Sign in to follow this  
singman2

2010 Draft Commentary

just saw this on sports illustrated:

The numbers hit you like a punch in the face when clicking to Pro Football Reference. In 2009, Darren McFadden finished third amongst Raiders rushers with 357 yards and one touchdown (behind Michael Bush/Justin Fargas) ... and fifth amongst Oakland pass-catchers with 245 receiving yards. Granted, McFadden only played in 12 games last year, but his per-game average of 41.5 total yards was easily the worst for a former top-5-overall draft pick in Year 2 since Brent Fullwood in the late 1980s (minimum 12 games). Yes, even Curtis Enis, Ki-Jana Carter and Blair Thomas -- the three biggest RB draft busts of the modern era -- had better numbers in their respective second years than McFadden in '09. Yikes!

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/fant...l#ixzz0nC6HHQ8E

Subscription

they try to fluff him up, tho...

needed a RB but went with the guy with the most talent still there

Mcfadden is a risky pick, but he does have HUGE upside.

No doubt in the fact he was the best RB (talent wise) available. And with the help at OL and QB the offense might be better. Add in the fact that Al Davis just let go of his number 1 pick three years back, which means he will give Mcfadden lots of opportunity to produce in order to protect his drafting image.

With those factors I think he could have a nice season.

needed a RB but went with the guy with the most talent still there

Stop doing that and take an RB dammit... :dunno:

ps. You stole my WR AGAIN !!!!

Dont know why the draft has stalled but I have to work until late tonight. I left my number with the Commish to text me and I am willing to text him a pick. If not I will make my pick as soon as I get in tonight.

I know McFadden and Wallace are risky picks, i need to try for a few high upside guys. Alot of my prior picks and keepers were safer guys that have a lower ceiling. Wallace is my WR #3 behind Calvin Johnson and Steve Smith of the giants. Wallace was a fantasy #3 wr in the #3 wr role, even if he does not improve on his numbers he is not going to hurt my team.

I know McFadden and Wallace are risky picks, i need to try for a few high upside guys. Alot of my prior picks and keepers were safer guys that have a lower ceiling. Wallace is my WR #3 behind Calvin Johnson and Steve Smith of the giants. Wallace was a fantasy #3 wr in the #3 wr role, even if he does not improve on his numbers he is not going to hurt my team.

Roll the dice, and go with your gut sometimes... That is FF at it's best... TW

ps. Sometimes I write down 2 guys I am trying to decide between, and at the end of the year I pull out the list and compare how the two did vs. my draft choice... Sometimes it's fun, sometimes not so much... :unsure:

Roll the dice, and go with your gut sometimes... That is FF at it's best... TW

ps. Sometimes I write down 2 guys I am trying to decide between, and at the end of the year I pull out the list and compare how the two did vs. my draft choice... Sometimes it's fun, sometimes not so much... :unsure:

I never go in with a list, i just go in having an idea of guys i am going to target. This early year is tough because training camp and preseason greatly has an effect on rounds 5 and later.

I never go in with a list, i just go in having an idea of guys i am going to target. This early year is tough because training camp and preseason greatly has an effect on rounds 5 and later.

I grab a cheetsheet from places I like, but generally go off instinct as well... The "short list" I was referring to is say for example...

Who did better:

LeSean McCoy vs Colston (the 2 guys I was deciding between in round 2 this year)

Santonio Holmes vs Crabtree (my delimma in this league last year)

With 5 different leagues, that list can have 4 to 10 lines for players vs players... That at the end of the year I look back on... TW

sweet jesus this has come to a screeching halt.... almost 24 hrs since last pick. singman you should get all "children!" on him lol

sorry guys I had my lungs filkled with fluid today and wasn't lucid until now if thats what I am now -- I just took a rookie as my #2 rb after actually thinking P. Thomas was still therew and making a totally stupid trade to get him. not good day for mozzy on many levels

sorry guys I had my lungs filkled with fluid today and wasn't lucid until now if thats what I am now -- I just took a rookie as my #2 rb after actually thinking P. Thomas was still therew and making a totally stupid trade to get him. not good day for mozzy on many levels

Sorry dude... I had a feeling something was wrong???? Are you ok???

Positive vibes dude... I hope your ok... TW

I reALLY made that trade for ben focking tATE confgrats efactor for tAKING anvatage of a mental midget :pointstosky:

I reALLY made that trade for ben focking tATE confgrats efactor for tAKING anvatage of a mental midget :pointstosky:

My Guilt is great. I would be willing to undo it since you weren't thinking straight. I wasn't aware of your condition and you did offer it to me............

BTW, I punched it into the trade calculator out of curiousity, and it's only a 5 percent advantage for me. Much lower than my previous trade down..............

Get better man...........

I reALLY made that trade for ben focking tATE confgrats efactor for tAKING anvatage of a mental midget :headbanger:

Geeeezzzzzzzzz. I just saw your post on FBG pimping Tate as ROY. Guess you can't feel too bad about this trade............... :pointstosky:

Geeeezzzzzzzzz. I just saw your post on FBG pimping Tate as ROY. Guess you can't feel too bad about this trade............... :pointstosky:

hey back off b!tch I need to make nmyself feel good about the dumbass pick i made even if i am being delusional -- unfourtunatrley Tate was only real player at RB with any true upside lewft

My Guilt is great. I would be willing to undo it since you weren't thinking straight. I wasn't aware of your condition and you did offer it to me............

BTW, I punched it into the trade calculator out of curiousity, and it's only a 5 percent advantage for me. Much lower than my previous trade down..............

Get better man...........

tks bbut no trade backs -- only whiny little bitches ask for that - I made the offer i will deal with it. can't beleieve I thought Pierre was there

I think trading up to get Tate was a good idea. He is the last of the backs that have a decent shot at being a workhorse back.

I think trading up to get Tate was a good idea. He is the last of the backs that have a decent shot at being a workhorse back.

Obviously, so does Moz based on his FFG post...........

The Slaton role is the big X factor. There was talk a while back that he might not be able to play again, but looks like he is. Was a fantasy darling just a year ago, so if healthy, he'll get a good dose, which will limit Tate.

Time will tell of course. This is the fun part of doing an early draft. Lot more speculation. Wouldn't want to do my more serious leagues like this, but having one is fun.........

Obviously so does Moz based on his FFG post. Not quite sure why he was bashing it himself...........

The Slaton role is the big X factor. There was talk a while back that he might not be able to play again, but looks like he is. Was a fantasy darling just a year ago, so if healthy, he'll get a good dose, which will limit Tate.

Time will tell of course. This is the fun part of doing an early draft. Lot more speculation. Wouldn't want to do my more serious leagues like this, but having one is fun.........

Are we not drafting on Sunday?

This is turning into a joke. We have drafted 5 players since Friday................

Less than 6 rounds in 9 days. I know this is an early draft, but no excuses for this type of slowdown.............

How difficult is it to click click on to this thread to check if you're up and make a pick. No one is that busy, especially during a draft to not be able to wake up in the morning and check and check during the day and at night at the very least. except Moz b/c he's sick in the hospital.

It shouldn't be hard to check in to see if you're up, especially on a weekend. Someone should probably email the person who is up though. Or send out an email to the whole league saying who you picked and who is up next.

It shouldn't be hard to check in to see if you're up, especially on a weekend. Someone should probably email the person who is up though. Or send out an email to the whole league saying who you picked and who is up next.

who's up is meatloaf and he makes picks via singman, i dont think meatloaf has an fftoday account. singman hasn't been on today he's probably with family.

who's up is meatloaf and he makes picks via singman, i dont think meatloaf has an fftoday account. singman hasn't been on today he's probably with family.

Isn't it FREE to get an FFtoday account? :thumbsdown:

Isn't it FREE to get an FFtoday account? :shocking:

not making excuses, just telling u how it is. the draft isnt going anywhere till singman realizes whos up and calls the dude.

This is turning into a joke. We have drafted 5 players since Friday................

Less than 6 rounds in 9 days. I know this is an early draft, but no excuses for this type of slowdown.............

Take a pill. My family is in the process of Moving and Meatloaf (My BIL) has been helping me along with my FIL etc....... I just got home and let him know we were up. What is a joke is that I don't have all the league fees yet. Relax we have plenty of time.

Meatloaf has an account that I help him set up but I am not sure he knoes how to post. He is technology challenged :shocking:

Obviously so does Moz based on his FFG post. Not quite sure why he was bashing it himself...........

think is he doed veerythinjg Slatomj doesm better -- speed , size , power , passcatching , blocking

Slaton will be a great COP guy nd a time share with Srian and Brown if they bate still thjere

Tate is a 20 ,- 35 carry bruiser with speed and patchcztrching to match

What is a joke is that I don't have all the league fees yet.

Sent mine twice. Let me know if you have not received yet...............

think is he doed veerythinjg Slatomj doesm better -- speed , size , power , passcatching , blocking

Slaton will be a great COP guy nd a time share with Srian and Brown if they bate still thjere

Tate is a 20 ,- 35 carry bruiser with speed and patchcztrching to match

Assume you are still on the morphine. Hope you are better soon............

Assume you are still on the morphine. Hope you are better soon............

down graded to mererol should be olut of hospital tommrrow

down graded to mererol should be olut of hospital tommrrow

Positive vibes dude... Hope you get well soon... TW

Sent mine twice. Let me know if you have not received yet...............

I have received it. I am waiting on attack mode and rhinos revenge. :dunno:

at home now and trying to figure out who Ben Tate is.

all in all drugged up my team doesn't suck totallly Brees , sjax , Tate, Harvin , Crabtree , Welker , Celek

I have been in the process of moving across town over the last couple weeks. I will get internet access tomorow, and then my drafting should go smoother.

Figured it was time to get a QB. Guess I'm in the minority but I really like Flacco this year. Had a decent season last year and he finally has a true #1 receiver. Wouldn't be surprised to see 4000 yards out of him this year. Was going to take him at 6.4 but only two guys didn't have QBs at that point. The trade down gamble paid off for a change..................