Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

Cuse9's Annual Help Thread

Once again I'm here to help in any way I can.

Who should I draft?

Who should I keep?

Which player is better?

I'm here to give my opinion and help by giving facts mixed with my opinion on who and why you should take.

As with the past, please post your questions inside the thread. I lose my ability outside of this thread.

Enjoy and ASK AWAY!!

OK Cuse9, here you go, 1st of the year

Keep 2, standard scoring, no PPR

Forte Round 4

Roddy White Rd 5

Jam. Charles Rd 4

LeSean McCoy Rd 11

We start 2 RB 2WR and a flex. Can't keep anyone drafted in the 1st 3 rounds.

I'm leaning towards McCoy and Charles but am also considering White. Thoughts??

OK Cuse9, here you go, 1st of the year

Keep 2, standard scoring, no PPR

Forte Round 4

Roddy White Rd 5

Jam. Charles Rd 4

LeSean McCoy Rd 11

We start 2 RB 2WR and a flex. Can't keep anyone drafted in the 1st 3 rounds.

I'm leaning towards McCoy and Charles but am also considering White. Thoughts??

Tough one. We all know that stud wr's are hard to come by, so let a talent like Roddy White go, you had better make sure you can replace that with two no brainer stud players!!

First, let's look at numbers:

LeSean McCoy....637/308/4

Jamal Charles...1120/297/8 (basically in 8 games)

Roddy White.....1153/11

Situations:

Roddy White: His situation stays basically the same. He should once again top 1100 yards with around 10 TD's.

LeSean McCoy: He has a new QB, but the same offense that produced Brian Westbrooks rise to fantasy dominance. He'll give way to Mike Bell for certain situations, but for the most part he'll be on the field for the majority of the snaps.

Jamaal Charles: Has a head coach and offensive coordinator that got to where they are at by being tremendous at the passing game. Thomas Jones was also brought in. Homerun threat everytime he touches the ball.

Jamaal and LeSean are on the brink of fantasy stardom, while Roddy is solidified as a stud wr with many years of solid production left. The risk/reward of your decision is tremendous and will affect your team for years to come.

For me it comes down to this: Do you want to make the playoffs or win the entire league? If you are a safer kind of guy I would say you keep McCoy and White. Both of them have a solid cast around them and should hold down their values for the next three-six years. While Charles went nuts last year, the team has no identity right now and he has a solid veteran to take away carries.

However, I want to win it all and set my team up next 2-4 years. Jamaal Charles and LeSean McCoy give you that opportunity. If both can stay healthy and carry the load they could turn into "Marshall Faulk/Brian Westbrook" and you could sitting on two of the top four backs in the league. They will give you 1200+ rushing yards and 600 receiving yards year after year while always scoring double digit TD's. When Weiss had a legit RB in NE in Corey Dillon he ran for 1600 yards. He can get production similar out of Charles. The Eagles have so many weapons it actually boosts McCoys value. The more weapons a team has....the more opportunities a player gets. Thus this is the case for McCoy.

So there you have it. Safe route would be McCoy/White, but I like going for the home run. I think Charles and McCoy give an opportunity to be at the top of your league for several years. My suggestion would be to keep them and be prepared to draft WR/TE/QB/WR/WR in your draft.

Good luck!

Just dropped by to say hi, Cuse.

But jes' fo fun - PPR - CJ2k or ADP?

Non-PPR - Nate Burleson or Roy Williams (or in a 12owner/16 man, none of the above)?

I don't really need help with these, but since it is a boring Sat night, I'm just testin ya to see if you've lost the touch!

Just dropped by to say hi, Cuse.

But jes' fo fun - PPR - CJ2k or ADP?

Non-PPR - Nate Burleson or Roy Williams (or in a 12owner/16 man, none of the above)?

I don't really need help with these, but since it is a boring Sat night, I'm just testin ya to see if you've lost the touch!

Hey MFM....good to see ya in here! I know you've already been down this road, but with kids and all their activities I don't get a chance to come in here and have some fun like I did when they were a bit younger!!

I did have a rebuttle on your Matt Leinart comments, let's see what we can do with that?

PPR for Peterson/CJ...does it really matter? This one is easy. Peterson fumbles, Johnson doesn't. Both will run for a boatload of yards, but CJ is just tad bit better.

Burleson vs The Legend. Man, do you want to get stabbed or shot? The Legend has talent out the ying yang and cashed it in. He doesn't use it. I don't know if it's heart, desire or what, but he's never fulfilled the promise that he had coming into the league. He was handed a golden opportunity last year. He could be the #1 wr for America's Team in the state where he shined in college and let Miles Austin steal his thunder and did nothing about it. Nate Burleson can do a little of everything, punts, kicks, post routes, crossing routes...you name it and Burleson will do it. Problem is...he does do it and his body can't take it.

In any event, Nate's your guy here and it's not even close. Calvin will get all the attention and Smith/Best will earn respect in the running game, so that will leave Nate in a great spot. Just do your thing Nate. Catch 3-6 balls a game, score an occasional TD and for the love of God, stay healthy. If he can stay healthy I think a year of 75-850-5 is easily obtainable. Roy will wither away in Austin and Dez' shadow.

hi Cuse9. like your stuff.

wondering on DJAX vs Roddy White. seems about as close as it gets, i currently have DJAX, live in Philly and my kids love him, so staying put is easy. The guy with Roddy is an Eagles fan and poking with Roddy. I was thinking of doing the deal with maybe a pick swap in my favor (we're in a 5 guy keeper league) just to pick up an edge. I know Roddy is gold but I don't get to see him play and I don't really have an affection for his game. DJAX is awesome and still on the up. I guess my thoughts are 1, does Roddy improve over last year with Ryan developing after a tough season and a rough schedule? Can he add 100 yds and 2 TDs. My Eagles concerns are 1- brutal schedule. 2.lotsa change- QB,RB. not that change will be bad. But Maclin and Celek and an RB who gets catches are serious options that could limit growth of Desean's stats. Also he has way fewer targets/catches/redzone opps. - lot of long TDs- but does that change? I also am not one to be hyper sensative to injuries, but JAX here is a bit small and already took a bump, can that factor in?

Thanks for your time

hi Cuse9. like your stuff.

wondering on DJAX vs Roddy White. seems about as close as it gets, i currently have DJAX, live in Philly and my kids love him, so staying put is easy. The guy with Roddy is an Eagles fan and poking with Roddy. I was thinking of doing the deal with maybe a pick swap in my favor (we're in a 5 guy keeper league) just to pick up an edge. I know Roddy is gold but I don't get to see him play and I don't really have an affection for his game. DJAX is awesome and still on the up. I guess my thoughts are 1, does Roddy improve over last year with Ryan developing after a tough season and a rough schedule? Can he add 100 yds and 2 TDs. My Eagles concerns are 1- brutal schedule. 2.lotsa change- QB,RB. not that change will be bad. But Maclin and Celek and an RB who gets catches are serious options that could limit growth of Desean's stats. Also he has way fewer targets/catches/redzone opps. - lot of long TDs- but does that change? I also am not one to be hyper sensative to injuries, but JAX here is a bit small and already took a bump, can that factor in?

Thanks for your time

Many things to consider since it's a keeper league.

Well, first let's look at numbers:

DeSean Jackson 63-1167-9

Roddy White 85-1153-11

Advantage Roddy White. More TD's and catches.

Roddy 29

DeSean 24

Advantage DeSean

Big Play/Game Ability:

DeSean: 8 games with at least one catch of 40 yards, long of 71; Five 100 yd games

Roddy: 4 games with at least one catch of 40 yards, long of 90; Four 100 yd games

Advantage is closer than you would think, but DeSean

Stability:

DeSean: 8 games with at least four catches

Roddy: 14 games with at least four catches

Advantage Roddy

Team Make-Up:

Roddy: Nothing changes in Atlanta. Run first team, but will definitly air it out when needed. Roddy is primary target. Injury to Jenkins does nothing to affect Roddy, Douglas will help Roddy by stretching the field. You are gauranteed to get another 80-1100-8 out of Roddy.

DeSean: Alot of changes. Kolb takes over, LeSean takes over and Maclin will be permanant sidekick. Kolb is more accurate than McNabb and that could be deadly for Philly opponents. Rinku, the wr master, actually believes Maclin will be the better fit with Kolbs ability, but I don't think you can rule DeSean out. In Kolbs two starts last year he hit DeSean for a 71 yard TD and DeSean had 10 catches for 250 yards and 2 TD's. Imagine that over a full season!

Advantage: DeSean

My pick is DeSean for the reason's he has the advantage above. You cannot ever factor injuries into the mix unless it's a guy like Steve Smith or an older back that has been hurt year after year. As you stated DeSean will definitly have fewer targets and receptions compared to Roddy, but a big part of that is because he makes more big plays. On a 70 yard drive Roddy is likely to have 3 catches for 35 yards, while DeSean has 1 catch for 35. Philly has a ton of weapons as you mentioned. That only helps DeSean's cause. Look at Terrell Owens last year. If the Bills had a better RB, a respectable TE and a wr on the other side of him that could move the chains, how many more yards and catches would Terrell have had? The more weapons you have, the better!! It simply gives you more opportunity. Scheduling does not matter! I live by this motto: "Stars are stars because they're stars"! By that I mean a great player is great no matter who they play. Last year against Tampa DJ had one catch for one yard. Then vs the Giants and an up and coming 49ers defense he had 12 catches for 318 yards and 2 TD's. Schedule only matters in two cases. One, for your defense. You don't want a defense that plays the Colts, Saints, Packers...Two, you don't want a stud wr that plays against Derrelle Revis during your playoffs!

Okay, I've rambled on and on, but I think you understand my opinion. Either way you go, you will have a stud wr for at least the next three years, but I like the big play ability of DeSean Jackson. Anytime it's close between two players I want the guy who has a shot to give me a record setting year and in this case it's DeSean Jackson!

Good luck.

Hey Cuse! Good to have you back at it. Can't say I have many questions this time of year, but I'll throw a keeper q out there for you since you're rolling and have already been talking DeSean.

14 teams, all TDs 6 points, 2WR/2RB/flex. Return yards treated like QB yards. I can hold 3 of Schaub, Steven Jackson, Randy Moss, and DeSean. Leaning heavily towards holding Schaub because this is a big league and the rest of the elite QBs will be kept, but considering holding on to DeSean instead as well. Whaddaya think?

Hey Cuse! Good to have you back at it. Can't say I have many questions this time of year, but I'll throw a keeper q out there for you since you're rolling and have already been talking DeSean.

14 teams, all TDs 6 points, 2WR/2RB/flex. Return yards treated like QB yards. I can hold 3 of Schaub, Steven Jackson, Randy Moss, and DeSean. Leaning heavily towards holding Schaub because this is a big league and the rest of the elite QBs will be kept, but considering holding on to DeSean instead as well. Whaddaya think?

Tough one! I agree with SJax and Moss, have to keep them both. Schaub or DJax is a tough call, both are towards the top in their respective positions and both could have huge years.

The breakdown:

14 team league, so QB's gone are gonna be: Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Romo, Rivers. Those six for sure! That leaves 9 QB's that, in my opinion, are a great starter for a fourteen team league: Schaub, Favre, Flacco, Eli, Palmer, McNabb, Kolb, Cutler, Ryan are all solid starters that could go for 4000 yards and 25+ TD's. Schaub is easily gonna be the first QB taken of this group prolly followed by Kolb. If you let go of Schaub, you are still going to get a great QB.

Now as for WR's, I think there are less WR's in the elite status than there are QB's. You have AJ, Moss, Fitz, Wayne, Marhsall, DeSean, Roddy, Jennings, Calvin, Colston, Rice & Miles. That's 12 in my book that are bonified studs, that rank right there ahead of the stud QB's not named Brees, Rodgers or Manning. Just outside that group you have Boldin, S. Smith-Caro, S. Smith-NYG, Ochocinco and Sims-Walker that should all post solid numbers and be a nice #1. There is a decent group of WR's that could post great numbers such as Garcon, Maclin, Owens, Welker (all about injury with him), but the bottom line is this.......

If you don't keep Moss and DeSean you will have question marks around your #2/#3 wr's. By keeping DeSean you gaurantee yourself two top ten wr's and will stil get a top ten caliber QB. You can also keep an eye on who keeps/drafts QB's. If 13 teams take QB's and you are the only left it's a good spot to be in. you could then burn a round or two taking another RB, WR, top TE....knowing that everyone already has a QB, so you can wait. Just don't wait too long, there is always one bozo that will have no running backs and snatch up his back-up QB.

So, my vote is for DeSean jackson and his big play/game ability. Read my Roddy vs DeSean post up above and you'll see why I'm high on DeSean!

Good luck.

Hi Cuse this had its own topic but no replies. Thanks for this thread every year.

12 team 5 man keeper league. Standard scoring NO PPR. 6 pts all Tds.

We start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1K, 1DEF

Here are my keepers.

Brees, Felix Jones, Brandon Marshall, Steve Smith (Giants), Johnny Knox

I have the 6th pick and there isnt going to be much to choose from at all. I know I should go RB but here are the top RBs left after Keepers.

AP, Jackson, Matthews, Gore, Grant, Thomas, Addai, Forte, Forsett, Best

Like i said not much to choose from and im sure pretty sure all the picks ahead of me are going to take RB because of their rosters.

Should I go like Andre Johnson or Moss or Wayne or Fitz. Maybe even grab Brady or Manning here to trade for a RB.

My thinking is if i take someone like Pierre or Forte or Addai. I could probably still grab someone comparable in round 2 maybe with

more upside. So why waste that first pick on a guy like that.

Thoughts?

Jeff

Hey I have a question for my PPR league:

This is my team:

8 Randy Moss, NE WR

13 Larry Fitzgerald, Ari WR

28 Joseph Addai, Ind RB

33 Tony Romo, Dal QB

48 Pierre Thomas, NO RB

53 Felix Jones, Dal RB

68 Jeremy Maclin, Phi WR

73 Justin Forsett, Sea RB

88 Michael Bush, Oak RB

93 Chris Cooley, Was TE

108 Bengals D/ST, Cin D/ST

113 Kevin Kolb, Phi QB

128 Derrick Mason, Bal WR

133 Bernard Berrian, Min WR

148 Mason Crosby, GB K

153 Broncos D/ST, Den D/ST

Its my first FF season so I don't really know what the possibilities are in terms of potential trades or what to look for in a trade or even how willing people are to trade. I'm not too happy about my RB's but essentially I have 2 starting QB's so thats nice. It's a 10 man league so the guys who don't have an elite QB have someone in the same tier as Kolb. Do you think it would be beneficial to hold on to him or throw him out there and see what kind of offers I get? Also any other advice about my team would be beneficial too! Thanks in advance for your help!

FYI-

TD = 6 pts in our league

Hi Cuse this had its own topic but no replies. Thanks for this thread every year.

12 team 5 man keeper league. Standard scoring NO PPR. 6 pts all Tds.

We start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1K, 1DEF

Here are my keepers.

Brees, Felix Jones, Brandon Marshall, Steve Smith (Giants), Johnny Knox

I have the 6th pick and there isnt going to be much to choose from at all. I know I should go RB but here are the top RBs left after Keepers.

AP, Jackson, Matthews, Gore, Grant, Thomas, Addai, Forte, Forsett, Best

Like i said not much to choose from and im sure pretty sure all the picks ahead of me are going to take RB because of their rosters.

Should I go like Andre Johnson or Moss or Wayne or Fitz. Maybe even grab Brady or Manning here to trade for a RB.

My thinking is if i take someone like Pierre or Forte or Addai. I could probably still grab someone comparable in round 2 maybe with

more upside. So why waste that first pick on a guy like that.

Thoughts?

Jeff

First, I'm not real sure why you're keeping Johnny Knox? He could turn out to be a great wide receiver, but it seems as though you would be able to him later? Of course you know your league better than I. As it is your staples are Brees, Marshall & Smith. Felix needs alot of luck to become a fantasy factor and Cutler has to stop throwing to the other team for Knox to put up great numbers.

I would definitly go after a running back with pick one. Best case scenerio for you is that Mathews falls to you. That would give you a great young back for however many years you can keep players. There is a chance Gore could make it to you, again, great back to have. Beings that it's a keeper league you have to set your sites on securing a top running back. It would be great to land another wide receiver, but the pressing issue for you is to get that RB that can hammer out 100 yards a game for you. If Andre, Moss or Fitz should happen to fall, you really can't pass them up, but running back is the obvious need and needs to be addressed. You cannnot go into the season with Felix Jones being your number one back or you will be in trouble!

Hey I have a question for my PPR league:

This is my team:

8 Randy Moss, NE WR

13 Larry Fitzgerald, Ari WR

28 Joseph Addai, Ind RB

33 Tony Romo, Dal QB

48 Pierre Thomas, NO RB

53 Felix Jones, Dal RB

68 Jeremy Maclin, Phi WR

73 Justin Forsett, Sea RB

88 Michael Bush, Oak RB

93 Chris Cooley, Was TE

108 Bengals D/ST, Cin D/ST

113 Kevin Kolb, Phi QB

128 Derrick Mason, Bal WR

133 Bernard Berrian, Min WR

148 Mason Crosby, GB K

153 Broncos D/ST, Den D/ST

Its my first FF season so I don't really know what the possibilities are in terms of potential trades or what to look for in a trade or even how willing people are to trade. I'm not too happy about my RB's but essentially I have 2 starting QB's so thats nice. It's a 10 man league so the guys who don't have an elite QB have someone in the same tier as Kolb. Do you think it would be beneficial to hold on to him or throw him out there and see what kind of offers I get? Also any other advice about my team would be beneficial too! Thanks in advance for your help!

FYI-

TD = 6 pts in our league

For this being your first draft you hit it out the park! Really there is nothing not to like! Romo is a top five QB and Kolb has the potential to be top five or even #1, I don't think he will this year, but it wouldn't surprize me one bit! Your wide receiver collection is rediculous good. Fitz and Moss are top three, Maclin has the sky as his limit. Mason is a very trustworthy bye week/injury fill in and Berrian may be gold if Rice' hip makes him miss anytime. Running backs aren't stellar, but very good mixed in with your other starters. Addai has the ability to put up top five numbers even if he loses carries to Donald Brown. You absolutely stole Pierre Thomas. He's the feature back that can do it all. In his current situation he's a great back to have! If Forsett wins the job outright in Seattle, again, a steal. Even if he don't he'll get enough playing time to be a decent fill in. Michael Bush is a quality back to hang onto who should reach double digit TD's. Not real high on your defenses, but the Bengals could be a surprize top team. If Jordan Shipley can give them some special teams returns it will elevate their status alot.

As for trading. If this is your first year usually people will try to lowball you. They'll try and sell you a player that is not very good for one of your stars or up and coming stars. Seriously, with this team I wouldn't even entertain the idea of trading with anyone. Your team is solid from top to bottom. No need to mess it up.

Great job and good luck!

Hey Cuse! Glad to see you back again this year... My question - what RB should I consider in the middle rds?

Not happy w/ my RBs: Charles, Forte, Jacobs, Tate

(this is a keeper league so all of the good RBs were already kept)

These guys are available in the 9th rd:

- Lynch

- Washington

- Gerhart

- Choice

- LJ

- Ward

- Buckhalter

Looking at Choice (and hope for injury to MBIII or Felix) or Lynch (and hoping he gets traded). Not excited about either one though. What do you think?

Alright Cuse, I posted this on the board as well, but I want to make sure you answer it. It seems that you know what you are doing.... at least you made it seem that way in our scratch draft:)

I am in a 12 team Auction/Keeper league where I am allowed to keep 2 players (Only 1 RB). Standard decimal scoring with a $200 cap. We are only allowed to keep players for 3 consecutive years and this is now presenting a bit of a tough decision for me. I can't keep Peterson any longer so he will be available in our draft and so will MJD. Virtually every other big name RB rated higher than DeAngelo is being kept. Here is my team and the price that it would cost me to keep each player.

I'm Keeping Roddy White for $10 already. So I need one from this bunch.

Justin Forsett $6

Felix Jones $19

Percy Harvin $7

Dallas Clark $14

Those are the names that I have narrowed it down too. We start 1QB,2RB,1FLEX,2WR,1TE,1K,1DT. I'm leaning toward Dallas Clark.

Thanks!

Hi Cuse9,

Tough one - I will be in a position to draft either Brees or Rodgers and I'm struggling. This league allows 2 unrestricted keepers and 1 keeper drafted after the 8th round the previous year. I think Brees is the safer, guaranteed top 3 and Rodgers is an injury risk because of that oline. However, Rodgers is 4 years younger and this is dynasty.

Once again I'm here to help in any way I can.

Who should I draft?

Who should I keep?

Which player is better?

I'm here to give my opinion and help by giving facts mixed with my opinion on who and why you should take.

As with the past, please post your questions inside the thread. I lose my ability outside of this thread.

Enjoy and ASK AWAY!!

Cuse9,

I need your honest opinion. I am in a keeper league that just reset after 10 years. I drew the 3rd overall pick and I am trying to decide who I want to build my team around. It is a PPR league in which Receivers are given 1 PT and RBs .5 PT for receptions. I am leaning towards Ray Rice because he only 23 years old and would be good for years to come. I have also considered MJD, Andre Johnson and Aaron Rodgers. Johnson and Rodgers score well in my league but would I be reaching for those two guys at the the three spot?

Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hey Cuse! Glad to see you back again this year... My question - what RB should I consider in the middle rds?

Not happy w/ my RBs: Charles, Forte, Jacobs, Tate

(this is a keeper league so all of the good RBs were already kept)

These guys are available in the 9th rd:

- Lynch

- Washington

- Gerhart

- Choice

- LJ

- Ward

- Buckhalter

Looking at Choice (and hope for injury to MBIII or Felix) or Lynch (and hoping he gets traded). Not excited about either one though. What do you think?

Leon Washington without question of that group! Regardless of who starts, Forsett, Jones, trade for Lynch....whatever, Washington has a chance to shine! He's playing the "USC Reggie Bush role" in Carroll's system. We all know he is lightning in a bottle and if anyone can use all of his abilities to their pinnacle I think Pete can. You're rolling the dice with any of them, but I like the potential of Washington under Carroll.

Alright Cuse, I posted this on the board as well, but I want to make sure you answer it. It seems that you know what you are doing.... at least you made it seem that way in our scratch draft:)

I am in a 12 team Auction/Keeper league where I am allowed to keep 2 players (Only 1 RB). Standard decimal scoring with a $200 cap. We are only allowed to keep players for 3 consecutive years and this is now presenting a bit of a tough decision for me. I can't keep Peterson any longer so he will be available in our draft and so will MJD. Virtually every other big name RB rated higher than DeAngelo is being kept. Here is my team and the price that it would cost me to keep each player.

I'm Keeping Roddy White for $10 already. So I need one from this bunch.

Justin Forsett $6

Felix Jones $19

Percy Harvin $7

Dallas Clark $14

Those are the names that I have narrowed it down too. We start 1QB,2RB,1FLEX,2WR,1TE,1K,1DT. I'm leaning toward Dallas Clark.

Thanks!

Easy one. Dallas Clark is option 1B in the most potent offense in the NFL. He does everything and more from the tight end spot. He puts up numbers similar to a high end WR2. With Forsett, Jones and Harvin you would be keeping strictly potential. When keeping a player in a salary cap league it has to be one of two things. Either a bonified elite stud or a gret young player that you paid almost nothing for. Felix is way too high and Forsett and Harvin just don't get me that excited from a fantasy standpoint. Clark is the unquestioned #1 TE, can't go wrong with him.

Great value on Roddy by the way!

Good luck.

Hi Cuse9,

Tough one - I will be in a position to draft either Brees or Rodgers and I'm struggling. This league allows 2 unrestricted keepers and 1 keeper drafted after the 8th round the previous year. I think Brees is the safer, guaranteed top 3 and Rodgers is an injury risk because of that oline. However, Rodgers is 4 years younger and this is dynasty.

Would you rather have a T-Bone or a Porterhouse? Either way, you're gold in this one. Both are almost certain locks to throw for 4000 and 30 TD's. For me it would simply come down to where they play. Home/Division: Saints play 8 games inside a dome. three games in Tampa, Atlanta & Carolina. While Green Bay will play 8 games outside and one at windy Chicago, a stoudt defense in Minny and...well, okay, two games against the Lions.

The chances of Rodgers playing in two feet of snow, 0 degree tempatures or any other horrible weather conditions are alot higher than Brees, not to mention that weather would most likely come during our playoffs.

Playoff schedule: Brees Week 14 St. Louis, Wk 15 at Balt, Wk 16 at Atlanta, Wk 17 Tampa

Playoff schedule: Rodgers Wk 14 at Detroit, Wk 15 at New England, Wk 16 NY Giants, Wk 17 Chicago

Very tough for Rodgers in his last three games. Again, I'm trying to split hairs here. Both will be great. Both have a tremendous amount of weapons at their disposal. On any given play they have the talent around them to score from anywhere on the field. This is a who would you rather have, Kobe or LeBron, Pujols or Rodriguez, Federer or Nadal....either way you win. Brees is 31 and Rodgers 26..no impact on the pick whatsoever.

By the slightest of margins, I'd pick Brees.

Cuse9,

I need your honest opinion. I am in a keeper league that just reset after 10 years. I drew the 3rd overall pick and I am trying to decide who I want to build my team around. It is a PPR league in which Receivers are given 1 PT and RBs .5 PT for receptions. I am leaning towards Ray Rice because he only 23 years old and would be good for years to come. I have also considered MJD, Andre Johnson and Aaron Rodgers. Johnson and Rodgers score well in my league but would I be reaching for those two guys at the the three spot?

Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Tough, so, it's a total redraft and I'm going to assume there is no time limit to how long you can keep a player.

Let's assume picks 1 and 2 are Chris Johnson and Adrian Peterson.

Andre Johnson is great. Make no mistake he's the #1 receiver out there and should be for the next four/five years. MJD is alot like Rice without the promise in his supporting cast. Rodgers is a top tier QB with no end in slowing down in site.

Rice is a great situation. He's young, has a young QB with alot of potential and head coach who seems to be doing everything right. You will get rushing yards with receptions and receiving yardage for sure. It doesn't seem like he'll ever get you the TD's that we would like out of him, but his receiving skills should make up for it. He would be my choice as well. There are not too many elite RB's in the league and he is one that should continue that for several years. You have alot better chance to land a stud WR/QB in rounds 2 or 3 than you do getting a RB that can carry a team.

You do not want to miss on this pick and Rice should not disappoint. Although it's bit scary taking a guy that has only one year under his belt of fantasy greatness, he seems to be the centerpiece of an offense that is really on the rise. AJ or Rodgers are definitly the safer pick here without question, but I'm on board with you. Ray Rice is the better pick as far as longevity and production that can lead you, not only this year, but for the next 5/6 years.

Good luck!

Wow, you ARE good! Thanks for your time and advice. You were correct to assume there is no limit to our keeper. That's why I need to be sure on this one. Thank you!

Cuse9,

i always enjoy reading your threads and your take on different situations -

anyway, i am in a non-ppr 14 team keeper league (2 keepers per team). my RB situation was terrible last year, so i rolled the dice, and kept nobody in an effort to target the remaining quality RBs that werent kept. my RBs i drafted were:

DeAngelo Williams

Shonn Greene

Beanie Wells

Arian Foster

Justin Forsett

Larry Johnson

i feel pretty solid with that group in a 14-teamer (4 of them i feel are going to get significant carries), but i fear i did it at the expense of my WR corps:

Michael Crabtree

Jeremy Maclin

Lee Evans

Johnny Knox

I have noticed that Mike Thomas of Jax is still available after the draft, and have been toying with simply dropping Larry Johnson and grabbing him and calling it a day, but i have been also using some RB depth in an effort to trade for a higher rated WR like Calvin Johnson or someone of that level.

First of all, what do you think of my WR as they are - i clearly need to add someone, but do i need to use my RB depth to trade up for a clear upgrade at the position, or is a FA move for Thomas as i mentioned a more loogical move, retaining my RB as is? do you think a guy like Crabtree or Maclin is going to put up serious numbers enough to carry the load?

thanks!

Cuse9, 12 team PPR league (1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE), QB TDs are worth 6 points

You keep a player in the round kept, do I keep Romo in the 6th or Garcon in the 12th?

Thanks!

Cuse9, it's really cool you do this! Here's my deal:

I am in a league with unique scoring in that players receive 1 point for each passing yard, 30 points per TD pass, -20 for INT, 2 points for each rushing or receiving yard, -45 for fumbles. Also, players get 60 points per TD and 2 points per reception.

WR that run back kicks are especially valuable as they get 1 point for each kickoff return yard and 2 points per each punt return yard. Josh Cribbs and Sproles have made nice players because of this!

Anyhow, there are 12 teams in the league and folks just declared keepers yesterday. We start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, Flex RB/WR/TE, TE, K, DEF. I am the third team...the team with Moss, Brees and DeAngelo Williams:

1-ADP, Shonn Greene

2-Turner, Grant

3-R. Moss, Brees, DWill

4-Rodgers

5-R. Rice, SJax, Cribbs

6-Fitz

7-Gore, Mendenhall, Roddy White

8-Wayne

9-MJD, Benson, Austin

10-Brady

11-Chris Johnson, P. Manning, Andre Johnson

12-Desean Jackson, Colston

This is the draft order and the draft runs in a serpentine format. Since I chose 3 players, I must wait until all teams have 3 players before the draft starts so that all teams are choosing. Everyone had to name a franchise player and then for the first 2 rounds, teams lose their draft pick in these rounds if they have keepers past the franchise player. There are 3 keepers allowed max. The 3rd round is when all teams draft.

With that said, who would you covet with my first 2 picks (#3 and #22)? Last year I kept MJD, Brees and DWill in this format and hoped to go WR, WR in the first rounds where I picked. I got Housh and Owens and had an awful 1-5 start due to no WR production! I had to trade MJD for Randy Moss and Jacobs and wound up out of the playoffs. I hope to fare better this season.

Thanks for the help.

Hey Cuse9 thanks for answering my question

One of my drafts is coming up and i got the 6th spot i need some advice who you think i should take.

The draft should go like this: AP, CJ, MJD, Turner (Falcons fan), Ray Rice...... Then my pick

Scoring: non-ppr league redraft

all TD's 6pts.

1pt every 20yds rush/rec.

1pt every 50yds passing

I have never drafted a 1st round qb usually i take a RB, but should this be the first year i do take a QB that early?

I'm not a big Frank Gore fan but i do have him as the next RB in my rankings or should i take Rodgers or Brees or even Manning. I made up my mind i don't want to take AJ or Moss.

Or is there any other RB's you think i should be targeting at 6 other then Gore? Please don't say S. Jackson!!!!

Thanks for your help !!

Goodluck to you this year with your drafts!!

Cuse,

you have helped me two years in a row and I have finished in the $$ both years, lookin for your advice again.

So, this year I have pick 10 in a 12 teamer redraft.

Its a .5 PPR, 10 yards rush per pt., 20 yards rec per pt, 25 yards pass per pt, and all TDS are 6pts, -3 for INTs.

For the 10th pick, which way do you think I should go? I have narrowed it down to either taking R. Mathews, Mendanhall, or D-Will and than taking best WR in the second or taking AJ/Moss/CJ and then the best RB in the second.

D-Will intrigues me becuase of his contract year and I think he is the best RB talent out of the three. Stewart does not scare me that much. Mathews being a rookie makes me a bit uneasy and Pitt has looked awful. i would be happy with any of the three WR listed above. Or even Marshall, White, or Wayne.

Which way do you think is best?

Thanks!

Cuse9,

i always enjoy reading your threads and your take on different situations -

anyway, i am in a non-ppr 14 team keeper league (2 keepers per team). my RB situation was terrible last year, so i rolled the dice, and kept nobody in an effort to target the remaining quality RBs that werent kept. my RBs i drafted were:

DeAngelo Williams

Shonn Greene

Beanie Wells

Arian Foster

Justin Forsett

Larry Johnson

i feel pretty solid with that group in a 14-teamer (4 of them i feel are going to get significant carries), but i fear i did it at the expense of my WR corps:

Michael Crabtree

Jeremy Maclin

Lee Evans

Johnny Knox

I have noticed that Mike Thomas of Jax is still available after the draft, and have been toying with simply dropping Larry Johnson and grabbing him and calling it a day, but i have been also using some RB depth in an effort to trade for a higher rated WR like Calvin Johnson or someone of that level.

First of all, what do you think of my WR as they are - i clearly need to add someone, but do i need to use my RB depth to trade up for a clear upgrade at the position, or is a FA move for Thomas as i mentioned a more loogical move, retaining my RB as is? do you think a guy like Crabtree or Maclin is going to put up serious numbers enough to carry the load?

thanks!

"Michael Crabtree, Jeremy Maclin, Lee Evans, Johnny Knox"

Not a bad threesome. Crabs, Maclin and Knox all have a ton of potential heading into this year. Ideally I'd like one to be a solid top ten receiver that you can bank 1000-10 on, but your three wr's have the potential to do that. Lee Evans is a waste in my opinion. I'd rather have Devin Aromashodu, Jabbar Gaffney or a host of other wr's that are in situations where they can produce huge years. There is nothing in Buffalo that makes me think Evans will do anything more than he's done the past several years. He's a burner with a ton of talent and nobody to get him the ball. For fourteen teams though the group is good enough to be respectable through the year. I would look to replace Evans though. Who is available?

"DeAngelo Williams, Shonn Greene, Beanie Wells, Arian Foster, Justin Forsett, Larry Johnson"

Superb depth at running back. Fourteen team leagues you're lucky to have three starters and you managed to pull in four...possibly five. Larry Johnson is wasted roster space. Don't be surprized if he gets cut or falls behind Ryan Torain on the depth chart. Boot him for sure. Of course if Portis goes down and LJ remains #2, then you could be great....I just don't see it happening.

As for what to do with the depth....trade, trade, trade! Chris Wells would be my first one to try and get rid of. Simply because he creates the most buzz and is in a RBBC situation with no end in site. He's got the skills to be an everydown back and carry the load, but Hightower is too good to let that happen. Dangle him out there and see what you can pull in for a WR. I would target guys like Wes Welker, Steve Smith (NYG or Caro), Boldin....see what you can pull. Justin Forsett, find out who has Julius Jones and see if you can make something happen. Hold onto Arian Foster. The Texans have done great producing star RB's out of nowhere, Steve Slaton, Dominik Davis/Williams....those guys were nobodies that turned into studs.

Overall you did a very good job between the two. Get rid of Larry Johnson and Lee Evans, both aging stars who are not in favorable situations. Try and trade Wells/Forsett to acquire higher tiered wr. Even if you do nothing, I think you'll be okay, so don't get anxious and make a trade for the sake of trading. You don't "need" to trade, but you could afford to lose depth (point piling up on your bench) for a better weekly wide receiver starter.

Good luck.

Cuse9, 12 team PPR league (1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE), QB TDs are worth 6 points

You keep a player in the round kept, do I keep Romo in the 6th or Garcon in the 12th?

Thanks!

I love Garcon alot! The problem here is you will not get Romo again if you let him go and you can get Garcon again. I would keep Romo based on availability of the positions. There are not alot of great QB's and you have one of the top ones. By keeping Romo you can safely ignore the QB position and focus on the best players available. Garcon is a 5/6 round pick, if you can get him back...do it. He's in store for great things this year!!

Cuse9, it's really cool you do this! Here's my deal:

I am in a league with unique scoring in that players receive 1 point for each passing yard, 30 points per TD pass, -20 for INT, 2 points for each rushing or receiving yard, -45 for fumbles. Also, players get 60 points per TD and 2 points per reception.

WR that run back kicks are especially valuable as they get 1 point for each kickoff return yard and 2 points per each punt return yard. Josh Cribbs and Sproles have made nice players because of this!

Anyhow, there are 12 teams in the league and folks just declared keepers yesterday. We start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, Flex RB/WR/TE, TE, K, DEF. I am the third team...the team with Moss, Brees and DeAngelo Williams:

1-ADP, Shonn Greene..Matt Schaub

2-Turner, Grant......Philip Rivers

3-R. Moss, Brees, DWill

4-Rodgers............Ryan Mathews, Greg Jennings

5-R. Rice, SJax, Cribbs

6-Fitz...............Calvin Johnson, Pierre Thomas

7-Gore, Mendenhall, Roddy White

8-Wayne..............Tony Romo, Anquan Boldin

9-MJD, Benson, Austin

10-Brady.............Brandon Marshall, Jahvid Best

11-Chris Johnson, P. Manning, Andre Johnson

12-Desean Jackson, Colston

This is the draft order and the draft runs in a serpentine format. Since I chose 3 players, I must wait until all teams have 3 players before the draft starts so that all teams are choosing. Everyone had to name a franchise player and then for the first 2 rounds, teams lose their draft pick in these rounds if they have keepers past the franchise player. There are 3 keepers allowed max. The 3rd round is when all teams draft.

With that said, who would you covet with my first 2 picks (#3 and #22)? Last year I kept MJD, Brees and DWill in this format and hoped to go WR, WR in the first rounds where I picked. I got Housh and Owens and had an awful 1-5 start due to no WR production! I had to trade MJD for Randy Moss and Jacobs and wound up out of the playoffs. I hope to fare better this season.

Thanks for the help.

I filled in who I think will go with the remaining picks to fill the "supplemental round".

Picks 1 & 2....Jamaal Charles & Steve Smith (NYG).

So that leaves you with....Steve Smith (Caro), Wes Welker, Dallas Clark, Ronnie Brown, LeSean McCoy +/- any of the players I predicted would go before your pick. For me it would come down to three players. LeSean McCoy, Wes Welker and Dallas Clark. I eliminate Welker cause you have Moss. I don't want my top two wr's from the same team.

If Boldin, S. Smith/NYG, Best, PT fall to that pick...I'd grab any of those four without hesitation. I think it's gonna be McCoy or Dallas Clark though. Since you are solid at each position I would go for Dallas Clark. That would give you a top QB, RB, WR and TE. Assuming that all four positions are positions that you must start, I like having my four main positions covered and being able to grab the best WR/RB with my next 3/4 picks.

Pick 22 is actually pick 58. With the 58th pick you're looking at Ochocinco, Owens, Addai, Forte, Harrison, Bowe, Stewart, Bradshaw, Garcon, Maclin....Your first priority is getting a RB, cause after that pick they really slim down. If you can land the likes of Forte or Addai, grab them. They are backs who will carry the majority of the load and get the goal line carries. While it would be nice to add another great wide receiver with that pick, a running back will ideally be your pick. However, you take what is there. If someone like a Crabtree, Welker would fall there, you can't pass up the value.

Hope that helps?! Good luck.

Hey Cuse9 thanks for answering my question

One of my drafts is coming up and i got the 6th spot i need some advice who you think i should take.

The draft should go like this: AP, CJ, MJD, Turner (Falcons fan), Ray Rice...... Then my pick

Scoring: non-ppr league redraft

all TD's 6pts.

1pt every 20yds rush/rec.

1pt every 50yds passing

I have never drafted a 1st round qb usually i take a RB, but should this be the first year i do take a QB that early?

I'm not a big Frank Gore fan but i do have him as the next RB in my rankings or should i take Rodgers or Brees or even Manning. I made up my mind i don't want to take AJ or Moss.

Or is there any other RB's you think i should be targeting at 6 other then Gore? Please don't say S. Jackson!!!!

Thanks for your help !!

Goodluck to you this year with your drafts!!

You still have to grab Frank Gore. He's the main cog in a run first offense. He's capable of going for over 2000 rushing/receiving yards and 15+ TD's. That is simply too much production to pass up. It's nice to entertain other ideas's but, with the league set up a guy like Gore with that pick is more valuable than anyone else there. Andre Johnson would be my next option. The unquestioned #1 wide receiver in the league who is money for 100 catches, 1200 yards and 10 TD's. I do think a top QB in this league is important, but I feel as though you will still get a good one in the second round. Brady, Romo, Schaub should be there in round two with Rivers, Eli, Palmer, Cutler all great options in the third, fourth and so forth. It's easier to fill a QB spot than it is to fill a WR/RB spot, so the importance of the first round pick is in running backs and wide receivers.

Frank Gore is my choice, followed by Andre Johnson. I would actually take either one over Michael Turner.

Good luck, let us know what you end up doing!!

Cuse,

you have helped me two years in a row and I have finished in the $$ both years, lookin for your advice again.

So, this year I have pick 10 in a 12 teamer redraft.

Its a .5 PPR, 10 yards rush per pt., 20 yards rec per pt, 25 yards pass per pt, and all TDS are 6pts, -3 for INTs.

For the 10th pick, which way do you think I should go? I have narrowed it down to either taking R. Mathews, Mendanhall, or D-Will and than taking best WR in the second or taking AJ/Moss/CJ and then the best RB in the second.

D-Will intrigues me becuase of his contract year and I think he is the best RB talent out of the three. Stewart does not scare me that much. Mathews being a rookie makes me a bit uneasy and Pitt has looked awful. i would be happy with any of the three WR listed above. Or even Marshall, White, or Wayne.

Which way do you think is best?

Thanks!

Let's get one thing straight. Contract year players performing better...it's a myth. Athletes be it pro or not really don't need money as incentive to play harder. I think when younger players, especially straight out of college, sign huge bonuses it can affect them. Some don't feel the need to put in more effort feeling as though they are already great...anyway, that's a whole other topic! Contract year or not, if a player is great he'll play great regardless of whether or not he has a contract or not.

Back on subject. I don't like DWill of that group simply because of Stewart. While it still allows him to put up great numbers if I had a choice I would rather go with Mathews or Mendenhall. Both of them are the feature backs who will get every chance to succeed on their own. There is no competition to take their carries, TD's, catches and most of all...their job! I would grade Mathews slightly ahead of Mendenhall based on the facts that Mathews will get more receptions.

In the second I'm totally on board with you. If AJ or Moss fall to you I'd be estatic! Calvin or Wayne is a good choice as well. Don't set your sites on a particular position though. If a RB falls to that pick and AJ, Moss are gone, don't hesitate to grab Mendenhall, Mathews or DWill if they fall there. I would say there is a good shot that Mendenhall will fall to that pick.

Always keep your options open and adjust on the fly. If you happen to take two RB's with your first two picks, just pay attention to WR's that fall to your following picks and especially watch the TE's that go. There is nothing wrong with bypassing a third tier wide receiver for the likes of Dallas Clark, Vernon Davis or Antonio Gates. They put up similar numbers to a WR3 anyway. If you can get that type of production out of your TE, then you can afford to have a WR1 that isn't great, but good enough.

If you've finished in the money two years in a row, I'm sure you'll pull it off again! Great job on that!

Good luck

Cuse9 - glad to have ya back!

OK - riddle me this:

#2 overall pick in a 10 team PPR league - snake draft

Strategy for first 4 or 5 picks?

RB, WR, WR, QB...etc

RB, RB, WR, WR...etc

or so on...

what cha' think or grab ADP or CJ whoever falls to me and then take "best" available?

thanks - seh2000

thanks for your time and such a solid reply. as predicted, i did get rid of johnson and was able to land Mike Thomas off the FA list. still fishing for a good deal for a WR upgrade, but i think i am in pretty good shape.

thanks again, great thread.

Cuse9 - glad to have ya back!

OK - riddle me this:

#2 overall pick in a 10 team PPR league - snake draft

Strategy for first 4 or 5 picks?

RB, WR, WR, QB...etc

RB, RB, WR, WR...etc

or so on...

what cha' think or grab ADP or CJ whoever falls to me and then take "best" available?

thanks - seh2000

Yep, nothing tricky here. You take CJ or AP. Either way, you win. It's a win/win for two reasons. Peterson is looking to catch 50+ balls this year. That's great news for PPR leagues and with his ability, the more touches the more yards and TD's. If he becomes a legit pass catcher he will vault to #1 on fantasy boards and be the ultimate fantasy player. UNLESS, Chris Johnson actually reaches his goal of running for 2500 yards....doh!!

Picking from the two hole your strategy will evolve as you go. Pick one you know you are taking a RB, so pick 2-3 is open for anything. At the turn you should have some great options. I would simply take the best available. Of course you won't take two running backs, but these two picks will be somewhat easy. I would not take a QB if Rodgers, Manning and Brees were gone. Important: The guy drafting from the one spot, pay attention to who he takes! That will help as the draft goes along for the next five picks.

Rounds 4-5. These two picks are the most critical. They set your team in the direction you will go the rest of the draft. IF you did not take a QB with rounds 2-3 and Drafter 1 did....do not even think about taking a QB with round four pick. This is a good spot to take a top tier TE if one is there. Most likely Dallas Clark, Antonio Gates and Vernon Davis will be gone. If not, I'd grab one of them. Next is Jason Witten, Jermichael Finley or Tony Gonzalez is there, I would grab one of them. After those six, the TE position takes a big hit. You either get one there or wait for awhile. With the round five pick, pending on who is there, it would be a good time to grab a QB if there is a great one that you like. If not fill the WR/RB void. Rounds 6-7 simply fill the rest of your weekly starters.

So, the strategy is simple. Don't draft two QB's within your first 7 picks, it's pointless....I don't care what the value is. I would advise not drafting three RB's (if you can only start two), again, depth is great, but your weekly starters are more important. If you make sure you set your starters with your first 6-7 picks. The guy who has three great running backs that he picked in the first four rounds will have one on the bench when you play him, while the starters you drafted are playing and putting up points for you.

Picking from the two hole you can dictate some trends (defense/tight ends) and if you pay attention to what drafter one is doing you can get a few "bonus" players. For example if it's round 4 and drafter one has a QB and two RB's....you take a WR or TE, knowing he is definitly going to take one/two of them with his pick. If you take Tony Romo with your round four pick, most likely he will then take a WR/TE that you wanted, when you could have had one with the round four pick, knowing you could get Romo with the round five pick....follow me?

There isn't a position/player strategy you should follow, but more of a know when to take what. Hopefully what I said makes sense to you.

Sorry this turned out to be so long. I love picking at the turns. Picks 1-2/13-14 are the most fun, I could yap about the strategies and such forever!!

Good luck.

thanks for your time and such a solid reply. as predicted, i did get rid of johnson and was able to land Mike Thomas off the FA list. still fishing for a good deal for a WR upgrade, but i think i am in pretty good shape.

thanks again, great thread.

Put this on your watch list: Watch Eric Decker in Denver. He may not get more than 5 catches all season. However, if he sees alot of action in week one and grabs 3-4 balls, pick him up immediatly and think Wes Welker!

Hey Cuse

I'm trying to decide between 2 of 4 WR's. Right now i have Maclin and Mason. Maclin is injured at the moment and may be out a few weeks. The two receivers i was considering getting were Manningham and/or Chambers. Which two of the four should i go with? Thanks!

By the way, my league is non-PPR, 6 Points per TD.REC.