Williams was one of several players who had a tryout with the 'Hawks this week at their pre-draft minicamp. Terms of the deal haven't been revealed.

Mike Williams actually looked great after a couple days of OTA's. So they signed him.

However I have heard nothing about Reggie Williams so far. So if he's looked good, it's been kept quiet.

Round and round we go. :thumbsup:

While the Whitehurst deal limited our flexibility, the other side of the argument is that we then would have spent the #6 pick on Claussen. Any doubt that would have been the fall out of not trading for Whtiehurst? So, then you spend arguably your first round picks on Claussen and Marshall. Does this make the team any better than spending both 1st round picks on other positions? I don't know.

They gave up too much for Whitehurst. If they gave up too much for Marshall too, it would have been a disaster in my eyes. They would be the retarded front office in the league, and would never be able to deal with any other team without being pitched a bad offer and constantly being tried to be swindled.

Sadly, if Miami doesn't step up, we aren't considering any of this. Denver probably accepts our offer. And I do understand the frustration of not landing Marshall. That's the way I typically felt on draft day during the Ruskell years.

so Seattle thinks Whitehurst = Claussen??

also the fallout from trading for Whitehurst was the drop in 2nd round pick. With their original 2nd rounder, Seattle would have had a more attractive package for Marshall than Miami did, especially if you project next years second (Seattles will most likely be higher again). Meaning Seattle may have been able to keep that 14th overall pick.

Then you have Marshall and can select Claussen if you want along with a left tackle. But I don't buy them selecting Claussen because they don't trade for Whitehurst.

A few random thoughts:

I figured Carroll would bring in a few ex-USC guys, so the Mike Williams signing hasn't surprised me. Camp fodder.

Reggie Williams is a little intriguing. He's from the Seattle area. Decent depth. He can recreate burning Trufant annually in the Apple Cup in practice every day.

If we draft Taylor Mays Im going to break my hand punching the wall, and will have lost all faith in the current regime.

Lynch does nothing for me. Unless we pick up somebody dirt cheap, I only want to see running backs added through the draft. This team has too many holes and is too far away to be investing much capital in a position with such a short shelf-life. I think Lynch has Downs Syndrome anyways.

Im still depressed about not landing Marshall. :thumbsdown:

I'm also a little sad about losing out on Marshall...*sigh*...

Should the Hawks make a play for Lendale White? Reunite him with Carroll...maybe one of our 4th round picks? White was very productive but kinda' got lost under Chris Johnson's monster season.

Also, why does every Hawk fan hate Taylor Mays so much? Was his play this past season that bad (I didn't watch...). There was so much praise for him the previous year...

Should the Hawks make a play for Lendale White? Reunite him with Carroll...maybe one of our 4th round picks? White was very productive but kinda' got lost under Chris Johnson's monster season.

Also, why does every Hawk fan hate Taylor Mays so much? Was his play this past season that bad (I didn't watch...). There was so much praise for him the previous year...

Mays can hit, but he's not a cover guy at all. He'll be a bigger Hamlin at best.

I'd rather invest a 4th round pick (or later) on a RB with a little more upside.

I don't want L. White!!! :thumbsup: Yet - I could see that happening too if Carroll is going to be picking "his" former guy's.

I hate when coaches do that.

If we want a RB - Then we should be getting Spiller. He's the next closest thing to 4.24 or Westbrook, I'm telling you. Also, he will serve us as a great retuner when needed, which is another huge need on our team.

Do you know Westy was drafted as a kick returner? Spiller can run inside - Don't bye into that hype that he can't.

He's had a better college carear then 4.24.

We need a young back anyway - Not somebody's has been. And with our line - No slow guy's will work. We need outside speed and playmakers.

Mayes is the 3rd best Safety with lousy stats - Not a great coverage guy - USC product/system - He should be a late 20's pick, and not where we are picking.

Also, I will feel that Carroll has "no" scouting ability if he just settles on guy's he knows. We should be out scouting talent he does not know that are better. Basically - It's like taking the easy and familiar road. And T. Mayes is not worth that easy road.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2010/4/14/142257...-for-seattle-is

Good article that puts the whole Marshall thing into perspective. We need resources to develop our "core". Starting your rebuilding with a stud WR isn't the smartest thing to do (see Detroit and Calvin Johnson). We hung around to see if we could steal him for cheap and walked away when somebody else was willing to pay Denver's asking price.

That being said, it's still disappointing that I wont get to watch him make plays in a Seattle uniform. I've had him on my fantasy team the past 3 years (he was a big reason I won our championship in 2007). Living out west I'm forced to watch a lot of Bronco games and the guy is just a WOW player. If Carroll focks up this draft the team will be screwed for years....ROYALLY screwed.

The casual fan and the smart fan in me will be going rounds on this for months :dunno: :music_guitarred:

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2010/4/14/142257...-for-seattle-is

Good article that puts the whole Marshall thing into perspective. We need resources to develop our "core". Starting your rebuilding with a stud WR isn't the smartest thing to do (see Detroit and Calvin Johnson). We hung around to see if we could steal him for cheap and walked away when somebody else was willing to pay Denver's asking price.

That being said, it's still disappointing that I wont get to watch him make plays in a Seattle uniform. I've had him on my fantasy team the past 3 years (he was a big reason I won our championship in 2007). Living out west I'm forced to watch a lot of Bronco games and the guy is just a WOW player. If Carroll focks up this draft the team will be screwed for years....ROYALLY screwed.

The casual fan and the smart fan in me will be going rounds on this for months :( :wacko:

I don't agree with that article at all..... didn't seem to stop them from loosing valuable picks for Whitehurst who's older then Marshall.

We have plenty of picks to rebuild our team still and giving up 1 pick such as #14 is just 1 player. Marshall helps everybody be better, rookies included.

And now Carroll is left with nothing but the draft to help him succeed. Good luck with that!

You need some Veteran talent or playmakers on your team.

You guy's really think a draft is going to instantley make success? Or 1 rookie is better then having Marshall? You're not giving your entire draft up for Marshall.

Some picks will work out and some won't - Hopefully more will for our future. But picks work out better when there is some tallent around the team to lead them.

I'm sick of Seattle trying to justify the Marshall loss. It was not the right decision.

Every team in our Div is NOW happy we didn't land Marshall. Doesn't that tell you something? And every team in the East is now saying it sucks that Miami has Marshall.

26 is a build around guy.... And you might be surprised by Detroit soon. I'd rather have Detroit then our team. They've got pieces in place at the skill positions. Something we should be trying to do.

TJ is just a waist now - He'll be gone by the time these rookies ever pan out - Hass has no shot and he'll be gone. That means 3+ bad years now.

Marshall instantley gives you a shot and still allows you to rebuild with him.

Add in a few good rookies at key spots and all of a sudden your team looks allot better and competes in the near future. Def is off the field so they look better.

We are in a 5 year plan now is what I'm seeing. And that's IF Whitehurst pans out and these 2 first round picks.

Marshall could have cut it down to 2-3 and a whole lot more instant success. Even if we miss on some draft picks.

A good draft probably wont get us in the playoffs this year, but could set us up to be awesome in 3 years. I'd take that over the couple extra wins Marshall could have provided.

I get your points Hawkfin, but for my own sanity I need to look at this with my optimistic homer shades on. Until Carroll/Scheider butcher the draft Im going to stay positive. :wacko:

A good draft probably wont get us in the playoffs this year, but could set us up to be awesome in 3 years. I'd take that over the couple extra wins Marshall could have provided.

I get your points Hawkfin, but for my own sanity I need to look at this with my optimistic homer shades on. Until Carroll/Scheider butcher the draft Im going to stay positive. :wacko:

my thoughts exactly

Hawkfin is dead on. There is really no way for Seattle fans to justify making that trade for Whitehurst and killing a chance at Marshall.

Picking Mays would have to happen at 14 and that would be a reach for the next Roy Williams. But the fear has to be the USC ties.

trading for a career backup QB, whiffing on Marshall... if they reach for Mays... :thumbsdown:

I get your points Hawkfin, but for my own sanity I need to look at this with my optimistic homer shades on. Until Carroll/Scheider butcher the draft Im going to stay positive. :unsure:

VERY optimistic homer shades on. :thumbsdown: ;)

The draft will appear butchered worse then you think cause these rookies won't show that much. See Curry/Ugger.

One draft will not help: QB, RB, WR#1, WR#3, Bunch of OLine, Corners, Safety's, DE's and DT's, And Special Teams.

And probably WR #2 by the time you have some of these filled - And Good luck getting all your draft picks to work out.

This will take a long long LONG time if you plan to shore up all these things with rookies. And will these rookies pan out or have a winning attitude when they are on a bad loosing team with no talent or leaders helping them out?

I think Curry is a good player - But with the lack of talent around he sucked. Of course he was used wrong too.

Marshall would have been a instant tallent for the offense.

In the mean time of rebuilding, they could have stayed competative with Marshall and keep Carroll's job and make us fan's enjoy the games. They would have been allot closer. And however we drafted - Marshall is a added bonus to that and makes us that much closer.

(And still you're only talking 1 pick for Marshall, while you build around him & TJ & Carelson)

This is why I want Spiller - He's the ONLY thing that could give us a quick fix and he could fill 3 needs or carry us like 4.24 does.

However, my dream was to add Marshall with him. Then you are looking good and dangerous.

We look like a 1-15 team right now. We lost to TB last year. I feel sorry for Hass.

My homer glasses say we are in for a long run of loosing season's unless we find some playmaker somewhere in the near future.

And I don't know what you ever expect to find that is better then Marshall at his age.

I thought I was done talking about Marshall... :argue:

hahahahah - Ok, Now I'm done.

Go Mariners! ;) ah i mean Hawks.

I get your points Hawkfin, but for my own sanity I need to look at this with my optimistic homer shades on. Until Carroll/Scheider butcher the draft Im going to stay positive. :thumbsdown:

Marshall would have been way more to the team than just a few extra wins this year. See all my posts on this matter. He is 26 years old, 6-7 years of prime production left. If you don't plan to compete in that span of time, time to find a new team. He is also the kind of established guy that QB's want to throw to. He has never caused problems with his own QB, so even poor attitude doesn't factor in there. Any future free agent QB or QB looking to be traded might perk up at the mention of Seattle if they had B-Marsh in place and a stud LT drafted 6th overall this year.

VERY optimistic homer shades on.

The draft will appear butchered worse then you think cause these rookies won't show that much. See Curry/Ugger.

One draft will not help: QB, RB, WR#1, WR#3, Bunch of OLine, Corners, Safety's, DE's and DT's, And Special Teams.

And probably WR #2 by the time you have some of these filled - And Good luck getting all your draft picks to work out.

This will take a long long LONG time if you plan to shore up all these things with rookies. And will these rookies pan out or have a winning attitude when they are on a bad loosing team with no talent or leaders helping them out?

I think Curry is a good player - But with the lack of talent around he sucked. Of course he was used wrong too.

Marshall would have been a instant tallent for the offense.

In the mean time of rebuilding, they could have stayed competative with Marshall and keep Carroll's job and make us fan's enjoy the games. They would have been allot closer. And however we drafted - Marshall is a added bonus to that and makes us that much closer.

(And still you're only talking 1 pick for Marshall, while you build around him & TJ & Carelson)

This is why I want Spiller - He's the ONLY thing that could give us a quick fix and he could fill 3 needs or carry us like 4.24 does.

However, my dream was to add Marshall with him. Then you are looking good and dangerous.

We look like a 1-15 team right now. We lost to TB last year. I feel sorry for Hass.

My homer glasses say we are in for a long run of loosing season's unless we find some playmaker somewhere in the near future.

And I don't know what you ever expect to find that is better then Marshall at his age.

I thought I was done talking about Marshall... :thumbsdown:

hahahahah - Ok, Now I'm done.

Go Mariners! ;) ah i mean Hawks.

On top of everything else you have to end it by mentioning the destined-to-be-last-place Mariners. Why dont you just mention that Kevin Durant is already the 3rd best player in the NBA and the former Sonics are the envy of the league? :unsure:

Time to get drunk :argue:

On top of everything else you have to end it by mentioning the destined-to-be-last-place Mariners. Why dont you just mention that Kevin Durant is already the 3rd best player in the NBA and the former Sonics are the envy of the league? :argue:

Time to get drunk ;)

;) - hahaha

I was just thinking about Durant today too and his scoring title. :unsure:

I think Mariners are going in the right direction actually - Made some good moves this year - Still early.

See what happens when we get C. Lee back. That was a huge piece.

I like our managment system in place!

It is time to get drunk though. :thumbsdown:

;) - hahaha

I was just thinking about Durant today too and his scoring title. :argue:

I think Mariners are going in the right direction actually - Made some good moves this year - Still early.

See what happens when we get C. Lee back. That was a huge piece.

I like our managment system in place!

It is time to get drunk though. :unsure:

Dont forget Bedard too, hopefully he can give us at least half a season. The guy is ace-quality when he's healthy. Long-term I love what the M's are doing but all the preseason talk of them taking the AL-West was very premature. Angels are always the smart pick, Texas has a mean lineup and sneaky-good pitching, and the A's have one of the best young rotations in all of baseball.

Stern owes the city of Seattle BIG TIME! Pushing Chris Paul and the Hornets our way would be a good way to start making ammends.

:thumbsdown:

It's OK. You can still cheer for Durant and the Thunder. Of course my Lakers are gonna woop 'em starting this weekend. :music_guitarred:

It's OK. You can still cheer for Durant and the Thunder. Of course my Lakers are gonna woop 'em starting this weekend. :music_guitarred:

Let me guess, you're a Yankees fan too? :rolleyes:

Let me guess, you're a Yankees fan too? :music_guitarred:

Nah, Kansas City Royals :rolleyes:

I'm a Detroit Red Wings fan too.

And Nebraska Cornhuskers Football.

Marshall would have been way more to the team than just a few extra wins this year. See all my posts on this matter. He is 26 years old, 6-7 years of prime production left. If you don't plan to compete in that span of time, time to find a new team. He is also the kind of established guy that QB's want to throw to. He has never caused problems with his own QB, so even poor attitude doesn't factor in there. Any future free agent QB or QB looking to be traded might perk up at the mention of Seattle if they had B-Marsh in place and a stud LT drafted 6th overall this year.

I love these non Seahawk fans who think the Hawks, with a ton of wholes to fill, should have just gone all in on a WR with one strike left before he's banned from the league. Too fockin funny. So easy to just mortgage the future when it's not your team.

I love these non Seahawk fans who think the Hawks, with a ton of wholes to fill, should have just gone all in on a WR with one strike left before he's banned from the league. Too fockin funny. So easy to just mortgage the future when it's not your team.

Good to see you back around these parts :music_guitarred:

Mortgage the future? you must be smoking crack.

i really dont want to repeat myself so check out the post I made for Lackman comparing what the Jets have done in recent years to what the Seahawks could have done for Marshall.

simply put, trading 2 second rounders is akin to trading up and drafting the player you want... only in this case, the drafted player is a proven stud named Brandon Marshall.

2 2nd rounders for 1 proven star is not mortgaging the future. Not by a long shot.

If you want to pretend it was a good move on the basis of his off field issues (hasn't had a legal problem in a while now), well good for you :music_guitarred:

Mortgage the future? you must be smoking crack.

i really dont want to repeat myself so check out the post I made for Lackman comparing what the Jets have done in recent years to what the Seahawks could have done for Marshall.

simply put, trading 2 second rounders is akin to trading up and drafting the player you want... only in this case, the drafted player is a proven stud named Brandon Marshall.

2 2nd rounders for 1 proven star is not mortgaging the future. Not by a long shot.

If you want to pretend it was a good move on the basis of his off field issues (hasn't had a legal problem in a while now), well good for you :music_guitarred:

It's hard to step away. It's hard to look across the table and see something you want so, so much and step away, but Seattle did, and I commend them for it. Miami has traded its second round pick in 2010 and second round pick in 2011 for Brandon Marshall. Miami is consolidating a core around its young talent, left tackle, quarterback, cornerback, and have traded for Marshall to help push a near-contender over the top towards contention. Great. Great for Miami. I cannot fault the move from their perspective, though the price is very steep. For Seattle, this would have been a mistake.

Two second round picks is not as valuable as a single first. It is, rather, much more valuable. The draft is fluid. In a good enough draft, the talent found at the end of the first and throughout much of the second is nearly identical. In fact, even in a typical draft, two common second round picks, say the 43rd the Dolphins have already given and a 52nd in 2011, should they improve significantly next year, is worth 49 points. 49 points is equivalent to the seventh overall pick. And that, mind you, does not account for the difference in salary. Two second round picks cost less than a seventh overall pick, cost much less than Brandon Marshall. Add in age and liability - character, injury, suspension - and Miami has made a major investment with major downside.

Seattle needs those valuable middle round picks, a 60 this year, something lower next, to push this team, not over the top, but out of its grave. It needs youth. Marshall is young for sure, but 26 is still 26, and 26 is a lot older than 21 or 22. It needs cheap depth. It needs what Miami needed years ago but has since developed: a quarterback, a left tackle, a corner, a core.

This is great news for Seahawks fans. We didn't get the pipe dream deal many of us longed for, but we also avoided mortgaging youth and potential for a supposed sure thing. Seattle can now take the resources they would have otherwise invested in Marshall and draft two cheaper players, with two pairs of knees, two affordable contracts, and that can fill two positions of need.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/stories/2

End of story. Let the rebuild begin!

LMAO!

that article random blog is trying to justify the Hawks not landing Marshall by saying he is a better fit for the Dolphins. What kind of fit Marshall is for the fins, has no bearing on what he would have brought to the table for Seattle. Thats comedic gold.

Had the Hawks not traded for Whitehurst and had a better package of 2nd rounders for Marshall, they could have used the 6th and 14th picks this year in a number of ways to fill the exact key positions that author lists at the end of the part you quoted. franchise QB, LT, Corner.

Marshall + Claussen? + LT at 14?

Marshall + LT at 6? + Joe Haden? + QB in 2011?

Brandon Marshall = proven talent. 2 2nd round picks = a few years to even tell if they pan out. good luck.

LMAO!

that article random blog is trying to justify the Hawks not landing Marshall by saying he is a better fit for the Dolphins. What kind of fit Marshall is for the fins, has no bearing on what he would have brought to the table for Seattle. Thats comedic gold.

Had the Hawks not traded for Whitehurst and had a better package of 2nd rounders for Marshall, they could have used the 6th and 14th picks this year in a number of ways to fill the exact key positions that author lists at the end of the part you quoted. franchise QB, LT, Corner.

Brandon Marshall = proven talent. 2 2nd round picks = a few years to even tell if they pan out. good luck.

Fock Clausen. I've been lukewarm on every decision the new regime has made this offseason, but the fact that Carroll and company seem to be recognizing Jimmy Clausen isnt a wise investment is encouraging. Carroll recruited him and played him every year, he knows the guy. He knows his skills and attitude wont transfer to the pros. If Whitehurst can play, his trade was a smashing success and worth not landing Marshall. As good as Marshall is, getting a capable QB is more important.

You've made valid arguments about Marshall's skillset and age being worth the escalated cost, but when you start suggesting the next failed ND QB with the 6th pick (and the corresponding salary that entails RIGHT before a rookie salary cap gets implemented) you totally lose me. Waiting until 2011 to bring in a QB isn't an option either, its time to test somebody out this year. I keep hearing that not getting Marshall has crippled the amount of time it will take to rebuild, but doesn't the same hold true by not doing anything at the position, using a high pick on a bust, or bringing in some sh!tty stopgap like Derek Anderson?

The guys running the show like what they have seen in Whitehurst. Since we've all seen little if anything of the guy, we really can't argue against him until we see him on the field. It's a flat out ballsy risk, and if it works, then the hell with Marshall and his attitude. Careers are defined (and derailed) on risks like this.

And just to keep rambling on, the more I think about it, the more I wonder how gambling on Whitehurst is any crazier then dropping two 2nd rounders on Marshall and making him the highest paid WR in the league. BM has been a dramatic distraction for the past 3 years now. Of course he's been saying the right things lately, he wanted to get out of Denver and get PAID. He got PAID...but does his recent history show any indication that he's growing up?!? He didn't like his situation, and got EXACTLY what he wanted by acting like a whiny, unprofessional little b!tch. What exactly has he learned? Who's to say he wont fall back into his same behavior in Seattle or Miami? Three 2009 playoff teams decided to go with Antonio Bryant, Santonio Holmes and Anquan Boldin (whos played an entire season twice in 7 years) over him.

No, I'm not panicking. At least not until after the draft. I'm done with the whole Marshall thing.

LMAO!

I love how some Jet fan knows exactly what the Seahawks should have done, knows exactly what the Broncos would have taken from the Hawks for Marshall, calls John Morgan over at Field Gulls some "random fan with a blog" yet only provides his opinions to trash and bash the Hawks and their offseason moves. And when Hawk fans, with informed opinions, disagree with his OPINION he tells us we're wrong and just trying to "justify" what the Hawks did. The Hawks aren't going to win next year; the Hawks are not going to win two years from now. This team needs resources to bring in cornerstone peices so they can get back to major contention three years from now. The cupboard is bare in Seattle. I'm sorry but WRs are not cornerstone peices, especially WRs one strike away from a permanent ban. Yes Marshall is a proven talent but he is most certainly a better fit for the Dolphins because they are ready to move to the next level this year. The Hawks made the right move whether you think so or not.

I'm tired of the squabbling. Let's look back at the past. The first of a series of walks down memory lane.

2006 Seattle Seahawks draft thread

1 31(31) Kelly Jennings CB Miami (FL)

2 31(63) Darryl Tapp DE Virginia Tech

4 31(128) Rob Sims OG Ohio State

5 30(163) David Kirtman FB USC

7 31(239) Ryan Plackemeier P Wake Forest

7 41(249) Ben Obomanu WR Auburn

Highlights...

My day 1 predictions.

RD.1 Kelly Jennings or Richard Marshall

RD.2 Darryl Tapp

Let the party begin.

The perfect prediction.

Eh. I had Kelly Jennings as the fourth best CB on the board. I don't hate the pick, as it fills a need, but Jimmy Williams was by far a better player on the board.

Why does Retard Ruskell insist on reaching for players. Trade down, you mouth breathing ape-like fluke worm. Get value for your stupid hunches. No one is impressed when you pick a player sooner than he should go. You want a high five? Here, here it is :highfive:. Now do the right thing, and get value with your picks, you mongoloid.

I hate this front office. Die. Die. Die.

AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!&&%#@$%*(^$$

Verdict: Jennings is a nickle back at best. Bad pick. As a side note, Jimmy Williams had drug issues and dropped out of the league.

OK. Kopy's guy Tapp is now our draft pick. Which was the top rated DE on my board. Fine. But if you are going to pick V Tech players, why not take Jimmy Williams...

Fine. Defensive line is a need, and I have been promoting a pick at Defensive line for two years now. So I cant' b1tch about this pick as much as I want to..

It was an OK pick.

Even though I wanted Ko Simpson at FS. But it was an OK pick.

I don't have as much to complain about this year.

Tapp was an alright player, undersized, semi-productive, got traded this offseason to the Eagles. Meh. Ko Simpson has spent most of this career on injured reserve.

We are nearly on the clock. Best players available...

CB DeMario Minter

FS Pat Watkins

DT Babatunde Oshinowo

DT Rod Wright

DE Mark Anderson

and the offensive linemen in previous post

Seattle is on the clock....let's go to commercial.

....and for the first time in two years, Seattle was on the same page as me...

128 Seattle - Rob Sims, OG Ohio State

Sims was traded this offseason to Detroit for a 5th round pick. He pretty much sucked.

5.31 Seattle - David Kirtman, FB USC

Well, other than having 100 players ranked ahead of this turd, it was a fine pick. :lol:

I know they are trying to find a replacement for Mack Strong, but they keep throwing away picks on FB every draft.

Journeyman practice squad resident around the league.

Yeah, if only we could have back all the picks wasted on fullbacks the past 10 years...and the two good ones we've had (Weaver and Evans) we let walk.

2007 Seattle Seahawks draft thread

2 23 (55) Josh Wilson CB Maryland

3 21 (85) Brandon Mebane DT California

4 21 (120) Baraka Atkins DT Miami (FL)

4 25 (124) Mansfield Wrotto G Georgia Tech

5 24 (161) Will Herring LB Auburn University

6 23 (197) Courtney Taylor WR Auburn

6* 36 (210) Jordan Kent WR Oregon

7 22 (232) Steve Vallos G Wake Forest

* - Compensatory pick

Josh Wilson, CB, Maryland. 5-9, 185.

Nice value pick. I had him ranked at #50. He was one of the three corners I like at this spot, with Marcus McCauley a little ahead of him.

Very fast. Can return kicks. I like this pick. :headbanger:

Wilson is a starter, but one that I think needs to be replaced. He makes some big plays, but makes a lot of mistakes.

3rd round. Brandon Mebane, DT, California; 6-3, 305.

Big guy to plug up the middle. Seems to have some athleticism, as he is listed as DL, so might be a tweener. I had him ranked in the 90's on my sheet, so not a reach.

A starter by default. One of the reasons we would love for a DT to fall to us at #6 this year.

I'm thinking Allison the WR with pick, or a value LB, Alexander, Biler, Shaw, Blades.

With the next 4th rounder, take a need area. Reach for an offensive lineman or TE.

Baraka Atkins, DE, Miami

Had him about #100 on my sheet. Not bad.

He played for the Hurricanes, so he is quick. We needed help at DE, with Wistrom gone. Not too bad.

Pick again in a few minutes.

Bust and released.

They go Beekman, Allison, or LB.

Mansfield Wrotto, OG, Georgia Tech. 6-3, 310

Well, they took an offensive lineman. Problem is that I have him #160 on my sheet. While I don't mind taking a lineman here, this was huge reach.

You know, I was starting to think Ruskell paid attention to my thousands of death threats by letter and email and was starting to value draft, he goes and pull off this sh!t. Fock you, you bugeyed basturd.

Basically, a tackling dummy. Can't play. I can't remember if he is still on the roster.

Will Herring, LB/SS, Auburn

Awful pick. I had him in the #300s on my sheet, last page.

Are you kidding me? Ruskell is the Antichrist. After the draft, he is going to an orphanage, gut every child in site, and drink their blood. :overhead: :mad:

This draft is going to Hell faster and faster, and the front office has the gas pedal glued to the floor.

A backup to a backup linebacker keeping a roster spot warm.

Courtney Taylor was #87 on my list.

Actually, that is a very nice value pick. He was coming off an injury plagued season 2 years ago, which probably hurt his draft status this year. But he had a very nice year, under the radar.

I can honestly say, this was a pretty good pick. Good hands, good route runner, good possesion type of WR.

14 catches for his career. Didn't play last year.

Jordan Kent, WR, Oregon. I had him at #215.

At this point, Ruskell is taunting the fans. He is rubbing our noses in feces. You think we need a TE? Hah. We'll line up 5 WRs. You'll see.

Kill me.

One career reception. With the St Louis Rams.

All the TEs are gone. It's official. Ruskell simply will not draft a player from a small, lower level school. Doesn't matter how talented the kid might be. Not on his draft board.

That is a very stupid way to put together a draft. Limiting your options. Stupid.

Steve Vallos, OG, Wake Forest.

Another guy I had in the #300s. Who cares? This guy won't make the team.

Somehow, he is still on the roster. I haven't heard his name since draft day.

Defensive Backfield. They couldn't get the needed frist downs last year and constantly left the D in a whole. They needed O'line, TE, and someone to backup SA. Never even addressed needs on day 1. Worst Seattle draft I've seen in years. and it'll be years before we see them in the playoffs again :mad:

Summary: this was a pretty bad draft. Zero impact players.

Fock Clausen. I've been lukewarm on every decision the new regime has made this offseason, but the fact that Carroll and company seem to be recognizing Jimmy Clausen isnt a wise investment is encouraging. Carroll recruited him and played him every year, he knows the guy. He knows his skills and attitude wont transfer to the pros. If Whitehurst can play, his trade was a smashing success and worth not landing Marshall. As good as Marshall is, getting a capable QB is more important.

You've made valid arguments about Marshall's skillset and age being worth the escalated cost, but when you start suggesting the next failed ND QB with the 6th pick (and the corresponding salary that entails RIGHT before a rookie salary cap gets implemented) you totally lose me. Waiting until 2011 to bring in a QB isn't an option either, its time to test somebody out this year. I keep hearing that not getting Marshall has crippled the amount of time it will take to rebuild, but doesn't the same hold true by not doing anything at the position, using a high pick on a bust, or bringing in some sh!tty stopgap like Derek Anderson?

The guys running the show like what they have seen in Whitehurst. Since we've all seen little if anything of the guy, we really can't argue against him until we see him on the field. It's a flat out ballsy risk, and if it works, then the hell with Marshall and his attitude. Careers are defined (and derailed) on risks like this.

And just to keep rambling on, the more I think about it, the more I wonder how gambling on Whitehurst is any crazier then dropping two 2nd rounders on Marshall and making him the highest paid WR in the league. BM has been a dramatic distraction for the past 3 years now. Of course he's been saying the right things lately, he wanted to get out of Denver and get PAID. He got PAID...but does his recent history show any indication that he's growing up?!? He didn't like his situation, and got EXACTLY what he wanted by acting like a whiny, unprofessional little b!tch. What exactly has he learned? Who's to say he wont fall back into his same behavior in Seattle or Miami? Three 2009 playoff teams decided to go with Antonio Bryant, Santonio Holmes and Anquan Boldin (whos played an entire season twice in 7 years) over him.

No, I'm not panicking. At least not until after the draft. I'm done with the whole Marshall thing.

I'm not sure what you mean on a few points?

Carroll - TRIED to recruite Clausen. He wanted him. But, he couldn't get him at USC. Then you said he played with him every year? Huh?

He didn't get him at USC. How do you know he doesn't still like him?

I think they originally thought he would not be there at #6 so they then reached for Whitehurst.

I'm not even sure Clausen is off our board even with Whitehurst? He should be for what we gave up though.

I bet you'll think it's a bad draft if we did get Clausen! However, it would actually be Whitehurst that was the bad move and then compounded on that with another QB waisted pick.

But, I like Clausen. I think your undervaluing him like allot of people are. He's more Pro ready then anybody. He can throw on the run and makes things happen. He had a ton of pressure on every play unlike Bradford. led 4 comeback wins. Threw a TD in every game.

He's teammates trusted him.

But anyway, time to move on. Maybe Whitehurst is our answer.

You guy's are still wrong about Marshall though!!!!

And FlaHawker - I've been living in Seattle for 36 years and a fan since I was a little kid. I think I know something about Seattle!

I agree with WhiteWonder - He knows what he's talking about and makes perfect sense!

But, we've spent enough time hashing it out. See what happens in the draft.

I'm not sure what you mean on a few points?

Carroll - TRIED to recruite Clausen. He wanted him. But, he couldn't get him at USC. Then you said he played with him every year? Huh?

He didn't get him at USC. How do you know he doesn't still like him?

I think they originally thought he would not be there at #6 so they then reached for Whitehurst.

I'm not even sure Clausen is off our board even with Whitehurst? He should be for what we gave up though.

I bet you'll think it's a bad draft if we did get Clausen! However, it would actually be Whitehurst that was the bad move and then compounded on that with another QB waisted pick.

But, I like Clausen. I think your undervaluing him like allot of people are. He's more Pro ready then anybody. He can throw on the run and makes things happen. He had a ton of pressure on every play unlike Bradford. led 4 comeback wins. Threw a TD in every game.

He's teammates trusted him.

But anyway, time to move on. Maybe Whitehurst is our answer.

You guy's are still wrong about Marshall though!!!!

And FlaHawker - I've been living in Seattle for 36 years and a fan since I was a little kid. I think I know something about Seattle!

I agree with WhiteWonder - He knows what he's talking about and makes perfect sense!

But, we've spent enough time hashing it out. See what happens in the draft.

I meant that Carroll played against Clausen every year in the annual ND/USC game

And you're right, I dont have any factual evidence that We've written Clausen off. Just assuming. I do find it a bit telling that Both Mike Shannahan and Mike Holmgren could sit tight and land him, but dont seem interested. Who knows, anything can happen draft day. 5 more days :headbanger:

What the hell are you talking about. I don't even know who you are.

Alright fellas. We have 3 good picks, and alot of holes. At risk of jinxing us. I don't see how we can screw this up.