Sign in to follow this  
Flgatorguy87

Finley love

I had too have this guy and rather then reach for a WR2 to pair with miles austin, I took him in the 4th. I was able to get Floyd, D Bowe, and Gaffney down the line so I feel great coming away with him as my TE but really thinking off him as my WR2.

You guys think it was a reach?

I had too have this guy and rather then reach for a WR2 to pair with miles austin, I took him in the 4th. I was able to get Floyd, D Bowe, and Gaffney down the line so I feel great coming away with him as my TE but really thinking off him as my WR2.

I drafted in the 6th. spot and took him in the 4th, but I was already happy with my first three picks (Andre johnson, Ryan Matthews, and Greg Jennings)and that made the pick an easy one for me... If he stays healthy, i view him as a WR in the TE slot. Reminds me of colston as a rookie. cha ching!!!!

I drafted in the 6th. spot and took him in the 4th, but I was already happy with my first three picks (Andre johnson, Ryan Matthews, and Greg Jennings)and that made the pick an easy one for me... If he stays healthy, i view him as a WR in the TE slot. Reminds me of colston as a rookie. cha ching!!!!

Finley went in the 3rd last night in my high stakes satellite league :shocking:

Finley went in the 3rd last night in my high stakes satellite league :shocking:

So it seems most people are viewing him as a WR stuck in the TE spot..........

I know I love him and so does Rodgers, and thats all that matters to me.

So it seems most people are viewing him as a WR stuck in the TE spot..........

I know I love him and so does Rodgers, and thats all that matters to me.

I had a draft earlier this afternoon and Finley went in the mid-third. I do not recall ever seeing the hype machine go in overtime like this for a TE. He was not only the first TE off the board, he went over some well known WR's. I like Finley quite a bit, just like everyone else, but I won't take a TE in the 3rd round and certainly will never be the first person taking a TE off the board. He had better end up with 90 receptions and 10 TD's to justify is current hype.

i got him in the 6th round after 3 TEs were picked...i think i got a steal

very excited about him....

i got him in the 6th round after 3 TEs were picked...i think i got a steal

very excited about him....

In a 10 team ppr redraft pick 9, I took him in the 5th after Gore (lots of QB went first round 6 pt TD with bonus after 250 and 300 yds passing), Moss, Green, Austin.

Sounds a lot like what I did - In my friends/family league (only 8 players, but very competitive), I reached for Finley at 5.7 (39th overall, in which QB's go very fast). I ended up with DeSean Jackson, Malcom Floyd, Johnny Knox, and Jabar Gaffney as my WR's. I really think Finley is in for a 80/1100/10 type of season, a lot better value than any WR2 in the 4th-5th round.

I'd rather stock up on depth at RB/WR where he is being drafted right now, and get a TE late. TE depth is ridiculously deep this year

:thumbsup:

I had a draft earlier this afternoon and Finley went in the mid-third. I do not recall ever seeing the hype machine go in overtime like this for a TE. He was not only the first TE off the board, he went over some well known WR's. I like Finley quite a bit, just like everyone else, but I won't take a TE in the 3rd round and certainly will never be the first person taking a TE off the board. He had better end up with 90 receptions and 10 TD's to justify is current hype.

My projections for Finley are 84-1020-9, which is 240 PPR fantasy points. That is higher than all but first round picks AJ, Moss, and second rounders Fitz, Austin, Wayne and White. I have projected 3 other second round WRs Jennings, Calvin, and Marshall in the 230-240 fantasy point range. So - you tell me - is he is worth a 3rd round pick?

I drafted him at 3.09 in one league and in the 4th round in another league this weekend, and also won him in my Auction league for the ridiculously low price of $32 (A J went for $68). He will be on at least 4 of my 6 teams.

I too took Finley in the 4th round but...... I had the 4th pick, with MJD's knee concerns i passed and took ARod. I couldnt pass on the tandem. Did i reach twice? Qb td's are 6 points and we dont have a mandatory TE spot. What do you guys think?

FWIW here's how my team turned out

ARod

Ryan Mathews

Miles Austin

Finley

Arian Foster

Vernon Davis

Reggie Bush

Justin Forsett

Brandon Jacobs

Matthew Stafford

Mohammed Massaquoi

49ers D

Jacoby Jones

Jeff Reed

out the 9th spot in a 12 team ppr redraft i grabbed him in the 4th

he was the first TE taken lol.....it started quite the TE run aswell

i really like him this year....some say i reached or should have took gates/clark before him.....but its not FF if you dont reach for who you like

I grabbed Finley at #57 this weekend, as the 4th TE off the board. I wasn't planning on taking him, but the first new round of my keeper league swallowed up all the receivers in my higher tiers. For the seeming 1b (or maybe 1a?) in Green Bay, I was okay breaking out of my usual plan of waiting on TE. I think only Gates has higher upside this season.

I grabbed Finley at #57 this weekend, as the 4th TE off the board. I wasn't planning on taking him, but the first new round of my keeper league swallowed up all the receivers in my higher tiers. For the seeming 1b (or maybe 1a?) in Green Bay, I was okay breaking out of my usual plan of waiting on TE. I think only Gates has higher upside this season.

I dunno, I think I'm liking Davis as the #1 TD. No, you shouldn't expect 13 TD's again, but he also got 10 of them (and 703 yards) in just the 11 games that Smith started (which project to 1,020 yards and 14.5 TD's in 16 games), so it's possible that 2010 could be even better than 2009.

I'm fond of Davis as well, but I have his numbers dropping a bit this season. More running, more Crabtree. Still a great option, though. In the case of my league, Davis was one of the guys already off the board.

How much of an upgrade is Finley over chris cooley?

I have an offer on the table for getting Finley and giving up cooley + bradshaw. I am deep at RB with benson, addai, forte, ricky, donald brown in a 10 teamer. Would any of you do this? Or Should i ###### off and go ask on help bored? :banana:

I have an offer on the table for getting Finley and giving up cooley + bradshaw. I am deep at RB with benson, addai, forte, ricky, donald brown in a 10 teamer. Would any of you do this? Or Should i ###### off and go ask on help bored? :banana:

yup!

I was really hoping Finley would have a quiet preseason. I was really high on him, and I was hoping to get him somewhat cheap in my auction......his $$ is steadily flying upward.

The particulars of your trade notwithstanding, I think TE is a particularly great position to try to upgrade in 10-team leagues. TE is really deep this year, but you might not want to be playing the risk game with a Winslow/Carlson/Cooley when even a really good year is likely to put them around TE6 or TE7. I do like Cooley this year and have him as a starter in one of my larger leagues, but there's some risk there with Fred Davis. I believe in Cooley to hit around 850/8, but it's rarely a bad idea to try and upgrade a starter through your depth when league size allows those kinds of moves.

1100yds - 12 TD's for Finley - Book it! :headbanger:

He simply can't be covered by a linebacker or a nickle back. Unless Rodgers gets hurt, you are looking at the #1 TE next year, hands down. :cheers:

He had better end up with 90 receptions and 10 TD's to justify is current hype.

The WRs he is being drafted over won't get 90 receptions and 10 TDs. Some of the WRs taken ahead of him won't either.

I think people just have it in their head that a TE shouldn't go early, especially given this year's depth. But if he puts up 1,100 yards and 11 TDs, he's probably even worth a late 2nd rounder since that's where Fitz is being taken and he may not hit those numbers.

i dont consider there to be any "hype train" with this guy. the hype was last year and he lived up to it in the 2nd half. he is a top 5 tight end plain and simple with tons of upside.

now i totally disagree with taking any tight end in round 3. that is overkill. but in todays PPR formats, once the best WR's are off the board, it is not at all uncommon to see owners snag these high production tight ends. Even though the position is deep, there are still a handful of guys who offer WR-like receptions yards and scores which becomes increasingly important in leagues that employ a flex spot.

I recently got him in a 10 team league and i believe i drafted him in round 5. Clark, Gates and Witten were off the board.