Sign in to follow this  
Poloc2289

Keeper League Keepers?

This is a 12-team non-PPR keeper league in which we need to keep any 3 guys and one rookie (rookies are bolded). We play 2 RB's and 3 WR's so wide receivers really do become thin in the draft. I have an idea of who I want to take, but it's very up in the air. I could really use some help here and I will surely help out with yours if you leave a link, thanks.

Miles Austin (Dal - WR)

Ronnie Brown (Mia - RB)

Brent Celek (Phi - TE)

Jamaal Charles (KC - RB)

Marques Colston (NO - WR)

Jermichael Finley (GB - TE)

Justin Forsett (Sea - RB)

Brian Hartline (Mia - WR)

Steven Jackson (StL - RB)

Brandon Marshall (Mia - WR)

Robert Meachem (NO - WR)

Louis Murphy (Oak - WR)

Tony Romo (Dal - QB)

Mike Thomas (Jac - WR)

Mike Wallace (Pit - WR)

Brian Westbrook (Phi - RB)

What do you think?

Mike Wallace

Steven Jackson

Marques Colston

Those seem like the no brainers.

Tough to let Charles go. I would keep him or Austin.

Wow, Marques Colston is a no brainer over Miles Austin and/or Brandon Marshall??? I don't agree with that. I have Marshall as the #5 overall WR and Austin as the #7 overall WR. Colston is #14 for me. I think there are 7-8 elite WR's, and Marshall and Austin are both amongst that group in my opinion. The Saints offense is just too loaded, and Drew Brees doesn't really have a go to guy. He spreads the ball around which makes it hard for Colston to get the targets that Marshall or Austin will get. Colston only got 20% of the targets from Drew Brees last season.

I'd keep Steve Jackson, Brandon Marshall, Miles Austin, and Mike Wallace. You then draft RB's early and often. I'd consider Charles over Austin if after looking at everyone elses keepers, you feel RB will be very thin, and that you can still get solid starting WR's in the draft. But in terms of overall value and who I'd draft higher, its Austin in my opinion.