Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

**Round One Commentary**

actually in this non PPR format, i think there is at least 1 other guy in consideration for a top 4 selection. I would have taken this guy over Ray Rice (and im a rutgers homer!).

I love AJ and all but not sure I take him 5th in standard scoring. Can't argue with the pick but probably would have gone a different direction.

actually in this non PPR format, i think there is at least 1 other guy in consideration for a top 4 selection. I would have taken this guy over Ray Rice (and im a rutgers homer!).

I love AJ and all but not sure I take him 5th in standard scoring. Can't argue with the pick but probably would have gone a different direction.

It's a reasonable statement. There are other options that could have fallen in the 5th spot to be sure, he went with his gut on that one, departed from the ADP, and i think I respect that just a lil :doublethumbsup:

I have 3 in mind that I won't touch with a 10 foot pole this year, or last year for that matter.

I have 3 in mind that I won't touch with a 10 foot pole this year, or last year for that matter.

I have my avoid's as well...... :doublethumbsup:

I have my avoid's as well...... :doublethumbsup:

for sure, I am interested to see others views on the guy I would have taken at 4 if CJ was gone. Will find out once he is selected :thumbsup:

as for AJ, screw ADP. If you want him you want him, I would have made probably a bigger "reach" at 4. My comments on him are pretty much only due to the scoring system.

as for AJ, screw ADP. If you want him you want him,

Ahhhhhh.....you just gave me cold chills..... :doublethumbsup:

Uh oh, Clash is up........ :doublethumbsup:

How's it going JScott? Any thoughts right now? :huh:

maybe :wall:

Yep, that's pretty much it

Uh oh, Clash is up........ :doh:

He hasn't checked in to this forearm since Saturday which was before the start times and order was set. Considering we started over two hours ago and he has not even checked by, this is not a good sign. :huh:

Does anyone have his addy?

I'll be over at the geek bored. Wake me up when it gets going again. :wall:

He hasn't checked in to this forearm since Saturday which was before the start times and order was set. Considering we started over two hours ago and he has not even checked by, this is not a good sign. :doh:

Does anyone have his addy?

I'll be over at the geek bored. Wake me up when it gets going again. :huh:

SOP for Clash :wall:

Gore was the logical choice at # 6 given that he consistently gets taken at #5, so in this little ditty Gore and Johnson swap places; it will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next two months leading in to the final August draft push....

SOP for Clash :wall:

Clash did not send his picks in to me...luckily, he did to Mike who sent me the forward.

He needs to be a part of things this year...otherwise, don't sign up to do it.

Gore was the logical choice at # 6 given that he consistently gets taken at #5, so in this little ditty Gore and Johnson swap places; it will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next two months leading in to the final August draft push....

I had three players in mind at #5. The reason I passed on Gore was simply that I think he's over-valued this year. I've owned him before. I've watched him play. He's a great RB to own, but not in the top 5 overall if you ask me. He seems to always get banged up and miss at least a couple games each year. Just not a big fan, what can I say.

Andre was the safer pick for me. I'm a big believer in the old saying "You don't win a fantasy football title in the first round, but you CAN lose it there".

He needs to be a part of things this year...otherwise, don't sign up to do it.

Couldn't agree more. While I'm glad he at least sent a pick in, if you can't be here fro the first day/round don't sign up. But we all know Clash he will continue to sign up until he's forced out. :wall:

Btw, I hate #7... deciding between a few players and don't like any of them here. Would absolutely do whatever I could to trade down in a normal draft...

I had three players in mind at #5. The reason I passed on Gore was simply that I think he's over-valued this year. I've owned him before. I've watched him play. He's a great RB to own, but not in the top 5 overall if you ask me. He seems to always get banged up and miss at least a couple games each year. Just not a big fan, what can I say.

Andre was the safer pick for me. I'm a big believer in the old saying "You don't win a fantasy football title in the first round, but you CAN lose it there".

Agree on Gore...... :wall:

Btw, I hate #7... deciding between a few players and don't like any of them here. Would absolutely do whatever I could to trade down in a normal draft...

I can see your point, but you are still in the realm to grab some nice talent, reliably nice, and get some good grub on the back swing too......you are in a pretty good spot really....

If I was at 1.07, and who was gone was gone, I would have picked Turner as well. :wall:

If I was at 1.07, and who was gone was gone, I would have picked Turner as well. :wall:

Agree.....completely....... :huh:

I can see your point, but you are still in the realm to grab some nice talent, reliably nice, and get some good grub on the back swing too......you are in a pretty good spot really....

I think there are a handful of RBs (Gore included) that will all produce around the same, so dropping back in the 1st (to 10th or 11th) and getting the bump in the 2nd would have been much prefered.

Couldn't agree more. While I'm glad he at least sent a pick in, if you can't be here fro the first day/round don't sign up. But we all know Clash he will continue to sign up until he's forced out. :wall:

That's not impractical . . .

Out to lunch for about an hour or so. I really doubt it gets all the way back to me by then and there are just to many players to send a list. Just a heads up. :wall:

Nice Turner selection

YES, he was the guy I would have considered and probably selected at 4 over Ray Rice. Call me crazy but the guy was a beast last year before his ankle injury and in a standard format should be considered right up there with the pass catching guys.

Amen to this. All I am really looking for is the safest way to use my first pick.

I see them riding Mendy hard to start the season then to ease there QB back into shape, when available. He is a first rounder in this format. I thought about him and have him ranked right with Gore and Turner.

Things are getting thin here at the backend of the first round. I took Mendenhall due to his youth and situation. The Steelers will obviously lean more heavily on the run when Big Ben is on hiatus at the beginning of the season and Mendenhall doesn't really have any competition for carries. The only other players that I was considering are either sharing carries, or coming off surgeries.

ICEMAN

it's just gotten to the point over the years....the less i say the better.......hard to want to participate with commentary when the same cast of characters take shot after shot at me....... one even compared to a serial killer...not funny....may i suggest " a life " to you people

and again for the record some of us actually work during the day and can't stay on 24/7...having said that i have never held this thing up or missed a pick...i was just trying to be courteous and send a pick list.....and of course it backfires

okay rant over.........carry on.....

Lighten up, Francis.

ICEMAN

it's just gotten to the point over the years....the less i say the better.......hard to want to participate with commentary when the same cast of characters take shot after shot at me....... one even compared to a serial killer...not funny....may i suggest " a life " to you people

and again for the record some of us actually work during the day and can't stay on 24/7...having said that i have never held this thing up or missed a pick...i was just trying to be courteous and send a pick list.....and of course it backfires

You are such a flirt..... :Mr-T:

Hey, there's no proof that Joran is a serial killer. :bandana: Lighten up and participate like everyone else in things for once. :Mr-T:

The Joran crack was about babes and beaches and you tweeting from the beach all of the time.....geesh!

Pretty much as expceted through the pick of SJax with only 2 new entents to the top 10 of last year. I have to say that the Mendy pick took guts and was pretty much spot on in my opinion.

after chris johnson and AD..............i think you can throw all the usual suspects in a pot for the 1st couple of rounds..........fantasy football is going to be more wide open than ever this year! :Mr-T:

after chris johnson and AD..............i think you can throw all the usual suspects in a pot for the 1st couple of rounds..........fantasy football is going to be more wide open than ever this year! :Mr-T:

Agree, and once we get deeper into the second round, I would like to add to this...

Why not MJD? You always seemed to be an MJD guy. Alot of TD's

MJD was my horse last year and would have been my pick if i was in spot 2.

ADP, MJD, CJ..... then a tossup imo and my personal pick in this format would have been Turner but either Rice or Gore would suffice.

Wasn't able to comment on my pick earlier, so here goes:

Chris Johnson scares the hell out of me. Just too much workload last year. Ray Rice has great potential, and I'd be tempted to use the first or second pick on him in a PPR.

AD's numbers will greatly depend on his ability to hold onto the damn ball. If he can't, expect to see more Gerhart. If he can, the sky's the limit.

I see MJD as the best combination of safety and upside in the top 4.

With the best RBs gone, time for a WR. I know, Liernert is the QB, Boldin gone, but in this format, I think the TDs will come to him and he remains...a BEAST!

Rbs of equal value are still out there.

With the best RBs gone, time for a WR. I know, Liernert is the QB, Boldin gone, but in this format, I think the TDs will come to him and he remains...a BEAST!

Rbs of equal value are still out there.

I think you may have reached up just a bit on him.......his is truly a stud, perhaps THE WR stud in the NFL, but I think you may have overspent on him, just a smidgen....the QB issue is the most troubling factor, I do not think the departure of Boldin is too formidable an issue for the likes of Breaston et al to overcome, but not having a stable QB is is tough thing for even the very best to overcome....

JMHO

No need for the martyr stuff. Yes, you have held things up before. You are wildly inconsistent in your participation and tend to point the finger at other people. We're all used to it.

That being said, you're really, really good at fantasy football and you add a fun element to this draft. As such, you are welcome here and a worthy member of this annual draft. I would just like for you just once to take ownership of something instead of going all martyr on us. I respect you as a fellow fantasy geek. You're one of the best.

Haven't had much time to comment today thus far, but I'll try to do that now.

Wow...if you had told me that Chris Johnson would last until 1.04, I would have thought you were crazy. I guess people are scared of his contract stuff, but man what a talent he is. I would have taken him first.

I like the Turner pick. I know JScott wasn't sold on it, but in a draft in which we could trade picks, I would have gladly moved up to that spot to get him. I think he's going to have an excellent bounce-back year.

Mendenhall was too early for my taste. He's in a good situation, but he's done nothing so far that suggests he's worthy of a first round fantasy pick. Same for Fitzgerald...I think he's second round material with Leinart at the controls.

I know the QB pick by me shocked no one. I like Brees just slightly more than another QB I considered. Also thought about taking a RB at 1.11, but I think the guy I like best right now will still be available once NAn picks. We'll see.

A more interesting first round than years past. The first round usually goes as scripted. Not so much here. Good stuff. :rolleyes: